One Control for 2 codes

My Combo Box cbGSTOptions selects either tax or no tax but after making my
selection I need to update with another control form the calculation to work
Control 2 is under the line====
Can I incorporate these two code to just the Afterupdate of my Combo Box
Option Compare Database
Option Explicit

Dim recInvoice_ItMdt As ADODB.Recordset
Dim recInvoice As ADODB.Recordset, dblGSTContentsValue As Double,
lngIntermediateID As Long
Dim dblGSTOptionsValue As Double
Dim bModify As Boolean
Dim ynCheque As Boolean, lngInvoiceID As Long, strExpressionOrgument As
String
Dim sngGstPercentage As Single, recGSTOptions As ADODB.Recordset
Dim bLockFlag As Boolean
Private Sub cbGSTOptions_AfterUpdate()

    Set recGSTOptions = New ADODB.Recordset
    recGSTOptions.Open "SELECT * FROM tblGSTOptions WHERE GSTOptionsText
LIKE '" _
        & cbGSTOptions.value & "'", CurrentProject.Connection,
adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic

    If recGSTOptions.EOF = True And recGSTOptions.BOF = True Then
        MsgBox "Invalid GSTOption.", vbApplicationModal + vbInformation +
vbOKOnly

    sngGstPercentage = Nz(recGSTOptions.Fields("GSTPercentage"), 0)
    tbRate.value = sngGstPercentage
    tbRate2.value = sngGstPercentage
'============================================================
        bModify = True
    cmdCalculate.Enabled = True
    cbGSTOptions.Enabled = True
    cmdCalculate.SetFocus
    cmdModify.Enabled = False
    Forms!frmMain!lstModify.Requery

 End If
End Sub

--
Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob
MS Access 2007 accdb

0
Bob
1/10/2010 9:48:57 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

I actually changed it to a list box and change the code to that form and
list box and it worked  perfectly
But now I must incorperate bote forms and list boxes to use the one code,
the adjusted code below works fine
I also had to change the ddate also to the new Form and list box
is it possible to have both incorperated......Thanks Bob

 Else
            recInvoice.Open "SELECT * FROM tblInvoice where InvoiceID=" &
Form_frmOverviewClient.lstClientInvoice.value _
            , CurrentProject.Connection, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic
            subShowInvoiceValues
            subShowInvoiceDetailValues

            If CurrentProject.AllForms("frmActiveHorses").IsLoaded = True
Then
                cbOwnerName.value = Form_frmActiveHorses.cboClient.value
            Else
                cbOwnerName.value = recInvoice.Fields("OwnerID")
            End If

            bModify = True

            Dim dDate As Date
            Dim dtDiff
            Dim nCountDaysOfYear As Long
            Dim nLeapYearNow As Long, nLeapYearOfBillYear As Long
            Dim nTotalDays As Long
            dDate = Form_frmOverviewClient.lstClientInvoice.Column(2)
"Bob Vance" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
> My Combo Box cbGSTOptions selects either tax or no tax but after making my
> selection I need to update with another control form the calculation to
> work Control 2 is under the line====
> Can I incorporate these two code to just the Afterupdate of my Combo Box
> Option Compare Database
> Option Explicit
>
> Dim recInvoice_ItMdt As ADODB.Recordset
> Dim recInvoice As ADODB.Recordset, dblGSTContentsValue As Double,
> lngIntermediateID As Long
> Dim dblGSTOptionsValue As Double
> Dim bModify As Boolean
> Dim ynCheque As Boolean, lngInvoiceID As Long, strExpressionOrgument As
> String
> Dim sngGstPercentage As Single, recGSTOptions As ADODB.Recordset
> Dim bLockFlag As Boolean
> Private Sub cbGSTOptions_AfterUpdate()
>
>    Set recGSTOptions = New ADODB.Recordset
>    recGSTOptions.Open "SELECT * FROM tblGSTOptions WHERE GSTOptionsText
> LIKE '" _
>        & cbGSTOptions.value & "'", CurrentProject.Connection,
> adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic
>
>    If recGSTOptions.EOF = True And recGSTOptions.BOF = True Then
>        MsgBox "Invalid GSTOption.", vbApplicationModal + vbInformation +
> vbOKOnly
>

>    sngGstPercentage = Nz(recGSTOptions.Fields("GSTPercentage"), 0)
>    tbRate.value = sngGstPercentage
>    tbRate2.value = sngGstPercentage
> '============================================================
>        bModify = True
>    cmdCalculate.Enabled = True
>    cbGSTOptions.Enabled = True
>    cmdCalculate.SetFocus
>    cmdModify.Enabled = False
>    Forms!frmMain!lstModify.Requery
>
> End If
> End Sub
>
> --
> Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob
> MS Access 2007 accdb
> Windows  XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3

0
Bob

can excel check one column against another
Hi. I have a spreadsheet with columns such as A, B, C, D, filled with numbers. Each row across such as row 1, then row 2, then row 3, etc of numbers is totaled in column E. Countless rows, each of which is totaled per row and then ends with a grand total at bottom of column E. Next comes columns F, G, H, also filled with numbers (but different numbers), which is totaled per row in Column I. At the bottom of Column I is a grand total. Even though arrived at using different sets of numbers, -both grand totals - in columns E and I must match. Sometimes they don't match. Ouch. So here is m...

why crash in the second method of one interface
Hi, Using one class generated from *.tlb to call 2 methods of one COM. The strange thing is that I got one error of the "First-chance exception in : 0xC0000005: Access Violation" in the second method. I also use ASP web page to call both methods of this COM and both methods seems is OK. ITemplateManage mytemplate; if (!mytemplate.CreateDispatch("comobj.TemplateManage")) { IDE_Error::Report (ComError|1,"ComObj.TemplateManage in FUN_Template::Add()"); return false; } result = mytemplate.Check (templatefilename); decodeparameter=mytemplate.GetInfo (templ...

Positioning 2 User Forms
Hi I hope I explain this correctly - I have user form 1 which on opening fills the monitor screen with everything in its correct place and working OK. Within the same Workbook I have a small user form 2 which is opened by a command button on user form 1. On opening that works perfectly OK. However no matter what I try and do and that includes changing Start Up Position = in the VBA the damn thing always opens in the middle of user form 1 - when the desired position would be in an empty space available on the baseline of user form1. Any help and suggestions would be much appreciated ...

Duplicate Transactions, One When Pending, One When Posted
I'm sure this has been addressed, but I couldn't seem to find an answer searching: My problem is, a transaction occurs at my bank, and MM2K7 downloads the data for it. Once that transaction moves from "Pending" to "Posted" at my bank, the transaction data changes, so MM downloads it again. Sometimes I get a possible duplicate message from MM, sometimes I don't. What are people doing to handle this situation? Thank you. This is a problem with your bank, not with Money. Eventually they should fix it. Call them. In the meantime VOID the pending transacti...

MSR Credit Card Reader adds all the information on one line
Is there a way to get the CC reader to properly seperate the the acct # from the expiration date? When I swipe I currently get everything on the acct # line. Thanks in advance! What type of CC reader(MSR) to you have? Typically this is an issue with simply configuring the MSR. Rob "Steakum" wrote: > Is there a way to get the CC reader to properly seperate the the acct # from > the expiration date? When I swipe I currently get everything on the acct # > line. > > Thanks in advance! Its a IDTECH Minimag USB/Keyboard Interface Do I need to select the Wedge Key...

grid off on one page
Is it possible to turn the grid off of only one page? thanks On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:37:11 -0600, "greg" <iuouh@ghfhg.com> wrote: >Is it possible to turn the grid off of only one page? Not really as it is a document wide setting.... however, there is workaround open the page shapesheet menu window -> Show shapesheet and set XGridSpacing and YGridSpacing to a large value. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. SSADM for Visio http://www.saadm.sandrila.co.uk/ On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:47:53 +0000, Paul Herber <SubstituteMyFirstNameHere@pherber.com> wro...

One to One relationship
I have an Events entity that is an offshoot from the Contacts entity. Basically, it tracks what events each contact has been invited to, and is used mainly by the Events Coordinator. I've set it up as a One (Contact) to Many (Events) relationship. However, I really only want one event form for each contact form. The reason I've set up a different entity rather than just adding a tab is that access to this entity needs to be tightly controlled. Obviously, if many events forms are created for the one contact, it would be very difficult to tell which one is accurate etc. Is it possibl...

Next Date given one date
At this time, I cannot use VBA. Here is my objective: For a given treasury note security: Cell A1, Date 6/17/2004 - today's date Cell A2, Date 7/15/1997 - first coupon date I want to identify the "previous coupon date" and "next coupon date" from today's date based on the frequency of the "first coupon date". Logically speaking: * Security pays 2 times each year * Based on first coupon date, pay dates are: 1/15 & 7/15 * Given today is 6/17/04, the next pay date is 7/15/04. * Given today is 6/17/04, the previous pay date is 1/15/04. Can this be...

Service Pack 2
I am running a legit version of windows vista that came with my laptop about a year and a half ago. I can do any update that is offered except for the service pack 2 update. It goes through showing that it is completely installed, even running through the 3 part update upon restart but after that it says tat the update failed and is reverting back to my old settings. I have tried this on 3 separate occasions after all other updated have been taken care of and I get the same problem. Any ideas? ...

importing #2
I created a logo on pulisher and want to use that logo in a word document. When I cut and paste it or try to use the insert tool it inserts the logo in the middle of my word document. I need it at the top of my document. Sometimes it will insert but give me another whole page. idaho wrote: > I created a logo on pulisher and want to use that logo in a word > document. When I cut and paste it or try to use the insert tool it > inserts the logo in the middle of my word document. I need it at the > top of my document. Sometimes it will insert but give me another > whole pag...

route inbound email from ip to one folder
Is there a way to route any incoming email from a certain IP address to a single folder? Our company is receiving emails from a source that we do not wish to receive, and would like these email to be directed to a singe folder rather than blocking them. Any ideas? Thanks. you could send them to the turf dir... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;245465 "daine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11d501c4263d$f4d05110$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to route any incoming email from a certain > IP address to a single ...

>>>Customer Live Chat Moved to May 10th: What's new in RMS 2.0<<<
Whats New in Microsot Dynamics RMS 2.0 - Customer Chat - Has moved to May 10th Have questions about the new RMS 2.0 release? Talk to RMS feature experts and designers about the new and exciting features available in the latest Microsoft Dynamics RMS release. Sign-up now http://www.microsoft.com/communities/chats/default.mspx -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Need to move the ADC to new Win2K3 domain controller
As part of a larger Exchange migration process I need to move/upgrade the ADC from a Windows 2000 domain controller to the new Win2K3 server. We are still in mixed mode (duh!). I am wondering is it as simple as just uninstalling the current ADC and then running the install again from the new server? Every article I am finding only deals with removing the first server in the Org. Anyone have any experience with this? ...

Automatic Send/Receive doesn't work #2
I installed Outlook 2003 on my friend's computer (actually Office 2003) and all works well, except that he has to click "send/receive for him to receive any emails. It is set to do a send/receive every 5 minutes, as well as at exit Any ideas why this wouldn't work ? TIA JM It is difficult to determine why automatic polling is failing when you do not post your mail account type, connection type and polling settings. If automatic polling once worked and now fails, you also need to examine what changes were made to your setup before automatic polling stopped working. In...

One client (Server 2k8-R2/HyperV) will not sync with DPM
We have been running DPM successfully for about a year now without any major problems. Recently we added a new server - a fairly robust PowerEdge that will be housing 4 HyperV VMs. For whatever reason, I can't get anything but the HyperV "Initial Store" to sync correctly. I thought initially it might be a problem with the HyperV machines, but it also fails to back up a small directory of files on the host drive. The oddest part about this is I really don't get an error. It will try an initial sync and run for a day or two and show very minimal data tr...

See more than one tab at a time
I would like to be able to see more than one Tab at a time in Excel. Currently I'm able to see two Tabs from different worksheets, but not two or more tabs from the same worksheet On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:57:03 -0700, "rocky59" <rocky59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to be able to see more than one Tab at a time in Excel. >Currently I'm able to see two Tabs from different worksheets, but not two or >more tabs from the same worksheet That would be because each tab represents a single worksheet. Clicking on the tab would move you from where ...

Y Axis Labels #2
I have a chart that is listed weeks against a score, ie: Week 1 2 Week 2 5 Week 3 1 and so on. The numbers however refer to a word, ie: Week 1 2 Bad Week 2 5 Very Good Week 3 1 Very Bad When i chart it i chart against the numbers to make sure it works but i need the Y-Axis labels to look against the words. Any ideas? -- chalky ------------------------------------------------------------------------ chalky's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23758 View this thread: http://www.ex...

Exchange 5.5 - One Organization
Hello - I am having a problem that I would like some more information on. I have One Organization (5.5) and 16 Sites (5.5) and would like to know why I can't stop the other sites from sending mail through me. If I can, I would like to know how. Thanks for any help. what do you mean by "sending mail through me"? What mail? Internet email? Does each site have its own Internet Mail Service? Or is your site kind of the "hub" where all Internet email comes in and goes out? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "dave.mudgett" <davemudgett@discussions.microsoft....

Why Would You Lose Sound On One User
WXP Pro Version 2002 Service Pack 3 with all current updates Dell Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80Ghz 2.79Ghz, 512 MB RAM System has three users all with admin rights - User 1(primary - me), User 2 (wife), and System Admin. (which I made visible on desktop). I (User 1) have lost sound when attempting to play CD's, and other audio files using WMP 11, however, I can still hear system sounds. User 2 and System Admin. still have full sound. System restore does not help ( in this case I only had a restore point from 5 days ago. Any thoughts? -- Skeeter "Old age and ...

Combining two fields into one in a query for a report
The database I am working on is to keep track of parts that are either in their storage area (on a shelf) or on an assembly line. I have two fields, one called Shelf and every part has a shelf assigned to it. The other field is Line and if a part in on an assembly line, there is a number indicating that line, if the part is on it's shelf, the word STOCK appears in the line field. (Has to be this way for the rest of the database to work, so this is not up for question) Now, I need to creat a report to show where all parts are. If they are on a line the result needs to show the l...

import into outline codes
can I import from Excel into Outline codes (not outline level) Hi Marylou, see my answer to your original post. Regards Barbara Am 03.03.2010 20:17, schrieb Marylou: > > can I import from Excel into Outline codes (not outline level) > Hi Barbara, thank you I did see your original post; however this was not my question. I already import outline levels. My question is: can I import into the customized outline code1; outline code2, etc thanks "Barbara - Austria" wrote: > Hi Marylou, > > see my answer to your original post. &g...

Tracing and tracking email on one mailbox
1. I want to use a current copy of the Exchange 2003 database and scrub it for all emails regarding one mailbox. Is there a tool that will assist me in this? 2. How do I tell Exchange 2003 to notify me of any emails transmitted to and from a particular address? And yes, this in conjunction with #1. I want to track one user's mail without using delegate or adding myself to their Active Directory profile and having to create another profile in Outlook. 1. Have a read through this: http://wm.quest.com/reg/marketing/landing/ediscoveryexchange/. This product is ideally suited for ...

transferring money from one computer to another
Folks, I just got this laptop which I really like, but unfortunately, I can't figure out how to get my MS Money program (not the files-- that's a no-brainer) to my new computer. I downloaded the program and did not get the CD for it. Is there a way to do it? Both of these computers are mine, so I should be able to, but I can't figure it out. Thanks! Govind... There are almost no apps that can be moved from one machine to another these day. Almost all require having the installation routines. This is why I always recommend against "download" installations. &qu...

Using MS MASK Control
I know this is not a place to put an ActiveX question. But i couldn't find another group to post this question. I am using the MS Mask Edit control in my program and for that i have included the following files in project. 1. msmask.cpp 2. msmask.h Now i try to do a CoCreateInstance passing the Class ID of msmask as the 1st parameter. I get an error saying the "Class is not registered". I am not using the msmask32.ocx in my project or have it in any folder. But if i get a msmask32.ocx and register it using the regsvr32 command, the CoCreateInstance function works fine. My qu...