Multiple Value Lookup field

I need to add multiple values to a look up field and I just found out that
new to Access 2007 I can add multi-values to my look-up fields.  I just tried
doing this, but for some reason in the look-up wizard there is no check box
that says "Allow Multiple Values", so then I went to the Lookup tab in the
field properties to see if there was an Allow Multiple Values property and
there was none.  Not sure if this would mean anything, but this table was
converted from Access 2003 to Access 2007.
Why do I not have this option and what I can do about it?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 12:58:03 -0800, Suzanne
<Suzanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

This feature only works with accdb - style databases. That's a new
file format introduced with A2007. It does not work with mdb - style
databases of any version. You can convert your db to this new format,
using File > Save As.

-Tom.

>I need to add multiple values to a look up field and I just found out that
>new to Access 2007 I can add multi-values to my look-up fields.  I just tried
>doing this, but for some reason in the look-up wizard there is no check box
>that says "Allow Multiple Values", so then I went to the Lookup tab in the
>field properties to see if there was an Allow Multiple Values property and
>there was none.  Not sure if this would mean anything, but this table was
>converted from Access 2003 to Access 2007.
>Why do I not have this option and what I can do about it?
0
Tom
11/13/2007 4:18:02 AM
On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 12:58:03 -0800, Suzanne
<Suzanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I need to add multiple values to a look up field

No. You don't.

<whatsises>, you need three tables to resolve the many to many relationship. A
classic example is school enrollment. You don't need a multiple value lookup
field to show which classes a student is taking! You instead need tables like

Students
 StudentID
 <bio info about the student>

Classes
  ClassNo
  ClassName
  <info about the class as a whole>

Enrollment
  ClassNo <what class is this student in>
  StudentID <who's the student>

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
11/13/2007 6:09:29 AM
Thank you!!

"Tom van Stiphout" wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 12:58:03 -0800, Suzanne
> <Suzanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> This feature only works with accdb - style databases. That's a new
> file format introduced with A2007. It does not work with mdb - style
> databases of any version. You can convert your db to this new format,
> using File > Save As.
>
> -Tom.
>

> >I need to add multiple values to a look up field and I just found out that
> >new to Access 2007 I can add multi-values to my look-up fields.  I just tried
> >doing this, but for some reason in the look-up wizard there is no check box
> >that says "Allow Multiple Values", so then I went to the Lookup tab in the
> >field properties to see if there was an Allow Multiple Values property and
> >there was none.  Not sure if this would mean anything, but this table was
> >converted from Access 2003 to Access 2007.
> >Why do I not have this option and what I can do about it?

compute one of two missing value?
I want to create a table like this: column A is the name of the person column B is height in feet column C is height in meters How do I set it up so that if I enter a number in the feet column, excel would calculate and fill in the meter column, and if I fill in the meter column, excel would calculate and fill in the feet column? use a worksheet_change event if target.column=2 then target.offset(,1)=target*_____ if target.column=3 then target.offset(,-1)=target/_____ -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "james" <nospa...

Removing multiple hyperlinks

Create a list with multiple criteria

Charting multiple multiples

Single click selects multiple cells

Suppressing Values in Autofilter Criteria List
Hello, I'm not a VBA guy, but I think what I'm trying to do can only get done with some lines of code. Any help would be appreciated. I've a fairly large data set that I'd like to be able to apply advanced filters to. I would like the source table for criteria to update automatically based on values from other criteria entered. For example: Column A could be Region. Column B could be job. Column C could be Salary Grade. I would like, should I choose East Region, for the list of possible jobs to be then updated automatically to exclude any jobs that are ...

Make Excel's "grab and drag" behave like cut and paste "values only" ?
Excel question. Is there an easy way to make Excel's "grab and drag" behave like cut and paste "values only" ? Scenario : One sheet has input data Another sheet has formula to display output data which uses the input data as its variables There is a close positional match of data on both sheets (e.g. data entered A1 on sheet 1 affects the results in A1 on sheet 2) What I would like to be able to use Excel's "grab and drag" (this is where you put the mouse cursor right on the edge of a highlighted block of data and drag it to another location...

distributing data into multiple cells

GPS Coordinates Field
Good day, Seems like default addresses have a longitude and latitude field within MSCRM 1.2. Unfortunately a float data type has been configured which does not allow for modification. The format of a coordinate would be something like Of course we could enter our own custom field but with MS Map Point being a future consideration we would like leverage from this by using captured data in the correct format... Depending on accuracy required we could have values such as Redmond being 47-40'27.32 The only allowable format wraps the numerical value entered into something in the fashion o...

Sending to multiple addresses

Combine rows based on values in column 1
Is there an excel feature that would let you combine rows based on the unique value of a column? The DATA, SUBTOTAL almost does what I want, except it doesn't work with text. For example: A X B Y C Z A X C Z C J B M Combine to: A X X B M Y C Z J Z I can write a routine that will do this - but it is a little tedious: sort, then row by row & column by column moving the last non-empty value down to the next row until col 1 changes, then deleting all rows prior to my 'total' row with...

Some basic reporting fields
1. Daily Sales by register, the register number field was "filter value invalid" why is this when i am putting in the right register number? 2. How can i pull a daily sales but when i try to input a date in the date field, it is not giving me that particular date? It is saying that a numeric field is required. I put in it as 10/21/2005 and this is the format, so i do not understand why this is happening? 3. In the detail sales report, every item is listed even if that item is sold 10 times, it shows up 10 times, how can i get a summary of the detail sales. The summary sales rep...

Remember selections in Table Names Lookup window (Dex Runtime)
In Microsoft Dynamics GP, the user can view details on database tables in the Table Descriptions window (Tools>>Resource Descriptions>>Tables). If the user clicks the elipsis (...) button to the right of the table name, a lookup window opens. The user needs to choose both the product, series, and view by option that he or she is working with, and the list of tables will display. At least 10 times a day I go into this window, and oftentimes I don't select the table I really want first. That means I need to do a second lookup, select the product, series, and view by aga...

Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists

multiple selection

Multiple domains #6

Combine multiple tables into one

Accessing at runtime nested method's parameters values
Hi all, I have some C# code with nested method call and I would like during runtime to log on different level the values of method parameters (just like VS offers Debug-> Windows->Call Stack). Is it possible because StackTrace class does not seems to offer support of accessing parameters values, it support just paremeter types and names ? best regards, Milan. On 08-03-2010 12:43, Milan wrote: > I have some C# code with nested method call and I would like during runtime > to log on different level the values of method parameters (just like VS > offers Debu...

Finding Data in multiple worksheets
Using Excel 2000, how can I find data in multiple worksheets; example: any number between 200 & 299 in 32 worksheets? If you mean you want to find a single number across 32 worksheets, group your worksheets (click on the first, ctrl-click on subsequent (or even shift-click)). Then Edit|Find But I think I'd use Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/ If you meant you wanted to find all 100 numbers (200-299) in all 32 sheets, then I think I'd have a macro search for each number and report the results on a new worksheet. "mark@southwestconst.com&quo...

Scan a coupon value into RMS
Is there an add-on that will allow you to scan a coupon and decode the value of the coupon and enter it into RMS? Jay ------=_NextPart_0001_83041615 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning Jay, Thank you for posting your coupon question. I have not heard of any add-ons that would do this; and would recommend that you enter this as a Product Suggestion: http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Newsgroups/dgbrowser/en -us/wizard.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.pos&lang=en&cr=US&type=suggestion Todd Berger Microsoft Online Support Get ...