Opening up Access in Form View

I have created a form in Acces that is a main menu.  When I click on the
database icon I want the database to open in the main menu form.  How do I do
that?

Thank you!
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

For pre-2007 versions select Tools | Startup on the main database menu bar,
and then select the relevant form as the Display Form/Page property.  I can't
speak for 2007, but I imagine it will be broadly similar.

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

Alaska1 wrote:
>I have created a form in Acces that is a main menu.  When I click on the
>database icon I want the database to open in the main menu form.  How do I do
>that?
>
>Thank you!

KenSheridan
2/12/2010 9:30:19 PM
Depends on the version of Access.

For 2007 go to the Office Button, Access Options, Current Database in the
left column. Then select a Display Form.

For 2003 and some older versions: go to Tools on the menu. Then Startup.
Display Form/Page.

For very old versions, you can create a macro named Autoexec and have it
open a form.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"Alaska1" wrote:

> I have created a form in Acces that is a main menu.  When I click on the
> database icon I want the database to open in the main menu form.  How do I do
> that?
>
> Thank you!
In the options for Startup set the main menu form as the startup form.
In A2003 and earlier go to Tools | Options | Startup

In A2007 click the office button at top left,
select access options bottom at bottom,
select current database on left,
Display form, select the form from the drop down.

"Alaska1" <Alaska1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created a form in Acces that is a main menu.  When I click on the
> database icon I want the database to open in the main menu form.  How do I
> do
> that?
>
> Thank you!

0
Jeanette

excel to get data from an access database
I need excel to get data from an access database similar to vlookup function from an excel table. In order to have only specific records copied to your Excel file, the query needs to include selection criteria (and sort order if necessary). Otherwise, all records get copied and you then need to create lookup formulas or use filters to restrict the set of record. If you are not familiar with Access queries, have someone who is create one for you as a stored query object in the database file. You can then use the Data>Import (Get) External Data and choose the query as your record sour...

WIN X Sp2 IE8.0 killed by CPXRSYSGUARD.EXE and or ? Cant get IE8 to access the web
Tonite, I Contracted 39 versions of what SuperAntiSpyware calls: ROGUE.AGENT/GEN in my Registry HKUS\S-1-5-21 (see below) etc (in 39 different file endings) and TROJAN.AGENT/GEN-FakeSpy[Broad] 3 copies 1. in HKUS\S-1-5-21-2952124706-32014773-2762605872-1007Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run(jdfecxfs- C:\Documentsand Settings\Alan\LocalSettings\ApplicationData\ubqllk\cpxrsysguard.exe and The other two in C:\ DocSettings\Alan\LocalSettings\ApplicationData where it again opened a Folder named UBQLLK and inserted 2 copies of CPXRSYSGUARD.EXE It beg...

code to allow edits in form AND subform
Ok, here goes............. I have a form (frmBOL) which contains a subform (sfrmData). I have this code working to allow the form to be edited, but I can't seem to incorporate the subform into it. Everything I try gives me an error. Can anyone help? Private Sub cmdOK_Click() Dim sPassword As String sPassword = Nz(Me.txtPassword.Value, "") ' if it is a valid password, we let them edit the ' form that called this form. The calling form is ' responsible for check that the current user is ' either the QA tech on the record, or a me...

Publisher 2000

Export from and Import to Access
We are creating an issues tracking database using Access 2003 and would like to export information to management, obtain their feedback and update the database on a periodic basis. What is the best process for doing this? Would Access 2007 make this process easier somehow? -- gsr Per srichards: >We are creating an issues tracking database using Access 2003 and would like >to export information to management, obtain their feedback and update the >database on a periodic basis. What is the best process for doing this? >Would Access 2007 make this process easier somehow? D...

opening links in outlook

Problem trying to open old money file

eConnect can't access dll's
Hi, I've installed eConnect 7.5 and Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2, I'm going through the eConnect Serialization example. I can't get the assembly reference for the eConnectMethods to work, I've added the following using Microsoft.eConnect; using Microsoft.eConnect.Serialization; Does anyone know if I am missing a dll? or is there a problem with my install? Thanks in advance. ...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Converting Access 2000 to Access 2003 or XP
I have Access 2000 on my home PC and want to install it on my business PC. I also need to upgrade this program. Do I upgrade first, then bring it to work? Also, if the software is licensed to me at home, can I install it on my business computer as well? Thank you. No, each install has to have its own separate license. The Access 2000 on your home PC is only licensed for you home PC. If you are planning to upgrade, you would be better off buying the full installation of Office 2003 or Office 2002 to install on your business machine. If installing Office 2002/2003 to more than one machin...

Need an open house sign in sheet

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links

How can I access the windows clipboard?
On closing a number of applications ask if I want to keep the data on my clipboard available for other applications. How can I look at the clipboard, either before or after closing down, to see what is available to me there? The Windows clipboard will contain the last thing you copied. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< >...

Exported form shows error
I exported a table and form to another database for use in another facility I operate. When I go to open the form, an error is displayed stating..."The record source '~sq_cSaidTable~sq_cList70' specified on this form or report does not exist" It then proceeds to alter the record souce in the form in design veiw. I have done that and the error persists. How do I repair this? -- Deltadog-Sacramento River Delta fisher extrodinairre... ...

Outlook Web Access #17
I am trying to have Outlook Web access run in IIS 6 on a Windows 2003 server. Half of the mailboxes in the company are on the message store on this Windows 2003 server and the other half are on another message store on another server. We have a web site where a use clicks on a link to go to http://192.168.42.7/exchange where 192.168.42.7 is the location of the Windows 2003 server. If a user's mailbox is on this server then the link works fine and they can see their mail. If the user is on the other server they get the error message page not found, dns error or server error. How...

EXCEL Files open Slow

Viewing Data by Weeks
I have a table which has various defects that may occur in an area. I want to create a query which views the data by the week in the year (i.e. the first week of the year is week 1, etc). My data set starts on June 3, 2007 which is week 23. One of my problems is that there are some weeks where there are no defects, and I want that to show as 0. So ultimately what I want to see is something like: Week Defects 23 1 24 0 25 0 26 4 27 5 Now, I've tried a few different methods after reading various posts here. I&#...

Access query
I have a access query that I would like to show in my excel spreadsheet. Is there a way to insert? In the destination workbook, choose Data>Import External Data>New Database Query Click on MS Access Database as the data source, and click OK Select the database with the list, and click OK In the Query Wizard, select your query, and click the > button, to add the columns to the query Click Next, three times, then click Finish. Select a starting cell for the imported list, and click OK Right-click a cell in the imported list, and click Data Range Properties Add a check mark to R...