Not So Long Date Format

Hi,

      I have a customer that wants to see dates printed on her reports
as:  October 8, 2007.

      When I look at the pre-defined date formats, I see Medium Date
which is 08-OCT-07 and I see LongDate which will give me: Monday,
October 8, 2007.

      How do I get the format for which my customer is asking.   The
report has a lot of dates in many different places, so I am hoping
that I don't have to Right(x) the string every single time.
Hopefully there is a better way.

      Any help appreciated

Joe
10/9/2007 1:49:59 AM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Joe <delphi561@cox.net> wrote in

> Hi,
>
>       I have a customer that wants to see dates printed on her
>       reports
> as:  October 8, 2007.
>
>       When I look at the pre-defined date formats, I see Medium
>       Date
> which is 08-OCT-07 and I see LongDate which will give me: Monday,
> October 8, 2007.
>
>       How do I get the format for which my customer is asking.
>       The
> report has a lot of dates in many different places, so I am hoping
> that I don't have to Right(x) the string every single time.
> Hopefully there is a better way.
>
>       Any help appreciated

set the format to "mmmm dd, yyyy"

--
Bob Quintal

PA is y I've altered my email address.

Bob
10/9/2007 1:21:09 AM
Joe wrote:
> Hi,
>
>      I have a customer that wants to see dates printed on her reports
> as:  October 8, 2007.
>
>      When I look at the pre-defined date formats, I see Medium Date
> which is 08-OCT-07 and I see LongDate which will give me: Monday,
> October 8, 2007.
>
>      How do I get the format for which my customer is asking.   The
> report has a lot of dates in many different places, so I am hoping
> that I don't have to Right(x) the string every single time.
> Hopefully there is a better way.
>
>      Any help appreciated

You are not limited to the "named" formats in the list.  You can also specify
explicit format strings like...

"mmmm d, yyyy"

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...

0
Rick
10/9/2007 2:11:11 AM
I meant

=Format([YourDateFieldNameHere],"mmmm d, yyyy")

(I added a d which would give you

October 08, 2007 and that's not what you asked for.  My bad.
--
Bob Larson
Access World Forums Super Moderator

"boblarson" wrote:

> Set the control source for the text box on the report to:
>
> =Format([YourFieldNameHere],"mmmm dd, yyyy")
>
> and where I put [YourFieldNameHere] put the field name for the date field
> AND the square brackets.
> --
> Bob Larson
> Access World Forums Super Moderator
> Utter Access VIP
> ____________________________________
> Access 2000, 2003, 2007, SQL Server 2000, Crystal Reports 10/XI, VB6
> WinXP, Vista
>

> "Joe" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> >       I have a customer that wants to see dates printed on her reports
> > as:  October 8, 2007.
> >
> >       When I look at the pre-defined date formats, I see Medium Date
> > which is 08-OCT-07 and I see LongDate which will give me: Monday,
> > October 8, 2007.
> >
> >       How do I get the format for which my customer is asking.   The
> > report has a lot of dates in many different places, so I am hoping
> > that I don't have to Right(x) the string every single time.
> > Hopefully there is a better way.
> >
> >       Any help appreciated

Date Function
I am running a query from a table that limits the output of data to a specific time frame. I am working on the last month minus 12 months. So what I want to see is from April of this year to May of last year. This is progressive as the months change. i have been using: Between (DateAdd("m",-1,Date())) And (DateAdd("m",-12,Date())) This gives me this years May which I do not want. Any help would be appreciated -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Wed, 09 May 2007 19:18:04 GMT, "rollover99 via AccessMonster.com" <u14080@uwe> wrote: ...

Fiscal Year Formatting for Money 2004
Does anyone know if Money 2004 can have budgets and reprots set up for Australian fiscal year format, July to June, rather than calendar year? Cannot find any reference to this capability in Help. Nope - sorry. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For unofficial FAQs see http://money.mvps.org/ or http://umpmfaq.info/ I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Gazza J" <Gazza J@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:554D76A3-C366-4949-9495-74F2E553A4A6@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if Money 2004 can have budgets and...

Orders that have multiple release dates
I don't know of any other way to do this, but I am looking for suggestions. Many times, our customers order parts, but want only so much one month, so much the next, etc. In Great Plains, all of our orders are entered in as back orders, and for each release of parts to the customer, that is entered in as a separate back order. I have read here on the newsgroup that each line item can have its own require date, but then what? I have set that up in a testing company here. I entered in some back orders with the same parts on it, but with different require dates. Is there a report that w...

HTML formatted email
I am about to convert a newsletter that I have over to HTML format and need to get smarter about this in a hurry. In my early rounds of testing, some people receive the newsletter just fine and others only see text. Of those who only see text, I have verified that they are capable of receiving (and have received) other email in HTML format. Can somebody point me to a tutorial somewhere on the web about controlling HTML formats? Rick A. Pleasanton, CA ...

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "long __cdecl _com_dispatch_method(struct IDispatch *,long,unsigned short,unsigned short,void *,wchar_t const *,...)" (?_com_dispatch_method@@YAJPAUIDispatch@
Hi, I have installed Visual Studio Express 2005, and the platform SDK. I'm trying to compile, but get this linker error. The only reference I found on the web was a post of this person describing the possible cause: http://www.eggheadcafe.com/ng/microsoft.public.platformsdk.sdk_install/post20679802.asp Any clues, hints.. ? Leo Well, since you didn't bother to put the error message in the body of the text, it is a bit hard to read. Please do not put content in the headers. I only see the first segment of the header in my reader. A header that contains interesting informatio...

Date/ Phone log
I needed to create a spreadsheet for a phone log for my company. What it needs to do is when a long distance call is entered in, well say column B. Then the date and time the call was made needs to appear in column A. I've tried several different approaches but none work. Thanks for your help, Greg Take a look at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html BTW - saying you've tried several different approaches but none work isn't particularly helpful - *what* methods did you try, and what didn't work? In article <AE61899F-B6C1-4BE0-9239-AA6B7602245F@micro...

Formatting concatenated text
It's easy to concatenate two text strings: =concatenate("Sales: ", "u last year") would produce "Sales: up last year". But I want to underline the word "Sales" in the final text string just not any of the other words or characters. Can this be done? Thanks. Tro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi this is not possible with formulas. Formulas can only return values but not change formats -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > It's easy to concatenate two text strings: =concatenate("Sales: ", "up >...

Conditional Date Format.
I would like to conditionally format a date. I have read earlier posts on conditionally formatting numbers but I have been unable to transfer this to dates. Here is what I want and maybe someone out there has done this. If the date is before some cutoff point say 1970, I want the format to be blank, otherwise format the date in RED as m/d/yyyy. Is this doable? Thank you. Kevin You can't blank out the value within the cell using format|conditional formatting. But you could use format|conditional formatting to make the cell look empty--white fill on a white background. Select the ...

Expansion of a format on new cells
Hello all! The trouble is: A inexperienced user selected whole rows while formatting cells (by clicking on rows headers). So some format attributes extended on everything cell in this rows. When I delete a column, a new column inserted by Excel in the right of the sheet inherits format. Even i clear utmost columns of the sheet. How can I force Excel to insert clear column when deleting ones. PS: I know, that i can select whole row and remove all format, but there are some troubles: a) there are a lot of rows on the sheet, b) I need reset formatting after this operation. Is there other...

Keyboard shortcut for current date and time
Hi, Ctrl+ ; inserts current date and Ctrl+Shift+; inserts current ti me Ctrl+Shift+; inserts the current time with the date serial as 0 and not the current date's date serial. Presently I am adding the two (ie current date and time) to get the current date and time. Is there a keyboard shortcut that does this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Raj CTRL+; then SPACE then CTRL+SHIFT+; -or- =Now() -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware "Raj" <rspai9@gmail.com> wrote in message Hi, Ctrl+ ; inserts current dat...

Milo: What is microsoft.windowslive.translator.btn? Name too long
In "C:\Documents and Settings\[myname]\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live\Toolbar\Custom Buttons", there is a folder called microsoft.windowslive.translator.btn that is causing me to have trouble backing up my computer. I'm being told that that path or folder name is too long. At first I thought it was the path, but trying to copy microsoft.windowslive.translator.btn DIRECTLY into the MyDocuments folder caused the same error, so now I'm pretty sure that it’s the 36 characters in that folder name that is the problem. Sure enough, when I renamed a copy...

Formating cells with date format
Hi everyone. I have a worksheet with two columns. The first with date and the other with text formated cells. When I enter in the first one data with the year < 1900 the format never assumes the right date format Can anyone provide me with some explanation about this? Regs Alexandre Duarte http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm "Alexandre Duarte" <AlexandreDuarte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71113928-7E5A-4446-AD44-82BFE938BBF2@microsoft.com... > Hi everyone. > I have a worksheet with two columns. The first with date and the other > wi...

date confusion
hi im new to excel 2007 i want to ask that when i type 7/4 in a cell excel thinks that the slash is division operator so it divides it ?? but in different cell it interpret it as date ok another problem is that when I enter 7/4 in the different cell excel interpret it as 4-Jul only but How do I display the year too ? even if i type 7/4/2008 or 7/4/08 it still shows 4-JUL ? Help please thank you very much Format the cell as m/d/yyyy, you created the d-mmm format by just entering 7/4 so you need to reformat the cell to the date format you want. Always use the full date when entering dat...

Changing Publication Date and Pg. Nos.
I've created a newsletter using a Publisher template. At the top of each page, the template automatically inserts the volume and issue number on one side and the page number on the other side. I want to have the volume and issue number at the left and the date at the right on the first page. On the inside pages, I want the page number, newsletter name, and date to be at the top of each page, with the publication name centered and the page number and date alternating positions (because the newsletter will be printed front and back). I've had no success trying to find the wa...

Too many cell formats
while formatting a cell I got a dialog box that says "too many cell formats" I saved the file, but when I tried to open it again I got the same dialog box and the file woill not open.. any ideas or comment? Hi have a look at the following KB article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213904 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ldavis wrote: > while formatting a cell I got a dialog box that says "too > many cell formats" I saved the file, but when I tried to > open it again I got the same dialog box and the file > woill not op...

Long Filename Hunter
hello, is the anyone know of a program/freeware that can search the disk for files with "long" file names? it is laborious to drill down dozens of folders and hundreds/thousands of subfolders hunting down down long file names. for example I found a couple of tiles with filenames as long as a sentence, obviously using all the amount allotted for naming a file. thanks... ~db -- db���`�...�><)))�> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional - Systems Analyst - Database Developer - Accountancy - Veteran of the Armed Forces - Microsoft Partner...

Long Long Long Nested If Function
Hello, I need some help on a very long nested if formula. Or at least thats the type that I have been trying to use to get the calculations on my spreadsheet. I have this formula which is working for me but it is only one of the 5 variables I need to include in it. 1) =IF(B5="cdy",IF(P23=20,1625,(IF(P23=40,1875,2200)))) to this formula I need to add =IF(B5="nwr",IF(P23=20,850,(IF(P23=40,935,1260)))) =IF(B5="lsp",IF(P23=20,1125,(IF(P23=40,1225,1550)))) =IF(B5="mtrl",IF(P23=20,1035,(IF(P23=40,1150,1500)))) =IF(B5="trto",IF(P...

PLEASE HELP! need conditional formatting related to date, blank cells and today's date
I want to create a conditional formmatting formula that will highlight a cell if that cell is blank and another cell that has a date in it is more than 30 days from today's date. So, if J2 has a date in it and that date is greater than or equal to 30 days past today's date AND K2 is blank, I want to highlight K2 red. If K3 is not blank I dont want it to be highlightd. can anyone help me with the correct formula/conditional formatting? Thanks so much! Try this in the Formula box of the CF dialogue: =3DAND(K2=3D"",J2-TODAY()>=3D30) If J2 is in the past (not clear from...

Date question 01-14-10
Can anyone help with this function: =IF[Date Parts Ordered Completed]+ [Date Part Completed]+[Date Purchasing Completed],not blank,=Date The goal is that is all three fields have a date in them, then put in today's date in the final field. If one of the dates is missing, then the final date is blank. The only problem is if I open up that form I do not want it to change the date to today. I want it to stay the date of the actual completion. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, P-Chu -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Try this -- Completion_...

Date Calculation 05-17-07
I have two date fields in the format of dd/mm/yyyy. I want to be able to do a calculation where it calculates the difference between the two dates. Therefore the output will display the number of days. -- Thank you for your help how does this work?? -- Thank you for your help "KARL DEWEY" wrote: > Use DateDiff function. > -- > KARL DEWEY > Build a little - Test a little > > > "Kirt84" wrote: > > > I have two date fields in the format of dd/mm/yyyy. I want to be able to do a > > calculation where it calculates the difference ...

Does Validation works for date ??
Hi Does data validation works for date ?? For example : A1 contains today's date in it & if some one tries to put yesterday's date in B1 it will not allow(we can put tomorrow's date).How it would be possible ?? -- Little Master ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Little Master's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28227 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480089 I just used data validation yesterday for a date. What exactly do you want to check? "Little Ma...

Dates 01/1/02005 comes u ps as 0.011111111
When I format for dates in a column I get this bogus number. How can I fix it so the column reads the date entries????? Thank you Discounting the typo, maybe you have a Lotus 123 setting enabled. Tools|Options|Transition Tab Uncheck Transition Formula Entry (I unchecked all those Lotus 123 settings.) DateConfused wrote: > > When I format for dates in a column I get this bogus number. How can I fix it > so the column reads the date entries????? > Thank you -- Dave Peterson ...

check between 2 dates
Hi Is it possible to have excel check a date range from something like a form? for example: I have various data entries on a sheet, the first column has dates (01/01/04) format. I would like to be able to check something like: 01/01/04 to 05/01/04. Thanks in advance Paul Hi Paul! Try: =IF(AND(A1>=--"2004-01-01",A1<--"2004-05-01"),TRUE) OR: =IF(AND(A1>=DATE(2004,1,1),A1<DATE(2004,5,1)),TRUE) OR: =IF(AND(A1>=E1,A1<E2),TRUE) The third form is usually best as hard coding makes formulas less adaptable. The second form might be better if the DATE argument...

Replace Cell Address in A Long Formula
From time to time, I need to do some change in some very long formula. For example: =TRIM(IF(ISERROR(FIND(" ",B46,FIND(" ",B46,1)+2)),MID(B46,FIND(" ",B46,1)+1,LEN(B46)),MID(B46,FIND(" ",B46,FIND(" ",B46)+2),LEN(B46)))) I want to replace all the "B46" with "F18". Is there a easier way? Thanks. One quick and dirty way is to Edit>Replace B46 with F18. HTH Anders Silven "plumstone" <plumstone@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet news:29A2448B-1055-4847-9779-EA0FDDA5C05D@microsoft.com... > From...

Formatting & Printing
Hi, I have two Questions. 1) How do you set the formating of certain cells change based upon what is in there. For example if I have a range of data A3:F45 each cell has a similiar formula where data only appears if it meets the criteria..@if (A1="","",b4-F5+H1). How do you make it so that the Formatting changes, based upon if the formula is false or the second option. Specfically the Gridlines around the cell appearing if there is data instead of "". 2) In the above example is there a way, other than manually, to print only the section that shows dat...