Print previewing sub form

Hi

Is there a way to press a button on a main form to print preview one of its
sub forms, with the preview showing the same data as is visible on the sub
form?

Thanks

Regards

0
John
8/15/2007 10:02:12 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Aug 15, 5:02 pm, "John" <J...@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there a way to press a button on a main form to print preview one of its
> sub forms, with the preview showing the same data as is visible on the sub
> form?
>
> Thanks
>
> Regards

you would be better off using a Report instead.  Reports are for
printing and summarizing.  Forms are for data entry and basic
searching.

0
pietlinden

Outlook 2003 Printing Issue
My instance of Outlook 2003 has started to refuse to print some (but not all) emails. For those emails to which it objects, It does not respond to the Print Icon on the toolbar nor to the Print option in the File pull-down. There is no obvious correlation with the visble content of the email. I use Zonealarn and AVG. Disabling them does not make any visible difference. Anyone out there seen anythng like this before? Suggestions for investigation would be appreciated. TIA JonH On Sat, 16 May 2009 12:18:26 GMT, JonH@Underthewagon.net wrote: >My instance of Outlook 2003 has started ...

adding field to form
Hello, I have made continiuse form with 10 field that works (text box in detail and lables in form header) but when i want to add one more field that text box is in detail part of form and lable in form header part ,I can not save my form.and access goes to repair mode after saving and there is no change when I reopen my form. thanks. ...

Why is Publisher crashing when I select Print Preview?
I've used Print Preview before, but now the whole program closes when I select it. It doesn't make a difference whether I select it on the toolbar or from the dropdown menus. Any thoughts. Go to the manufacturer's web site of your graphics card and look around for an updated driver. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Leah S-W" <Leah S-W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B027FA0-7425-4CF9-94BE-0CA15A05FF45@microsoft.com... > I've used Print Preview before, but now the ...

Malicious Code error when opening a custom outlook form
After installing Visio 2003 on XP Professional with Microsoft Office 2002 installed, I get the following error when I launch a custom outlook form... "To help prevent malicious code from running, one or more objects in this form were not loaded. For more information, contact your administrator." Has anyone seen this or know how to address it? ...

change the default opening of a form to enter a new record
How can you stop a form defaulting to record 1 when you want to type in a new record. The only way we are getting round this at the moment is to click on the icon New record. However, every time we open the form to enter another record it is always showing record 1 -- Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie Shazza - Set the form property Data Entry to Yes. That will default to opening the form for new records. -- Daryl S "Shazza" wrote: > How can you stop a form defaulting to record 1 when you want to type in a new > r...

Workbook Printing Problem
Printing each sheet of a workbook individually works fine. Printing the entire workbook causes only the first sheet to print correctly (scaled to fill the sheet), the remaining pages are reduced in size (not scaled properly). Any suggestions to correct this (I want to use print entire worksheet to save time)? Try changing the views in each worksheet to Print preview and move the borders around? "j4ever" wrote: > Printing each sheet of a workbook individually works fine. Printing the > entire workbook causes only the first sheet to print correctly (scaled to ...

Why does the right side of my paper not print (within margin) Pub
I've had this problem for awhile now, but the current document is a postcard I'm printing 4 to a page with a border around each one. The whole thing prints out just fine except for the right side of the page, which happens to be the whole side of the border. It is well within the margins. I've checked all the settings within Publisher 2003 and my printer program (Dell Photo AIO) that I can find. Thanks! ~Renee'~ Renee'''' wrote: > I've had this problem for awhile now, but the current document is a postcard > I'm printing 4 to a page with a...

Excel: Repeating Row 1 Content at top of all printed pages
I see in the Setup - Sheet's Tab you can select Row and column headings to be printed, but that prints the litteral headings such as A, B, C and 1, 2, 3 I need for have the content that I have named my columns reprinted on the top of each page so that users of my printed spreadsheet don't have to flip back to page 1 see what the titile of a certain column is to understand the data in a certain cell in page 3, etc. of the worksheet in printed format. I'm familiar with the freeze pane issue so you can see the title cells when scrolling the worksheet - that's not my issue -...

Search Form
I have read some help articles on sub forms, however, have yet to find the solution that helps me. Some groups have stated that this is not known, however I know there has to be an easy solution: I have a form that also has a subform. The two are linked by a field, [Eno]. When I add records, etc, everything works beautifully. However, If I wanted to search the form from a SUB-FORM field [EMPLOYEE] from the MAIN form, It will now work. I started the search with a unbound text box, - after update which will be the search terms, however, I am trying to figure out VBA code that will ...

Excel charts in print preview distorted.
I'm assisting a customer with an excel presentation she created on another computer. She is curently using Excel XP and she changed some of the data the charts are pulling from and now the charts are all distorted in print preview. The charts are all scrunched up in the upper portion of the page. I view this presentation on my computer and all looks fine in page layout and print preview. I tried setting her default printer to mine, no help. I tried adjusting her video resolutions (they were originally the same as mine) to higher and lower resolutions and get the same results. Any...

Calendar Printing Assistant-won't update
Besides my own Outlook 2007 calendar, I am also the "owner" of a public calendar to which several others have editing privileges. I can add and change appointments to the public calendar, but when I go to print it, my updates are not there even though they are visible on my Outlook screen. What can I do to get CPA to print the updated appointments? My understanding is that CPA does not handle merged calendars very well. You may want to consider using a Outlook Calendar printing app called Wincalendar instead. It allows you to render your Outlook calendar in various...

Printing appointment notes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop How can I get appointment notes to print in the weekly view (or daily view for that matter)? For example, Dr. Smith @ 1:00 will have a note to remind me to bring all medications or to fax a form received from a referring doctor. The only thing that prints is the time, appointment title, and location. I want the note to print too! ...

imposiible to print comments, neither titles
Hello everyone I try to print comments but with no sucess whatever I make the options in PrintPreview -> Setup -> Sheet Tab:: Print area: Print titles -> Rows to repeat at the top Print titles -> Columns to repeat at left Print -> Comments keeps in grey and, so, not possible to chose any one it does not matter if I open a new compltete clean workbook and just write in a cell and a comment (to have something to print basically) any idea ??, I do not know how this has happend thanks in advance NOTE :: I have Windfows XP Office Professional Edition 2003 Offi...

summing in a form..
In my form i have Beginning Mileage, Ending Mileage, Total Daily Mileage. As of now I have to enter Beginning Mileage, my Ending Mileage is =Nz([AR],0)+Nz ([LA],0)+Nz([TX],0)+Nz([MS],0)+Nz([OK],0)+Nz([Other])+[Beginning Mileage]. my Total Daily Mileage is =Nz([AR],0)+Nz([LA],0)+Nz([TX],0)+Nz([MS],0)+Nz([OK] ,0)+Nz([Other]). Is there a way that i can make my Beginning Mileage carry over from the previous record (so i wouldnt have to manually enter it)? Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200705/1 Thanks for the reply. T...

Customize Exchange 2003 OWA Custom Forms for Contacts
We have just created a custom form for contacts and would like OWA to show the custom fields in OWA. How do we do this? Thanks ...

PRINT INVISIBLE FORM
Hi All, I have a form A that I sometimes print using the printout command, after passing some parameters and making calculations. I want to print the same form A from another form while making form A invisible. How should I do this? -- Glint You should create a report from form a and print that instead of the form. That way you don't have to hide anything. Reports are meant to be for printing. Forms are meant for data-entry and showing data... -- Maurice Ausum "Glint" wrote: > Hi All, > I have a form A that I sometimes print using the printout command, after >...

How do I print one page only in a Publisher catalog merge?
I'm doing a catalog merge in Publisher for the first time and want to print only the one sheet with the address on each. Does anyone know how to print one sheet only in a catalog merge? I'm desperate for help! In step 3(step 5 in 2003), create a new publication, select the page, print current page. Not sure this is the answer you are looking for. You don't need to save the new publication, but it is a way to print one page. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "woodlandsec" <woodlandsec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48...

Add Record from form into two tables
I have a form (frm_Invoice) that records phone serial # from customers. I want to create a new record in both the tbl_Inventory and tbl_Inventory_Detail when someone scans in a DEC_SN into the frm_Invoice. The issue I am running across is that the tbl_Inventory_Details has a child relationship to the tbl_Inventory. I chose this set up because most of the inventory is manually entered from shipments received from a warehouse. I created a form and sub form for the inventory tying the SN_ID from each table on a one to many relationship. I do not know how to update both tables at ...

Printing in Win NT vs Win 2000
When printing a document in NT, it is coming out differently than from 2000. It doesn't matter what printer you print to. I've tried 4 different printers so far. The option in Excel is fit to 1x1 page. Any ideas? Thank you. Kathy I'm afraid it is difficult to get prints the same from different printers and operating systems as the drivers will be different all round. Excel uses setting from the drivers. You could try and ensure that all same printers have all same version of drivers for each operating system. (Normally manufacturers release them all together for Winx) ...

Printing Personal Address Book
Does anyone know how you can print out a copy of the email addresses in the personal address book? We can view it, but no option available to print. We can't even get an option to copy info and paste to word, notepad, etc. Any ideas would be appreciated. What version of Outlook at you using? >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know how you can print out a copy of the email >addresses in the personal address book? We can view it, >but no option available to print. We can't even get an >option to copy info and paste to word, notepad, etc. Any >id...

Offline Folders: Added Sub-folders are not made off-line
I am using XP and use offline folders to keep important data on / up to date on my laptop. I have noticed that if I have a parent folder set to available offline, if I add a sub-folder then this sub-folder and its contents are available offline. However if someone else adds a sub-folder then this sub-folder (and its contents) are not automatically available offline (even though the parent folder is and theoretically all subfolders beneath it). Has anyone else noticed this problem? Is there a fix? As it is I have to periodically look through the folders to see if any new ...

How do I set up a Startup Form with Access 2007 ?
Hi When I open a database, I want a certain form to start. This form is going to be used for a menu. Please let me know. Thanks Mark Create a macro named Autoexec. Have action open your form. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "mthornblad@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi > > When I open a database, I want a certain form to start. This form is > going to be used for a menu. > > Please let me know. > > Thanks > Mark > > On Aug 13, 5:24 pm, kasab <ka...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Alternatively, click the Office button ...

FillSolidRect does not print on ink jet printers!
Hi, I hit a strange point about FillSolidREct and InkJet printers. FillSolidREct does not print on this printers (at least HP 1220C), but FillRect prints ok. Does anybody know why there is this problem ? thanks, Behzad // this is a small sample that shows it: CBrush B1,*B0; B1.CreateSolidBrush(0x0ff8080); B0=pDC->SelectObject(&B1); CPoint O1(8000,-5000); CRect R(O1.x,O1.y,O1.x+4000,O1.y-1000); pDC->FillSolidRect(R,0x0ff8080); // this does not appear on ink jet printer R1+=CSize(4000,-4000); pDC->FillRect(R,&B1); // this appears pD...

printed product is different than on screen
Microsoft Publisher- I have formed a rectangle and set the color to be "0% transparent to 100% transparent" which creates a fade to nothing look. Well, when I print it, it is not transparent at all. It is a completely colored in rectangle. I have put it on CD and taken to Kinko's and the same thing happens. It's not the printer and probably not the program (Word does it too). Any suggestions? Please help if possible. Fact of life when not printing to an inkjet printer. There are various work arounds, but it depends what you have to do. -- The US should free all those ille...

Printing PDF Files in Order
I have a table with links on it to PDF files. I would like to print the files in the order that they appear in the table. When I run the code to print out the files, they seem to come out of the printer in a random order. Below is a snipet of my code. Does anybody have any suggestions? Do Until myRecordset.EOF tempname = myRecordset.Fields(1).Value If tempname <> "" Then tempname2 = Replace(tempname, "#", "") If fso.FileExists(tempname2) Then ADOBEPATH = "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" PDFFILE = tempname...