on last enter start new blank form

is there a way to have a new blank form start after entering last input of 
information? Thanks in advance for the help!
0
Utf
3/19/2010 2:45:01 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

14 Replies
1127 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 42

If you set the form's property to add new records, and add a <Save> command 
button, you should get "a new blank form".  If you're asking how to have it 
happen without the <Save> button, how will Access "know" when you're 
finished entering data?

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

-- 
Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
does not constitute endorsement thereof.

Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
guarantee as to suitability.

You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
possible/necessary.

"JMD.Park" <JMDPark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:9CE405B9-B422-4996-AD03-1F4D000E2EF9@microsoft.com...
> is there a way to have a new blank form start after entering last input of
> information? Thanks in advance for the help! 


0
Jeff
3/19/2010 2:51:13 PM
Last entered would be enter or tab after last field

"Jeff Boyce" wrote:

> If you set the form's property to add new records, and add a <Save> command 
> button, you should get "a new blank form".  If you're asking how to have it 
> happen without the <Save> button, how will Access "know" when you're 
> finished entering data?
> 
> Regards
> 
> Jeff Boyce
> Microsoft Access MVP
> 
> -- 
> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
> does not constitute endorsement thereof.
> 
> Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
> guarantee as to suitability.
> 
> You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
> possible/necessary.
> 
> "JMD.Park" <JMDPark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:9CE405B9-B422-4996-AD03-1F4D000E2EF9@microsoft.com...
> > is there a way to have a new blank form start after entering last input of
> > information? Thanks in advance for the help! 
> 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
3/19/2010 4:23:01 PM
How would I set the form's property to add new records? and add a save command?

"Jeff Boyce" wrote:

> If you set the form's property to add new records, and add a <Save> command 
> button, you should get "a new blank form".  If you're asking how to have it 
> happen without the <Save> button, how will Access "know" when you're 
> finished entering data?
> 
> Regards
> 
> Jeff Boyce
> Microsoft Access MVP
> 
> -- 
> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
> does not constitute endorsement thereof.
> 
> Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
> guarantee as to suitability.
> 
> You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
> possible/necessary.
> 
> "JMD.Park" <JMDPark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:9CE405B9-B422-4996-AD03-1F4D000E2EF9@microsoft.com...
> > is there a way to have a new blank form start after entering last input of
> > information? Thanks in advance for the help! 
> 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
3/19/2010 4:24:01 PM
In the AfterUpdate event procedure of the control in question put the
following code:

    DoCmd.GoToRecord acForm, Me.Name, acNewRec

This will take you to a blank new record immediately after entering data in
the control, whether you’ve just entered a new record or edited an existing
one.  But bear in mind that a user might not necessarily enter the data in
the controls in the correct order.  An alternative would be to make sure that
the control is last in the form’s tab order, and put the above code in the
form’s AfterUpdate event procedure rather than the control’s.  This would
mean that the form would move to a new blank record either after entering
data in the control, or if after entering data in the control and then moving
back to another control with the mouse or Shift-Tab, they then save the
record explicitly or by moving off it with the navigation bar.
 
Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

JMD.Park wrote:
>Last entered would be enter or tab after last field
>
>> If you set the form's property to add new records, and add a <Save> command 
>> button, you should get "a new blank form".  If you're asking how to have it 
>[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]
>> 
>> .

-- 
Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com

0
KenSheridan
3/19/2010 4:51:53 PM
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 07:45:01 -0700, JMD.Park
<JMDPark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>is there a way to have a new blank form start after entering last input of 
>information? Thanks in advance for the help!

If the "Cycle" property of the form is set to the default "All Records", and
you use the Enter or Tab key on the keyboard to move from control to control
(rather than the mouse), Access will indeed move to a blank new record after
the last control in the form's tab order.

If you're using the mouse exclusively, then Access may not have any way to
know when you're done.
-- 

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
3/19/2010 4:56:18 PM
Receive error "can't find the object 'DoCmd'"

"KenSheridan via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> In the AfterUpdate event procedure of the control in question put the
> following code:
> 
>     DoCmd.GoToRecord acForm, Me.Name, acNewRec
> 
> This will take you to a blank new record immediately after entering data in
> the control, whether you’ve just entered a new record or edited an existing
> one.  But bear in mind that a user might not necessarily enter the data in
> the controls in the correct order.  An alternative would be to make sure that
> the control is last in the form’s tab order, and put the above code in the
> form’s AfterUpdate event procedure rather than the control’s.  This would
> mean that the form would move to a new blank record either after entering
> data in the control, or if after entering data in the control and then moving
> back to another control with the mouse or Shift-Tab, they then save the
> record explicitly or by moving off it with the navigation bar.
>  
> Ken Sheridan
> Stafford, England
> 
> JMD.Park wrote:
> >Last entered would be enter or tab after last field
> >
> >> If you set the form's property to add new records, and add a <Save> command 
> >> button, you should get "a new blank form".  If you're asking how to have it 
> >[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]
> >> 
> >> .
> 
> -- 
> Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
3/19/2010 7:55:01 PM
I am using tab, and the cycle control is set to all records. Still doesn't 
work.

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 07:45:01 -0700, JMD.Park
> <JMDPark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> 
> >is there a way to have a new blank form start after entering last input of 
> >information? Thanks in advance for the help!
> 
> If the "Cycle" property of the form is set to the default "All Records", and
> you use the Enter or Tab key on the keyboard to move from control to control
> (rather than the mouse), Access will indeed move to a blank new record after
> the last control in the form's tab order.
> 
> If you're using the mouse exclusively, then Access may not have any way to
> know when you're done.
> -- 
> 
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .
> 
0
Utf
3/19/2010 8:02:02 PM
Is working now, have to tab through buttons. Thanks!

"JMD.Park" wrote:

> I am using tab, and the cycle control is set to all records. Still doesn't 
> work.
> 
> "John W. Vinson" wrote:
> 
> > On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 07:45:01 -0700, JMD.Park
> > <JMDPark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > 
> > >is there a way to have a new blank form start after entering last input of 
> > >information? Thanks in advance for the help!
> > 
> > If the "Cycle" property of the form is set to the default "All Records", and
> > you use the Enter or Tab key on the keyboard to move from control to control
> > (rather than the mouse), Access will indeed move to a blank new record after
> > the last control in the form's tab order.
> > 
> > If you're using the mouse exclusively, then Access may not have any way to
> > know when you're done.
> > -- 
> > 
> >              John W. Vinson [MVP]
> > .
> > 
0
Utf
3/19/2010 8:55:02 PM
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:55:02 -0700, JMD.Park
<JMDPark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is working now, have to tab through buttons. Thanks!
>

aha!!!

You can set the Tab Stop proprety of a control to No if you want to avoid this
hassle. On the other hand, it's often helpful to have buttons in the tab
sequence - you can click the button by tabbing to it and pressing the
spacebar, and never need to touch the mouse at all.
-- 

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
3/19/2010 9:22:43 PM
Sounds like you might have entered the code directly in the properties sheet,
not in the event procedure.  To enter code in an event procedure you select
the event property in the properties sheet, click the ‘build’ button (the one
with the three dots), select ‘code builder’, then enter the code in the VBA
window which opens.

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

JMD.Park wrote:
>Receive error "can't find the object 'DoCmd'"
>
>> In the AfterUpdate event procedure of the control in question put the
>> following code:
>[quoted text clipped - 22 lines]
>> >> 
>> >> .

-- 
Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com

0
KenSheridan
3/19/2010 10:53:25 PM
Tried in event procedure still not recognising docmd.

"KenSheridan via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Sounds like you might have entered the code directly in the properties sheet,
> not in the event procedure.  To enter code in an event procedure you select
> the event property in the properties sheet, click the ‘build’ button (the one
> with the three dots), select ‘code builder’, then enter the code in the VBA
> window which opens.
> 
> Ken Sheridan
> Stafford, England
> 
> JMD.Park wrote:
> >Receive error "can't find the object 'DoCmd'"
> >
> >> In the AfterUpdate event procedure of the control in question put the
> >> following code:
> >[quoted text clipped - 22 lines]
> >> >> 
> >> >> .
> 
> -- 
> Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
3/24/2010 2:27:01 PM
I think I will stick with the second option. Thanks.

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:55:02 -0700, JMD.Park
> <JMDPark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> 
> >Is working now, have to tab through buttons. Thanks!
> >
> 
> aha!!!
> 
> You can set the Tab Stop proprety of a control to No if you want to avoid this
> hassle. On the other hand, it's often helpful to have buttons in the tab
> sequence - you can click the button by tabbing to it and pressing the
> spacebar, and never need to touch the mouse at all.
> -- 
> 
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .
> 
0
Utf
3/24/2010 2:28:02 PM
Check that you have no missing or broken references.

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

JMD.Park wrote:
>I am using tab, and the cycle control is set to all records. Still doesn't 
>work.
>
>> >is there a way to have a new blank form start after entering last input of 
>> >information? Thanks in advance for the help!
>[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
>> If you're using the mouse exclusively, then Access may not have any way to
>> know when you're done.

-- 
Message posted via AccessMonster.com
http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/201003/1

0
KenSheridan
3/24/2010 3:46:58 PM
Changed tab stop to no. Thanks to everyone for help

"KenSheridan via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Check that you have no missing or broken references.
> 
> Ken Sheridan
> Stafford, England
> 
> JMD.Park wrote:
> >I am using tab, and the cycle control is set to all records. Still doesn't 
> >work.
> >
> >> >is there a way to have a new blank form start after entering last input of 
> >> >information? Thanks in advance for the help!
> >[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
> >> If you're using the mouse exclusively, then Access may not have any way to
> >> know when you're done.
> 
> -- 
> Message posted via AccessMonster.com
> http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/201003/1
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
3/30/2010 12:36:17 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Inserting a picture in the message body of a custom form
Trying to insert a company logo in the body of a custom form I've created for our company. Here is the format that I'm trying: Sub Item_Send() Dim Message Message = "Here is our company logo<P>" Message = Message & "<IMG SRC=PICTURE LOCATION>" Item.HTMLbody = Message End Sub The image source is currently on my desktop for now, though I plan to put it on our server once I've been able to successfully load the picture. I'll send the email to myself but I just get the "X" when I open it. Is there a problem with the for...

New community is out there
http://www.RMSExperts.com Check it out. RMS Partners-Addin Builders: welcome to upload your trial versions for public access and eval. Post your product reviews, editorials, suggestions - everyone is welcome. Regards, Wow, nice website. This is what I needed when I first started looking for info about RMS. Hopefully, Digital Retail Solutions, Retail Realm and others will add their demo add-in software so we can see ALL of what is available and not have to hunt down various websites. You need a CUSTOMER REVIEW of the add-ins!!!!! RetailHero(tm) wrote: > http://www.RMSExperts.com...

Setting up new user
Hello Can anyone help with the following: When I try to set up a new users exchange account on outlook 2003 I het the following error. "Unable to open the default e-mail folder. You must connect to you Microsoft Exchange Server computer with the current profile before you can synchronize your folders with the offline folder file." ...

New Exchange 2003 user
Hi, First the problem: I have two domains. One is Domain1 with most of my servers on it. The second, domain2, has my exchange 2003 server on it only. I had no control of this by the way. Anyway, I created a user on the exchange 2003 and disabled it, associated it with the user on domain1, and when I try to connect to the exchange 2003 mailbox using outlook 2003, it asks for username and password. Now, let me give a little background: I have just finshed migrating from a Windows NT 4 and exchange 5.5 environment that was on Domain3. I migrated all the users, printers, files server...

move contacts to new address book
OK, Im stuck. How do I move contact information from my contacts folder to a new subfolder (called business contacts)? Your help appreciated GurBuX SinGH If you have both contacts 'folders' then just open the one you want to move data from and try the drag and drop method. Highlight multiple entries as necessary and go for it. "Raeco" <raecogeo@telus.net> wrote in message news:Sdxvc.1769$jl6.1387@edtnps89... > OK, Im stuck. > > How do I move contact information from my contacts folder to a new subfolder > (called business contacts)? > > Your hel...

Restoring older money version to new
Does anyone know how to restore my backup from Money 3.0 to either Money 98 or 2002? Yes. I'm assuming you've tried this some way and failed, but you provide no clues to go on as to what problems you may be having. Have you tried File|Restore? Double click on a .MBF file from Windows Explorer? "Cindy" <Bobcindy03@aol.com> wrote in message news:36a101c37471$317c9300$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to restore my backup from Money 3.0 > to either Money 98 or 2002? ...

entering numbers with 0 in front of them
I am trying to make a chart where the numbers happened to be listed with 0s as the first number 0133, 0244 and so on but excel won't let me leave the zero in front it keeps removing it. Anyone know how to turn this function off. Thanks <Format> <Cells> <Number> tab, Click "Custom" and enter: 0000 into the "Type" box, <OK> -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Sha" <anonymous@discussions.micro...

Spell Check Haulted- New & Replies
I am a former OE user, but switched to Wind 7 & LiveMail. I saw all the notes here on the spell check in Wind Live Mail, but mine still does not work. I tried the settings different ways and found spell check will not auto check new messages or replies. I can only get the spell check to underline misspelled words in red. I can't even click the ABC icon or Tools Spell Check to get the spell check to run. So what happens if I really don't know how to spell a word (not just a typing mistake)? Humm, there are some out there! Do I have to resort to what I do wi...

Unable To Add Records Via Form
Hello, I'm fairly new to Access so I'm not sure if this is an easy one for all of you... I'm running Access 2003. I have two tables and created a relationship between 1 field in table1 and 1 field in table2. The type of relationship is to only display rows where the fields are equal. I created a form using fields from table1 and table2. The data displays correctly in the form, however when I try to add a new record the add record arrow is greyed out. Also, if I try to edit any existing fields, it does not allow me to. No error, just unable to edit the fields. Is ther...

Any way to autosave new file with creation date as filename?
Recently started using excel, and have started to realised just ho powerful it is. I have found the help files extremely useful, and hav managed to do pretty much all I wanted bar 2 things. The main problem have been unable to solve is: I have created a workbook template which contains 6 worksheets - on for each of Monday-Friday, and a summary sheet. The daily sheets ar used to input sales figures for 5 members of staff. What I would like to happen is: When the new workbook is created at the start of a week (monday), th relevant date is entered for each day (eg 1 Jan 2005) into the top le...

High CPU when using New Tab Option in IE7
When I specify 'Open Pop-Ups in New Tab' in IE7, some pages (Invoice fo example) sometimes takes minutes to close, even when just 'X'ing the window. Nothing is being saved, there is Jscript on the Save event but I tested with an alert and the JS is not being executed. The client CPU drives to 50-100% while the window goes blank. Switching back to windowed mode, or IE6, seems to fix the problem. Anyone heard of this or having similar problems? -- Thanx Grizz I was having the same issue with loading pages in CRM. Speaking with MS Tech Support the other day, they stated th...

Problems linking the fields in two forms
I created a command button on my form so that I can open up another form to save space and make it look neater on my main form. The common field between these two forms is the PO (Purchase Order) number but the subform that opens up does not autopopulate that same number from the primary form - how can I fix this? -- Kenji Could you explain how you open the secondary form (not subform)? Macro? What action(s)? Code? What lines? -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at m...

Is restoring the last known good configuration
Is restoring the last known good configuration the same as restoring the previous registry? b11_ wrote: > Is restoring the last known good configuration the same as > restoring the previous registry? System related registry - yes. -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html In news:uaNWOXrdKHA.1592@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl, Shenan Stanley <newshelper@gmail.com> typed: > b11_ wrote: >> Is restoring the last known good configuration the same as >> restoring the previous...

How can I change the color of the cell when someone enter any number or character?
Hi... =) I am trying to build a templete with a list of questions where the users will answer YES or NO. Please help me to change the color of the cell to Green if they answer yes, and Red if they answer no. Thank you, Sajan Look at conditional formatting in help. -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Saz" <Sajan.sajan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1187012731.422148.93690@l70g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hi... =) I am trying to build a templete with a list of questions > where the users will answer YES or ...

Search Forms
I have a switchboard and a main client form. On the main client form I used the combo box wizard to create a searching combo box-the user selects the client name from the box and is taken to the first match (no filter, uses the FindFind method). I also have another combo box on my switch board as a shortcut. The user can select the client's name from that list and go directly to the client page with the matching last name. That combo is using a filtering method which is causing an error that forces the entire access program to quit. I'm think that if I can search without usi...

Creating a new document by adding other documents
I am using word 2007. I need to create a new single document from three existing documents. All docs are word 2003. Also how do I lock each page in the documents from changing when editing? I'd use the Insert File dialog box (Insert tab | Object | Text from File in Word 2007) to bring the documents together; that will also give you a "preview" of which format changes (if any) that you may have to deal with in the process. On the other hand, if you want to preserve formatting (as indicated by your final question), it would be easier to create three PDFs and then ...

Outlook form controls
I added a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet control to an outlook form and published the form to a personal folder. The form was based on a Task template. I added a new Task folder and set it to open the new form with the Excel control. When I tried to use the form, the data entered into the Excel spreadsheet would not "bind" with the form after saving. Is there someway to save the data in the Outlook 2003 form so that each time the form is opened is will have the data from the last time that instance of the form was saved? ...

Distribute campaign activity with a custom form
Hi all, I need to customize the "letter" activity form with new fields. Then within a campaign, I want to distribute using the canal "letter" a campaign activity but unfortunatly, CRM cancels the distributing process with the error : "L'opération Campagne rapide n'a pas pu être exécutée en raison d'une erreur : 0x80041103. Pour plus d'informations, contactez votre administrateur système." It works perfectly if I leave the letter custom fields empty before distribution, but if I want to fill these fields with a defaul...

copy & paste worksheet with print settings into new worksheet
How do I copy the current month's report into a new worksheet and keep the print settinds of the original worksheet in the new worksheet? Not by copy/pasting cells. You can right-click on the sheet tab and "Move or copy" Check "create a copy" and select where you want copy of the sheet to be inserted. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 04:17:02 -0800, Larry Ohio <Larry Ohio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I copy the current month's report into a new worksheet and keep the >print settinds of the original works...

New Case Creation
Hi - When i go to create a new Support case through CRM, i seem to only have 2 choices in the customer field. Account and Contact. So when i wish to create a pre-sales upport case, e.g. for a Lead, i am kinda left without an option...Any ideas how i get the lead linked into this customer field? Many thanks Victor Hi Victor, Just posted this answer to another thread, but I'm including it here as well: It's not possible to do it. All customer fields in CRM can only be linked to accounts or contacts. In CRM's philosophy a lead is an unqualified contact and therefore cannot c...

What's the difference between "new" and "GlobalAlloc" ?
What's the difference between "new" and "GlobalAlloc" ? When to use "new" ? when to use "GlobalAlloc" ? I think new operator can repalce GlobalAlloc() function at all condition, is it right? What's your opinion? Thanks! youhua.wang wrote: >What's the difference between "new" and "GlobalAlloc" ? > >When to use "new" ? when to use "GlobalAlloc" ? > >I think new operator can repalce GlobalAlloc() function at all condition, is >it right? > >What's your opinion? Use Glo...

Access 97 DataBase Size After Importing to new Access 2000 Database
Hi, I have recently migrated a backend Access 97 mdb file to Access 2000 version, i could not just convert using database utilities Convert Database, so I created a blank database in access 2000, and imported all the tables to new Access database, the number of tables and records in both database versions looks like same to me, but the initial access 97 version database size is 280MB, later new access 2000 version database size is just 13MB, can any one please tell me why the size difference is so much between two versions. Thanks, VT Hi VT, Probably your Access 97 mdb hadn't bee...

add size option to excel form checkbox
After fielding numerous complaints about the loss of this feature, Please return the ability to change the actual size of the checkbox (the GRAPHIC) so that forms don't end up printing and displaying in an unbalanced manner. The simplest implementation would be to allow the box to scale with the grab points. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestio...

If .NET 4.0 is new.....
If .NET 4.0 is a completely new framework, will anything compiled for 1.0 up to 3.5 work with only 4.0 installed? -- Tim. The comments I've seen in other places say you must have the previous versions installed or 4.0 won't install and/or run. "Tim Munro" <Excelsior@Liamtoh.moc> wrote in message news:%235gAFT46KHA.5708@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > If .NET 4.0 is a completely new framework, will anything compiled for 1.0 > up to 3.5 work with only 4.0 installed? > > -- > Tim. > > "Jerry" <ChiefZekeNoSpam@...

Mail Merge
How do I get company names that start with "The" to format correctly in a mail merge, as opposed to putting it at the end as ",The" ? ...