Need parameter to write data to table: please help!

I have a query that tells me how long each batch will take to make in the
factory.
The fields are: release date, priority, status, work order number, vessel,
vessel group, and total time.

I would like to input the start time for the highest priority (lowest
number) batch for each vessel group. I am going to use a form for this.

How do I write a parameter to only use the start date I input for the lowest
numbered priority in each vessel group?

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Create your form first.  Then wherever you want to use the start date in your
query, just right click and select build.. then browse to your form, find the
control ( textbox, combobox, whatever ) and find the property you want to
display.

Like for a textbox you want to choose .text, it will look something like:
[Forms]![Form2]![text24].[text]

You can use that wherever you could use any field from your tables.

Hope it helps

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 10:39:00 -0700, Lance <Lance@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Create your form first.  Then wherever you want to use the start date in your
>query, just right click and select build.. then browse to your form, find the
>control ( textbox, combobox, whatever ) and find the property you want to
>display.
>
>Like for a textbox you want to choose .text, it will look something like:
>[Forms]![Form2]![text24].[text]

Actually, it's probably preferable to use the default Value property; you can
do so by just using [Forms]![Form2]![text24] as a criterion in your query.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
10/30/2007 1:52:48 AM
The only problem is that I don't want it to be the default value for every
record in my query...just for the lowest numbered priority for each resource.

Example:
Priority          Start                        Finish            Resource
1                1/1/01 5 am         1/2/01 4 pm             1
2                1/1/01 5 am         1/2/01 1 pm             2
3                1/2/01 4 pm         1/2/01 11 pm           1
4                1/2/01 1 pm         1/2/01 7 pm             2
5                1/2/01 11 pm        1/3/01 4 pm            1

So, the batches with a priority of 1 & 2 start at the same time, because
they have different resources.

I have asked this question in a different format in the Question titled:
"Help with Query", so maybe this is a moot point.

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 10:39:00 -0700, Lance <Lance@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Create your form first.  Then wherever you want to use the start date in your
> >query, just right click and select build.. then browse to your form, find the
> >control ( textbox, combobox, whatever ) and find the property you want to
> >display.
> >
> >Like for a textbox you want to choose .text, it will look something like:
> >[Forms]![Form2]![text24].[text]
>
> Actually, it's probably preferable to use the default Value property; you can
> do so by just using [Forms]![Form2]![text24] as a criterion in your query.
>

>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

Importing spreadsheet to a table from a button?
We recieve information weekly and sometimes more frequent then that. I have a access database set up with a table, queries and reports. What I would like to do is instead of having to manually go in and import the table to make it more user friendly to the folks that don't know how to use access that well. I figure this will have to be done through code to call the worksheets, but I would like to create a button on a form that when selected it will automatically import the spreadsheet directly to the table. If it has to call the wizard that still would not be as bad and navigating throug...

Extracting Data #2
Dear All, I need a help on data extracting... I have a data abt 12 col and 40 rows with header in each col. the header like --- Inv no, Inv Dt, Customer Name, amount, chq no Chq date etc.... there are mutiple records (ie. rows) for a customer, i want to lis all the records / rows pertining to a customer and make report in a diff worksheet. I can do this using advance filter, but if i change the the custome name resepective rows will not get changed dynamically, again i have to do the whole process of advance filter.. cud u plz suggest same other method so that records are dynamicall chan...

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

How do I plot Excel data on a floorplan?
I'm trying to find a way to plot data from an Excel worksheet on a floorplan diagram. The data reflects room assignments for a hospital, so some data stays the same for days while other data changes on a twice a day basis. I want to enable someone to be able to enter the data on the worksheet and have excel output the names, etc in the proper room assignments on the floorplan automatically. The users could then print this floorplan to locate the assignments more easily. I can either scan a hardcopy of the floorplan, or I have access to Visio so I could also quickly construct a d...

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

Please Fix the NG Microsoft!
This NG has so many posts that have nothing to do with CRM that it's getting to the point of making this NG virtually useless for CRM. Please fix this problem Microsoft so we don't have to sort through all the posts looking for the few CRM posts. -- Brandon IT Director Office Equipment & Supplies at http://www.presentationsdirect.com I agree this NG is getting cluttered again, but I'd rather have MS spend more time on getting CRM to be a workable product. In the very least they should respond more to people's issues here,......... -G "Brandon S." <bsm...

Need to test a mobo

Data Lables, series and Scatterplots
Is there any way to get excel scatterplots to recognize a third column (or row) as a series for a scatterplot? FOr example I have data as: Sequence Long Lat 1 49.12 28.05 2 49.17 28.34 3 49.5 28.48 4 49.17 28.36 I would like to plot Long(itude) as X axis and Lat(itude) as Y on scatterplot (which I can do). But I would also like to identify the sequence number fopr each point. I thought I could do that by getting the Sequence numbers to represent a series, but can't sseem to get that in a scatterplot. Is there any other chart...

Help needed

Help with formula 12-17-09

How to emulate Footer with table
I'm using a third party software (Oracle's BI Publisher) that allows me to consume XML and generate forms using designed Templates in Word. It can make use of the native header/footer in Word to handle pagination nicely however some of the functions I need to use cannot be used within a Word footer. Is there a way to duplicate the properties of a footer on a table? For example, the table would need to anchor to the bottom of the page, not move with the text above and print on every sheet. My document currently consists of 2 seperate tables... the body content and the...

Need help on this....thanks

Repeat Data from Cell Above
Hello All: I have a report that has been imported in to XL and am trying to wor with the data but have a pain staking task ahead. Example: Serial No TitleName Units OrderNo 35270 International Views 20 123 15 667 18 445 50 552 41155 RoloText 12 124 My goal is to have the TitleName repeat in the blank cells, as th values in the adj. cells belong to TitleName. TIA, Dheera -- Dheeraj_ -----------------------------------------------------------...

I need Help

need help badly

combining data
I have two sets of data (1) Jan - June and (2) July - December. The reason I have the data on two different sheets is because it goes past the number of rows allowed on one. I would like to run one report, Pivot Table, to show Jan - December together. Is there a way to do this? Thank you in advance for your help. ...

Ones in pivot table
Hello, I import my pivot table data from an external data source (MS Access query) and it displays like this: http://www.geocities.com/blinton25/Count.jpg instead of showing values. If I double click on any of "2's", a new worksheet is generated showing me the actual values. How do I make the values show like this: http://www.geocities.com/blinton25/Count2.jpg Brenda, Post a small table of your data: you probably need to change what data you are using in the pibot table, and change from count to sum for the fields. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Brenda Love" &...

Need Help Despertly!

Plug in needed