Open Form Button does not work going from Access2003 to Access 200

One of my forms has a button that open a form based on a field on the form. 
This button works fine if I open my ddatabase in Access 2003. If I open it in 
Access2007 it does not work. The Button macro also does not work properly in 
Access2007. It does not show the filds in the open form to match to the new 
form the button opens. Earlier I solved other wizard problems by registering 
the DAO360 and other files but things are still  not working right in 
Access2007.
0
Utf
10/29/2007 11:00:00 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

7 Replies
679 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 21

Firstly, you may need to add your database folder to the trusted locations 
under:
    Office Button | Access Options | Trust Center | Trust Center Settings

Otherwise, the code may not run at all.

After that, open the code window and choose Compile on the Debug menu. The 
menu item will gray out if it compiles without error.

-- 
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.

"M Rhodes" <rhodes4@llnl.gov.do-not-slam> wrote in message
news:2B9345C1-105D-4E60-B01A-4300797043C3@microsoft.com...
> One of my forms has a button that open a form based on a field on the 
> form.
> This button works fine if I open my ddatabase in Access 2003. If I open it 
> in
> Access2007 it does not work. The Button macro also does not work properly 
> in
> Access2007. It does not show the filds in the open form to match to the 
> new
> form the button opens. Earlier I solved other wizard problems by 
> registering
> the DAO360 and other files but things are still  not working right in
> Access2007. 

0
Allen
10/29/2007 11:17:37 PM
Allen,
Thanks. I did both things and now the button works. I am still unclear why I 
could not contruct the button in Access2007. Note in my original post, I had 
to creat the button in Access2003. To make an "open form" button , the wizard 
asks to match a field on the current form to a field on the form you want to 
open. I only had one field on the form containing the button and it does not 
show up in the wizard. It does show up in A2203.

Will I always have to compile the VB or was that just to check for errors?

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> Firstly, you may need to add your database folder to the trusted locations 
> under:
>     Office Button | Access Options | Trust Center | Trust Center Settings
> 
> Otherwise, the code may not run at all.
> 
> After that, open the code window and choose Compile on the Debug menu. The 
> menu item will gray out if it compiles without error.
> 
> -- 
> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
> 
> "M Rhodes" <rhodes4@llnl.gov.do-not-slam> wrote in message
> news:2B9345C1-105D-4E60-B01A-4300797043C3@microsoft.com...
> > One of my forms has a button that open a form based on a field on the 
> > form.
> > This button works fine if I open my ddatabase in Access 2003. If I open it 
> > in
> > Access2007 it does not work. The Button macro also does not work properly 
> > in
> > Access2007. It does not show the filds in the open form to match to the 
> > new
> > form the button opens. Earlier I solved other wizard problems by 
> > registering
> > the DAO360 and other files but things are still  not working right in
> > Access2007. 
> 
> 
0
Utf
10/29/2007 11:44:00 PM
sweet37helena@google.com hi are you
"M Rhodes" <rhodes4@llnl.gov.do-not-slam> wrote in message
news:2B9345C1-105D-4E60-B01A-4300797043C3@microsoft.com...
> One of my forms has a button that open a form based on a field on the
form.
> This button works fine if I open my ddatabase in Access 2003. If I open it
in
> Access2007 it does not work. The Button macro also does not work properly
in
> Access2007. It does not show the filds in the open form to match to the
new
> form the button opens. Earlier I solved other wizard problems by
registering
> the DAO360 and other files but things are still  not working right in
> Access2007.


0
HELENA
10/30/2007 4:30:06 AM
sweet37helena@google.com hi areyou
"M Rhodes" <rhodes4@llnl.gov.do-not-slam> wrote in message
news:2B9345C1-105D-4E60-B01A-4300797043C3@microsoft.com...
> One of my forms has a button that open a form based on a field on the
form.
> This button works fine if I open my ddatabase in Access 2003. If I open it
in
> Access2007 it does not work. The Button macro also does not work properly
in
> Access2007. It does not show the filds in the open form to match to the
new
> form the button opens. Earlier I solved other wizard problems by
registering
> the DAO360 and other files but things are still  not working right in
> Access2007.


0
HELENA
10/30/2007 4:42:01 AM
The trust center setting probably solved it.

The Compile tests for errors. For example, if the A2007 machine lacks a 
library reference, or if a new reserved word was used in an invalid way, or 
....

-- 
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.

"M Rhodes" <rhodes4@llnl.gov.do-not-slam> wrote in message
news:D0A1B2A9-637E-4825-A3F9-4CAB5AACCEA0@microsoft.com...
> Allen,
> Thanks. I did both things and now the button works. I am still unclear why 
> I
> could not contruct the button in Access2007. Note in my original post, I 
> had
> to creat the button in Access2003. To make an "open form" button , the 
> wizard
> asks to match a field on the current form to a field on the form you want 
> to
> open. I only had one field on the form containing the button and it does 
> not
> show up in the wizard. It does show up in A2203.
>
> Will I always have to compile the VB or was that just to check for errors?
>
> "Allen Browne" wrote:
>
>> Firstly, you may need to add your database folder to the trusted 
>> locations
>> under:
>>     Office Button | Access Options | Trust Center | Trust Center Settings
>>
>> Otherwise, the code may not run at all.
>>
>> After that, open the code window and choose Compile on the Debug menu. 
>> The
>> menu item will gray out if it compiles without error.
>>
>> "M Rhodes" <rhodes4@llnl.gov.do-not-slam> wrote in message
>> news:2B9345C1-105D-4E60-B01A-4300797043C3@microsoft.com...
>> > One of my forms has a button that open a form based on a field on the
>> > form.
>> > This button works fine if I open my ddatabase in Access 2003. If I open 
>> > it
>> > in
>> > Access2007 it does not work. The Button macro also does not work 
>> > properly
>> > in
>> > Access2007. It does not show the filds in the open form to match to the
>> > new
>> > form the button opens. Earlier I solved other wizard problems by
>> > registering
>> > the DAO360 and other files but things are still  not working right in
>> > Access2007. 

0
Allen
10/30/2007 1:45:28 PM
Still having substantial problems with the Wizards in Access2007. If you want 
to continue helping, I need to explain about my computers environment. I work 
in a large organization that is very sercurity aware. I have two accounts on 
my computer. I am explaining this because Access is behaving differently in 
each account. One account has Admin privelges. The second account is limited. 
They do not want us online with the Admin account. The admin account is only 
to download software and install software, etc. We are supposed to use the 
limited account for all normal work. I need Access running properly in the 
limited account.

So yesterday, I used the admin account to register DAO360 and the other file 
and to make the changes you recommened. I tested Access in the admin account. 
The application worked. It also works in the limited account.

What is not working in either account yet is the button creation wizard. In 
the limited account, I get "error in loading dll" just like before I made the 
changes yesterday. It seems registering files only worked for the admin 
account.

In the admin account, I no longer get "error in loading dll" but the wizard 
still does not show fields in the current form for matching in opening the 
new form. The current form window is blank while the window for the form to 
open shows all the fields. here are my steps.
1. Click create a button.
2. Drag the button on the form
3. Choose form operations
4. Choose open a form
5 Click the dot for opne based on matching records
6. Then  I get the window where I choose the filed in the current form and 
the form to open. The window for the current form is not populated. My form 
has only one filed in it, an unbounds combo box.

Note that this exact sequence works fien with Access2003.

I have to say this is very frustrating to need all this work for what is 
supposed to be a user friendly application. I am failrly computer 
knowledgable and am really struggling with Access2007. The average user would 
really be up the creek. If anyone from Microsoft is reading this, I am close 
to ditching Office2007 and going back to 2003.

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> The trust center setting probably solved it.
> 
> The Compile tests for errors. For example, if the A2007 machine lacks a 
> library reference, or if a new reserved word was used in an invalid way, or 
> ....
> 
> -- 
> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
> 
> "M Rhodes" <rhodes4@llnl.gov.do-not-slam> wrote in message
> news:D0A1B2A9-637E-4825-A3F9-4CAB5AACCEA0@microsoft.com...
> > Allen,
> > Thanks. I did both things and now the button works. I am still unclear why 
> > I
> > could not contruct the button in Access2007. Note in my original post, I 
> > had
> > to creat the button in Access2003. To make an "open form" button , the 
> > wizard
> > asks to match a field on the current form to a field on the form you want 
> > to
> > open. I only had one field on the form containing the button and it does 
> > not
> > show up in the wizard. It does show up in A2203.
> >
> > Will I always have to compile the VB or was that just to check for errors?
> >
> > "Allen Browne" wrote:
> >
> >> Firstly, you may need to add your database folder to the trusted 
> >> locations
> >> under:
> >>     Office Button | Access Options | Trust Center | Trust Center Settings
> >>
> >> Otherwise, the code may not run at all.
> >>
> >> After that, open the code window and choose Compile on the Debug menu. 
> >> The
> >> menu item will gray out if it compiles without error.
> >>
> >> "M Rhodes" <rhodes4@llnl.gov.do-not-slam> wrote in message
> >> news:2B9345C1-105D-4E60-B01A-4300797043C3@microsoft.com...
> >> > One of my forms has a button that open a form based on a field on the
> >> > form.
> >> > This button works fine if I open my ddatabase in Access 2003. If I open 
> >> > it
> >> > in
> >> > Access2007 it does not work. The Button macro also does not work 
> >> > properly
> >> > in
> >> > Access2007. It does not show the filds in the open form to match to the
> >> > new
> >> > form the button opens. Earlier I solved other wizard problems by
> >> > registering
> >> > the DAO360 and other files but things are still  not working right in
> >> > Access2007. 
> 
> 
0
Utf
10/30/2007 5:58:03 PM
Not sure what Windows you are using, but under Vista you can create a 
shortcut that runs msaccess.exe "as administrator".

Details in Option 2 of this article:
    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html#RunAsAdmin

-- 
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.

"M Rhodes" <rhodes4@llnl.gov.do-not-slam> wrote in message
news:73692095-3925-4E38-AE1C-D745F2847801@microsoft.com...
> Still having substantial problems with the Wizards in Access2007. If you 
> want
> to continue helping, I need to explain about my computers environment. I 
> work
> in a large organization that is very sercurity aware. I have two accounts 
> on
> my computer. I am explaining this because Access is behaving differently 
> in
> each account. One account has Admin privelges. The second account is 
> limited.
> They do not want us online with the Admin account. The admin account is 
> only
> to download software and install software, etc. We are supposed to use the
> limited account for all normal work. I need Access running properly in the
> limited account.
>
> So yesterday, I used the admin account to register DAO360 and the other 
> file
> and to make the changes you recommened. I tested Access in the admin 
> account.
> The application worked. It also works in the limited account.
>
> What is not working in either account yet is the button creation wizard. 
> In
> the limited account, I get "error in loading dll" just like before I made 
> the
> changes yesterday. It seems registering files only worked for the admin
> account.
>
> In the admin account, I no longer get "error in loading dll" but the 
> wizard
> still does not show fields in the current form for matching in opening the
> new form. The current form window is blank while the window for the form 
> to
> open shows all the fields. here are my steps.
> 1. Click create a button.
> 2. Drag the button on the form
> 3. Choose form operations
> 4. Choose open a form
> 5 Click the dot for opne based on matching records
> 6. Then  I get the window where I choose the filed in the current form and
> the form to open. The window for the current form is not populated. My 
> form
> has only one filed in it, an unbounds combo box.
>
> Note that this exact sequence works fien with Access2003.
>
> I have to say this is very frustrating to need all this work for what is
> supposed to be a user friendly application. I am failrly computer
> knowledgable and am really struggling with Access2007. The average user 
> would
> really be up the creek. If anyone from Microsoft is reading this, I am 
> close
> to ditching Office2007 and going back to 2003.
>
> "Allen Browne" wrote:
>
>> The trust center setting probably solved it.
>>
>> The Compile tests for errors. For example, if the A2007 machine lacks a
>> library reference, or if a new reserved word was used in an invalid way, 
>> or
>> ....
>>
>> -- 
>> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
>> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
>> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
>>
>> "M Rhodes" <rhodes4@llnl.gov.do-not-slam> wrote in message
>> news:D0A1B2A9-637E-4825-A3F9-4CAB5AACCEA0@microsoft.com...
>> > Allen,
>> > Thanks. I did both things and now the button works. I am still unclear 
>> > why
>> > I
>> > could not contruct the button in Access2007. Note in my original post, 
>> > I
>> > had
>> > to creat the button in Access2003. To make an "open form" button , the
>> > wizard
>> > asks to match a field on the current form to a field on the form you 
>> > want
>> > to
>> > open. I only had one field on the form containing the button and it 
>> > does
>> > not
>> > show up in the wizard. It does show up in A2203.
>> >
>> > Will I always have to compile the VB or was that just to check for 
>> > errors?
>> >
>> > "Allen Browne" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Firstly, you may need to add your database folder to the trusted
>> >> locations
>> >> under:
>> >>     Office Button | Access Options | Trust Center | Trust Center 
>> >> Settings
>> >>
>> >> Otherwise, the code may not run at all.
>> >>
>> >> After that, open the code window and choose Compile on the Debug menu.
>> >> The
>> >> menu item will gray out if it compiles without error.
>> >>
>> >> "M Rhodes" <rhodes4@llnl.gov.do-not-slam> wrote in message
>> >> news:2B9345C1-105D-4E60-B01A-4300797043C3@microsoft.com...
>> >> > One of my forms has a button that open a form based on a field on 
>> >> > the
>> >> > form.
>> >> > This button works fine if I open my ddatabase in Access 2003. If I 
>> >> > open
>> >> > it
>> >> > in
>> >> > Access2007 it does not work. The Button macro also does not work
>> >> > properly
>> >> > in
>> >> > Access2007. It does not show the filds in the open form to match to 
>> >> > the
>> >> > new
>> >> > form the button opens. Earlier I solved other wizard problems by
>> >> > registering
>> >> > the DAO360 and other files but things are still  not working right 
>> >> > in
>> >> > Access2007. 

0
Allen
10/31/2007 12:07:08 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

WIN X Sp2 IE8.0 killed by CPXRSYSGUARD.EXE and or ? Cant get IE8 to access the web
Tonite, I Contracted 39 versions of what SuperAntiSpyware calls: ROGUE.AGENT/GEN in my Registry HKUS\S-1-5-21 (see below) etc (in 39 different file endings) and TROJAN.AGENT/GEN-FakeSpy[Broad] 3 copies 1. in HKUS\S-1-5-21-2952124706-32014773-2762605872-1007Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run(jdfecxfs- C:\Documentsand Settings\Alan\LocalSettings\ApplicationData\ubqllk\cpxrsysguard.exe and The other two in C:\ DocSettings\Alan\LocalSettings\ApplicationData where it again opened a Folder named UBQLLK and inserted 2 copies of CPXRSYSGUARD.EXE It beg...

excel to get data from an access database
I need excel to get data from an access database similar to vlookup function from an excel table. In order to have only specific records copied to your Excel file, the query needs to include selection criteria (and sort order if necessary). Otherwise, all records get copied and you then need to create lookup formulas or use filters to restrict the set of record. If you are not familiar with Access queries, have someone who is create one for you as a stored query object in the database file. You can then use the Data>Import (Get) External Data and choose the query as your record sour...

when i open an attachment it just shows a box i cannot open
Attachment, whether docs or pictures won't open. I can preview them inside the window pane, but then have to copy to word doc to print. Should be able to open attachment and then print just from there. Please help. It's like the Microsoft Picture manager is working strangely. ...

code to allow edits in form AND subform
Ok, here goes............. I have a form (frmBOL) which contains a subform (sfrmData). I have this code working to allow the form to be edited, but I can't seem to incorporate the subform into it. Everything I try gives me an error. Can anyone help? Private Sub cmdOK_Click() Dim sPassword As String sPassword = Nz(Me.txtPassword.Value, "") ' if it is a valid password, we let them edit the ' form that called this form. The calling form is ' responsible for check that the current user is ' either the QA tech on the record, or a me...

Application_Startup doesn't seem to work
I have the following code in Class1 code Option Explicit Public WithEvents objReminders As Outlook.Reminders Sub Initialize_handler() Set objReminders = Application.Reminders MsgBox "Reminder handler initialized" End Sub Private Sub objReminders_ReminderFire(ByVal ReminderObject As Reminder) With ReminderObject ' irelevant code removed .Item.Display MsgBox .Caption .Dismiss End With End Sub And this in Module1 code Option Explicit Private Sub Application_Startup() Dim MyClass As New Class1 MyCl...

POP
Hello all, we have an issue where a PO was created with 4 line items and line item number 1 was not adding into the total on the report not the form which we did not know at the time.. then we had to edit line line 2 which at that time they noticed that the report was short still the line item #1 but the PO entry form showed the correct amount... I look into the tables and all seemed to be correct so it's just the report itself that is showing the incorrect amount.... any help would be great Hi Bam. See if the report itself has been customized. If it is, it could be a bug on the c...

Outlook2003
-----Original Message----- From: VELMURUGAN A. Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 12:10 PM To: 'Microsoft Asia Pacific Support' Subject: RE: Regarding Case Number SRZ040831000874 Importance: High One more problem i.e., We are using Windows 2003/Office2003 in our entire office which is having 100+ machines and all are having standard configuration/settings. In this connection intermittently/suddently while working with Outlook2003 , it goes to Work Off-Line and ask for the domain login/password. When we enter the password, it doesn't take forward and after three attempts &...

Skip Records in a Form
I have a form in my database based on a table. The table is appended with new reocrds everyday. My goal is to have the form present only the new records and allow a user to key data into the new record and be recorded in the same table. The issue I have is that the form is displaying all records not just the new. Does anyone know a way to open a form and display only those records that have not been updated by the user? Thanks in advance Add a column for UpdateDate and update this column whenever a record is updated via the form. Set up a query to read all the rows/columns ...

Opening a paramater form when open a report
I have a repor that takes date parameters from a seperate form.. As it is now I have to open the form put in the paramaters and then run the report which is based on a query... I would like to have the form pop up when I open the report and then close once once the report has run.. Help Please And thanks in advance bob On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 11:56:00 -0700, Bob wrote: > I have a repor that takes date parameters from a seperate form.. As it is now > I have to open the form put in the paramaters and then run the report which > is based on a query... > > I would like to ...

How do I get my MS Pub 2000 to open Pub files from Pub 2003?
i cannot get my Publisher 2000 to open files from Pub 2003....do i have to buy Pub 2003? or is there a solution that I can download? I have already disabled my antivirus and that didn't do anything.. also my files are not "read only". pls help. thx. Novice Novice <Novice@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > i cannot get my Publisher 2000 to open files from Pub 2003....do i > have to buy Pub 2003? or is there a solution that I can download? I > have already disabled my antivirus and that didn't do anything.. also > my files ...

Publisher 2000
After I open the Publisher 2000 program and attempt to open a file or create a new document, I get the message "Microsoft Publisher 2000 Version 6.0 has encoountered a problem and needs to close. WE are sorry for the inconvenience". I tried repairing the program and even reinstalling it, but that did not correct it. Suggestions? If you are trying to use Publisher on a network - don't it is not intended for a network Publisher files have to be worked on and saved to the local hard drive ONLY. -- Hi tom (tevanz@bellsouth.net), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: ...

opening links in outlook
why i can not open links attached to my e-mails mike wrote: >why i can not open links attached to my e-mails > I think you did some mistake in typing so just do one thing first type the link in notepad and then direct copy and paste that in your mail. -- Stellar Information Systems Ltd. D18, Sector-33, Infocity Phase II, Gurgaon-122001 Phone : (0124) 326 6069, 432 6700 Website : http://www.stellarinfo.co.in/ What happens when you try? Do you get the error; "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer" See http://www.m...

Problem trying to open old money file
Hi, I am trying to open a four-month old money file, which was on my backup disk. It is a *.mny file, not a backup file. It was created using the same version of Money (2005) which I still use. When I start MS MONEY and try open my old data file, it tells my that it wants convert my file so it works with this version. (Not sure why as the file was created in this version of MS Money). Then when I try and carry out the conversion it gives the following error message. "Money cannot locate xxxx or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have...

Running Virus Scan Slowing down opening files
3 minutes to open files in excel and word Are you using kaspersky virusscan? It is know for it. If yes please ask you administrator to exclude scan on harddisk or network files in the settings. -- Arien ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Arien's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1892 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390878 All Virus Scanning can be stopped: If your using Norton Follow the below if you want to open documents much faster Open Norton Click on: Norton Interne...

Email with tiny attachments open slow
Good Day All, I am using Exchange server 200 and Outlook 2003 mail client. I have started to experience with a single machine where all of a sudden reading emails with attachments of any size, even 6k, slows greatly. Just selecting the email item in the list takes at least 30 seconds before the lower pane shows the body of the selected item. No other client has the same problem even while this machine does. The problem seems to disappear at some point and then returns. The machine was connected to a 10Mbps switch so I changed to a 100Mbps switch and Event logs reveal nothing. I have ...

Converting Access 2000 to Access 2003 or XP
I have Access 2000 on my home PC and want to install it on my business PC. I also need to upgrade this program. Do I upgrade first, then bring it to work? Also, if the software is licensed to me at home, can I install it on my business computer as well? Thank you. No, each install has to have its own separate license. The Access 2000 on your home PC is only licensed for you home PC. If you are planning to upgrade, you would be better off buying the full installation of Office 2003 or Office 2002 to install on your business machine. If installing Office 2002/2003 to more than one machin...

Need an open house sign in sheet
Need an open house sign in sheet That's interesting, but do you have a question about Publisher? -- James Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen." Homer: "Well good riddance, their drawings sucked and they all looked like hippies!" "soozeeque" <soozeeque@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1096B15B-9766-4573-9FC2-2053BEC1F34B@microsoft.com... > Need an open house sign in sheet I would suggest keeping it simple. Use a table for the visitors' information and maybe your real estate company's logo...

Creating PDF No Longer Works in Any Office Product
I'm not sure when things stopped working. I have MSO 2003 and Windows 2007. When I hit the PDF button in Excel, it starts going through the PDF motions but then Excel locks up and stops responding. In Word, the screen blinks a few times and then just goes back to Word without making the PDF. This is getting frustrating, any ideas? Try this first if you use Excel 2007 Run Office Diagnostics. Office Button>Excel Options...Resources -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Table to form
I have a field in a table called ID. 4 posititions. I have a field in a subform where I want to enter an ID. If the ID is not in the table, I want to know. How can I connect them? By the way, if it is not in the table, I would want a message to pop up or the ability to add to the table on the fly. Thanks. On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:36:25 -0500, "rob peterson" <buster@owc.net> wrote: >I have a field in a table called ID. 4 posititions. What do you mean by "positions"?? >I have a field in a subform where I want to enter an ID. If the ID is not in >the tabl...

cannot open excel file from outlook
Excel 2007 cannot open document eithout first saving and opening thru excel Try to re-register Excel. Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. See the space between exe and /regserver You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe. In that case Start>Run "C:\yourpath\excel.exe" /regserver(quotes required)>OK Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:38:12 -0800, Rick <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Excel 2007 cannot open document eithout first savi...

opening links
Whenever I try to open a link in Outlook XP -- (Win XP Pro) it opens a "open with" prompt/box. Point it to the .exe for your preferred browser and click okay. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Whenever I try to open a link in Outlook XP -- (Win XP | Pro) it opens a "open with&quo...

unable to open your default mail folders...
I am running XP Pro and Office XP 2002. I currently use Outlook express on this PC but want to switch over to Outlook. When I try to open Outlook I get the message- Unable to open your default mail folders. Could not open item. Try again. Any ideas what's going on ??? Thanks in advance!!! -- Dennis Have you created a mail profile and installed your mail account(s)? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scrat...

Workbook always opens at a specific sheet and cell
I have a workbook consisting of many sheets. How do I make sure that everytime I open the work book, it would directly point to a specific sheet and cell? Hi put the following code in your workbook module (not in a standard module). sub workbook_open() me.worksheets("sheetx").activate end sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Zee wrote: > I have a workbook consisting of many sheets. How do I make sure that > everytime I open the work book, it would directly point to a specific > sheet and cell? methinks the original poster also wanted to activate a particu...

Exported form shows error
I exported a table and form to another database for use in another facility I operate. When I go to open the form, an error is displayed stating..."The record source '~sq_cSaidTable~sq_cList70' specified on this form or report does not exist" It then proceeds to alter the record souce in the form in design veiw. I have done that and the error persists. How do I repair this? -- Deltadog-Sacramento River Delta fisher extrodinairre... ...

Outlook Web Access #17
I am trying to have Outlook Web access run in IIS 6 on a Windows 2003 server. Half of the mailboxes in the company are on the message store on this Windows 2003 server and the other half are on another message store on another server. We have a web site where a use clicks on a link to go to http://192.168.42.7/exchange where 192.168.42.7 is the location of the Windows 2003 server. If a user's mailbox is on this server then the link works fine and they can see their mail. If the user is on the other server they get the error message page not found, dns error or server error. How...