Postion of database window

When I close Access I noticed that the database window isn't (always) being
remembered the next time I start the mdb? How does that work? What can I do
to let Access remember the last known position?

Thanks,
Lars

0
Lars
12/28/2009 12:33:52 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Usually opening a form in Design View, then moving the database window to
the position you want, refocusing on the form and Saving, works.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Lars Brownies" <Lars@Browniew.com> wrote in message
> When I close Access I noticed that the database window isn't (always)
> being remembered the next time I start the mdb? How does that work? What
> can I do to let Access remember the last known position?
>
> Thanks,
> Lars

0
Arvin
12/28/2009 2:49:54 PM
Excellent. Thanks!
Lars

"Arvin Meyer [MVP]" <arvinm@mvps.invalid> schreef in bericht
> Usually opening a form in Design View, then moving the database window to
> the position you want, refocusing on the form and Saving, works.
> --
> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> http://www.datastrat.com
> http://www.mvps.org/access
> http://www.accessmvp.com
>
> "Lars Brownies" <Lars@Browniew.com> wrote in message
>> When I close Access I noticed that the database window isn't (always)
>> being remembered the next time I start the mdb? How does that work? What
>> can I do to let Access remember the last known position?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Lars

0
Lars

Great Plains Arbitrarily Switches to Outlook Window
Hello-- I am the systems administrator where I work and we have one GP client that has an issue that is stumping me. When she is working in GP and fills in any random field, her computer occasionally jumps to MS Outlook. She cannot duplicate what causes it because it is random, but she is always in GP and it always jumps to Outlook. I see no events in event viewer that would explain this and other than this issue, both GP and Outlook are working fine. We are running GP 8 on Windows Server 2003 with SQL 2000 and now 2005 and the client is running W XP Pro. Any help would be appreciat...

Open Relay DataBase
Is there a way to use the ORDB.ORG Open Relay DataBase in Exchange 2003? "Keith Eaton" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to use the ORDB.ORG Open Relay DataBase in >Exchange 2003? Take a look at the Connection filtering tab of the message delivery object. You can enter 1 (in this release) entry there. Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm & http:http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq.htm I placed relays.ordb.org in the connection filter/block list service organization, is this what ...

How can IIS access the database without having ASPNET account in the database
Hello! I have a CustomerData.aspx with two controls one SqlDataSource and one DataGrid that is listing every Customer in the Northwind traders database. I run the CustomerData from visual studio 2005 using the build in Development Server so I use the File system. This works perfect To make it work from IIS I created a virtual directory that points the the physical path where my web site is located. Now to the strange thing I just tried to run this page http://localhost/Northwind/customerdata.aspx from the brower and it worked without having added any account for ASPNET in Sql...

How to make a new document window be a child of an MDI child window
I registered a document template in InitInstance(). In onFileNew(), I first created an MDI child window, then use OpenDocumentFile(NULL) to create a new empty document (not necessarilly an MDI child). Both works fine. However, when I tried to make this new empty document window a child of the MDI child window, (which was created in the same onFileNew()), I could not. Could anyone please tell me how to do it? I tried a couple of ways, and no luck. Thanks a lot. Andrew ...

Windows DLL Load Hijacking Exploits
<http://www.reuters.com/article/idUS2168761020100825?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a49:g43:r4:c0.067109:b36892454:z0> FYI. Nancy Jackman ...

corrupt database or corrupt database element
having a problem with exchange server 2003 on win server 2003. Veritas backup exec is reporting a corrupt database or corrupt database element when it is trying to backup a particular persons email box. The offending email it mentions is in the INBOX and has a subject of (about 20 box (ascii char)) re: outlook 10 I dont believe that the database is actually corrupt but i do believe that this email is some sort of spam/garbage email that now is lodged in the inbox. Through outlook or the OWA you can not find/see this particular message. Is there a way to get into the individual's email...

works database
I've got old works database files (.wdb) on backup disk that I would like to import/convert into Excel 2000. Newer computer, old works program not loaded on this machine. So, I can't do as Microsoft suggests and open in works and saveas dbase file. Please advise. Thanks in advance! Sometimes you can get lucky and just change the file extension to something the software will recognize. This is dicey, and may or may not work. Step 1 is to try this only on a *backup* copy of the file, so no data is lost in the event of an irrecoverable error. Step 2 is to change the .wdb file e...

Reducing the Database
I hope someone can verify this for me as I read it and cant find the original source again. I had a user with a mailbox size of 1g. I have deleted every item in his mailbox, with the exception of a few emails (no attachment) and expect his mailbox size to be well under 50 mb. I have did not perform an offline defrag on this mail server, but rather moved the user to a new mail server. Should his current mailbox size now reflect 50 mb or will it show 1g as it did on the other server? Thanks Ken Depends :-) What is your Deleted Items Retention policy? If you deleted everything yesterda...

create a database from which bibliography an be created
How do I create a database from which a bibliography can be added to the end of a Word document? I used the program RefManager, but that is too expensive for me to update. Does Word 2003 have such a program? Thanks Not natively. Have you checked your academic institution? They might have campus licenses which students can use at home. You could give Zotero a spin (www.zotero.org). Personally, I don't like it, but that's just me. Word 2007 comes with referencing capabilities, but they are limited in functionality. Anything special you want, you would have to add i...

unable to sign you in to Windows Live ID .. Please HELP
I get the following error when I try to access my email from the Messanger icon (Messanger knowes the number of unread emails). I have been experiencing the problem for several months and have been searching for a solution but have not been able to find one. I am able to login to my Windows Live Email via the web. I have deleted my account and reinstalled it and I have coppied all my email to a backup folder neither of these have worked. Unable to send or receive messages for the Live (Kellyr02) account. Sorry, we were unable to sign you in to Windows Live ID at this time. ...

Database/Log placement
I know that Database 101 required that you place your log files and your databases on different phyiscal disks for the purpose of disaster recovery. Does this still hold true if a SAN (EMC) is in the picture? A client site running 5.5 configured their initial log file drive too small, and they have proposed moving the logs to the database drive which has plenty of free space. They are aware that they will be losing some performance as the log file drive was on its own spindle for the sequential writes. TIA, Dave The idea behind seperating the logs and database files to different physical...

Windows 7 05-01-10
Is there a newsgroup for Windows 7? Thank you JB "Jorge Bravo" <abc@here.com> wrote in message news:OQUIKOX6KHA.4508@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Is there a newsgroup for Windows 7? > > Thank you > > JB Not one affiliated with Microsoft, just forums. Microsoft Answers Windows 7 Forums: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7 -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA There are official Microsoft Forums that you can post to. For example try this link: <http://soci...

Dialog Postion
Hi All, I am displaying a dialog box from a win32 console appilication. For that I am using the DialogBox() function. But by default this dialog box is displayed in the screen postion 0,0. How do I make it in the centre of the screen. any static setting method is also fine for me. I am displaying this dialog when the user click the system tray icon added by my application.For this system tray icon, I created a hidden window as there is no HWND in my console application. Thanks in advance Suja. Position it in OnInitDialog. joe On 31 Aug 2004 08:01:39 -0700, sujamoljames@yahoo.com (suja)...

Business Portal for All Databases Combined
Hello: A GP 9.0/BP 3.0 client that has three companies with Inventory, and they are wondering if it is possible to have all three companies combined into one "database" for viewing all at once in Business Portal. Without some sort database combining on the back-end, my thinking is that this is not possible in Business Portal--is it? childofthe1980s If they use Analysis Cubes and add web parts that use the cubes, then they could view multiple companies' data. -- Charles Allen, MVP "childofthe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > A GP 9.0/BP 3.0 client that ...

update status in main frame window
Hi Expert, I'm using SDI application In Mainfrm.cpp, i have static UINT indicators[] = { ID_SEPARATOR, // status line indicator ID_INDICATOR_TEST, }; I added a child dialog with one test button on it. The child dialog is triggered via menu in main frame windows. the class of child dialog is CDialog base. class CChildDlg : public CDialog { public: CChildDlg(); ... } void CMainApp::OnEditDialog() { CChildDlg childDlg; childDlg.DoModal(); } void CChildDlg::OnBtnTest() { // how can I update the status bar in main frame windows ? // the following code will t...

Changing database collation for existing databases
Hi, We are upgrading from SQL2000 to SQL2008R2. We are taking the opportunity to update the collation on our databases. Sorry to bring this up again but there are a lot of partial answers online and a lot of conflicting information. Our situation is that we have a database with NO COLLATE clauses, i.e. all columns use the database default (temp tables excepted). The only Microsoft knowledge base article on this seems to be from 7.0 and 2000. I wonder if the same comments still apply. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325335 So which is the best method (i.e. the simplest/fastest...

Windows Update for XP Pro 64bit
I can't get updates from Microsoft for my 64bit XP. Even though I am logged on to the computer as administrator, the site says I have to be logged on as administrator. I have checked user accounts on the machine, and tried right-clicking on Microsoft Update, run as administrator. It still won't update! Anyone have an idea on how to fix this? -- jmsvbit Do you have SP3 installed . Maybe because of that reason -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "jmsvbit"...

Database Size #3
Hi. I've tried posting this question a few times in the last couple of weeks but so far I haven't been able to get a clear or straight-forward answer so I thought I'd give it one more shot before I pay for an incident....here it is... What is the best way to decrease the database size without getting rid of your sales history? My reseller suggested I remove the old journals (gif files) but I'm not sure how to do this. Please help!! ...

microsoft office excel - compatibility checker
When I try to close one of my spreadsheets of type .xlsm, I get a pop- up window entitled, "microsoft Office Excel - Compatibility Checker". This window further explains "the following features in theis workook are not supported by eaelier versions of Excel. These features may be lost or degraded when you sve this workbook in an earlier file format. Click Continue to save teh workbook anyway. To keep all of your featuress, clieck Cancale, and then save teh file in one of the new file formats". However, I'm trying to save it as a new file format: .xlsm. The window f...

Problems Sending Email in Windows Mail (Vista)
I was able to send and receive email from my Yahoo account. I'm using POP3 and the servers I am using are Inocming (plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com) and Outgoing (plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com). The servers ports are Outgoing (465) and Incoming (995) and both require secure connectgions SSL. What is the problem. I am receiving the following error message. The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the &quo...

Windows user name from GAL entry
How do I easily retrieve the Windows user names for a list of Outlook email recipients? I am not an administrator; the names are required to set up permissions in another ERP application. Ours is an Exchange server environment with Active Directory. -- Sriram ...

Database model locks up
I have Visio 2003. When I try to load a new Database Model Diagram, Visio locks up every time. I'm running XP Professional x64. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks for any information. ------=_NextPart_0001_202DB7D5 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Apparently this can occur with Visio 2003 on 64-bit Windows systems, and is related to the way that Visio reads the Printer supported paper sizes. I understood that there was a fix on the Vista side that should avoid it - so you might want to check that you are running Vista SP1 with the latest update...

Have Windows ME, need Excel
Is there an inexpensive method of getting Excel?? Our Compaq came with ME which does not, of course have Excel and I NEED it!! Thank you. <yanthabht@aol.com> wrote in message news:044f01c38d12$15c29fb0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there an inexpensive method of getting Excel?? Piracy, blackmailing, kidnapping, armed robbery, theft, undressing at the wrong occations or secondhand markets like www.ebay.com. You will of course not use other cheaper excel-compatible spreadsheet programs, so go for blackmaining or secondhand ;-) Best wishes Harald Followup to newsgroups only please. S...

The datatypes in the Great Plains database are in correct.
The datatypes for items such as customer number, inventory item number is in correct and should be set to numeric, integer, biginteger, ect., from an accounting stand point. I find it difficult to say the least to change the datatypes as I have tried using the Modifier tool and Dexterity. Our MS GP Partner does not have a clue that the way our accounting system is setup is in correct and conducive to our business. I would even go so far as to say that you folks at Microsoft, if in fact you are promoting Great Plains out of the box with the data table set to strings is completely wrong a...

database help
I have 2 worksheets. One worksheet has a databse of: manufacturers - product code - description - price. The other worksheet is a cost sheet with multiple rows for the input of product descriptions, model numbers and prices. eg. Item - Description - Qty - Product Code - Manufacturer - Price Is there a way I could type model numbers in a cell and have the description, manufacturer and price for that code automatically insert into a cell on the same row? Please note I know very little about macros or MS Access. I would appreciate any help forthcoming. Regards, Jonny Hi Jonny this ca...