Newbie, accnts. payable & accnts.receivable sample DB

Hi guys,

I�m running access 2003, windows xp pro SP2

I've been commission in my work to do a small application to track and
report the accounts payable and accounts receivable movements, I'm not an
accounting savvy person :(, does anyone know of a link or sample access
database that can help me with the basic structure of the tables and
reports?, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0
verci
5/19/2007 10:37:36 AM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Newbie, accnts. payable & accnts.receivable sample DB
Hi guys, I�m running access 2003, windows xp pro SP2 I've been commission in my work to do a small application to track and report the accounts payable and accounts receivable movements, I'm not an accounting savvy person :(, does anyone know of a link or sample access database that can help me with the basic structure of the tables and reports?, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

Sample MFC (Visual Studio 6.0) application that consumes a .NET implemented Web Service via SOAP?
The subject pretty much says it all. The SOAP 3.0 Toolkit can be used from Visual Studio 6.0, but the server side of all the samples that are distributed with it has been deprecated and is no longer supported on Windows Server 2003. Can someone direct me to any samples that connect to a web service implemented in .NET instead of the services in the toolkit samples? Thanks? rb ...

Outlook 2007 does not receive messages vista
Hello, I am trying to fix a friend's problem so any help would be great. When we click on send/receive, nothing happens, no progress shows. When he sends to himself, you can see the message leave the outbox but does not go to the inbox. ISP confirmed settings are correct. "test account settings" works fine. Tried office diagnostics - did not help. Repair office in add-remove programs - did not help. Downloaded all updates - did not help. Turned on logging. In the opmlog.log there is no reference to the POP3 server, strange. Only SMTP. What could we try next? Thank yo...

send/receive error message in Microsoft Outlook
My Microsoft Outlook has been working fine, now I get this message, Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: +OK' Thanks ...

receivings #3
When we are receiving products, we noticed that the freight and miscellaneous charges are not coming over from the PO. Why is that that and how do we go about correcting it? Lynn, I don't remember them ever coming over. These amounts on the PO document only serve as a reference. If you need these amounts as landed cost for your on your receipt transaction you will need to setup a landed cost schedule. If they are simple expenses then you will need to enter them on the purchasing invoice as they appear on the vendor invoice. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maxim...

Visio Newbie
Hello all, this is my first time using Visio for drawing a floor plan and I have a quick question. Yesterday, (Using a tape measure) I mapped out the floor plan of an office my company might be moving into. I wrote everything down in Inches. Is there a way once I get a room shape kinda close to teh measurements, that I can manually type in teh length for each wall? if not in inches, at least in feet. For example, I have one wall that is 154 inches ( 12.83 ft) Then the next wall is 242 incehs( 20.1 ft) The opposite wall of the first measurement is 288 inches, third wall 100 inches, then 13...

receiving mails errors on Exchange 2003
Hi, I've installed an MS SBS 2003, I've configured the exchange 2003 to my domain, but the problem is that I can send email's to some domain (there is one domain that I can't send to) but I can't receive from any domain. (MTA, POP3, exchange routing engine, management, exchange system attendant and exchange information store services are running) Can this be a problem of any default security (firewalls) settings that is installed by default with SBS 2003??? if yes, what I need to do? If anyone of you had this problem before or know the resolution of that, I'll be very ...

Outlook 2003 Send/Receive errors
I continually get the following error message. Task 'Bill - Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' It came up at least six times yesterday, and three times already today. This has been going on since I purchased my new computer and Office 2003 in January. I have checked with SBC, and they say my setup is okay. Since they accounts do work most of the time, this seems logical. I have t...

Historical Aged Trial Balance Payables Management
hello all, I was wondering we have some voucher transactions showing up from 2004 that I think was a mistake when we first converted to GP. The accounts are up to date but the information still shows up on the "Historical Aged Trial Balance Payables Management" report. Need to just remove them. GP method and also tables would be great. Many thanx Enter credit memos and apply them to the open vouchers. If there should be no impact on the AP account, set the distributions in the credit memos to debit and credit the AP account. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East C...

New Mailbox Can't Receive External Mail
We have recently added a new mailbox to Exchange 2000 on our company's server. The new user can send and receive internal mail OK and can send external mails also using Outlook 2003. The issue is that he is not receiving mails from external sources although we can tell that they are being sent as we can pick them up from our ISP. We can't find any differences between the new user profile and the previous profiles that work OK. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we need to do? No-one at my company is that familiar with Exchange. Thanks in advance Pls cancel outlook...

Exchange newbie problem
Hi all; A user on our domain was deleted when he should not have been. His mail box was not deleted. When his account was recreated, we tried to reconnect the old mailbox. But when selecting a user in the "Select a new user for this mailbox" dialog a message comes back saying that the user cannot be found. We tried several different users a none can be found even though they can get there mail just fine. We need to get the messages from this mailbox. Any ideas would be great -- Craig in the High Desert. craig@craignet.com But it's a dry heat. you should be able to reconnec...

C++ / Access Newbie
Hi Folks... I have a small commercial package written in C++ (targeted to Windows platforms) that uses its own proprietary database. We are just starting to investigate the option of replacing our database with a commercial package, such as Access or MySQL. Can anyone recommend informative reading that provides details on programming C++ with either of these two databases? At this stage we have no (any I mean ZERO) experience such programming. Any information would be helpful: recommendations for Access over MySQL (or vice versa), sources of such comparisons, licensing considerations, OD...

messages i receive show html formatting sentences not formatted ht
messages i receive show html formatting sentences not formatted html, so i get lots of html writing and a few words of plain text spaced through the message. How do I get the html formatting to operate. ...

newbie
joining the group Hey Newbie where are you from and what versiona re you using? Fliehigh "cthomas23@hotmail.com" wrote: > joining the group > ...

Outlook 2007 receives Emails as OPENED
Hi, I am using Outlook 2007 at client end and the server is Microsoft Exchange 2007. Outlook receives the incoming mails as Unread but it suddenly changes it to Read in a few minutes without opening those emails. This problem is going on with only one user profile so I am sure that it would not be a problem at mail server. Please advise. Thanks, Brij Mohan Is the user using the preview pane? Is the mail set to be marked as read after X seconds? That would be the problem. "Brij Mohan" <smart.brij@live.com> wrote in message news:AA984A28-BEBF-4FDD-A165...

Real Newbie newbie question
Hi All - I hope you can help me! I have Finepix M603 camera and although I take reasonable shots in daytime, I'm not able to produce anything at night. eg On The Thames on New Years Eve, may people were using digital cameras and their screens should clear bright picture - mine was black! What setting should I set on mine? Any advice really appreciated. --- David Scott Hampshire, England Wrong group. Sorry....... -- --- David Scott Hampshire, England "Dave" <cadasco@SUPERhotmail.com> wrote in message news:50kuejF1fh28sU1@mid.individual.net... > Hi All - I hope...

Apply Payable that was Voided
I have a client that voided a transaction in "Void Open Transactions" then they realized they should have done a Return in Return Transaction Entry because it had a project and PO. They went ahead and entered the Return with credit, but when they went to Apply Payables Documents the original invoice (that was voided) was not there to apply it to. What is the correct way to fix this? Thanks, Jocelyn They should re-enter the invoice. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot....

What's the largest file size I can receive or send?
I am unable to receive files of around 3m. How small does it have to be for Outlook to accept it? Are there any options (that I can't find) that manage this metric? Ta, Malcolm malcolm prescott wrote at 20.06.2007 : > I am unable to receive files of around 3m. How small does it have to be for > Outlook to accept it? > Are there any options (that I can't find) that manage this metric? > Ta, > Malcolm Outlook? I don't know, 2GB maybe? Reason for attachments are limits from the ISP or eMail service, some mistakes in the virus-scanner (Try if it works if you disa...

eConnect newbie
Hi, I've installed eConnect 7.5 and am planning to use this to read & write xml files to GP can anyone give me samples or examples of how to do this, also my company is planning to upgrade to GP 9 shortly are there major changes between each version? Thanks in advance. JimB If you've installed eConnect, then you have several samples already. They are located in the samples folder underneath the eConnect installation. The changes from 7.5 to 9.0 are fairly minimal. Mostly, there are new xml elements that can be included, but many of those are optional. It's my gue...

I can receive email from my ISP but can't send.
I can receive emails from my server fine, however, when I try to send it says the server has timed out and to check my ports. My user name and passwork are correct. Does anyone have any ideas? NobbyC <NobbyC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I can receive emails from my server fine, however, when I try to send > it says the server has timed out and to check my ports. My user name > and passwork are correct. Does anyone have any ideas? Make sure your are properly authenticating to your outgoing server. -- Brian Tillman ...

Payables item will not clear
On the Payables Management Aged Trial Balance with Options – Detail report we have an invoice that appears as having nothing outstanding but we cannot get it to close to history. The listing on this report shows as follows: Voucher/Payment No. Type Doc Amount 91and Over 090866 INV $40.00 $40.00 031884 PMT -$35.00 090981 CRM -$5.00 Due $0.00 If I look at the Payables Transaction Inquiry – Vendor (Inquiry >> Purchasing >> Transactions by Vendor) all of my entries for this vendor have an Origin of “HIST” except Voucher/Paym...

MDI newbie ?
I want to add a "reload" command that will close the current(and only) document and reload it again. Here is what I have tried so far: <code> AfxGetMainWnd()->PostMessage(WM_COMMAND, ID_FILE_NEW); while(AfxGetApp()->GetOpenDocumentCount() > 0); AfxGetApp()->OpenDocumentFile(currentFluPath); </code> This doesn't work, because, as I've learned ID_FILE_NEW create just that, a new blank document so count is still 1. I can't figure out what I should check for, how I can know when the ID_FILE_NEW is done so that I can call OpenDocumentFile() Does ...

Run Integration Quicker-Newbie
I am running an integration to import sales orders for invoicing. I use several additional query criteria in IM, but I do not think these criteria are passed to SQL Server 2000. Instead, the records are returned, then the criteria are applied. The integration is taking quite a bit of time to run. Does anyone have an idea on how to pass the criteria to SQL Server, or any other ideas to increase the performance? Thanks. use a SQL Server View "Shannon LeVert" <slevert@aviagen.com> wrote in message news:06c701c46daa$fbad4100$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am running an in...

newbie question about IDE / ADO.net integration
Hi guys, I have made a console application that reads .mdb file. The way I achieved it was using the IDE, it was pretty much automatically, just dragging the mdb file into the idea, writing few sql strings in the wizard, and it generate the adapter,dataset and etc. classes automatically. 2 questions: 1) How is this process/model called ? Is it XSD ? named Datasets ? I want to know when asking questions regarding this, how to refer it in the future. 2) The connection string to the mdb file is in the setting, and I'd like to pass it as a command line argument to my application...

Sending/Receiving emails from MICROSOFT OUTLOOK
I am receiving error messages when trying to send/receive emails in OUTLOOK.So far I have not been successful in using the program I am not able to add accounts correctly to the TOOLS - add email account option. Any suggestions Dorothy Rego <Dorothy Rego@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am receiving error messages when trying to send/receive emails in > OUTLOOK. And what is the exact text of those messages? > I am not able to add accounts correctly to the TOOLS - add email > account option. Can you add them via Control Panel>Mail? -- Brian Tillman ...