Mouse select problem

I keep running into this problem from time to time. My mouse will act as if
the shift key is pressed and selects everything between the current cursor
position and the click. This manifests in VBA, in fields on the Property
window and in query designer.

If I restart Access the problem goes away.

Sticky keys are off.
Access 2003, XP Pro

If I remember correctly this also happened in previous versions of Access
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

This happens when you keep the shift key pressed for too long at a time.
There is a solution to undo it that I forgot.  You could search for it.

My solution -- get out of the habit of holding down the shift key.

--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

"Steve" wrote:

> I keep running into this problem from time to time. My mouse will act as if
> the shift key is pressed and selects everything between the current cursor
> position and the click. This manifests in VBA, in fields on the Property
> window and in query designer.
>
> If I restart Access the problem goes away.
>
> Sticky keys are off.
> Access 2003, XP Pro
>
> If I remember correctly this also happened in previous versions of Access

How regain ability to scroll down pages with my mouse ball?
I often lose the ability to scroll down Word pages with my mouse ball? I use a Mac Mighty Mouse while working in a Fusion-created Windows environment on my Mac. Thanks, Karl ...

Optimize event selection
Hi, I am trying to select the best event for a particular day. There are 3 types of possible events, and there can be multiple instances of the same possible event. I need to figure out which is the longest contiguous event for each event type, and then which is the longest contiguous event out of all the event types. Here is a sample from my spreadsheet where 1st col is time, next 3 cols are the event types, called ones, twos & threes. What I would like is a table showing the longest contiguous span of time for each event type, and which is the longest of all the spans for the day. Time...

Problems when trying to publish
Hi Trying to make my first web-site ever. Have prepared a page in Publisher 2003, but when I try to publish on my www adr. I receive a message as follows after having filled in the www-adr as "file name" and said SAVE: -- Filtered HTML-files are smaller than regular HTML-files, and can be published to and downloaded from the internet more quickly.... To make any changes to the web-site, first edit the original .pub file in the Publisher and then publish it again using the publish to the web command on the file menu. Saying OK to this, nothing more happends, and nothing i...

fonts problem
Hello, I'm having problems with my signature. The signature is set in our company font, Helvetica 55. We use Word as editor, and send in HTML format. When sending out mail, the font for the body and signature is in Helvetica. When replying to an email, the body font is usually in Helvetica (not always) but the signature font changes to Arial, Tahoma or Times roughly in line with the font of the original email (but not always.) Replies to internal mail is still in Helvetica. Any advice or help? Many thanks NEIL ...

E-mail Excel worksheet based upon selection of combo box
I'm using the form toolbar combo-box with a pre-defined list that is on a hidden sheet. The list starts at 1, not 0. The goal that I am trying to reach is if a particular plant is selected in the combo-box (plant 1, plant 2, plant 3), when the e-mail button is clicked, it will send it to the person under that plant. I tried several different options including: Try 1: If ActiveSheet.Shapes("dd_plant").ListIndex = 2 Then .SendMail "melissa.werblan@omnova.com", "DP Routing Create/ Update/Change Form - Monroe", yes ElseIf ActiveSheet.Shapes("d...

GP BOM should be able to select variable BOM from date or range
I had a request from prospect to see if GP could allow their Mfg Mgrs to create a cutoff or date range from which to select different BOMs. For example: They wish to change ingredients used in a dietary supplement starting Tuesday. Work orders from Tues onward would use an alternate BOM. All work orders prior to Tuesday would used the original BOM. There are other similar scenarios. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the...

Wandering Mouse
I know that this is not strictly an Office query but does anyone know how to stop my mouse wandering. In all applications and even on the desktop screen my mouse moves in a diagonal direction of its own accord and I cannot control its movement. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. If this is on a Dell laptop, it is a fairly common problem for the cursor to "wander" from time to time. It generalyy stops aftr several seconds, but is annoying all the same. If this is not the case, have you tried another mouse? -- Ian -- "Allan" <Allan@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Chart from nonadjacent selections
I am trying to create a chart using nonadjacent selections and the chart wizard does not seem to be representing the data in a way I can understand. It has worked fine for two previous charts - producing a column chart showing a comparison between two sets of figures across a number of weeks. This time the chart wizard seems to be spreading the data out using X categories I cannot understand and not showing the data grouped by week for comparison. Any ideas what I can do? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usen...

OL 2003 and GroupWise IM: are there any problems with these two on the same machine?
I've got Outlook 2003 on my desktop. My supervisor would like to put the GroupWise instant messenger (sorry, I don't know its name) onto my desktop as well. Do the two of these things "play nice" with one another? Rod ...

mouse over effect
I used to be able to use the mouse over effect to change the displayed picture on the website. I have forgotten how to do it. HELP Select the image in the page and use Format Behaviors - select the image swap from the task bar -- _____________________________________________ SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ] "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-; _____________________________________________ "Bas" <Bas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:853A1E23-E935-4D61-9D5C-104CEBD10C03@microsoft.com... ...

Problem installing #2
When I place the disc in the computer, nothing comes up. No files come up! Is it possible I have a blank disc? Thanks for any help you can give. In microsoft.public.money, Cspencer wrote: >When I place the disc in the computer, nothing comes up. No files come up! Is >it possible I have a blank disc? Does that disk say Microsoft Money 2006 on it? If so, continue. Otherwise, you may be using a blank disk. It goes into the CD/DVD drive shiny side down. If you have had somebody help you with the computer, autorun may be turned off; it certainly is on my computers. So use Windows ...

Problems with SEH
Hope someone can help me out on this. Am beginning to feel a bit frustrated. Feel like I have tried everything already (which probably really is not so) and I have no clue how to continue. The project I am working should have been ready a couple of weeks ago. So, here it is. I have this MFC dialog based application using OLE DB consumer classes and using Winsock support. Also, using a wrapper class structured exceptions are to be caught (took me a while to find that I would need the /EHa compiler flag for this). Basically, the MyApp::InitInstance() of the application looks like as follows. ...

HLOOKUP problem...
I'm having a problem getting HLOOKUP to work where my data is on another sheet and the table array comes before the lookup value. For instance, on sheet2 I have a list of names in column G and money amounts in column F. So on sheet1 I coded: =HLOOKUP(Sheet2!"Bob Smith",F12:F20,1,FALSE). I Want to get the money amount from column F that corresponds with Bob Smith in Column G but it's not working. I'd appreciate any assistance. Thanks. silas Try this: A1 = Bob Smith =INDEX(Sheet2!F$12:F$20,MATCH(A1,Sheet2!G$12:G$20,0)) Or, if you want to hardcode it into the f...

Highlight selected row
Is there any way that when I am entering data in a spreadsheet, as move to each row the whole row is highlighted ? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Right click sheet tab>view code>insert this>save Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexNone Target.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 36 End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Markl >" <<Markl.1bfxrt@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Markl.1bfxrt@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is there any way...

Problem with Sound
I think, it could be a Windows problem, so I'm posting here... I have Win 7 x64, which generally works fine. However, recently a sound problem developed. Sometimes, after a boot up, there is no sound, while the speaker icon in the notification area (next to the clock) looks normal. In other instances, after the boot up, the speaker icon has red x, but sound is working, or no sound. As I see it, when Win 7 is booting up, the sound system either loads or not, and the speaker icon does not reflect the actual state of the sound system. Most of the times, re-booting solves the prob...

Populating cells by selecting items from Combo Box? How to?
I have a combo box with three different house models. I need th spreadsheet to show the square footage of each side of the house fo each model when it is selected from the combo box. Basically I have four cells in a column, Side 1, Side 2, Side 3,Side for each side of the house. Then, next to each of those cells I woul like the values of the square footage to show up when that particula house model is selected from the combo box (the square foot #s ar always the same and can be inputted beforehand) I'm not sure if there is a way to do this without using much code(don' have much kno...

tooltip without a mouse over it?
Hi, I have tooltips working in my statusbar. Currently they work when I place the mouse over them (like they're supposed to). I'm wondering if its possible to trigger them to appear briefly when the mouse isn't over them. This'll be useful to me because it can indicate that a state has changed in the program without being too intrusive. Any ideas on how i can do this? Brett. Hi, I think it can be possible. See in windows all the controls are derived from the class CWnd. So the user defined controls also derived from that class only. Now the current situation is if we mo...

Importing Problems with Outlook97
I am trying to import a .pst file into Outlook 97 after re- installing the progam. I get an error message telling me that I don't have permission to access the file that I'm trying to import. Any ideas? Big Stu <bigstu@mail.com> wrote: > I am trying to import a .pst file into Outlook 97 after re- > installing the progam. I get an error message telling me > that I don't have permission to access the file that I'm > trying to import. Assuming you copied the PST to a CD, copy it back from the CD to the hard drive, right-click it, choose Properties, and...

VBA handling of selected cells in multiple areas
OS X 10.6.2 Excel 2004 11.5.6 (090928) I'm hoping someone might be willing to see if an error I'm experiencing with VBA for Excel 2004 is reproducible. I've been working with VBA for eons and consider myself proficient. Create a new spreadsheet. Make a 2-row by 3-column matrix 1.1 1.2 1.3 2.1 2.2 2.3 Select the top-left cell (1.1) and, holding down the command key, the top-right cell (1.3). You should see the two, separated cells highlighted. Open the VBA editor and choose the Immediate window. ?selection.cells.count should = 2 so far so good. ...

How do I tackle this problem?
Using Excel07 ... I've got several thousands of lines like so: A B C row1 joe blah1 date1 row2 date2 row3 bob blah2 date1 row4 date2 i would like to populate A2 with A1, B2 with B1, A4 with A3, B4 with B3, and so on ... One possible way, select the ranges in A and B where you need to the previous entry copied down so in your posted example select A1:B4, press F5, click special and select blanks, then type = and press up arrow once and finally press ctrl + enter After confirming it went OK select the range again and copy and paste special as values in place to remove the equ...

html fragment for mouse in and mouse out
I would like to have my text display differently when the mouse hovers over it. Can anyone tell me how I ca do this in Publisher 2003? Please refer to the webdesign group and please use only the group appropriate to your topic. -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbartosik.com enter to win Pub 2003: www.davidbartosik.com/giveaway.aspx "Robin" <robinmcd@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:C846C8ED-09CD-41A6-91C8-D9D5C9EE2CEE@microsoft.com... > I would like to have my text display differently when the mouse hovers over it. Can anyone tell me how I ca...

Sql Server 2005 problem
I've had problems with this ever since we went live back in November, and I can't seem to find any one answer to the whole thing. What I'm trying to do is connect to the database through SqlServer Management Studio (SSMS) as 'petel' not 'sa'. 'sa' runs fine and does what I need it to do. First a little background: we moved from SqlServer 2000 to 2005 in November. Along with that move, we also upgraded from 7.5 to 9. GP now uses the security and as a result, was locking users out of the system. I then unchecked the "Enforce Password Policy" s...

Selection.Interior.ColorIndex = ???
Is it possible to use an RGB value in this statement? ie. The lightest grey I can select in the dropdown when editing the excel has a value of 15. I would like to choose a *very* light grey...?? I would like to use something like Selection.Interior.ColorIndex = rgb(xx,yy,zz) - but this doesn't work.. Thanks BW BW, No you cannot use RGB with Colorindex, its name reflects that it is an index. You can use Selection.Interior.Color = RGB(... but you should be aware that when you do this to a spreadsheet, Excel will map that chosen colour to the nearest ColorIndex colour, and use tha...

Selecting Item by Code in Outlook
Hello everyone, how can I select an item by Code in Outlook Hello everyone, how can I select an item by Code in Outlook? Thanks! Peter Eile <peter.eilenberger@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello everyone, > > how can I select an item by Code in Outlook microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba might be a better place to ask. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] On 23 Nov., 20:28, "Brian Tillman" <tillman1...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Eile <peter.eilenber...@gmail.com> wrote: > > Hello everyone, > > > how can I select an item by Code in Outlook > > m...

Problem printing Publisher document
I get the following error when trying to print - Publisher cannot print this Publication. To print composite CMYK or separations, you must use a printer driver that is set to output Post Script language Level 2 or later. I am using an Epson Color Stylus 670 and I have installed the lastest drivers for this printer. Any tips? Are you trying to produce a CMYK file for a consumer inkjet printer? You don't need that setting. -- JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11cd01c4263d$017434f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I...