Print multiple mailing labels in Access 2003 or 2007

From: "Patrick Sewell" <ptsewell@monte.k12.co.us>
Subject: Print multiple mailing labels in Access 2003 or 2007
Date: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 3:45 PM

I have come across the following KB from Microsoft that has helped me to
print a fixed number of copies of the labels that I wish to print.  This
works pretty well.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299024

However, I would like to include a field in my table for the number of
copies I want of each label.  For example, if each record in my table
contains the information for a given label, one field in that record should
contain the number that represents how many of that type of label I want to
print.  Each record may contain a differnt number in this field.  I want all
records to print the appropriate number of times when I print the label
report.

How can I modify the code in the above KB to make this happen?  Let's assume
that the table is named MyTable and the label report is named MyLabels and
the field in MyTable that contains the number of copies is called Quantity.

Any assisntance is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Patrick Sewell
ptsewell@monte.k12.co.us
Network Administrator
Monte Vista School District
Monte Vista, Colorado USA

0
Patrick
11/28/2007 11:07:07 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 16:07:07 -0700, "Patrick Sewell"
<ptsewell@monte.k12.co.us> wrote:

>However, I would like to include a field in my table for the number of
>copies I want of each label.  For example, if each record in my table
>contains the information for a given label, one field in that record should
>contain the number that represents how many of that type of label I want to
>print.  Each record may contain a differnt number in this field.  I want all
>records to print the appropriate number of times when I print the label
>report.

One trick you can use is to include a handy auxiliary table in your database -
I put one in all of mine. You can name the table Num, with one primary key
long integer field N; fill it with values from 0 to 10000 or so (you can use
Fill... Series in Excel and copy the spreadsheet into your table).

Base your label report on a Query including the Num table, with *no* join
line. Instead, put a criterion on N of

< [HowMany]

where HowMany is the field indicating the desired number of labels. This will
generate multiple copies of the record for printing.

You can even put a textbox on the label with a control source of

=N + 1

to show (e.g.) "Label 12 of 25".

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John

Power field
Hi, I am doing a mailing using Outlook 2002, Win XP HE. I have a message that says: ........ (company name)............... I manually put the company name in there (unfortunately). However it appears also in separate places later-on in the email. I would like to have it automatically update later-on in the message based on what I manually input for the 1st instance of it (as above). Is this possible and if so how??? Tx a lot. Sat Sue, Tx for your reply. I cannot actually use it with Word. I do not have a list of contacts for this particular one but have to go through an online directory and...

Receiving email in outlook 2007
Trying to send/receive, send works fine but can not receive any emails. Receiving error 0x800ccc0f the connection to the server was interrepted. the server responded - ERR concurrent connections limit in avast exceeded (pass:20,processes:Rps.exe[20]), there is a collision with another program. I checked all settings and they seem fine. Anyone else getting this message or know what I should do. Thanks for you help. Mark wrote: > Trying to send/receive, send works fine but can not receive any emails. > Receiving error 0x800ccc0f the connection to the server was interr...

Disclaimers and Exchange 2003
Is there a way to add a disclaimer message to the bottom of all outgoing emails. Im using Exchange 2003. I know there are 3rd party tools, but you'd think it would be a feature built into EX2003. My clients use Outlook XP to send/receive emails. I suppose I could make it part of their signatures, but a user could delete or modify this setting. Download the trial version of GFI Mail Essentials which allows one disclaimer while unregistered, and continues to work when the trail period is over. www.gfi.com/me P.S. If they're fed-up with SPAM this product will make them ...

printing copies

Multiple invoices to multiple customers from one order?
I think that this is not possible, but I need to ask since it will be happening on a regular basis: We have a new contract with a customer who has independent contractors. The contractors will come in and purchase a specific large item from us - mother company will pay a specific monetary amount and the contractor is responsible for the rest. So basically, we need to create one order, but have two invoices to two different customers that are linked to the original order. Is there ANY way to do this. Thanks Yes, You can use National Accounts for this. You can setup your main contra...

Mail Merge Outlook 2000
I am trying to create mailing labels. I select "Tools" "Mail Merge" "All Contacts" "Current View" "New Document" "Permanant File" (with appropriate file name) "Mailing Labels" "OK" When the Word page opens I select "Create Mailing Labels" and select the proper type. I then insert the fields that I want (first and last name, home address, city, state, and zip). I click OK. I then "Get Data" using the appropirate Outlook folder. I then "Merge" all records to "New Document&...

Ghosted print and print preview

Access Database Memo field to CString translation
When calling the RecordSet's MoveNext Function to a record set with a long Memo Field the CDBException reports an error "Data Trunc" and throws me out of the loop. How can I avoid this error? Thanks, Paul I found the answer from this earlier reply to the same question. Wasim Sadiq Feb 11 1999, 3:00 am show options Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.mfc From: "Wasim Sadiq" <w...@dstc.edu.au> - Find messages by this author Date: 1999/02/11 Subject: Re: CRecordset and Access Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse...

e-mails with <> originator
On the Queue of my Exchange 5.5 server we have been seeing e-mails that have <> in the originator column. Inspection of these e-mails show them to be spam. How can I stop e- mails with no originator? On the outgoing Queue of my Exchange 5.5 server we have been seeing e-mails that have <> in the originator column. Inspection of these e-mails show them to be spam. How can I stop e-mails with no originator? Is this coming from the server or from inside the organization? "Bob Adams" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:094001c3b850$36471b...

Print Dynamic Range

Report from Access 2003 to 2007 problem

TCP/IP printing

sumproduct .. validating 2 criterias (multiple tabs)
hi guys, i am trying to add additional functionality to my Project Budget Expendature worksheet of which some of you may have seen. anyways, the idea is to have sumproduct calculate all items that have the same GL code & date of which it was purchased (date of purchase) currently i have the following TAB: Spend Calendar ROW C8:N8 = Month #'s (Jan, feb ect) COL B13:B36 = GL Codes (130000,190000 ect) TAB: 001-013 (13 tabs) CELL C6 = Date of Purchase COL C24:C37 = GL Codes of each item within the purchase COL J24:J37 = Total cost of the item which the GL Code is related to can someon...

Adding multiple items to a discount schedule in HQ
I would like to run a discount every Wednesday on most items in my store from 8am to 11am. I know how to create the schedule but can't seem to find a way to add the items to this schedule in HQ without going through each individual item. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hi, I am just looking through old posts. Are you still wondering about how to script this change? -- Jocelyn "Pierre" wrote: > I would like to run a discount every Wednesday on most items in my store from > 8am to 11am. I know how to create the schedule but can't seem to find a way &g...

Printing booklet

How do I stop my Publisher 2003 document from saving as a webpag.
When I save a particular publication ( a newsletter) in Publisher 2003 as a Publisher 2000 document (so I can work on it elsewhere) it opens as a web page instead of a print document. When I convert it back to print, I lose a few inches of print on the left page that just don't print even when I change the margins. The missing print shows on the screen normally, it is only in print preview and on paper that it cuts off. Can I stop this from happening? Can I retrieve the missing print? Please help! You may have to reconstruct this publication. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://off...

Check printing in GP 7.0

Multiple Pivot tables from One selection
I would like 2 or 3 pivot tables to use on pivot table selection. I.e the selection criteria of the 1st pivot table on the menu page determines what the page data of the other pivot table displays on seperate sheets where the other pivot tables are contained. So the selection of one pivot table controls the rest. -- dapo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dapo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29967 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=496616 Check the "Synchronize 2 Piv...

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

OL 2003, All users filtering Public Folder for Junk
Hi We have found that Outlook for some users are filtering Public Folders that are in the favorites. Is there any method of preventing this? Thanks B ...

CRM Multiple Companies
MSCRM should have the ability to host multiple companies in one installation of the product. Some of our clients have multiple companies within their business model that are truly seperate. The next version of CRM needs this functionality to stay competitive with the other CRM products. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-base...

Problems with printing