Parameters on a Graph not showing up in text box

I have a report with a crosstab query on a graph with parameters.  I need the
parameters (which is division and department) to show up on the graph.  I
added a text box in and built an expression.

=" " & [Department] & " / " & [Division]

The Department and Divsion will not pass through onto the graph report.  I
get =name? error.  Any suggestions?
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

How can I show or hide an image using an access table field?
I am trying to put a picture on a report and then use the boolean result value of a field in an Access database to either show or hide it. What have you tried so far? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "evansc" <evansc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C160E7CD-D727-4830-B69B-6FD3DB8FE032@microsoft.com... >I am trying to put a picture on a report and then use the boolean result > value of a field in an Access database to either show or hide it. > Tried puting a text control on the form and putting the picture in that box, but do n...

Crm 4 event log warnings. CRM Parameter Filter
Hi all, I am looking for a solution on the following issue. Any suggestions will be very welcomed! Thank you in advance. Background: We just upgraded MS Crm 3 to Crm 4 Question: Every time when a user tries to save an update of a record. A warning will be logged into Event Viewer --> Application. It happens to all entities. For example: 1. I am doing some updates on the contact form http://localhost:5555/CAMELOT-DEV/sfa/conts/edit.aspx?id={488FF696-4F8C-DE11-AC94-00505698306E}# 2. Click save 3. I will find a warning message in Event Viewer --> Application Exception information: ...

Selecting Text Between Commas in Excel
Hello everybody, I have data in an excel cell setup as follows: unimportantData, dataToBeExtracted, unimportantData2, unimportantData3 I would like to extract the information "dataToBeExtracted", and had considered using the MID function. However, the string length of dataToBeExtracted is different for each row. Is there a way to get Excel to read all data after the first comma, but before the second (without a bunch of IF((MID,#,#)=",")'s that is (unless that's the best way!))? Thanks in advance for your help. Have a great day! Brian You can use that or da...

How do I plot both line and column data on same graph?
I have 5 series of data that need to be plotted. The x-axis is the same for all, however I need the first series in column form and the remaining 4 in line form. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks!! Jackie, Click once on the column that you want to be a line Right-click on your mouse Select Chart-type from the menu In the Chart-type dialog box -> Standard Types tab - select line Hit the OK button -- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Jackie" wrote: > I have 5 series of data that need to be plotted. The x-axis is the same for > all, however ...

Items have been received but inventory detail still shows "on orde
I know that there has been a post on this in the past, but I can't dredge it up. I have a dozen or so items that have no associated purchase order, yet their inventory status shows up as "on order". How can I correct this? Thanks! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0666_01C7AECF.F95837C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MMS, Try this; http://tinyurl.com/hftcu Must have access to CustomerSource --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=...

Digital Dashboard Graph in excel?
Are there any way I can make graph in excel that resembled digital dashboard to show performance data. Hi, I guess it depends what you mean by digital dashboard. Here are some links to dashboard style charts http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/SpeedometerXP.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/gauge.htm http://www.exceluser.com/dash/index.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Apidej" <Apidej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D131F8F-E02C-4080-936E-FA806757A10C@microsoft.com... > Are there any way I can make gra...

Country, Phone and email showing inthe Bill to or Ship To fields
When we set a customer in Store Operations POS we need to verify some extra information in the Bill to and Ship to windows for shipping purposes. Is there a way to display the Country, Phone number and the email address in these windows? At the very least we need to be able to see the country. Had a similar issue a few months ago where I needed to see customer email, phone, available balance, and account number - but the white boxes "bill to" and "ship to" aren't editable, so I got assistance on this newsgroup (think it was Jerry Data - thanks Jerry) on editing...

Count if between date parameters
I need create a formula that show how many patients were available to be seen on each day of the month. I would like to make the cut-off for changes of dates as 3pm, meaning that one day is from 3pm - 3pm the next day. e.g. - 12/30/09 available patients would be all those there from 3:01pm on 12/29/09 to 3:00pm on 12/30/09. If they're available for the full day count them only. Using this logic with the data below on 12/30/09 only 2 patients were available to be seen. Name Request DT Res DT P1 12/27/2009 1:26 12/31/2009 16:28 P2 12/27/2009 12:00 12/30/2009 7:20 P3 ...

Query Parameter
I want to supply a parameter to a query to define the from date and to date and retrieve data falling under this from and to date. but, i do not want it to be prompted, as the same criteria is to be used in more than one table. so, i want to store the from date and o date in a temp table and related this to the date field in different tables. thanks You could create a table (tblDateRange) with 2 date fields (datStart and datEnd) and only one record. Then add tblDateRange to your query and don't join it. Set the criteria under your date field to: Between [datStart] and [datEnd] ...

3 different data ranges to chart on one graph
I have a graph I am trying to create that in essence has three different types of data in it, but they are all associated. I am charting 2000-2005 information. I would have 7 columns of data Year / Spending / %change from prior year / Segments / % change / Project counts / %change from prior year For example this would be what 2001 would look like... 2001/1,500,000/56%/22,000,000/-34%/16,000/84% So my numbers are all over the scale. Can I do this? Any charting advice would be greatly appreciated. Hi Donna - One of the principles of effective data presentation, is to keep it s...

copying values/text, not formulas
Heya ... I've got a workbook that consists of a "main page" with several columns of formatted text, and several columns of VLOOKUP'ed text drawn from several other worksheets in the workbook. My boss wants only the main page and not the others (too much space on his HD) ... I've been trying to use "Paste Special" to do this, first copying the formats over to a new page (looks exactly like what I have on the main page) and then copying the values. It works fine as long as I have only single cells selected. What goes wrong is when I have merged cells selected...

Form check box
I have a check box that's part of a form and have the information copy to a data base: ws.Cells(iRow, 2).Value = Me.txtMemberName.Value ws.Cells(iRow, 5).Value = Me.TxtDeposits.Value ws.Cells(iRow, 6).Value = Me.TxtLending.Value ws.Cells(iRow, 7).Value = Me.CBBroker.Value <---this line ws.Cells(iRow, 8).Value = Me.Txtmutualfunds.Value ws.Cells(iRow, 10).Value = Me.txtComments.Value The value that appears in the data base is "true" How do I simply change this to say "Yes" Thanks for your help if me.cbbroker.value = true then ws.cells(iRow, 7)...

Show and change IP
Hello, I would like to write a small program that shows me the IP of my computer and then allows me to change that IP. What would be the best approach to do that? Thanks! Best Regards, René On 08/02/2010 18:13, Rene Heinze wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to write a small program that shows me the IP of my computer > and then allows me to change that IP. What would be the best approach to do > that? You can get ALL the IPs of a machine by calling gethostbyname() with the result of gethostname(). There are plenty of samples online. As for changi...

Showing hidden fields?
I have a form located at: http://www.sacredheartlanc.org/school/scrip/scrip_order.htm At the bottom of the form under, Order Pick-Up, I have extra code that's suppose to show when "Other" is selected from the drop down menu. This is where someone can add details about how they intend to pickup their order. This used to work fine but now it no longer shows properly. The error I'm seeing on line 30 is "Error: 'document.order.Pickup' is null or not an object" This error shows in "preview" when making a selection in "Order Pick-...

Show Attachment
I am using MS Office Outlook 2003. In prior versions, if I had sent an email with an attachment and printed a copy of that email from the Sent Items box, it would print with the message AND an icon showing there was an attachment to the email. I'm now using Outlook 2003 and cannot figure out how to do the same thing. It is important that if I print an email from the Sent Items that contained an attachment that my printout in fact shows there was an attachment. Your help will be appreciated. What format are you using to send the mail? To see what format is being used: - Open your TOOLS...

OL 2K will NOT show e-mail addresses in to field
Again - tough noogies. Learn to post some useful information, such as the version of Outlook and WHAT email addresses you want to see in the TO field as opposed to what you are seeing now. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, outlook victim asked: ...

How do I create a sales funnel graph/chart with Excel?
CharlesJ - It might help if you describe the kind of chart you want (and the data upon which it is based). A Google search for "sales funnel chart" yields approx. 125,000 results. Some examples seem to be quantitative (with what some chart gurus might regard as unnecessary deception using length and areas), and some seem to be merely line diagrams, not based on numerical data. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com CharlesJ - It might help if you describe the kind of chart you want (and the data upon which it is based). A Google search for "sales funnel chart" yiel...

Updating Graphs
Hello, I wanted to make a couple of changes in the formula for the y-axis and cannot get the graph to update the changes. any assitance is appreciated Jason M. Please explain "formula for the y axis" -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Jason M." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:234401c3fc6e$d428c670$a001280a@phx.gbl... > > Hello, > > I wanted to make a couple of changes in the formula for > the y-axis and cannot get the graph to update the changes. > any assitance is appre...

Hiding Duplicate Records in a List Box
Is there a way to hide (or not list) duplicate records that might be in a List Box? Thanks in advance for any help. Fred Yes, base your listbox on a query that excludes duplicates. PC Datasheet Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications resource@pcdatasheet.com "FredK" <fred.kelley@ci.tracy.ca.us> wrote in message news:Oil61gSsHHA.1680@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to hide (or not list) duplicate records that might be in a > List Box? > > Thanks in advance for any help. > > Fred > On Sun, 1...

optional method parameter in MFC ActiveX
How do you set a method parameter as optional in an MFC ActiveX control? Kurt "Kurt" <k_nojunk@larimore.net> wrote in message news:%23HK$bCR4DHA.2468@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How do you set a method parameter as optional in an MFC ActiveX control? > > Kurt Depends, (1) do you mean when you create an activex control yourself, and you wish to make a parameter optional? Or (2) do you want to pass an optional argument to a method of the ActiveX control? Solution (1) : Make it a variant parameter. If the variant is of type VT_ERROR and the value is DISP_E_PARAMNOTFOU...

How to get Table Description Field Text to show on Forms? Hovering? Right-Click?
Can I get the fioeld description I enter in the Table Design View to show on Forms or Queries? When the mouse hovers over the field or field name?? When the user right clicks on the field or field name?? At the bottom of the screen when the mouse hovers? How? Thanks for any help. Mel Ken, I've done some programming but not much in Access. How do I (where do I click) to add a function to the "standard module" ??? And, am I correct in understanding that the first function would be called each time the db opened? And the 2nd function would be called each time the form op...

no revenue showing, why?
I'm having trouble properly recording my business income (cleaning service). I enter the deposit (manual check deposit) under 'Service Income', but still in the business snapshot I have zero revenue! If I set up recurring clients it will show up under 'Payables due by...' and like ($240) <== in red, meaning it's a negative bill?! It would be great to see my revenue and expense in the same snapshot. Can anyone help me with that? ...

Too few parameters?
Hello All I have SELECT statement that I have built using the SQL view of a query. The SELECT statement contains WHERE, GROUP BY, HAVING and ORDER BY parameters. All has been working fine, until today when I have needed to add an extra criteria to the HAVING part: This worked: "HAVING ((([x confirmed].name)=" & Chr(34) & [Forms]![staffs subform new]![employee] & Chr(34) & "))" but this does not: "HAVING ((([x confirmed].entered) =" & Chr(34) & [forms]![staffs subform new]![child813]![entered] & Chr(34) & ")...

MSN Parameters
I have a free e-mail account at msn.com. I had to install a new hard drive and reinstall my software. What are the parameters to access my e-mail at msn? POP3, HTTP, etc. If POP3 what are the parameters for outgoing and incoming e-mail? Thanks. JustAsking JustAsking wrote: And you are using WHICH version of Outlook? > I have a free e-mail account at msn.com. That doesn't make clear whether you have a classic MSN Hotmail account or a new Windows Live Hotmail account. You sure you didn't get converted to a Windows Live Hotmail account? For HOW LONG have you had the ...

overlay two graphs with different x axis
hi there i'm having trouble trying to overlay 2 graphs together, the are shown below. 'cost graph (http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/4893/costgraph7bj.jpg) 'phase graph (http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/976/phasegraph5oo.jpg) the data used is shown here: 'data' (http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/8226/data1vl.jpg) for the cost graph, it is a standard line graph: y axis is I9:I24, axis is K9:K24 for the phase graph, it is a stacked column graph with a hidden dat series: y axis is stacked K3:K6 and L3:L6, and the x axis is G3:G6 is it possible to overlay these gra...