Not a Valid Bookmark

A table in my Acc 03 database has started to reject edits and adds.  The
message "Not a Valid Bookmark" comes up.  The Help screen is no help; also
tried the KB - no help there either.
Things I have tried to correct condition:
1. Compact/Repair
2. Make-table query
3. Copy and Paste Append in to a new table
4. Importing into a new database
None worked. Can you help??
Thanks in advance for your assistance.

access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You will need to recreate the table, without the bad record.

Details of how to copy the other records without the bad one:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-47.html#RowsShowDeleted

"Max" <Max@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>A table in my Acc 03 database has started to reject edits and adds.  The
> message "Not a Valid Bookmark" comes up.  The Help screen is no help; also
> tried the KB - no help there either.
> Things I have tried to correct condition:
> 1. Compact/Repair
> 2. Make-table query
> 3. Copy and Paste Append in to a new table
> 4. Importing into a new database
> None worked. Can you help??

Allen

Msgbox entry validation
The following Macro will not loop more than twice the error entries. Will someone help me correct it to loop indefinely? Thanks Sub Entry_validation() Dim Teststring As String Dim Inputstring As String Cells(1, 1) = "ABC" 'as given filename Cells(2, 1) = "DEF" 'as given filename Cells(3, 1) = "GHI" 'as given filename Cells(4, 1) = "JKL" 'as given filename errorloop: Inputstring = InputBox(prompt:="Enter Filename" & vbLf & "Enter abort to abort en...

Data Validation -> Validation list is larger than the cell width
I have a workbook that I've just added data validation to one cell. FWIW, the data validation is based on a named range. Here's the (perceived) problem. When I've set up data validation in the past, the selection is the same width as the cell. In this case, the list starts almost a full cell width to the left. What am I missing? Thanks, Barb Reinhardt Barb, In Excel2003 I can replicate what you describe under the following conditions: 1. the named range contains entries that are wider than the data validation cell 2. The data validation cell is r...

Validating against a DTD
Hello All, I am trying to validate an xml file against a DTD. I went through a lot of examples especially: http://www.xmlforasp.net/codebank/util/srcview.aspx?path=../../codebank/System_Xml/XmlValidatingReader/Validator/validator.src&file=validator.cs&font=3 but its not working in my case. First of all, when i try to add my DTD file in XmlSchemaCollection object, it throws an error saying DocType element is expected. I am using NITF DTD for this and there is no DocType element in it. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. VD You should not add DTDs to XmlSchemaCollection. XmlSchema...

Data Validation
Hi all I want to set data validation on a cell so that it will accept the following (and only the following) text strings: (1) "BR" (literally) or (2) "NT" (literally) or (3) "nA" where n is any positive integral numerical value including zero and A may take any of the values "L", "P", "T", "V" or "Y" or (4) "An" where n is any positive integral numerical value including zero and A may take either of the values "K" or "D". Is this possible, please, and if so how? thanks -- Return e...

Validation dropdown list is not coming visible
Hi, I'm using XP and 2003. I have a problem that I have once found resolution, but now it came again and cannot remember what needs to be done. Here is the problem: There is a column where Validation is specified in right manner with error message in case of error. When selecting the cell - dropdown list is not coming visible. In case I write something wrong it gives error message. If I recall correctly - it was something to do with some kind of list. How can I change this to work properly? I tried to paste new column from another file where the column is working as I want...

reinstall-validation problem
Hardware hit from lightning so new hd and video card and start over. All goes well with install using a slipstreamed XP-Pro SP3 disk but I notice it never asks for the Product Key during install yet it Activates itself during one of the boots and I think little of it until ... During the updates which followed (100+!!!) I notice Windows Defender doesn't seem to run or leave itself installed. As it is running on my laptop figured I just download it. When I run it, it wants to first do the Genuine Advantage bs which I let it, at which time it says "bogus". Ugh, g...

Validation
Julie the same can be achieve without going thru the double drop down boxes. You could do it just using the combobox alone. Thank again Please stay in the ORIGINAL thread. The archives will thank you. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "JLong" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:034101c49c3b$889b5020$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Julie the same can be achieve without going thru the > double drop down boxes. You could do it just using the > combobox alone. Thank again ...

validating macro
Hi I am sending a spread sheet out to branchs I need them to complete a sheet (common info) before they do anything else on the workbook. I am looking for a macro or code for VBA which who check (common info) see if the cells are complete if not bring up a error screen informing the user to complete the form and then take them straight to the (common info) sheet. and if possible let them go to the tab which they want to go to. Use an extended version of something along these lines: (if there are lots of cells use a 'for row numbers x to y' or 'do until' statment, o...

Data Validation
I have set up a data form and have data validation rules on the various input cells. I see that there is an option called "Ignore blanks" in the data validation settings, which is supposed to restrict someone from entering past an input cell without entering valid data, if the "Ignore blanks" box is unchecked. I have tried to do this, but it does not seem to work. Please could someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Provide information, or better yet, a screen capture of the Data Validation dialog box with the Setting tab selected (User ALT+PrintScreen to copy the imag...

Reboot Validator
I'm running XP Pro, SP3. Attempting to install a program from Nero. Software keeps failing at startup, despite numerous re-installs. During installs, it keeps attempting to update the 'reboot validator' which it does not seem to be able to do. What is the reboot validator, and how do I update it. Couldn't find anything useful on MS site and Nero Tech support just says its an MS problem. -- Thank you, B. Parker Never heard of it but Nero Support should know about it: Reboot Validator appears to be a Nero component; cf. http://www.brighthub.com/comput...

Conditional validation?
Hello All I have a sheet that is essentially just columns of data (except for the column headings in the first row), and two of the columns are what I would call 'mutually exclusive': i.e. if a value is entered in a row in either column, the user must be prevented from entering any value in the same row of the other column. The two columns already have some basic validation applied (ranges of permissable numerical values), and this validation would need to be applied for any values that are entered. I am sure this can be done, but cannot see how! Hope someone can help. Many thanks L...

Excel 2000 vs 2002 Sheet protection & Validation cells
Hello, I have an Excel spreadsheet built on Excel 2000. I have set sheet protection with password, and I have some unprotected cells with drop down menu (validation with 50 choices) Everything works very well. I sent this file to a friend who has Excel 2002. The same "unprotected" validation cells cannot be modified in his version as the message says that these cells are protected What can be done in order to make it work on his version?? I do have some "very hidden" sheet with password protected VBA properties, if that is an issue. Similarly there are some macros o...

REPOST: dynamic validation
I think I wasn't clear that I need the Validation option under the Data menu, List, source values. That is what I am trying to fill with this equation. In other words, range1 and range2 are sets cells which contain values. I want those values to be the dropdown options in the cell based on what the previous cell to the left is selected as. So if Range1 is three cells with Tall, Dark, Handsome and Range2 is Sweet, Pretty, Nice, then based on the selection of F or M in A1, I want the choices for B1 to be one of those lists. I know that quotes are required for the IF. My probl...

How to use data validation
[NB: I re-structure my question since people got misled from my previous one] What I really wish to ask is: I wish to use data validation for a particular cell. But it doesn't work if I choose "custom" in the "allow" box. 1) In Data | Validation | Settings Tab | Validation Criteria, there is an "Allow" Box. 2) I chose "custom", there is a formula. 3) I type in some formula, eg: =J3 (Just Reference) =J3-J1 (Reference-type formula) =round(J1) (Function-type formula) None of them can activate the validation fu...

Email Validation
I was testing this email validation rule. Is Null Or ((Like "*?@?*.com") Or (Like "*?@?*.org") Or (Like "*?@?*.net") Or (Like "*?@?*.mil") Or (Like "*?@?*.US") And (Not Like "*[ ,;]*" And Not Like "*.@*")) ...but noticed I was able to input .@any.com ... e.g., I was trying to prevent user typing a .@ [that is a dot@] using the ... And Not Like "*.@*")) .. but it must be getting cancelled out by something previous in the validation string. Any suggestions? You could use a routine such as: P...

Refer to seperate workbook for validation list for drop downs?
Id like to keep my validation data for drop downs in a seperate workbook so that many users/worksheets can reference it. However- data validation doesnt seem to let me reference named ranges in a seperate workbook- any advise out there? -- Dee Visit Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal05.html But take note that the other workbook has to be open. Dee wrote: > > Id like to keep my validation data for drop downs in a seperate workbook so > that many users/worksheets can reference it. However- data validation doesnt > seem to let me reference named r...

Data Validation: Validate Specific Day of the Week?
Users will enter a date in cell D6. The date they enter must be a Monday. How can I validate for that? Thanks, -Ted I entered dates in E1:E10. I selected E1 In the Data | Validation dialog, I used Custom and entered =WEEKDAY(E1)=2 I selected all the dates and opened Data | Validation; it offered to apply the validation to all the cells Done best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Ted" <ted.gallagher@gmail.com> wrote in message news:#o$yRC6vKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Users will enter a date in ce...

Data validation for 2 valid values
I want a cell to allow only 2 valid values but not have a drop-down list appear. How do I do that with Data->Validation? Data>validation>allow>list, put the 2 values separated by a comma in the source box, uncheck in cell dropdown -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in message news:ujuB%23w52DHA.2000@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I want a cell to allow only 2 valid values but not have a drop-down list > appear. > > How do I do that with Data->Validation? > > Using a list, as Peo suggested, will force users to match the ...

Detect Valid Full backup
To detect if there is a valid Full backup exist, before starting a log backup I check of the LastBackupDate is filled. Sometime this give the following error. Error.Message : BACKUP LOG cannot be performed because there is no current database backup. BACKUP LOG is terminating abnormally. Error.Source : .Net SqlClient Data Provider Error.StackTrace : at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.ConnectionManager.ExecuteTSql(ExecuteTSqlAction action, Object execObject, DataSet fillDataSet, Boolean catchException) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.ServerConnection.Execute...

Validating values of POEMDEV
Hi all, I've written a OEMUI.DLL. The basic code comes from the WINDDK sample. The values from the gui are stored in the POEMDEV. VERBOSE(DLLTEXT("UserName :<%s>.\r\n"), ((POEMDEV)pOEMDM)->szUserName); VERBOSE(DLLTEXT("CostCenter:<%s>.\r\n"), ((POEMDEV)pOEMDM)->szCostCenter); VERBOSE(DLLTEXT("ColorMode :<%s>.\r\n"), ((POEMDEV)pOEMDM)->bColorMode ? L"on" : L"off"); I like to find a place in this DLL, where I can verify the values of POEMDEV. Greetings Kai -- ISO Software Systeme GmbH Nuremb...

validating against schema with namespaces
I have a very complex XDR schema that uses namespaces: xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-data" xmlns:b="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:BizTalkServer" xmlns:d="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes" Do I need to build a custom validator in order to validate XML documents against this schema? How does the XML parser know how to validate against the extra namespaces? For example, schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes allows for attributes such as maxLength, minLength, etc. If my XML document contains a value that doesn't meet these criteria, then the document should n...

data validation not enforced with a named range source excel 2002 sp2
I have a cell with the following data validation settings that still allows any cell value inspite of the validation. The drop down list works, but is not enforced. How can I enforce this validation? Settings: Allow=List Ignore Blank=Yes In-cell dropdown=Yes Source="=Comment" (Comment is a named range) Input Message: Show message...=Yes Title and message entered. Error Alert: Show alert...=Yes Style=Stop Title and message entered. Source should be =Comment I don't know if that is what you have? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone'...

Validation/Duplication
I need help writing a formula for validation of entries. On the include file, rows 9 & 17 include truck numbers that our drivers use. Th problem is, I would like my dispatcher to get an error message if h enters the same truck number 2x in the same column (Example - cells D & D17 both contain truck number 2668 ). I've tried to use th Validation Rule, but it allows me to enter the same number in as man cells as I want ?! The formula I used was "=COUNTIF(D3:D299,D3)=1" but that doesn't work. Does anybody know a way of doing this ? An help would be greatly appreciated ...

Data Validation won't copy
Hi All...... XL2k, I record the following macro and it does fine, then when I try to run it, it stalls on the Pastespecial line.......whut's up please? Sub Macro2() Range("E1").Select Application.CutCopyMode = False Selection.Copy Range("E12").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlDataValidation, Operation:=xlNone, _ SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False End Sub Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 This work in XL2007, using xlPasteValidation, not xlDataValidation. Sub Macro2() Range("E1").Copy Range(&quo...

HTML validator
I've put up an HTML validator on my MVP Tips site. However, it may take a few hours for the files to migrate to the backup server, so it may not be immediately available if the page is served up by the backup server. This is a wrapper for the "tidy" library from http://sourceforge.net/projects/tidy/ that is designed to scale up to the problems of validating hundreds (in my case, well over a thousand) HTML pages in a single operation. It comes will full source. http://www.flounder.com/multitidy.htm joe Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.f...