Need help in list box

Dear Sirs ,

Could you please explain to me how could I place a question in
allenbrowne.com and from where I can view the respond ?

Now I have a question and I need your help , it is very urgent
please .

I am using Microsoft access 2007 and I have a table called =93Type
Table=94  it contains tow fields : Typecode and TypeName  , so when I
have a new type I will add it to this table  .

I have a second table called =93Etape Table=94 it contains a several field
and one of these fields called =93 type code=94  (take the data from the
Type Table)

I need to create a  form  to view all the etapes related to  types
that I will select from a list box .
So my question is :

How can I create a list box contains all the type that=92s in =93Type
Table=94 and near each type I need to appear a  check box , from that I
can click on these check box to select the types that I need to filter
and view all the etapes that related to the types selected ?

Example assuming we have in the type table three value : red, green
and white  and I have in the Etape table several etapes related to :
red, green and white

So when I open this list box it appear like trhis
Red       check box to select or deselect the red
green       check box to select or deselect the green
white       check box to select or deselect the white

and after each selection the data appear in the form based on the
selection .

Regards ,
0
Wisso
4/30/2010 1:22:02 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 06:22:02 -0700 (PDT), Wisso
<wissambazzoun@socimex.net> wrote:

I probably would not use a listbox but a subform. It would have the
checkbox column to select rows, a hidden column with TypeID, and a
visible column with TypeName.
I would have a new table IN THE FRONT-END with 2 columns:
PrimaryKeyValue (long int) and IsSelected (yes/no). When the subform
is opened I populate this table with (in this case) all TypeCodes
using an Append query. Then my subform uses a query as its
RecordSource that is a join between this table and the Types table.
Now the user can select some checkboxes, and my table will get
IsSelected set to Yes for some PrimaryKeyValues.
Next I can use this information to filter the Etapes. That form will
use a query as its RecordSource that is a join between Etapes and my
table, where IsSelected is True.

It takes a bit of time to setup for the first time, but it is a nice,
user friendly, and reusable design pattern.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>Dear Sirs ,
>
>Could you please explain to me how could I place a question in
>allenbrowne.com and from where I can view the respond ?
>
>Now I have a question and I need your help , it is very urgent
>please .
>
>I am using Microsoft access 2007 and I have a table called �Type
>Table�  it contains tow fields : Typecode and TypeName  , so when I
>have a new type I will add it to this table  .
>
>I have a second table called �Etape Table� it contains a several field
>and one of these fields called � type code�  (take the data from the
>Type Table)
>
>I need to create a  form  to view all the etapes related to  types
>that I will select from a list box .
>So my question is :
>
>How can I create a list box contains all the type that�s in �Type
>Table� and near each type I need to appear a  check box , from that I
>can click on these check box to select the types that I need to filter
>and view all the etapes that related to the types selected ?
>
>Example assuming we have in the type table three value : red, green
>and white  and I have in the Etape table several etapes related to :
>red, green and white
>
>So when I open this list box it appear like trhis
>Red       check box to select or deselect the red
>green       check box to select or deselect the green
>white       check box to select or deselect the white
>

>and after each selection the data appear in the form based on the
>selection .
>
>Regards ,
0
Tom
4/30/2010 1:35:20 PM
On Apr 30, 2:35=A0pm, Tom van Stiphout <tom7744.no.s...@cox.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 06:22:02 -0700 (PDT), Wisso
>
> <wissambazz...@socimex.net> wrote:
>
> I probably would not use a listbox but a subform. It would have the
> checkbox column to select rows, a hidden column with TypeID, and a
> visible column with TypeName.
> I would have a new table IN THE FRONT-END with 2 columns:
> PrimaryKeyValue (long int) and IsSelected (yes/no). When the subform
> is opened I populate this table with (in this case) all TypeCodes
> using an Append query. Then my subform uses a query as its
> RecordSource that is a join between this table and the Types table.
> Now the user can select some checkboxes, and my table will get
> IsSelected set to Yes for some PrimaryKeyValues.
> Next I can use this information to filter the Etapes. That form will
> use a query as its RecordSource that is a join between Etapes and my
> table, where IsSelected is True.
>
> It takes a bit of time to setup for the first time, but it is a nice,
> user friendly, and reusable design pattern.
>
> -Tom.
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> >Dear Sirs ,
>
> >Could you please explain to me how could I place a question in
> >allenbrowne.com and from where I can view the respond ?
>
> >Now I have a question and I need your help , it is very urgent
> >please .
>
> >I am using Microsoft access 2007 and I have a table called =93Type
> >Table=94 =A0it contains tow fields : Typecode and TypeName =A0, so when =
> >have a new type I will add it to this table =A0.
>
> >I have a second table called =93Etape Table=94 it contains a several fie=
ld
> >and one of these fields called =93 type code=94 =A0(take the data from t=
he
> >Type Table)
>
> >I need to create a =A0form =A0to view all the etapes related to =A0types
> >that I will select from a list box .
> >So my question is :
>
> >How can I create a list box contains all the type that=92s in =93Type
> >Table=94 and near each type I need to appear a =A0check box , from that =
> >can click on these check box to select the types that I need to filter
> >and view all the etapes that related to the types selected ?
>
> >Example assuming we have in the type table three value : red, green
> >and white =A0and I have in the Etape table several etapes related to :
> >red, green and white
>
> >So when I open this list box it appear like trhis
> >Red =A0 =A0 =A0 check box to select or deselect the red
> >green =A0 =A0 =A0 check box to select or deselect the green
> >white =A0 =A0 =A0 check box to select or deselect the white
>
> >and after each selection the data appear in the form based on the
> >selection .
>
> >Regards ,- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Tom ,
you give me a very good solution , but i made a some change on it .
instead to create a new table and append a query from type table to
this new table , i add just a new field to the type table and named
IsSelected a continue the next work normally
0
Wisso
4/30/2010 4:50:37 PM
On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 09:50:37 -0700 (PDT), Wisso
<wissambazzoun@socimex.net> wrote:

That works great IF you are the only user.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

??????:567c4875-01f9-4157-aff8-6949f4a28d61@i9g2000yqi.googlegroups.com...
[...]

ykj7050

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

dependant combobox list
I am trying to add "salesman" information to a combobox that is dependant upon the dealership name I insert in another combobox. I have the dealership names in column A. Q: How do I get the second combox to insert the appropriate name? Should I make a separate sheet using the dealership names as headers, or can I add the salesmens name in the rows beside the already-present dealership name? Then, how do I get the second combobox to pick it up? I am using a Userform and VBA. Have lists of salesman by dealearship in columns, name those lists (Insert>Name>Define...) with the dea...

Macro help needed........

Popup Form with Combo Box
I have a popup form with a combobox to select a field from a query to generate a report. The combobox however needs to pull from mnemonic2 and mnemonic3 fields in table PDM. I cannot make an appended filed in the table as it is on a server and is unchangable. 1. Can I make an appended field in the query for the 2 fields to which I can attach the form to open when the report starts? I have tried to combine the fields and that just merges the 2 different mnemonics for the item. I just want to search both columns for the mnemonic enetered by the user. 2. Can the combo box search both fields wit...

text boxes filled with color
When I fill any text bos with color while creating anm e-mail publication, the text boxes are converted into images instead of text, thus making my file size bigger. How to change this? Lavanya <Lavanya@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > When I fill any text bos with color while creating anm e-mail > publication, the text boxes are converted into images instead of > text, thus making my file size bigger. How to change this? There is no way to change it. This is the way Publisher works. Publisher is not designed for outputting small HTML code. --...

Need to test a mobo

Combo Box Text Alignment
Is it possible to tweek the text alignment in a combo box other then the standard "Left-Right-Center" preset options ? Thanks - George What specifically are you looking for? Assuming you use a query as the RowSource, you've always got the option of concatenating spaces in front (or after) a field. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1366215-05A0-45BB-A27B-272A47458FC8@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to tweek the text alignment in a ...

Help needed

Help with formula 12-17-09

Need help on this....thanks

Clarification on EWS/Exchange 2007 free/busy issue
Clarification: Free/busy is denied to any user that has been granted specific access to a user's calendar when EWS is used to add/change a permission for a person or group. If the user is a member of a security group listed with access to the calendars, all users in the group will be denied access to free/busy to the calendar. We've discovered that when a user uses EWS (version 13.0.3) to modify calendar permissions (Exchange 2007) on his/her calendar that this causes an issue where the free/busy info is no longer available to any user listed/granted specific access to the u...

Help with Error
I got this error recently, and just want to make sure I'm reading it right. Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE)" - Windows 2000 account PARADIGM\user1; mailbox /o=Paradigm/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=user2. Error: -2147221231 Does this mean the user1 tried to access the user2 mailbox and failed? Thanks in advance hello albert, well, this looks familiar to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260782 and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309113 regards, Alex "AlbertP&quo...

I need Help

need help badly

help with a table
now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that same table? On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:39:05 -0700, Maggie <schmidt.margaret@gmail.com> wrote: >now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that >I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that >same table? Use File... Get External Data... Link to link to a textfile containing the information from the EMail, and run an Append query to append it into your stored table. John W. Vinso...

Help, MVP!
Milly, Sue, Vince.. Can you help 'fix' this- I have still not found the cure, thank you! Outlook 2000 (Internet Only) is set to check for mail ever five minutes. However, when it does so, Outlook now insists on displaying the dialog box stating that the "Requested tasks were completed successfully." The dialog box has a "Hide this message" box which is checked, and the push pin is not 'set'. I must have messed up a setting when I reset my toolbars... (issue resolved - I accidentally pinned the toolbar to the desktop, went nuts till I figure out a doub...

Force REPLY to go back to distribution list
I have an issue whereby a department is insisting that they want their mailing lists marked so that any time anyone clicks REPLY (not "REPLY ALL" - they refuse that as an acceptable solution, it must be REPLY) that the reply message goes back to the distribution list and not the message originator. They further insist that this capability must occur on the mail server (and not on Outlookclient side), since they use a multitude of different mail clients (many on Unix/Linux) and therefore it is a server-side responsibility to make this happen. They say that this capability exists in ...

Need Help Despertly!

Plug in needed