Populate Outlook Contacts

Can I automatically populate my Outlook Contact file with info from an
Access form?  I enter my customer's info in my Access form first and
then I have to re-enter in Outlook contacts.  Any way to get rid of
this redundancy?

0
sowen12
5/14/2007 3:33:34 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

<sowen12@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Can I automatically populate my Outlook Contact file with info from an
> Access form?  I enter my customer's info in my Access form first and
> then I have to re-enter in Outlook contacts.  Any way to get rid of
> this redundancy?

Here's all the code you need for all the Outlook forms:

http://www.datastrat.com/Download/OutlookForms2K.zip
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

0
Arvin

Outlook AutoArchiving
The options under auto archiving in Outlook 2003 are greyed out even though the archiving is occurring. How can I change these options? On 2 Oct 2006 08:24:30 -0700, "chad" <slidellinternational@gmail.com> wrote: >The options under auto archiving in Outlook 2003 are greyed out even >though the archiving is occurring. How can I change these options? Not sure, that's a client thing. Any group policies in place to prevent you tampering with the settings? Not that I'm aware of. I'll check the server. Mark Arnold [MVP] wrote: > On 2 Oct 2006 08:24:30 -0700...

Populating Excel from CSV
Hello all, I need to know how to populate an Excel template with data from a external CSV file. Let's say I have this nice pretty colourful templat that is far more pleasing to the eye than the usual chunk of importe CSV data, what are some methods to populate it with data from a CS file?? Any ideas or suggestions or redirections would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance : -- AJMorgan59 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AJMorgan591's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2777 View this thread: http://www.ex...

Internet connectivity for Outlook 2007
When I turn on my Outlook program I get a notice that "Connection to the server cannot be established, http://services/msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp is now in offline mode." What can I do to correct this? Thanks for any help. Remove the Email Account that points to this hyperlink. "Forrest" <Forrest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:738918C7-A78F-40AE-ADB5-203181E6E009@microsoft.com... > When I turn on my Outlook program I get a notice that "Connection to the > server cannot be established, > http://services/msn.com/svcs/hotma...

Previewer for outlook
I only installed office yesterday and am having trouble viewing attachments. i can view pps docos but when trying to open WMV files it says i need a previewer so i click the lkink to get one but there arnt any available. how do i view my attachments? Someone please help -- Thanks Kel It is an OS question that you can ask of a Windows Group - you can also = look at media players such as WinAmp, Windows Media Player, Quicktime, = etc. =20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will ...

access to outlook 2003
Is it possible to have an after update function (in access) open up the user's calendar in Outlook and create an appt for a specific day and time from info that is stored in the record in access? would like to be able to use the reminder feature of outlook to remind the user of something he has to do in the future etc. tks Steve No offense but hasn't got Outlook a great feature for that called 'Reminder'? -- Maurice Ausum "fishqqq@hotmail.com" wrote: > Is it possible to have an after update function (in access) open up > the user's ca...

Outlook signature doesn't migrate to new Outlook version
Gurus, I'm using roaming profiles in my environment. I am migrating from Office 2000 to Office 2003. I noticed with a test account and with the initial pilot user accounts that the Outlook signature doesn't carry over into Outlook 2003 even though I was setup for the users and the test account in Outlook 2000. What gives? -- Spin How did you try to migrate the signatures? They are not a part of the = Outlook .pst file but a separate file under their App Data folder. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All uns...

MS Outlook #7
I keep getting the following warning from MS Outlook, A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? I subscribe to Norton. I have the latest virsus definitions and updates. I don't know what to do next to try to understand why this warning keeps coming up. I recently installed Office Service Pack 3. Assuming you mean SP3 for Office XP/Outlook 2002, take a peek at some of the known issues that could be causing this prompt. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems "Brian" <anonymous@discussions.m...

Outlook ,blocks
When I receive mail in Outlook or Outlook Express, the program blocks almost every time, certainly after I removed some emails ? Define "blocks". The 'block' we're most familiar with is blocked attachments, but it doesn't sound like you are talking about that, but if you are... See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm to learn how to get the attachments off. One popular method is Attachment Options from www.slovaktech.com. For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm. If you use OE, hit Forward o...

Sequence Not populated for the MO Numbers during Data Collection
When data collection is done for the MO Numbers by using the Data Collection Window under Manufaturing, the Sequnce look up does not show the whole list, it only shows NOTES, for the user to select and enter the necessary data. why does this happen in the case of some MO Numbers and in the others it shows all the sequnces as NOTES,MAKE READY, PRESS RUN, WASH UP, MAINTENANCE, REPAIRS, REWIND/INSPECTION, etc. Any information would be much appreciated -- Thanks AshaM It should show all of the router steps. Are some of your steps possibly marked to backflush labor? These steps would not...

how do populate empty cells with the contents of populated cells .
I have this worksheet problem. The work sheet is thousands of rows long. One of my columns has cells not populated. I would like to get any empty cell in this column to populate itself with the contents of the next populated cell below it? Kind of a "find and replace" action where by an empty cell says to it self;"I'm going fill myself in with the next thing I find below me" I would greatly appreciate if someone can relate how to do this. Thanks Jim, Select the column, use Edit | Go To... Special , Blanks, OK. Then type an equal sign, press the down arrow...

How do I set up my basic view in Outlook simply for mail
I do not have an audio card, how do i access training. I want to set up my outlook so i view my mail seperatly from folders and calander. Confused Rookie! <Confused Rookie!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I do not have an audio card, how do i access training. I want to set > up my outlook so i view my mail seperatly from folders and calander. You can't without using something other than Outlook. All incoming mail MUST be placed at least in the folder Inbox and Inbox will ALWAYS reside in the same data store where the Calendar (and Contacts and Tasks and Outbox and.....

PEWA + exchange 2003 + outlook 2003
Hi- Trying to get this PEWA (passoword expiration warning application) to work within my environment. I have installed it on the exchange server and copied the pewa.rtf locally and ran the utility from command line with no errors. Here is my command from DOS: C:\pewa pewa -d \\domain controller -f c:\pewa -u ITmanager -z 7 It appears to run and display the amount of accounts and then the amount of accounts who's pw will expire within 7 days, however no email is sent to any of those users. Users are running xp pro sp2 with outlook 2003 sp2 dc's are 2003 sp1 and exchange is 2003 sp2 ...

Outlook
I imported my contacts from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. I can no longer do a mail merge from outlook 2003. One message I get is "... schdmapi.dll could not be loaded". What am I doing wrong? Happy Holidays! Al Make sure Outlook is set as your default mail program. Rename schdmapi.dll and run Detect and Repair... Take a look at this MS KB article, it may help: http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q290/7/21.asp -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Al G." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:041901c3c6ae$adfd1780$a401280a@phx.gbl....

Distribution List Not Visible in Contacts #2
I have Exchange 2003 and outlook 2003 installed in clients , i created a new universal distribution lists, but its not visible in contacts in any of the clients machine, mail can still be sent to the list but it dosenot appear on the contacts.I tried rebuilding the RUS , i created it 2 days ago.... ...

Outlook SMSAdd-in
Hello, I installed Outlook SMS-Add-in 2.0 (mosa_usEN.exe) to send SMS messages via Outlook 2007. After filling the form, when I try to send the message, I get "A required property is missing from the SMS form. Please reinstall Microfot Office Outlook SMS Add-in" error appears on the screen. I reinstall the add-in several times but the error remains. Any idea about this error? If this add-on is not reliable, is there any other similir product to use for the same purposes? Thanks in advance. Atilla Gultekin. did you sign in with your passport? is your phone network supported? ...

Autoplay for Pictures Not Populated
I inserted my XD card in to my card reader today and the autoplay pop up window asking what I wanted Windows to do was blank. For Video, Music and Mixed content the options are there but not for Pictures - it is just blank. I have tried running autofix.exe but this has not fixed it. Any ideas? Is this a Microsoft problem or has something else caused this? It worked fine until today. Thanks. Peachypumpkin wrote: > I inserted my XD card in to my card reader today and the autoplay > pop up window asking what I wanted Windows to do was blank. For > Video, Music and Mi...

Outlook auto-forward Problem
Hi, I work in a small enterprise and I receive a copy of every mail tha any employe receive. But 2 months ago, it started to send me 2 copy an now 3 copy of every mail! What can I do? thx ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

moving contacts from excel or pdf to outlook
Is there any way to save contacts from a excell spreadsheet to Outlook or from a Pdf file or move contacts from outlook to excell to send them. You can import from Excel to Outlook, either using an xls or CSV file. A PDF will need to be converted to a format outlook can import. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTE...

City and State Populated by Zip Code
Does anyone know of a way to load a program that when you type in the Zip Code the City and State are automatically populated? I have seen a MSCRM add-in from a company called QAS (http://www.qas.com/). This is more than just Zip Code/City&State. It's a full address validator along with streamlined data entry. They have integrated with CRM via an ISV pop-up and it seems to work fairly smoothly. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 15 Apr 2005 11:13:56 -0700, "Morgan" <tzeoli@att.net> wr...

Moving Palm Desktop data to outlook
I have a new HP Ipaq which only runs Outlook for calendar and contact information. All of my calendar and contacts are in Palm Desktop software. I can move through export files, the contact information, but I cannot find a way to export from Palm and import to outlook, the calendar information. Does anyone have a solution, software utility or other method to move all of the calendar information from Palm desktop to Outlook Thanks JEV jverzella@comcast.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a new HP Ipaq which only runs Outlook for calendar > and contact ...

Outlook freezes
One of our IT people is upgrading all our pc's from 2003 to Office 2007. Dell Computer with Windows XP SP 2. There is a problem on one pc with Qutlook freezing. I searched the posts here and he read through the following links to no avail (http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/2007_profile.htm) and (http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/safemode.htm). All other apps are OK. His reply to any error message -- Nope, just freezes on launch. Even with the /safe switch and even after "Detect and Repair". Tried uninstalling 2007 and 2003 and reinstalling 2007, noth...

outlook.pst file repair tool?
how to repair outlook.pst file which may be corrupted Monis Beraha <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how to repair outlook.pst file which may be corrupted Search your HD for scanpst.exe -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook sending unknown hidden messages
Hello all, My Outlook is sending hidden messages (as indicated by the status bar) when I don't have any, or sometimes one message, in my Outbox. They shouldn't be read receipts from legitimate Email, because I usually haven't opened any mail that contains receipt requests (I get VERY little mail from unknown sources, so I would know). I first noticed this when sending one piece of mail, and the status bar said sending 1 of 2 messages. Sometimes when I send one message it will start with "Sending message 2 of 3," then go to 3 of 3, and only then do the one message I ...

Populating a field
I want to populate a description field based on a par number that is entered in the field before it. In other owrds, you enter a part number and presto, in the next field, the description is entered for you. Can you help?? Thanx Tom On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 08:48:01 -0800, Tom <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to populate a description field based on a par number that is entered >in the field before it. In other owrds, you enter a part number and presto, >in the next field, the description is entered for you. > >Can you help?? > >Thanx >Tom If yo...

accessing outlook data using excel macro
Hey all, I'm very new with all of this, however, my problem is this: I have a bunch of data in excel which I then want to compare to certain "task" fields in outlook (ie. the "Due Date" column in Tasks for example), then update those outlook fields with new data. I was able to do it in an Outlook macro, but not in the Excel macro. I get a "User defined type not defined" error when trying to define a namespace variable as "Outlook.Namespace" Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...