Printing Specific Subforms Records

I have a subform that is linked to a report that I will run for 2003 Access.
When it runs and prints out, I receive a print-out for each record that is
found in the subform, (ie. 1 record = 1 page. 15 records = 15 pages)  How can
I limit the report to printing out 1 page for all the files listed and linked
together?
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 13:41:04 -0800, szczmj70
<szczmj70@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a subform that is linked to a report

How is the *subform* linked to the report? Do you mean that your report
actually references the form object, or is the Report based on the same table
as the Subform? What is the Recordsource property of the report, and how are
you opening the report?

> that I will run for 2003 Access.
>When it runs and prints out, I receive a print-out for each record that is
>found in the subform, (ie. 1 record = 1 page. 15 records = 15 pages)  How can
>I limit the report to printing out 1 page for all the files listed and linked
>together?

Since we have no way to know what "files listed" means all I can say is "use
an appropriate query as the recordsource for the report". Do you want to see
one page with fifteen rows? or just one particular record? if so which?

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
1/29/2008 3:35:41 AM

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 13:41:04 -0800, szczmj70
> <szczmj70@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have a subform that is linked to a report
>
> How is the *subform* linked to the report? Do you mean that your report
> actually references the form object, or is the Report based on the same table
> as the Subform? What is the Recordsource property of the report, and how are
> you opening the report?
>
> > that I will run for 2003 Access.
> >When it runs and prints out, I receive a print-out for each record that is
> >found in the subform, (ie. 1 record = 1 page. 15 records = 15 pages)  How can
> >I limit the report to printing out 1 page for all the files listed and linked
> >together?
>
> Since we have no way to know what "files listed" means all I can say is "use
> an appropriate query as the recordsource for the report". Do you want to see
> one page with fifteen rows? or just one particular record? if so which?
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

The report is based on the same table as the report.  I only access the
report to print off the records, so I setup a function button that when I
click on it, it asks we what item number I would like to print and then it
prints it out. I never see the report in this view.

As for the files listed, these are the titles of the documents pertaining to
individual boxes.  Each box contains its own specific titles of documents.
Through this I want to see one page with 15 rows.

Any help you can give is appreciated. Thx.
On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 11:54:21 -0800, szczmj70
<szczmj70@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The report is based on the same table as the report.

As the *subform*, do you mean?

> I only access the
>report to print off the records, so I setup a function button that when I
>click on it, it asks we what item number I would like to print and then it
>prints it out. I never see the report in this view.

Please post the code behind the button. I can't see it from here <g>...

>As for the files listed, these are the titles of the documents pertaining to
>individual boxes.  Each box contains its own specific titles of documents.
>Through this I want to see one page with 15 rows.

And what DO you see instead? What is the Recordsource of the report?

>Any help you can give is appreciated. Thx.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
2/1/2008 8:53:28 PM
1.) Yes, subform is what I meant to say.

2.) Here is the code listed behind the print-option:

Private Sub Print_Box_Click()

DoCmd.Echo False
       ' Open the report in Preview mode.
       DoCmd.OpenReport "R: Box Label", acViewPreview
       DoCmd.PrintOut acPages, 1, 3, acHigh, 1, False
       DoCmd.Close       ' Close the report.
       DoCmd.Echo False

End Sub

3.) I see the records that I want, but instead of just getting one page with
all the document titles, I receive pages for all the document titles listed.
And each of the pages that prints out still contains all of the document
titles, not separate files.

4.) The record source is a Query for a label that is attached to the front
of my box.

Sorry if these answers aren't helpful, I'm still learning this program.

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 11:54:21 -0800, szczmj70
> <szczmj70@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >The report is based on the same table as the report.
>
> As the *subform*, do you mean?
>
> > I only access the
> >report to print off the records, so I setup a function button that when I
> >click on it, it asks we what item number I would like to print and then it
> >prints it out. I never see the report in this view.
>
> Please post the code behind the button. I can't see it from here <g>...
>
> >As for the files listed, these are the titles of the documents pertaining to
> >individual boxes.  Each box contains its own specific titles of documents.
> >Through this I want to see one page with 15 rows.
>
> And what DO you see instead? What is the Recordsource of the report?
>
> >Any help you can give is appreciated. Thx.
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 08:10:00 -0800, szczmj70
<szczmj70@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>1.) Yes, subform is what I meant to say.
>

>2.) Here is the code listed behind the print-option:
>
>Private Sub Print_Box_Click()
>
>DoCmd.Echo False
>       ' Open the report in Preview mode.
>       DoCmd.OpenReport "R: Box Label", acViewPreview
>       DoCmd.PrintOut acPages, 1, 3, acHigh, 1, False
>       DoCmd.Close       ' Close the report.
>       DoCmd.Echo False
>
>End Sub
>
>3.) I see the records that I want, but instead of just getting one page with
>all the document titles, I receive pages for all the document titles listed.
>And each of the pages that prints out still contains all of the document
>titles, not separate files.

Well... you know what a "Document Title" is and what "files" are in your
context. We don't! It appears that you are opening a report based on a query
which returns all records. If you want just a specific box, you will either
need to change the Query so that it references your form for a criterion, or
add a WhereCondition to the OpenReport line: something like

       DoCmd.OpenReport "R: Box Label", acViewPreview, _
          WhereCondition := "[BoxNo] = " & Me!txtBoxNo

where BoxNo should be name of the field identifying the specific label you
want printed, and txtBoxNo is the name of a control on the Form containing the
value of the box number that you want.
--
             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Thank you for the help. What you stated makes sense. Sorry for throwing out
the random file names.

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 08:10:00 -0800, szczmj70
> <szczmj70@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >1.) Yes, subform is what I meant to say.
> >

> >2.) Here is the code listed behind the print-option:
> >
> >Private Sub Print_Box_Click()
> >
> >DoCmd.Echo False
> >       ' Open the report in Preview mode.
> >       DoCmd.OpenReport "R: Box Label", acViewPreview
> >       DoCmd.PrintOut acPages, 1, 3, acHigh, 1, False
> >       DoCmd.Close       ' Close the report.
> >       DoCmd.Echo False
> >
> >End Sub
> >
> >3.) I see the records that I want, but instead of just getting one page with
> >all the document titles, I receive pages for all the document titles listed.
> >And each of the pages that prints out still contains all of the document
> >titles, not separate files.
>
> Well... you know what a "Document Title" is and what "files" are in your
> context. We don't! It appears that you are opening a report based on a query
> which returns all records. If you want just a specific box, you will either
> need to change the Query so that it references your form for a criterion, or
> add a WhereCondition to the OpenReport line: something like
>
>        DoCmd.OpenReport "R: Box Label", acViewPreview, _
>           WhereCondition := "[BoxNo] = " & Me!txtBoxNo
>
> where BoxNo should be name of the field identifying the specific label you
> want printed, and txtBoxNo is the name of a control on the Form containing the
> value of the box number that you want.
> --
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

printing copies

Ghosted print and print preview

Role: Business Management
Does anyone know what the Record Type "Record Customization" field in the role management area refers to? I can't find this out anywhere! Thanks! Kristina, I believe this controls whether or not you can make schema changes. Matt "Kristina Ledford" <noemails@noemails.com> wrote in message news:u%23ycc3WmDHA.2820@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... Does anyone know what the Record Type "Record Customization" field in the role management area refers to? I can't find this out anywhere! Thanks! ...

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

Printing booklet

Check printing in GP 7.0

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

distributing paid amount to specific months
i have a table tblFundAccruals w/ field names IndexNum, PID, Month, DueAmount. .. these amounts will be accrued every month plus the unpaid amount in arrears during the past years... my problem is when a certain PID goes to pay an amount for example 500, how can i possibly allocate this amount to his monthly dues.. example, if his dues look like this: IndexNum PID Month Due 1 23 in arrears 200 2 23 Jan 100 3 23 Feb 100 how can i distribu...

Problems with printing

Vlookup with a specific item
Hi, I would like to vlookup on employees' degree start date, eg.: A B C emp. no. Start date Edu 1 01/01/90 Dip 1 01/01/95 Deg 2 01/01/82 Cert 2 01/01/86 Dip 2 01/01/90 Deg How do I vlookup on the emp. no and deg start date? Thanks in advance. Please note that this is an array formula. You create array formulas in the same way that you create other formulas, except you press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to enter the formula. If successful in 'Formula Bar' you can notice ...

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Printing in Vista

converting column of text to text box for repetitive records
Hi, I have a spreadsheet which contains employee information including job skills. My problem is that each skill (cook,candlemaker, etc.)creates a new row for that employee, duplicating fields that don't change, name, ss#,etc with the only new info in the row being the skill Like this: Jane doe,123456789,555-555-5555,cook Jane doe,123456789,555-555-5555,candlemaker What I want is 1 row for each employee with the last column containing all the skills in a text box or separated by commas. Is there an easy way to do this in Excel? Or even Access? Thanks, Clark --- Outgoing mail is certifie...

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

Printing problem

Count duplicates where the next column contains specific text
I need to write a formula which counts the number of unique entries i columnA where the corresponding entries in columnB contain a specifi string of text (ie *text*). Can anyone help with an answer to this problem or is it impossible t do in excel -- ar061 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ar0618's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3109 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50762 =SUM(--(FREQUENCY(IF(B2:B100="text",MATCH(A2:A100,A2:A100,0)),ROW(INDIRECT(" 1:"&...

Print a report without displaying print preview
Hi, Please can someone tell me in a really basic way how can I print a report WITHOUT it also previewing. I'm using 2007 I have several forms which have a print button ( created with the command button wizard, report operations, print report, then relevant report is chosen to print). This works great, and prints the relevant report for the the associated record, however when you click the print button it also displays the print preview and doesn't close it again. This means that until the preview is closed the same thing keeps printing when the button is clicked....

Printing clips the side of the document words
Hello, I've just installed all the updates for Windows XP that were required and others also and have Office 2003 with Outlook 2003. I've tried to print an email message and the words in the narrative are clipped on the right and left margins. The "TO" "FROM" "SUBJECT" and all the other header information is aligned correctly and the problem is only with the main text portion. When I print regular WORD documents, I don't have this problem and my printer can print directly to the edge of the paper (Laser). The formatting is coming from Outlook a...

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Ac
I have crm 3.0 and sql 2005 on separate servers. When I select Reports in My Activities, appears: Error. Please contacte the system administrator. The SQL 2005 is 64 bits on Windows 2003 64 bits. -- Allan Machado Microsoft Certified Professional Hi Alan, Are you accessing your CRM using an IP address or name, if it's IP address, it will not work. It only works with name because IP don't work with Kerbero. If it's still not working, follow the white paper from Microsoft to check your SPN, etc... Hope this will help. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm....

NEW RECORD ISSUES
Hi, I have a New record button in my main form. In the click event i have DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec command to add a new record. this seems fairly simple. When i click on it I can create a new record. The problem arises when i select other records using a combo box the value is retained for that selection and when i click the new button again the record is focused on the most current record selected with other feilds blanked out. How can i code to clear all values including ensuring the combo box field accepts the new record value. thanks in advance ...

Currency to Print
Is there a way to set up the defaut "Currency To Print:" to Originating when printe the Invoice from the Sales Batch ID. There is no problem to print the Invoice from Sales transaction Entry, because the default Currency was set using Originating. Thanks, Kevin, Yes. When you select the Print icon in Sales Batch, print options window will open where you specify Originating in Print currency in Dropdown. This should work the same way as printing invoice from sales transaction entry -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Kevin Zhou" wro...