Parameter query criteria input in Access Page

I am using a parameter query for an Access Page. When the prompt comes up to
enter the required data, the dialog box will not show all of the text that I
used as the criteria prompt. It works OK when you just run the query, but
when using the page, the text is clipped off. Here is what I have as criteria:
[Enter Description- options are Round, Square, Rectangular, Oblong]

When the box pops up to prompt the user for the input, it comes up:
Enter Description- options ar
The rest of the text is clipped. Any help is appreciated.
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

filtering records by custom criteria
Problem: Activities such as bulk emails or calls often apply only to such a particular group of people or accounts, where particular conditions are met. E.g. send a particular mail to all those leads, who expressed a particular field of interest (non-standard fields) and who have downloaded a particular document or software (non-standard fields). Another example: Send a mail (e.g. upgade notification) to all those accounts who have bought a particular product (standard field) and a corresponding maintenance license (non-standard field), and where the license's expiry date (non-stan...

using Query Based distribution groups between domains
I am trying to use query based DG's for passing world wide notificatons across domains. I have a global QBDG containing QBDG from our 3 child domains. When I am sendin an email to this DG the email only reach the recipients in the domain where the global dg is placed, none of the the recipients in the other child domains gets the email. When I do a preview on the global DG the child domain qbdg is visible so it looks as if it would work. Any ideas appreciated. Sounds like an issue with the expansion server. Have you considered setting the expansion server to try and work through t...

Crm 4 event log warnings. CRM Parameter Filter
Hi all, I am looking for a solution on the following issue. Any suggestions will be very welcomed! Thank you in advance. Background: We just upgraded MS Crm 3 to Crm 4 Question: Every time when a user tries to save an update of a record. A warning will be logged into Event Viewer --> Application. It happens to all entities. For example: 1. I am doing some updates on the contact form http://localhost:5555/CAMELOT-DEV/sfa/conts/edit.aspx?id={488FF696-4F8C-DE11-AC94-00505698306E}# 2. Click save 3. I will find a warning message in Event Viewer --> Application Exception information: ...

Filtering a MS Access Dataset
I am a newbie making a database app. My database is a MS Access database. I have a startup form with a datagrid showing all the records in table called Report.(The Datagrid automatically created a dataset of the entire database.) When a report is selected on this form, I want another form to open which has data aware text boxes connected a Details table.(I have no problems creating the forms) Both these tables have a RecordID and I want this form to display only the records which have the same RecordID as row which was selected in the datagrid. Can someone please help me out on this? ...

How can I show or hide an image using an access table field?
I am trying to put a picture on a report and then use the boolean result value of a field in an Access database to either show or hide it. What have you tried so far? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "evansc" <evansc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C160E7CD-D727-4830-B69B-6FD3DB8FE032@microsoft.com... >I am trying to put a picture on a report and then use the boolean result > value of a field in an Access database to either show or hide it. > Tried puting a text control on the form and putting the picture in that box, but do n...

Excel to Access #2
I have created a macro in an Excel workbook to do various things with a web query, then export one sheet of the workbook as a txt file. I then get the macro to open Access. What I am wanting to do is:- I want my macro to, not only open Access, but to open a specific Access Database and if possible, run a macro within that database to import the data that I have exported from Excel. Any ideas? Thanks Keith wrote: > I have created a macro in an Excel workbook to do various things with a web > query, then export one sheet of the workbook as a txt file. I then get the > macr...

Dont force a Blank Page if Field is Null !!!!!! Please Help
Hello again, Asking for some expert advise. I have a report that has two sections both with headers and footers. in the final footer I have a unbound field that if the check box is true show the field, if false, Null. it wiorks great, but here is my problem. that footer need to pring on the second page and it will if I "Force New Page" but if it is null it gives me a Blank page. I tried the grouping and Page Breaks and Footer Properties but they all seem to do the same thing or it doesnt. Please help!!!! -- -The Novice Learn Today, Teach Tomorrow Great Success is one...

I can't query an XMLDocument with XPATH; every query returns 0 nodes
Please help! I'm using the following code to get an XML doc: string str = "http://api.local.yahoo.com/MapsService/V1/geocode?appid=12345&city=addison"; System.Net.HttpWebRequest request = (System.Net.HttpWebRequest)System.Net.WebRequest.Create(str); request.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials; System.Net.HttpWebResponse response = (System.Net.HttpWebResponse)request.GetResponse(); System.IO.Stream inputStream = response.GetResponseStream(); System.X...

String Too Long in Query
I have a complicated calculated field in a query, and the builder keeps truncating my expression. Is there any way around this limitation? If necessary, I can post the calculation - but the basics are a switch by the value of class, then a switch by value of position to get the correct payout for a car race. (so each class has the switch for position) Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Meg On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 05:17:00 -0800, Meg <Meg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a complicated calculated field in a query, and the builder keeps >truncating my expression. Is...

Report Criteria?
Hi! I have a problem with my report about Accounts Receivable. It is supposed to show all the Accounts Receivable, regardless if whether they are paid or not. Now, the problem is that in the textbox "Total", it should only include those which are not paid,which could be determined by the checkbox "Paid" which is also shown in the report. If there is a check on the box,it means that the account has already been paid. The textbox "Total" sums the value from the textbox "Amount". The values are from the same query, What criteria should be in placed and wh...

Comparing input to numerous values
Howdy, Is there a simple way in VBA to compare input from the user to a set amount of constants? Example: Input box asks for a value, then I need to compare that value to A,B,C,D. If the input does not equal one of the four then an error msg pops up. Would rather not write four if then statements. Thanks in advance, Mjack -- mjack003 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mjack003's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5141 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=494017 Maybe like...

SQL insert query help needed
Hi all I am new to SQL and i would to know if anyone can help me work around this problem: i have 2 tables table1 (column1, column2, column3, column4) where column1 = integer - auto increment, clumn2 = text, column3 = text , column 4 = integer and table2 (column1 , column2) where column1 = integer - auto increment and column2 = text Now table1.column4 is related to table2.column1 thats table1.column4 = table2. column1 what i was trying is to be have an SQL statement that can insert values that are not fixed maybe different every time but i want them to be added into ...

Crosstab Query
I have some data that I need to flatten by a particular field, but it is duping up to 7 times due to one field. Unfortunately, the value of these fields is different for each unique record, so a simple crosstab will not work. Here's an example Field to Flatten Duping Field XXX ABC XXX BCA XXX CAB YYY JDK YYY KJD If there were only two dupes per "field to flatten" i could use "FIRST" and "LAST" or "MI...

Count if between date parameters
I need create a formula that show how many patients were available to be seen on each day of the month. I would like to make the cut-off for changes of dates as 3pm, meaning that one day is from 3pm - 3pm the next day. e.g. - 12/30/09 available patients would be all those there from 3:01pm on 12/29/09 to 3:00pm on 12/30/09. If they're available for the full day count them only. Using this logic with the data below on 12/30/09 only 2 patients were available to be seen. Name Request DT Res DT P1 12/27/2009 1:26 12/31/2009 16:28 P2 12/27/2009 12:00 12/30/2009 7:20 P3 ...

Query Parameter
I want to supply a parameter to a query to define the from date and to date and retrieve data falling under this from and to date. but, i do not want it to be prompted, as the same criteria is to be used in more than one table. so, i want to store the from date and o date in a temp table and related this to the date field in different tables. thanks You could create a table (tblDateRange) with 2 date fields (datStart and datEnd) and only one record. Then add tblDateRange to your query and don't join it. Set the criteria under your date field to: Between [datStart] and [datEnd] ...

Combine and Insert query
I have linked three csv files to MS Access Table, the table names are as follows MON.csv, Tue.csv and Wed.csv I have combined all the three tables using UnionAll function in query (qry Combine). I would like to have a query/macro funtion which can insert a column to my 'qry combine' identifing the table names example: when the 'qry combine' combines the first table Mon.csv along with the data the query must insert a new column and enter a value as "weekMon" to all the data of Monfile. In the union query you would need to add a calculated field SELECT...

GPS Customization Query

Problem with Microsoft Query
It doesn't return some of the data. It returns all but one actually. And I went into Microsoft Query help and followed the instructions. The file is closed, and the data is formatted the same way. Any advice on how to fix it? Jul, Your question is extremely vague. You should probably provide more explicit information about the details of your query such as The type of file are you trying to query The program you are using to perform the query Details of the query parameters Details of the information that is not being retrieved Also, make sure you change the Subject of your messag...

optional method parameter in MFC ActiveX
How do you set a method parameter as optional in an MFC ActiveX control? Kurt "Kurt" <k_nojunk@larimore.net> wrote in message news:%23HK$bCR4DHA.2468@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How do you set a method parameter as optional in an MFC ActiveX control? > > Kurt Depends, (1) do you mean when you create an activex control yourself, and you wish to make a parameter optional? Or (2) do you want to pass an optional argument to a method of the ActiveX control? Solution (1) : Make it a variant parameter. If the variant is of type VT_ERROR and the value is DISP_E_PARAMNOTFOU...

Too few parameters?
Hello All I have SELECT statement that I have built using the SQL view of a query. The SELECT statement contains WHERE, GROUP BY, HAVING and ORDER BY parameters. All has been working fine, until today when I have needed to add an extra criteria to the HAVING part: This worked: "HAVING ((([x confirmed].name)=" & Chr(34) & [Forms]![staffs subform new]![employee] & Chr(34) & "))" but this does not: "HAVING ((([x confirmed].entered) =" & Chr(34) & [forms]![staffs subform new]![child813]![entered] & Chr(34) & ")...

Deleting specific records based on query results
Is there a way to use a select query to find and then delete specific records in a database. My database records basic applicant information in one table (tblApplicants) and any interview data in another (TblActivities). I need to do an annual purge of applicants from a previous year who were never interviewed. I have a select query that returns the name and date entered from the TblApplicants table where the requisition data in the TblActivities table is null. I know I can then go to the TblApplicants and manually delete each record, but at over 1700 records that seems a lit...

Disable webservice access
Hi Group, Is there a way to disable the access to webservice in a CRM 4.0 Enterprise. I want to enable the access only to some organizations. Thanks., ...

Query mailbox limit settings
Hi, Is it possible to write a query or script which get back the settings of mailbox limits at all users in the domain or in an ou? - the "Use mailbox store defaults" checkbox is selected or not - the "Issue warning at" checkbox is selected or not, and if it is selected, what value is given - the "Prohibit send at" checkbox is selected or not, and if it is selected, what value is given - the "Prohibit send and receive at" checkbox is selected or not, and if it is selected, what value is given Are LDIFDE or CSVDE useful for this task? I have not fo...

Query output into a worksheet
I am using the following code to get data into RecSet from my database. I want to know if there is a way where i can export all records into a sheet without having to specify fields. If that is not possible then what's the easiest way to do this? Sub ExtractRecords() Dim dbConn As Object Dim SQLExtract As String Dim RecSet As New ADODB.Recordset Set dbConn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") dbConn.Open "Driver={SQL Server}; Server=BALAJI;Database=PNR_Log;Uid=sa; Pwd=sa;" SQLExtract = "select * from PNRData" RecSet.Open SQLExtract, dbConn, adOpenDynamic,...

MSN Parameters
I have a free e-mail account at msn.com. I had to install a new hard drive and reinstall my software. What are the parameters to access my e-mail at msn? POP3, HTTP, etc. If POP3 what are the parameters for outgoing and incoming e-mail? Thanks. JustAsking JustAsking wrote: And you are using WHICH version of Outlook? > I have a free e-mail account at msn.com. That doesn't make clear whether you have a classic MSN Hotmail account or a new Windows Live Hotmail account. You sure you didn't get converted to a Windows Live Hotmail account? For HOW LONG have you had the ...