Need VBA code that enters the F2 Key upon entering the Field

I am using Access 2000.

I understand that simply by pressing the F2 key while the cursor is in that
field, you can toggle Off and ON the highlighting for that field (textbox).

Can someone explain the necessary VBA code to perform this action without
the user's intervention?
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

"nytwodees" <nytwodees@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using Access 2000.
>
> I understand that simply by pressing the F2 key while the cursor is in
> that
> field, you can toggle Off and ON the highlighting for that field
> (textbox).
>
> Can someone explain the necessary VBA code to perform this action without
> the user's intervention?

Set the control's SelLength property to 0.  For example,

    Me!txtMyTextBox.SelLength = 0

Note that you can only use this property when the control has the focus.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk
12/28/2009 7:43:57 PM
Hi Dirk:

I entered this code for the -On Enter- Event procedure and keep getting  a
run-time error 2465.

Me!txtctlCurrentYear.SelLength=0

I don't know why I'm getting this error message!  Help!!!

"Dirk Goldgar" wrote:

> "nytwodees" <nytwodees@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using Access 2000.
> >
> > I understand that simply by pressing the F2 key while the cursor is in
> > that
> > field, you can toggle Off and ON the highlighting for that field
> > (textbox).
> >
> > Can someone explain the necessary VBA code to perform this action without
> > the user's intervention?
>

> Set the control's SelLength property to 0.  For example,
>
>     Me!txtMyTextBox.SelLength = 0
>
> Note that you can only use this property when the control has the focus.
>
> --
> Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
> Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html
>
> (please reply to the newsgroup)

The text of the error message includes "You may have misspelled the field
name, or the field may have been renamed or deleted.". You sure the text box
is named txtctlCurrYear, and not, say, just txtCurrYear?

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

> Hi Dirk:
>
> I entered this code for the -On Enter- Event procedure and keep getting  a
> run-time error 2465.
>
> Me!txtctlCurrentYear.SelLength=0
>
> I don't know why I'm getting this error message!  Help!!!
>
> "Dirk Goldgar" wrote:
>
>> "nytwodees" <nytwodees@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am using Access 2000.
>> >
>> > I understand that simply by pressing the F2 key while the cursor is in
>> > that
>> > field, you can toggle Off and ON the highlighting for that field
>> > (textbox).
>> >
>> > Can someone explain the necessary VBA code to perform this action
>> > without
>> > the user's intervention?
>>

>> Set the control's SelLength property to 0.  For example,
>>
>>     Me!txtMyTextBox.SelLength = 0
>>
>> Note that you can only use this property when the control has the focus.
>>
>> --
>> Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
>> Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html
>>
>> (please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Douglas
12/28/2009 8:56:37 PM
"nytwodees" <nytwodees@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Dirk:
>
> I entered this code for the -On Enter- Event procedure and keep getting  a
> run-time error 2465.
>
> Me!txtctlCurrentYear.SelLength=0
>
> I don't know why I'm getting this error message!  Help!!!

I agree with Doug -- check the name of the control.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk
12/28/2009 10:57:39 PM
Hi Dirk & Doug:

With your help the process is working the way I wanted it.

I changed the name of the control from:

CurrentYear to ctlCurrentYear to finally to FeesCYr

I took the suggestion that CurrentYear may be a protected word in Access.

Also I removed the "txt" before the control name.  This I think was also
part of the problem.

So the final change were from:

Me!txtctlCurrentYear.SelLength=0      (Produced error message)
Me!FeesCYr.SelLength=0      (This works fine!)

Dan

Organizational Unit
Sorry to post again but the reply to the other one is coming up as "unavailable." I've narrowed down the problem, done a complete (including SQL Server, Logins, etc.) uninstall of the CRM Server. When I try to create an Organizational Unit of the name "Celeratec" which my License Key was created with, it says that the Organization Unit already exist - most probably because our domain, "Celeratec" is the OU that already exists. Either that or our Exchange Organization. So is there any workaround to this, or do I have to get another Registration Key ...

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

outlook(?) changes email address upon sending
I have had trouble sending email to persons who have "netscape" as their email address. Somewhere in the process of sending the message, the word "netscape" is changed to "netescape" and the message is returned to me. This happens constantely. Any ideas? A bug? ...

Help needed

Need help on this....thanks

select a specific ActiveCell by VBA
In any cell in column "F", a user can select a code number from a drop down list. These numbers go up to over 100, so, if the user isn't sure of which number to select, cell F6 can be rightclicked and VBA will take the user to a different sheet where all the code numbers (and their associated meanings) are listed. A command button on that sheet will take the user back to the ActiveCell on the first sheet. Even if the user was working in cell F2000, the active cell is now always F6 To get around this, how can I set the active row to the bottom most row with data i...

need help badly

I need Help

Excel 2003 coding issue
I have a button, when pressed it will ask the user to select the email address from sheet 2, the problem i'm having is if I hide columns A, B and C it comes up with a debug error but if the columns stay visable it works? VB highlights the following: Set EmailAddr = Application.InputBox("Select Email Addresses, Click on the Email Worksheet" & vbCrLf & _ "Hold down Contrl Key to select multiple addresses", Type:=8) Please help. ...

VBA code to run macro in certain file based on name of file in cel
I am trying to come up with code that will run a macro in a workbook where the path and name of the workbook are in a cell reference. I have tried the following with no luck. The path to the file is located in cell F36 of worksheet, "Customize" and the name of the file is located in cell F42. The name of the macro is "ClearTotalSavings". Any help from one of you gurus would sure be appreciated. Application.Run "'" & Workbooks(Sheets("Customize").Range("F36").Value) & "\" & Sheets("Customize").R...

Field with both first name and last name
I have a table where the field PRODUCTION_DESIGNER is composed of a persons first and last name with a single space between them, for example "David Henderson" is in the contents. Select this field and truncate this to the initials of the first and last name and place into another field leaving the original field untouched. The new field would have "DH" as its contents. Thank you Use the expression Left(Production_Designer,1) & Mid(Production_Designer,Instr(Production_Designer," ")+1,1) If you want to do this in an update query UPDATE [Your Table ...

Need Help Despertly!

CODE: 0x800CCC79
Messages won't transmit. I receive the following: Account: 'pop-server.satx.rr.com', Server: 'smtp-server.satx.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '501 5.5.2 RCPT TO syntax error', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 501, Error Number: 0x800CCC79 To fix this problem: - Open Outlook Express, and click *Tools* - Then click on *Accounts* - Then click on your Tiscali connection and click *Properties* - Then click *Advanced* - On this screen remove the checks from the boxes *This server requires a secure connection* for both *Outgoi...

Plug in needed

Need to Hire Outlook 2003 Help

Which setting do I need to adjust
I've noticed that when using my default browser IE 8 and I click on a link that is suppose to start a download, it doesn't. When I click on the same link in firefox the download starts like it should. Can anyone tell me what setting in IE 8 is preventing the download from starting? on the page it says "Downloading: 50fpct-Just4freeplanet.com.rar | 34.7 MB" but in IE 8 it isn't downloading. It also isn't asking me if I want to allow IE 8 to download the file like it sometimes does. Thanks Shep wrote: > I've noticed that when using my d...

Need Help with Excel and Flagging Outcomes!
I’m using Excel 2007, and here is my question… I want to put a formula in cell C3 that looks at outcomes in cell B3. If the raw score outcome in cell B3 has the following values, I would like cell C3 to provide the following words: IF: THEN: B3=Blank C3=Blank B3= Greater than 0-1.9 C3=Definitely False B3=2.0-2.9 C3=Mostly False B3=3.0-3.9 C3=Don’t Know B3=4.0-4.9 C3=Mostly True B3= 5.0 or greater C3=Definitely True Thank you for your help! Hi This should do it: =IF(B3=0,"",IF(B3<2,"Definet...