parameter queries and runtime

I just started reviewing a conversion project. The client has Access 2000
databases now running in access 2007 runtime. Any parameter queries with one
parameter run fine. Any queries with multiple parameters return an empty
recordset. The multiple parameters are prompts for dates thentext with
wildcards.
Is this an issue with the free downloaded runtime?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

It's probably a difference in the way Access is understanding the
parameters.

Post the SQL statement of the query that fails.
(Switch to SQL View, copy'n'paste here.)

Also, tell us the data type of the fields you are applying parameters to (by
opening the table in design view, and looking in the Data Type column.)

My guess is that the solution will be to declare the date parameters, and
ensure the Nulls and joins are handled correctly.

"Chip" <Chip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just started reviewing a conversion project. The client has Access 2000
> databases now running in access 2007 runtime. Any parameter queries with
> one
> parameter run fine. Any queries with multiple parameters return an empty
> recordset. The multiple parameters are prompts for dates thentext with
> wildcards.
> Is this an issue with the free downloaded runtime?

0
Allen

Crm 4 event log warnings. CRM Parameter Filter
Hi all, I am looking for a solution on the following issue. Any suggestions will be very welcomed! Thank you in advance. Background: We just upgraded MS Crm 3 to Crm 4 Question: Every time when a user tries to save an update of a record. A warning will be logged into Event Viewer --> Application. It happens to all entities. For example: 1. I am doing some updates on the contact form http://localhost:5555/CAMELOT-DEV/sfa/conts/edit.aspx?id={488FF696-4F8C-DE11-AC94-00505698306E}# 2. Click save 3. I will find a warning message in Event Viewer --> Application Exception information: ...

using Query Based distribution groups between domains
I am trying to use query based DG's for passing world wide notificatons across domains. I have a global QBDG containing QBDG from our 3 child domains. When I am sendin an email to this DG the email only reach the recipients in the domain where the global dg is placed, none of the the recipients in the other child domains gets the email. When I do a preview on the global DG the child domain qbdg is visible so it looks as if it would work. Any ideas appreciated. Sounds like an issue with the expansion server. Have you considered setting the expansion server to try and work through t...

I can't query an XMLDocument with XPATH; every query returns 0 nodes
Please help! I'm using the following code to get an XML doc: string str = "http://api.local.yahoo.com/MapsService/V1/geocode?appid=12345&city=addison"; System.Net.HttpWebRequest request = (System.Net.HttpWebRequest)System.Net.WebRequest.Create(str); request.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials; System.Net.HttpWebResponse response = (System.Net.HttpWebResponse)request.GetResponse(); System.IO.Stream inputStream = response.GetResponseStream(); System.X...

String Too Long in Query
I have a complicated calculated field in a query, and the builder keeps truncating my expression. Is there any way around this limitation? If necessary, I can post the calculation - but the basics are a switch by the value of class, then a switch by value of position to get the correct payout for a car race. (so each class has the switch for position) Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Meg On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 05:17:00 -0800, Meg <Meg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a complicated calculated field in a query, and the builder keeps >truncating my expression. Is...

SQL insert query help needed
Hi all I am new to SQL and i would to know if anyone can help me work around this problem: i have 2 tables table1 (column1, column2, column3, column4) where column1 = integer - auto increment, clumn2 = text, column3 = text , column 4 = integer and table2 (column1 , column2) where column1 = integer - auto increment and column2 = text Now table1.column4 is related to table2.column1 thats table1.column4 = table2. column1 what i was trying is to be have an SQL statement that can insert values that are not fixed maybe different every time but i want them to be added into ...

Count if between date parameters
I need create a formula that show how many patients were available to be seen on each day of the month. I would like to make the cut-off for changes of dates as 3pm, meaning that one day is from 3pm - 3pm the next day. e.g. - 12/30/09 available patients would be all those there from 3:01pm on 12/29/09 to 3:00pm on 12/30/09. If they're available for the full day count them only. Using this logic with the data below on 12/30/09 only 2 patients were available to be seen. Name Request DT Res DT P1 12/27/2009 1:26 12/31/2009 16:28 P2 12/27/2009 12:00 12/30/2009 7:20 P3 ...

Crosstab Query
I have some data that I need to flatten by a particular field, but it is duping up to 7 times due to one field. Unfortunately, the value of these fields is different for each unique record, so a simple crosstab will not work. Here's an example Field to Flatten Duping Field XXX ABC XXX BCA XXX CAB YYY JDK YYY KJD If there were only two dupes per "field to flatten" i could use "FIRST" and "LAST" or "MI...

Access Runtime & Stability
Hello All, I just have a quick question. I work for a company with an existing access database that they use for their Work Order system. They've had it for about 6-7 years and the company who built it for them has since folded their tent and we're kind of out in the cold with it. It hasn't been an issue yet but we're updating our computer systems and I am just wondering the following: 1. We would like to avoid buying copies of Access for many of the computers. I have heard of this "runtime" program which is free and will allow data entry personell to enter inf...

Query Parameter
I want to supply a parameter to a query to define the from date and to date and retrieve data falling under this from and to date. but, i do not want it to be prompted, as the same criteria is to be used in more than one table. so, i want to store the from date and o date in a temp table and related this to the date field in different tables. thanks You could create a table (tblDateRange) with 2 date fields (datStart and datEnd) and only one record. Then add tblDateRange to your query and don't join it. Set the criteria under your date field to: Between [datStart] and [datEnd] ...

Combine and Insert query
I have linked three csv files to MS Access Table, the table names are as follows MON.csv, Tue.csv and Wed.csv I have combined all the three tables using UnionAll function in query (qry Combine). I would like to have a query/macro funtion which can insert a column to my 'qry combine' identifing the table names example: when the 'qry combine' combines the first table Mon.csv along with the data the query must insert a new column and enter a value as "weekMon" to all the data of Monfile. In the union query you would need to add a calculated field SELECT...

GPS Customization Query

Problem with Microsoft Query
It doesn't return some of the data. It returns all but one actually. And I went into Microsoft Query help and followed the instructions. The file is closed, and the data is formatted the same way. Any advice on how to fix it? Jul, Your question is extremely vague. You should probably provide more explicit information about the details of your query such as The type of file are you trying to query The program you are using to perform the query Details of the query parameters Details of the information that is not being retrieved Also, make sure you change the Subject of your messag...

optional method parameter in MFC ActiveX
How do you set a method parameter as optional in an MFC ActiveX control? Kurt "Kurt" <k_nojunk@larimore.net> wrote in message news:%23HK$bCR4DHA.2468@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How do you set a method parameter as optional in an MFC ActiveX control? > > Kurt Depends, (1) do you mean when you create an activex control yourself, and you wish to make a parameter optional? Or (2) do you want to pass an optional argument to a method of the ActiveX control? Solution (1) : Make it a variant parameter. If the variant is of type VT_ERROR and the value is DISP_E_PARAMNOTFOU...

Too few parameters?
Hello All I have SELECT statement that I have built using the SQL view of a query. The SELECT statement contains WHERE, GROUP BY, HAVING and ORDER BY parameters. All has been working fine, until today when I have needed to add an extra criteria to the HAVING part: This worked: "HAVING ((([x confirmed].name)=" & Chr(34) & [Forms]![staffs subform new]![employee] & Chr(34) & "))" but this does not: "HAVING ((([x confirmed].entered) =" & Chr(34) & [forms]![staffs subform new]![child813]![entered] & Chr(34) & ")...

Deleting specific records based on query results
Is there a way to use a select query to find and then delete specific records in a database. My database records basic applicant information in one table (tblApplicants) and any interview data in another (TblActivities). I need to do an annual purge of applicants from a previous year who were never interviewed. I have a select query that returns the name and date entered from the TblApplicants table where the requisition data in the TblActivities table is null. I know I can then go to the TblApplicants and manually delete each record, but at over 1700 records that seems a lit...

Query mailbox limit settings
Hi, Is it possible to write a query or script which get back the settings of mailbox limits at all users in the domain or in an ou? - the "Use mailbox store defaults" checkbox is selected or not - the "Issue warning at" checkbox is selected or not, and if it is selected, what value is given - the "Prohibit send at" checkbox is selected or not, and if it is selected, what value is given - the "Prohibit send and receive at" checkbox is selected or not, and if it is selected, what value is given Are LDIFDE or CSVDE useful for this task? I have not fo...

Query output into a worksheet
I am using the following code to get data into RecSet from my database. I want to know if there is a way where i can export all records into a sheet without having to specify fields. If that is not possible then what's the easiest way to do this? Sub ExtractRecords() Dim dbConn As Object Dim SQLExtract As String Dim RecSet As New ADODB.Recordset Set dbConn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") dbConn.Open "Driver={SQL Server}; Server=BALAJI;Database=PNR_Log;Uid=sa; Pwd=sa;" SQLExtract = "select * from PNRData" RecSet.Open SQLExtract, dbConn, adOpenDynamic,...

Import and Export from/to Excel query
I need to import and export Excel files in and out of Outlook 2003. When I try and do it I am told I don't have the correct translator and do I want to install it - when I say yes it tells me to put in the CD - when I put in the CD it doesn't install but just freezes up and I have to cancel - the file it tells me I need is L4561403.CAB How and where do I install L4561403.CAB which I assume that I can find on the CD?? TIA for any help. Brian Tozer KiwiBrian <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote: > I need to import and export Excel files in and out of Outlook 2003. > When ...

Runtime Requirements for SOAP attachments
Hi, I have written an application in C++ that consumes webservices. The application works great on my pc, which I have visual studio installed. When I deploy the application to other user's pcs, it works on all the functions, except those that use soap attachments. I am using the ATLSOAP_BLOB datatype for passing binary data to a webservice. Are their any additional libraries or runtime components that I should install with the application. Thanks, Josh ...

MSN Parameters
I have a free e-mail account at msn.com. I had to install a new hard drive and reinstall my software. What are the parameters to access my e-mail at msn? POP3, HTTP, etc. If POP3 what are the parameters for outgoing and incoming e-mail? Thanks. JustAsking JustAsking wrote: And you are using WHICH version of Outlook? > I have a free e-mail account at msn.com. That doesn't make clear whether you have a classic MSN Hotmail account or a new Windows Live Hotmail account. You sure you didn't get converted to a Windows Live Hotmail account? For HOW LONG have you had the ...

Printing a Report with Parameters
When printing a report with Parameters. The report will come up on the screen after you enter the parameter. When you then print the report it asks for the parameter again. After we click finish, the following error appears on the screen 'Information is needed before this report can be processed (On Cache Page/Server EIACRM.pgsvr) The report will not print. what server os is your crm web running and also what is your domain controller(s) running? also its possible you have embedded the servername in the report. open the report in crystal designer and go to database-verify dat...

Taking multiple parameters
I am running a query inside my macro that creates a worksheet full of some info. I want users to be able to take the results of one macro, and use it as arguments for another macro. So lets say I run 1 macro, I get 2 user ids as a result, say: 1, 2 Now I want to use these user ids as input parameters. Keep in mind these input parameters might vary. So how do I supply these as parameters to another macro? Pass the calculated or retreived values as parameters to the second macro: Sub Macro1() IDValue1 = "ID 123" IDValue2 = "ID 456" Macro2 IDValue1, IDValue2 End Sub Sub M...

Problem passing a parameter from a Report to CRM
Hi, I'm trying to show a company forecast in an iFrame, the report runs fine on the server and even through the Reports section in CRM. This is the code I am using on the OnLoad event of the form that the iFrame is in: crmForm.all.new_closedate.FireOnChange(); var url = "http://ruby/reportserver?%2fSales+Reports%2fCompany_Forecast&rs:Command=Render&Close_Date_Filter=" var Close_Date_Filter = crmForm.all.new_closedate.DataValue var param = "&rc:parameters=false" url = url+Close_Date_Filter+param document.all.IFRAME_Forecast.src=url The parameter is se...

Runtime Error #25
When I open my Outlook 2002 for the first time after booting the computer I get the following error: "Runtime Error! Program: C:\PROGRAM~1\MICROS~4\Office10 \OUTLOOK.EXE. Abnormal Program Termination." After that if I close and reopen Outlook I do not get the error. I have searched the knowledge base without result. Where do I look to solve this problem? BTW this error started to occur after I installed XP SP2. >-----Original Message----- >When I open my Outlook 2002 for the first time after >booting the computer I get the following error: > >"Runtim...

Recursive Query
I've been working with a recursive query recently and I've been unable to get the expected results. I'm looking to pull a customer purchase record for each time they purchased a particular product and to give them a discount if it's been over a year since they purchased a product and then additional discounts if it's been a year since they last received a discount. So, if I have the following information: LineID Customer ProdPurchaseDate 1 Cust1 2007-05-05 2 Cust1 2007-09-20 3 Cust1 2008-04-16 4 Cust1 2008-06-...