ODBC Error Message: Configuration Process Failed...

A second error appears that says "Could not write to registry".  I have an
ODBC connection that our team added to a number of users machines.  Through a
button it is pulling information from an Access DB.  The connection worked,
when set-up, on all but about 6 machines.  The errors, as mentioned above,
were "Configuration Process Failed" and "Could not write to registry".  I
have been unsuccessful in locating a topic in forums, help files, etc,
related to this.  Has anyone seen this before?  Do you know a solution?
Thank you!
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Error sending mail from web client

Win98 SE, Office 2000: ODBC from Excel behaves strangely on one computer
Hi When I create an ODBC query from another Excel workbook, using query wizard, then usually after I select the workbook as data source, in wizard's next window all available tables (defined non-dynamic named ranges in this workbook) are displayed, ans I'm asked to select columns. The source workbook remains closed. Now in one single computer, after I select the workbook as data source, this workbook is opened and recalculated automatically, and only after that the wizard continues with next window. And when I open some workbook, containing such ODBC query, or when I try to refresh s...

Unexpected type for property Error (800404cc)
I am receiving an “Unexpected type for property” error (800404cc) when I attempt to update the Template entity using the following code. (CRM services set up here) template template = new template(); template.title = "Client System Setup"; template.templateid = new Key(); template.templateid.Value = new Guid("0c9e6c54-ec23-db11-84ef-0030482f095c"); service.Update(template); (or) (CRM services set up here) template template = new template(); template.title = "Client System Setup"; template.templateid = new Key(); template.templateid.Value = new Guid("0c9e...

Error with combobox control on standard toolbar
i have code which creates a combobox control on standard toolbar on microsoft excel. i have a bug in this code ... dono where i have gone wrong ..... hope anyone can help me with this ... Option Explicit Sub AddComboNavigation() Dim cBar As CommandBar Dim c As CommandBarComboBox Dim i As Integer =91 Set reference to standard toolbar Set cBar =3D Application.CommandBars(=93standard=94) cBar.Reset =91Add Combobox Control Set c =3D cBar.Controls.Add(msoControlComboBox, 1) With c .Clear For i =3D 1 To ThisWorkbook.Sheets.Count .AddItem ThisWo...

XSL Error with document() function
Can someone please explain why this happens? The expected output is 3, but uncommenting line 7 makes the output 0. Why ??? VB.NET code: ** note the commented line, this is the culprit ** Dim xsl As New System.Xml.Xsl.XslTransform() Dim xw As New System.IO.StringWriter() Dim xmldoc As New System.Xml.XmlDocument() Dim xsldoc As New System.Xml.XmlDocument() xmldoc.Load("test.xml") xsldoc.Load("test.xsl") 'xsldoc.LoadXml(xsldoc.OuterXml) xsl.Load(xsldoc.CreateNavigator) xsl.Transform(xmldoc.CreateNa...

Message POP of new email at web
i m willing to have a setup like ..if i recieve a email at my address thats ali@mydom.com account of exchange server......what i want to do is , if i recieve any email on my accout of exchange ali@mydom.com, i shell get a messege in my yahoo accout that i have recived an email. Wating for the valueble advices. Regards, ...

Outlook 2003 Error #12
I get an error in Outlook 2003 whenever I try to Send/Receive email. The error message is The operation Failed. An object could not be found. When I run a test to see if my account is configured it passes. I tried running a repair from the Office 2003 cd then I uninstalled Outlook 2003 and installed it again with the same error. I am running this on a freshly installed Windows XP SP1 on a Dell Dimension8300. Any suggestions Thanks ...

windows message
something is stopping my print spoolerfrom working I have a e-machine with Vista home. windows keeps popping up saying.. spooler subsystem app stopped working and was closed... does anyone know what that means?? thank you -- patty319 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ patty319's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/252625.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1355715.htm http://forums.techarena.in patty319 wrote: > something is stopping my print spoolerfrom working > > I have a e-mac...

Configuring Trend IMSS7.1 with Exchange 2007
Hi All, Its new setup Firewall: Fortigate 80C Server : Exchange 2007 (Mail Box , Hub transport & OWA) Server : Redhat Linux With Trend Micro Inter Scan Messaging Security Suite(7.1). i want to configure. Incoming Mails Flow chart : Firewall --> Trend Micro IMSS --> Exchange --> Users OWA has been Published with ISA2006. Intranet mails Working . Kindly help me to configure External mails sending and Receiving Kindly Help me how to configure the connective in between all the three. ...

Outlook CRM client connect error after password change
When a laptop users changes their password when prompted, they launch the web version of CRM fine. But the Outlook client fails with the failure to load crm funtionality error because it can't authenticate. I have cleared out the IE passwords and locked the workstation to update with windows password cache but the Outlook client still fails. Where else could the password be stored or cached? Andrew. Update password at below location: Start >> Settings >> Control Panel >> User Accounts >> SELECT YOUR USERNAME >> Manage my network passwords I hope t...

Odbc #2
I have created a spreadsheet to extract data from Sage accounts usin ODBC. My accounts package is multi-company so there is a separate dat source for each company. These data sources contain exactly the sam fields but different data. I would like to use the same spreadsheet with a new data source probably by making a copy of it and somehow pointing the existing quer to one of the other data sources. Can this be done or do I just hav to start again -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Out of memory error
Our group has developed an excel spreadsheet for our reps in the field. Each time a new contact is made, a new worksheet is created within the spreadsheet. After three worksheets are opened, the reps are receiving an "out of memory error". The laptops have 256 megs of memory, running Windows 2000, so they shouldn't be running out of memory. Is there a way to limit amount of memory used? I can't create multiple spreadsheets, only worksheets within one spreadsheet. There may be as many as 12 worksheets within one spreadsheet. I had this problem as well when my default...

Public Folder Mail Not Delivered
I'm having a problem with mail not being delivered to one public folder - the issue cropped up out of the blue. I migrated our Exchange 2000 server to a new 2003 server a few weeks back - the 2000 server is still on (and off and on), but hosts no mailboxes or public folders (public folders were replicated and then removed). A few days back, mail stopped being delivered to a public folder, and in ESM, I get the "Mail proxy for this folder cannot be found. c1028a21" error. KB article 278441 doesn't exactly apply - I get none of the Events it identifies in my logs, and I veri...

Error Message #20
I've been using MM for about 4 years and recently I have been having trouble when I try to click on the "bills" section. Everytime I try to go to the "bills" section, the program informs me that it has encountered an error and needs to close. Other aspects of my file seem unharmed. Any suggestions? File|Repair? "Jessica" <Jessica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2EF82BA-B490-46FE-87AE-0E192062C119@microsoft.com... > I've been using MM for about 4 years and recently I have been having > trouble > when I try to click...

odbc
instead of converting from excel to access, and cut and paste. Is it possible to make an ODBC connection to an ACCESS database that has many calculations Um, doesn't it depend on how the calculations are done? If there are queries that include user-defined functions, you're not going to be able to use them through ODBC. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele "david epsom dot com dot au" <david@epsomdotcomdotau> wrote in message news:#a8OyOfaDHA.1744@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Yes. > "Daina" <dainadane@hotmail.com> wrote in...

All sent messages returned.
I have had an ongoing issue with XS 5.5. Al will be well for a week or so, then no one can send e-mail. I have found that most of the time there are serveral messages in the incoming SMTP queue that have a tatus of "Retry". If a delete these messages that the system begins to functions properly. I am running Symantec's SPAM filter, so I don't think a spammer is shutting me down, or at least I hop that is not the case. However, I did note that the messages that are hung up are from suspicious URLs. Now the good part. Today it happened again and I a have not been a...

Windows Mail
I have Windows Vista fully up to date with Norton 360 also up to date. When I download POP emails into the inbox of Windows Mail all is good but when I move them to newly created folders within WM, they show as present in the lists but on double clicking, they are not present and the message 'mail not found appears'. It appears to be spreading and I am seeing numerous reports of other people having the same problem recently. There is no point telling me that the windows mail folder must be corrupt because that is obvious and the 3rd Party WMUtil has no effect on this prob...

odbc
I've got a problem with inserting image to database. I've got a CByteArray m_pic and CFile file: [...] file.Open(filePath, CFile::modeRead | CFile::shareDenyNone); m_pic.SetSize(file.GetLength()); [...] How can I send it to database now? If I want to update record in database i usually do it like that: [...] CString SQL; SQL.Format("update TABLE set FIELD='%s' where id=%u", newFieldValue, id); dataBase DB; if(!DB.db.IsOpen()){ if(!DB.DBConnect()) return -1; } DB.db.ExecuteSQL(SQL); [...] ArtuS ...

unresolved external error
hi, can anybody help me. ************i have header file like************ typedef enum _SIM_ERROR_CATEGORY { SIM_API_DATA_FORMAT_ERROR = 1, SIM_API_INVALID_DATA = 2, SIM_API_MEMORY_ERROR = 3, SIM_API_INTERNAL_ERROR = 4, ............................. }; class CSimTrace { public: ............ CSimString & GetErrorDescription(_SIM_ERROR_CATEGORY ErrorCategory = SIM_API_INTERNAL_ERROR, LPCTSTR szStringConst = NULL, DWORD dwExtra = 0); ............ }; inline CSimString ERROR_DESCRIPTION(_SIM_ERROR_CATEGORY ErrorCategory = SIM_API_INTERNAL_ERROR, LPCTSTR szStringConst = NU...

Insert a hyperlink to section of Word doc in an outlook message
We run Outlook 2003 and Word 2000 on Windows XP. I'm wondering if it's possible to have a hyperlink in an email message that links to a particular section of a Word document. We have an office manual and when alterations get made, I email all staff and advise that Chapter XX of the manual has been amended and I've just been cutting and pasting that chapter of the manual to the notification email. I've worked out how to create a link to the manual, but not to link specifically to a particular chapter. I work for lazy people who will complain if they have to get to Chapter XX ...

Help error 9325 for offline address book
Almost all my accounts are NOT showing up in the offline address book. With full logging turned on I am getting eventID 9325. There is nothing obviously different with the email addresses for these accounts and the ones that are showing up. I have searched and searched and cannot find a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated TIA...Bob Fuzzy Logic <bob@arc.ab.caREMOVETHIS> wrote in news:Xns97327C5CA58AEbobarcabca@207.46.248.16: > Almost all my accounts are NOT showing up in the offline address book. > With full logging turned on I am getting eventID 9325. There is n...

ODBC Pass-Through Queries
Is there a way to pass parameters to a server via ODBC Pass-Through queries in Access? Example: Doing a "select * from ThisTable" on a certain table in Oracle 10g at work (or linking to it via Access) produces errors when viewing the table. Namely the error in question is "Insufficient parallel query slaves available". This can be easily fixed in a native Oracle session by issuing the following commands: ALTER SESSION SET PARALLEL_MIN_PERCENT=0; SELECT * FROM ThisTable; This changes the session so that if there aren't enough parallel query slaves available to...

Cannot delete message in inbox
Windows VISTA Outlook Express Inbox has unread message "FW: commercial" Cannot read it, cannot delete it (an unknown error has occured). Any ideas would be hekpful harryvpo@hotmail.com "Harry Lippitz" <johnsmith@micro$oft.com> wrote in message news:2qE1k.8019$R_4.6620@newsb.telia.net... > Windows VISTA > Outlook Express Vista does not use Outlook Express - it uses Windows Mail. Open your email program and click on Help-About and tell us whether you have Outlook or Windows Mail.... As Gordon points out, there is no Outlook Express for Vista, what you'...

MS Money 2007 fails to start
When attempting to start, the error message "Money was unable to load the registration library (dll)." appears. No recent changes to the machine or software. OS is XP sp2. Any ideas? Thanks... ...

my free 60 day trial won't let me send messages-stuck in outbox?
emails are stuck in outbox-when I open and try to switch to a folder and then send that doesn't work either. hmm?? You must activate the trial version of Office to get it to work. Then you need to set up your accounts properly. Get the settings for your ISP's servers from them. You cannot use Outlook for free HTTP mail accts. "starj1900" wrote: > emails are stuck in outbox-when I open and try to switch to a folder and then > send that doesn't work either. hmm?? "starj1900" <starj1900@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E96AE86...