Number Field in Table

Can I stop a record being saved if the number is 0 in a number field in my
table?

--
Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob
MS Access 2007 accdb

0
Bob
2/10/2010 8:25:25 AM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I suppose >0 in validation rule would do it?

"Bob Vance" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
> Can I stop a record being saved if the number is 0 in a number field in my
> table?
>
> --
> Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob
> MS Access 2007 accdb
> Windows  XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3

0
Bob
2/10/2010 9:29:59 AM
Hi Bob,

Open the table in design mode, select the field in question and in the field
properties (at the bottom) enter <>0 in the validation rule line.  You can
put text for an error message in the validation text line if you dont want
the standard error message.

Hth
Stu

"Bob Vance" wrote:

> Can I stop a record being saved if the number is 0 in a number field in my
> table?
>
> --
> Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob
> MS Access 2007 accdb
> Windows  XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3
>

> .

Yeah, unless you are likely to have negative numbers?

Stu

"Bob Vance" wrote:

> I suppose >0 in validation rule would do it?
>
> "Bob Vance" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
> > Can I stop a record being saved if the number is 0 in a number field in my
> > table?
> >
> > --
> > Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob
> > MS Access 2007 accdb
> > Windows  XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3
> >

> .

Adding a row to a protected table
Graham Mayor provides a macro that is extremely helpful to me in a project I am working on entitled: "An alternative method of adding a row to a protected table " (http://www.gmayor.com/word_vba_examples.htm). What I am having trouble with is identifying the number of the table. I have a lengthy document and over time some tables have been added or deleted, and I am suspecting that I my table numbers are 'out-there.' I have a commandbutton running the above macro and if I tested the macro to add rows to tables 1-4 and it works fine. However, I cannot seem t...

Access -> Excel: How to export fields > 255 characters
Dear newsgroup I have seen that there are a couple of similar threads in other newsgroups and there are also some documents in the ms knowledgebase. Anyhow I would like to know whether it is possible or not to export data from access fields > than 255 characters. My problem is that I have a database containing some product information. Now I have to deliver some of the data to an external marketing platform and they are using excel sheets as standardized data exchange format. I need to put a longer description into one cell in this excel sheet but I only can store 255 characters. B...

Numbering
Can I enter numbers in a cross functional flowchart? On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 12:07:02 -0700, carosaam <carosaam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I enter numbers in a cross functional flowchart? Yes. Do you mean for the process names or function names? Yes. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/ Electrical for Visio http://www.electrical.sandrila.co.uk/ Electronics Packages for Visio http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

How do I expand the number of characters in Access comment box?
I am using Access 2007 and want to be able to include more than 250 characters in a "Comment" box. Hi, You could try changing your table's field type to Memo. Assuming that your are talking about a field in a table, that maybe shows on a form. If that is not the case, please describe precisely what comment box your are attempting to use. Clifford Bass Pearlene wrote: >I am using Access 2007 and want to be able to include more than 250 >characters in a "Comment" box. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

negative number to positive number
How can I change a negative number to positive number Multiply by -1 or use the ABS() function. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "fgiord" <fgiord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62C2A6DA-7AC2-4379-AEFC-B3D6F3698E58@microsoft.com... > How can I change a negative number to positive number =ABS(##) or mult it by -1 -- Regards Rob "fgiord" <fgiord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62C2A6DA-7AC2-4379-AEFC-B3D6F3698E58@microsoft.com... > How can I chan...

Fomatting amount fields w/ proper currency symbol using SQL Report
Entered in a transaction using currency id Z-EURO. Standard GP report pulls the correct currency symbol. When creating this report using SQL Reporting Services the Currency Symbol for the Amounts are pulling in '$' and not the EURO symbol. How would I accomplish formatting amount fields with the proper currency i.e (EURO, YEN or USD)? ...

Copy field data to a different field on the same table
Hello, I am looking to get help in copying field data information into another field on the same table. For example I enter data in Field1 and it copies automatically into Field2. Can it be done? I know the risk of redundancy, but is a formating issue when connecting to queries in other databases, doesn't like the formating this field has. Thanks! Maria Rather than storing the data redundantly, why not create a query that formats the data as necessary, and use the query wherever you would otherwise have used the table? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele...

Hide page numbers for mutliple discontiquous levels
Hi: I need to hide the page numbers for levels 1 and 7 in my TOC. I used the \n switch to hide level 1, but cannot find a way to specify multiple ranges for this switch. Is there a way to do this? I am using Word 2003. Phil You have to use a trick. See the "Omitting page numbers for noncontiguous levels" section of http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm#OmitPageNumbers -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Phillip Llacuna" <phillip.v.llacuna@lmco.com> wrote in me...

1-52 pages, 8,000 employee numbers
Dear Excel, I have the ultimate challenge: to do job books for 8,000 employees. The form is completed, but the request is to make booklets of 52 pages for each employee. Each page of the booklet must also have each employee's number on it (0001 to 8000). Each page o fthe booklet must be numbered with the week number from 01 to 52. Therefore I need to auto generate 416,000 pages. Ridiculous I know but nobody listens to us! How can I export the above scenario to PDF from Excel? Thanks On Apr 19, 2:17=A0pm, gatecrasherg13 gatecrasherg13 <gatecrasher...@gmail.com> wr...

Sequential numbering in Number field
When I am entering transactions manually, I will put "Debit" or "VISA" to indicate how the withdrawl was made. When I download my account information, Money05 overwrites this with a sequential number. I have to go into the entry a second time to redo my change. Does anyone know how to turn this "feature" off? I want my values used - sequential numbering does not help me in the slightest. This is not a "feature" you can turn off. It's a reflection of the basic premise of downloaded transaction data. The presumption with downloading data...

How to define cells so that only numbers can be filled?
Hi, How could I format cells in excel so that only numbers can be filled The input should be integer e.g. between 0...99 and cells shoud no accept any other marks, such as space, letters... simply nothing els but integers. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Juha! Try: Data > Validation You'll find it pretty intuitive and very flexible as to what you can do as far a restricting input to a cell. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available fre...

Update using specified field
For simplicity sake, let's say i have two tables Table_1: ID Name Field3 Field 4 And Table_2 Field_Name ID_Number Result I want to be able to type in Table_2: Field_Name: Name ID_Number: 24--Relationship to Table_1 Result: Then run an update query that looks at Field_Name and ID_Number from Table_1 to update the Result field. I can't figure out how to turn the value for Field_Name into linking information. MAJICMnt wrote: >For simplicity sake, let's say i have two tables > >Table_1: >ID >Name >Field3 >Field 4 > >And Table_2 >Field_Name >ID...

Number of Cells in a column
Hi, I want to add this formula in my ESS. COUNTIF(sheet1!S2:S43,"*Yes*") to find out the number of value containing "YES". My concern is I don't have fixed count from S2 to S43. It could be something else. What can I do to have this code reusable? I thought something like COUNTIF(Sheet!S2:Count($S2),"*Yes*") \But it doesnt work Thanks for your help Jack Try this if there is nothing else in that column:- =COUNTIF(sheet1!S:S,"*Yes*") -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - ...

General Number Format Changed
Excel 2003 on XP I have a collegue who's Excel setting for General number format displays as 0.1 instead of 1 in the sample box. ie if you type in "1" you get "0.1", if you type in ".1" (as in 0.1) you get "1". Where in the settings can this General format be returned to standard? Many thanks DeanH Sorry that should have been: ie if you type in "1" you get "0.1", if you type in "1." (as in 1.0) you get "1". "DeanH" wrote: > Excel 2003 on XP > I have a collegue who's Excel setting for G...

Numbering, revisited
While there are already a lot of posts about numbering, I haven't been able to find the solutions for my specific quandry... [BTW, I'm posting this under "General" even though ultimately I'd like to make macros to support the answer -- since a manual solution needs to be the first step! :) ] Background: My workgroup is preparing to migrate to Word 2007 very soon. We create/maintain hundreds of large procedure manuals, each containing multiple chapters (sometimes up to 40-50 per manual). Each chapter consists of steps, using multi-level numbered lists...

transaction number in PC Charge
Is there any way to manage the fields that should go to PC Charge while tendering credit cards in RMS. The problem is that transaction number ( called Ticket in PC Charge) doesn't appear in PC Charge and that cost as extra money. Regards, Ewa ...

Limit number of characters in a cell
Hi, Is there a way to limit the number of characters that a user can key into a cell. I want to get a list of names and addresses imputted by user, but I don't want them to be more than 35 characters. Thanks for the help Dr. Senji Take a look at Data|Validation. You can have excel yell at the user when they hit enter after typing in a too-long string. Dr Senji wrote: > > Hi, > > Is there a way to limit the number of characters that a user can key into a > cell. > > I want to get a list of names and addresses imputted by user, but I don't > want the...

a drop down field WITH the ability of free input
I would like to be able to create a drop down field WITH the ability of free input thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a02bd60d-12b8-4620-8a83-52ee95f5b...

Case, Quote numbering
We should have the ability to number the cases without having a suffix. If we do have a suffix, we should be able to define the suffix. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defa...

Adding a drop-down form field into individual cell
Hi, I�m tabulating data for a report and one field (column) is limited t two options (non numerical data). I would like to insert a drop-dow menu into individual cells in this column. When an option is selecte in the drop-down, I will only be using the data in that column to sort not calculate. Is this possible, and if so how do I do it? Any help i appreciated -- jcstoddar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jcstoddard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1485 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthr...

Rounding numbers to the nearest thousand
Simple question (i hope) Is there a simple way i can round numbers to the nearest thousand by using the format cells command. For example i would like to display 1,234.56 as 12 I don't want to be diving by 1000 and rounding to zero decimal places because i still want the whole number displayed in the formula bar when selecting it. i use excel 2003 thanx Mark Format the number as #,##0,;-#,##0, or similar. Not the comma at the end - this tells Excel to display as thousands (two commas here will display as millions). Note that 1,234.56 will display as 1 (thousand) not 12. "...

Append many queries to tables
I'm trying to automate the running of 8 queries that append to 3 different existing tables (for example): qry1, qry2, qry3 appends to tbl1. qry4, qry5, qry6 appends to tbl2. qry7, qry8 appends to tbl3. I've been doing this process manually, the tables already exist with the proper field names that align with the field names in the qry's. There is no duplication of fields between qrys or tbls. Since I do this once every week I have to first make a blank copy of each table (keeping the original field names and settings only), then I delete the old table and then I append each...

sorting numbers and numbers that contain text in excel
A column contains both strictly numbers and also numbers that are followed by text (e.g., row 1: 1000, row 2: 1500; row 3: 1000a; row 4: 1500a) Identical numbers are related documents, with the text suffixes referring to addenda documents; thus, document 1000 has an addendum document 1000a; How can I sort the column so in the following order: row 1 (1000), row 3 (1000a), row 2 (1500), row 4 (1500a)? Thank you -- MZ =TEXT(A1,"0") will turn each into text, then sort by that helper column (and don't accept Excel's suggestion to treat text that looks like number...

Form of phone numbers in contact list
I am using Blackberry's Desktop Software to syncronize with my MS Outlook Contacts list. The onboard caller-id function of the phone that is supposed to correlate the incoming phone number to a name of a contact (should the number be in my contacts list) isn't working. According to help from Blackberry the problem is the "form" of the numbers as they're being loaded on the Blackberry from MS Outlook. Specifically, apparently the fact that the numbers are stored in the form of (###) ###-#### instead of something like ###-###-#### is keeping the phone from realizi...

get data from a table not in a query
Hi all. I have the following issue: I have a query with the following tables: WCust, WFees, and RateType. The WCust contains customer name, address, etc., WFees contains vaious fees paid, and RateType contains 3 different rate types and the rates specific to each type. The RateType table stores rates for retail customers. If type "B" then 20rate = .75 and if type "T" then 20rate = 1.25. My issue is that the wholesale customer sells to both types "B" and "T". So when using a form called WCustFees and entering total cartons sold to type "...