Need pop-up form/report to populate based on current record

I'm trying to create a pop-up form or report that will populate with a few
fields from an existing form. Ideally, I'd like to open the existing form,
type in data for a new record, then hit a button that will open the pop-up
form that contains data I just entered. The pop-up document is a checklist
that will be printed out and written on manually, but I want to avoid having
to write down the pertinent existing information that I just input.

I'm using Access 2003, and the Help utility isn't helping. Any assistance
would be much appreciated.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Hi

You can use multiple criteria but it may start to get a bit much.. There is
a common technique used (qbf) that will filter a query (that you report is
based on) useing the data you select on a form.

Have a look at the main MS website for the method to use "query by form".
It looks a bit difficult at first but once you get started you will find it's
really very simple.

Try this link to start with

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304428/en-us

good luck

--
Wayne
Manchester, England.

"Rudolphia" <Rudolphia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

 > Thanks, Wayne. If I have multiple form
 > controls to populate into the report,
 > do I just separate the different expressions
 > with commas?

Reports are not populated from Form Controls -- they are populated from data
stored in Tables, accessed directly, or accessed via a Query that you use as
the RecordSource of the Report.

If you have just entered a brand-new Record, you will have to ensure that it
has been saved before trying to view it in a Report. In bound Forms, the
Record is saved when you move off that Record to a different one, when you
close the Form, or when you move the cursor into a Subform Control on the
Form; or by VBA code, setting the Dirty property of the Form to False, or by
the DoCmd.RunCommand statement with acSaveRecord (make certain that my
memory was accurate on that builtin constant's name) argument specified.

 Larry Linson
 Microsoft Access MVP

0
Larry

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Excel need help

Form view
I have created a form in access. Whenever it is open, it opens in a maximied view (fill screen), how can I set it up so that it opens in a minimised view If you actually mean minimized, then set the Window Mode arguement of the OpenForm method to acIcon. If, on the other hand, you want it smaller than fully maximized, in desing view, set the size of the form, then save it. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "nir020" wrote: > I have created a form in access. Whenever it is open, it opens in a maximied > view (fill screen), how can I set it up so that it opens in a mi...

New Address type picklist value not appearing in picklist on forms
Hi, I've customized my Customer Address form to add a new AddressType value of "Registered Office"; value is 6 and I can see it when I go into the form customization editor. However, when I try to add a new address to, say, a Contact, this new address type value isn't shown. Ditto if I attempt to edit an existing address. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. -- Michael Mayne Did you publish the forms and then issue an IISRESET? Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 10:21:04 -0800, ...

Budget Record for Dividends in Broker Account
I am trying to set up my budget to include dividends from one of my Investment accounts. =the account has the "include in Budget Planner" box checked =Dividends are recorded as "Investment Income : Dividends" using the Investment tab in Tools for Dividend Income The dividend transactions are not included in any of the Budget Planner categories for Income. There is a category listed as Irregular Income, with a category called, "Investment Income : Dividends" Is there a particular reason why these transactions aren't picked up? Possibly because they ...

Need Help Linking Sheets

daily report
can i create a report log for each day and make a macro button to allow users to purge into a wrkbook. Can the wrkbook be set up to take in each day log as a worksheet? How many days can i do? basically i want a journal of activity recorded on site and to have in here on spreadshhet. OR is it better to link it to another program such as word or access? any ideas as to which is effective for use. THANKS! The number of worksheets in a workbook is limited by your pc's memory. Have you thought of adding a time/date to your log and bringing the log into just one worksheet (limit of...

Command Button to Uncheck Checkbox on all records
I create a command button to uncheck a checkbox on the form, which works, but I want it to uncheck the the same checkbox on all records. I am doing this for the church and am not using access on a regular basis, so I just need the rest of the code. Thanks for any help. -- Kate Just learning to use access Kate, You will need an Update Query. You can do this in code, which runs on the Click event of your command button, like this: CurrentDb.Execute "UPDATE YourTable SET YourYesNoField = 0", dbFailOnError -- Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP Kate wrote: > I create a com...

Macro help needed........

Popup Form with Combo Box
I have a popup form with a combobox to select a field from a query to generate a report. The combobox however needs to pull from mnemonic2 and mnemonic3 fields in table PDM. I cannot make an appended filed in the table as it is on a server and is unchangable. 1. Can I make an appended field in the query for the 2 fields to which I can attach the form to open when the report starts? I have tried to combine the fields and that just merges the 2 different mnemonics for the item. I just want to search both columns for the mnemonic enetered by the user. 2. Can the combo box search both fields wit...

My Outlook 2003 follow up flags don't pop up as reminders?
I have used ollow up flags extensively before on previous laptops and previous server systems, but for some reason when I set a reminder on an outgoing email on my current system it doesn't pop up at the set time and go into the reminders task schedule - any ideas? For Outlook 2003 and previous, flags only work for items in the Inbox. Outlook 2007 fires reminders for flagged items in any folders. You can make it work for previous versions of Outlook by using this add-in; http://addins.howto-outlook.com/slovaktech_extendedreminders -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coautho...

Need to test a mobo

Display Multiple User Forms
Is there a way to display two userforms simulataneously. I have an application with about 10 data entry forms. I want to creat a navigation form that would always be open that would allow the use to jump from one form to another. How can I do this? Thanks for any help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you have Excel2000 or later, just create modeless forms (ShowModal property = False) -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Ripan >" <<Ripan.103gp7@exce...

Help needed

Need help on this....thanks

I need Help

need help badly

display fields based on a count
Hi all I have unbound fields on a form to capture dates entered by the user, the field [PlannedDays] holds the number of relevant days. The fields are named Date2, Date3.... to Date11. Is it possible to only display the correct amount of date fields based on the value in [PlannedDays]? eg if [PlannedDays]=3 then only date fields [Date2], [Date3] and Date4] should be visible for input on the form? I will then need to add these dates via code to a table called [ItineraryDates] field [ReviewDates] (one record per date). Thanks... Sue hi Sue, On 20.04.2010 11:56, Sue ...

Access Form Printing
Hi, I have a form in Access 2003 which contains a few title lables. On the screen they look fine, but when I go to print everything looks great except the titles are garbled up and sometimes reduced to a really small size so you can't even see it. I am very confused about why this is happening. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike Mike If you are trying to print a "form", consider another approach. Forms work great to display information on-screen, and provide users and interactive view of data, but reports in Access are specifically intended to be p...

Error accessing control when form not open
On a form when trying to get a value from a field it displays Run-time error 2450 when the form is not open. In this case instead of displaying the error how can I get a value from a control on a different form? You can only get a value from an open form that is displaying that value. Just refer to the control on the open form: [Forms]![OtherForm]![Text1] Use DLookup to get a value from an underlying table. The form does not need to be open. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Robin9876" <robin9876@hotmail....

Need Help Despertly!

Adding textboxes based on what user inputs in Total Students textb
Hi All, How can I add text boxes on the form based on what user inputs in a textbox? For eg: I have a textbox "Total Students" , so Once I input a number in that textbox, I want to have that many textboxes on the form. If I input 4 I want four textboxes to be displayed on the form. In addition to this: I want all this textboxes to be displayed in a specific frame, I have made this frame as "vertically scrollable" as I have limited space on my form and want to fit in as many textbo, Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance ...