photo printer/notebook interface problems

I have an HP Pavilion dv9410 notebook, an HP Deskjet 2345 printer, and a
Kodak Z612 digital camera and G600 printer combo.
I aquired the printer and camera combo about a month after the notebook and
had problems from the start at first neither the Deskjet nor the photo
printer would work and after several attempts to set up the deskjet I had to
get help from HP since the drivers that came with the printer would not
work. They sent me a new set and have had no problems since. Unfortunately
my luck is not as good with the G600 photo printer. I have made several
attempts using the driver disc that came with the camera and printer, I have
tried downloading the drivers direct from Kodak but the only way I can print
photos is with the camera docked to the printer before I download the images
to the computer which limits both my ability to edit my pictures as well as
printing additional copies later on.

Someone mentioned that since the computer is set up with Windows Vista the
standard out of the box drivers are not the right ones.

If someone could verify this and if so tell me how I can get the right disc
or download I would be very grateful.

0
chip
11/5/2007 4:01:08 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

What I can tell you is the "access" in microsoft.public.access is for the
Microsoft Access database software, which is the subject of this newsgroup.
I know HP has tech support contacts... when I've used them, I Googled and
found them without too much problem. Those would be the best place to
start... the Microsoft-sponsored newsgroups, such as this one, are only in
support of Microsoft's products.

 Larry Linson
 Microsoft Access MVP

"chip" <thewizard1369@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have an HP Pavilion dv9410 notebook, an HP Deskjet 2345 printer, and a
>Kodak Z612 digital camera and G600 printer combo.
> I aquired the printer and camera combo about a month after the notebook
> and had problems from the start at first neither the Deskjet nor the photo
> printer would work and after several attempts to set up the deskjet I had
> to get help from HP since the drivers that came with the printer would not
> work. They sent me a new set and have had no problems since. Unfortunately
> my luck is not as good with the G600 photo printer. I have made several
> attempts using the driver disc that came with the camera and printer, I
> have tried downloading the drivers direct from Kodak but the only way I
> can print photos is with the camera docked to the printer before I
> download the images to the computer which limits both my ability to edit
> my pictures as well as printing additional copies later on.
>
> Someone mentioned that since the computer is set up with Windows Vista the
> standard out of the box drivers are not the right ones.
>
> If someone could verify this and if so tell me how I can get the right
> disc or download I would be very grateful.

0
Larry

SP2 and EAS problem
Hello all After isntalling sp2 for exchange my EAS vs does not work anymore. I am running FBA without a front end server, i am also using SSL for OWA, and EAS. I now see erros in my application log. This all worked fine with SP1 for exchange, and i do have a /ExchDAV because i am running FBA and SSL without a front end. The mailbox server [thebeast.insuranceskillscenter.com] does not allow "Negotiate" authentication to its [/ExchDAV] virtual directory. Exchange ActiveSync can only access the server using this authentication scheme. For information about how to configure Exc...

photo
hi, i want to display a detail text over my picture in publisher when the mouse is roll over it. can anyone help me? -- MCP JOJO There is no built-in way of doing this. You can, and should add the ALT tag to each picture, but that will not show with a mouseover. It is there for text readers. You can get the tool tips to work using javascript. Google "javascript tooltips" and try some of that code. Use the insert html code fragment feature. If you have more questions about Publisher webs, then post in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.c...

Assign a task using Outllook interface with CRM 3.0
It seem to be impossible to assing a task to another user when you create and manage task within outlook. If I am in outlook and I click ont the task button of the CRM toolbar I can add a regarding (the name of the account for which I have to do the task) and put a subject and a due date But... It is impossible to and a time which is very annoying because the time is used by CRM task It is impossible to use the assing the task to another user with the outlook button "assign task". I receive the message Assigned tasks are not supported in Microsoft CRM. The item will not be link...

EXcel Chart Size Probelm with Printer
I create via VBA a number of charts on an Excel sheet. I want to size each of these to suit a single page of the printer. THe problem I have is I cannot figure out the relationship between the Excel shape width and the printer's printable width. I have via a series of API got the printer's printable area and converted to twips and points and as I understand Excel uses points as its chart width and height. I have setup a page in Excel manually with no margins and created a chart and manually sized it to fit the page perfectly (and yes the page setup is 100% scaling and zero...

Entourage 2004 Printing Forms problem
Only one form works, the first in the list, "Day Runner Classic (5.5 . . .)" for printing Entourage 2004 Tasks or Notes. Even the "Default 8 1/2 x 11" fails to work. The error dialog number is -30876. I'm working with OS 10.3.4 and an Epson Stylus C84 printer, with which I have no other problems. Is this a known bug? If not, which preference has to be trashed, please? It sounds like you might have a corrupt printing form. Delete this folder: /Users/<Your User>/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Printing Forms/ It will be recreated next time you print somethin...

Send different reports to different printers
how do i make my report in Access go to a selected printer "Lloyd" <Lloyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25282CAC-A180-42DB-9000-93A4A42238D9@microsoft.com... > how do i make my report in Access go to a selected printer Open the report in Print Preview. Then open the Print dialog (Print button on ribbon in A2007, or Print on the File menu in previous versions.) You can now choose the printer to send it to. If you always want it to go to a specific printer rather than the Windows Default, open the report in design view, open the Print dialog...

How to communicate with user, from printer driver
Hi ! I wrote a little driver (based on Bitmap example from WDK) that captures printing and sends images thru NamedPipes to user application - this works. Now, I want to be able to give a possibility to select to which application data will be sent. example: user prints document, my driver checks for running user applications (using named pipes etc.) then, it shows a message to the user - combobox and user can choose app., the printing/sending follows. I have a problem with communicating with user, how to display a dialog to user from printing driver ? where to look for s...

Strange(?) OWA login problems
Sorry for this rather long message - but I feel lost. I have for a long time had the problem that some of my users can not use OWA to log on to the Exchange server. First one user could not logon, then the next until 4 had permanent problems. The logs showed virtually nothing. (The tests below are made on the internal network to make sure there are no routing or firewall issues. I have Win2k (SP4), Ex2k (SP?), IIS5. The server is the domain controller. IIS has 5 domains (none is the 2000 domain). The test were run from an XP Pro with user A logged in to the domain) Today I decided to take a...

How can I email my photos including captions from Windows photo
How can I email my photos including captions from Windows pictures files? When I try to send them the photos arrive but without tags or captions. Open your photos in Paint or a similar program, use the text tool. Save. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bruce1950" <Bruce1950@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80567ADA-54A0-40CF-B22C-B0AA944AAB7D@microsoft.com... > How can I email my photos including captions from Windows pictures files? > > When I try to send them the photos arrive but without tags or captions. ...

photos

photo in frame
when I have created an ovale frame, can I insert a photo in this frame so it just fits into the ovale and not get out of the frame? -- coku What version Publisher? Draw an oval with the autoshapes, select the oval, fill, fill effects, picture tab. In Publisher 2000, insert, picture, new drawing, it will be the same as above. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "coku" <coku@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0052F18-EA89-4313-B489-E2BFAF62BC3A@microsoft.com... > when I have created a...

Forms Printer Add on
Does anyone know of an ISV package that would allow printing the sales order to 2 printers simulataneously? I have looked at the Accountable's Forms Printer program and that allows printing and emailing at the same time. That is a possiblility but I just want to check. Thanks Joanne M SDN Consulting Hi Joanne, Please feel free to take a look at Messenger by Liaison Software. With Messenger you can print to an unlimited number of printers simultaneously plus much more. Tom Nielsen 800.811.4618 x201 www.liaisonsc.com "Joanne" wrote: > Does anyone know of an ISV packag...

Javascript Errors on CRM Web Interface
Hello all, I have recently installed and started using Microsoft CRM. The installation went very smoothly and I’ve been spending some time learning to use CRM. I prefer the web interface over the Outlook interface however the web interface is throwing several JavaScript errors. When I first login to the web interface I’m brought to “My Home Page”. From there if I click on any tab at the bottom of the screen (i.e.: Workplace, Sales, Server, Reports) and then attempt to click back on the “Home” tab I get a JavaScript error on line 68 stating “Permission Denied”. This error rando...

Exchange 5.5 problem with NDR
Hello, I've got a problem with my Exchange 5.5 Server. I've applied the hotfix n� 837794 with allow to control the generation of the NDR. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;837794 I put in the registry, the DWORD value SuppressNDROptions = 1. No more NDR !!! But it's not the behavior I've expected. In fact, all I wanted was to block and delete the messages in the sending queue with "<>" as originator and "host unreachable" status when trying to send notification... Any idea ? Thanks Franck. Filtering for Blank Senders i...

Receiving mail problem with" Enter Network Password" problem.
I got one lonely little reply to my earlier post on this topic, offering a link to a Microsoft reference that was "not available." I can't receive mail in Outlook 2003 on XP due to refusal of my (correct) Password by my mail server - and a dialog box headed "Enter Network Password" keeps on appearing over and over again, as long as Outlook (or Outlook Express) remains open. The Network Password box that appears already has a correct User Name and Password filled in! I have closed and reopened my Outlook 2003 mail account, run Detect and Repair, uninstalled and r...

Photo magic
Hi, I am now using Vista, however the program I use to manage my photos [ photo magic] won't email my photos. I can select the photos, resize etc., and when I click to send I get a message saying the user has cancelled the email, can anybody help please. -- Doug ...

File->Open problem
Hi all, I've overridden Serialize() in order to save & load the models that my App creates. If I fire the App up and select File->Open then it throws a file dialog and opens the selected file. If I then create new model using my overridden OnFileNew() then it does as it should. But, if I go to File->Open then it throws a file dialog, lets me select a file and then does nothing. I clearly need to do something else, but am not sure what. Any ideas? Paul. Define "does nothing". For example, did you put a breakpoint in your Serialize() methods and see if they are ca...

printer logo
is there any way to make the logo on the receipt better I have an epson t88iii and it prints my logo but in very poor quality? If you are referring to poor resolution I had a similar problem and dropped it in the too hard basket. However, 1 point I noticed when I tried to resize the image was (I think) the logo in RMS will resize any image to fit a standard range. You may be able to get a better resolution by increasing the size of the image in a program as simple as paint. "Victor" wrote: > is there any way to make the logo on the receipt better I have an epson > t8...

queue and AOL problem
I'm running Exchange Server 5.5 over Windows NT 4.0. Starting 3 days ago, any mail attempting to go to AOL is stuck in the queue.My oldest mail is just starting to return undelivered messages. The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=RZO;l=RZO-BDC-050215200801Z-1061 MSEXCH:IMS:XXX:XXX:XXX-BDC 3421 (000B09AA) 421 SERVICE NOT AVAILABLE In spite of the message, the email address name was correct. Here's what I know: My reverse DNS look-up is working I'm not black listed at AOl (or anywhere that I can find.) All service pa...

File search Dir() problem with large directories
Please somebody help me with my code. I am read almost every post regarding the changes to filesearch in 2007 and transfered my program over the to utilise the Dir() function . However when search large directories (files over around 100,000) the code falls over - losing network connection and stating invalid function. Could somebody advise if my code is at fault? Function findfilespath(pathname As String, tmpfilenametype As String, tmpdelete As String, tmpsource As String) Dim dbsanother As Object, rstfiles As Recordset Set dbsanother = CurrentDb Set rstfiles = dbsanother.OpenRec...

SP2 Problems
I have three backend active/passive cluster servers that have ran just fine for over a year. I installed Exchange SP2 a week ago and have had two outages since. Both outages seem to have something to do with device drivers. Does Exchange SP2 make some changes that would trigger problems with old device drivers such as NIC and iSCSI drivers or is it just a coincidence? That's OS-related - Exchange itself doesn't do anything to device drivers, nor does SP2. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- &q...

Word & Excel Problems in Leopard
Here are some of my problems: 1. Blank sheet shows in Print Preview and in Print for new and old documents. 2. New Worksheet or Workbook is weird and unusable in any view. Page Setup does not work - keep getting "margins do not fit page size. If anyone can help with a solution I would be most grateful Joe Hi Joe - The first thing I'd suspect is that you haven't updated your printer driver even though you've converted to a totally new version of OS X. Check the mfr's web site for a new driver & run Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions after installing it. Also, m...

Problem with date
Hi, I just converted my adp project from Access 2000 to Access 2003. In the 2000 version the date written on the SQL server are OK (mm/dd/yyyy). I use the Access 2000 in French and the SQL server is version 7 in English, and the date is ok on the SQL server. After the conversion the date on the SQL server is dd/mm/yyyy. I used Access 2003 in French and the same sql server that I used with the 2000 version. The regional paramater are the same, English (USA), but my workstation is a Windows French 2000 . The command that insert the data in the sql server is an INSERT INTO with a variable, ...

Linking problem
Hi, when i try to compile my project i get the following error: LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "dsprop.lib" Where is this file? What should i do? Regards Emmanuel Emmanuel, > LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "dsprop.lib" > > Where is this file? What should i do? You need to update your platform sdk. http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/setuplauncher.asp -- Regards, Kobi Ben Tzvi "Emmanuel" <e951753@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:090101c37874$9fcc1f40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > > Hi, >...

Excel Problems #4
My Excel is beggining to act strangly. When I click on a cell to hightlight several cells it jumps around and will not highlight.I go to delete a row and it will delete two or three rows at a time. I also tried to open a new workbook and it would not open one. Can someone tell me how to correct this problem? I thank you in advance. Hi maybe re-install a new mouse driver? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Mary Sapp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1d7c01c4a0fa$74dec080$a601280a@phx.gbl... > My Excel is beggining to act strang...