Mixing Access 2007 with 2003 and Replication

I am presently using Access 2003 and contemplating upgrading to 2007 and have
a couple of questions.

1-If I keep my MDB as "2002-2003 format" can it take advantage of all the
changes, in particuler "Export to PDF", I want to be able to Email directly
(no more PrimoPDF)?

2-If I change my MDB to 2007 can I still replicate to the others MDB's
("2002-2003 format")?

Thanks for any help.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 15:24:01 -0800, Wind54Surfer
<Wind54Surfer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

There is no A2007 MDB format. However you can continue to use your
2002/2003 format MDBs in A2007 just fine. If you need to use
replication, that would be your best choice.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>I am presently using Access 2003 and contemplating upgrading to 2007 and have
>a couple of questions.
>
>1-If I keep my MDB as "2002-2003 format" can it take advantage of all the
>changes, in particuler "Export to PDF", I want to be able to Email directly
>(no more PrimoPDF)?
>
>2-If I change my MDB to 2007 can I still replicate to the others MDB's
>("2002-2003 format")?
>
>Thanks for any help.
0
Tom
3/9/2010 3:42:41 AM
Thanks for your response, but can you elaborate a little bit more, if I keep
the 2002/2003 format, can I take advantage of the new features of 2007?

"Tom van Stiphout" wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 15:24:01 -0800, Wind54Surfer
> <Wind54Surfer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> There is no A2007 MDB format. However you can continue to use your
> 2002/2003 format MDBs in A2007 just fine. If you need to use
> replication, that would be your best choice.
>
> -Tom.
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> >I am presently using Access 2003 and contemplating upgrading to 2007 and have
> >a couple of questions.
> >
> >1-If I keep my MDB as "2002-2003 format" can it take advantage of all the
> >changes, in particuler "Export to PDF", I want to be able to Email directly
> >(no more PrimoPDF)?
> >
> >2-If I change my MDB to 2007 can I still replicate to the others MDB's
> >("2002-2003 format")?
> >
> >Thanks for any help.
> .

On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 15:44:01 -0800, Wind54Surfer
<Wind54Surfer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

Which features are you thinking of?
Generally: no.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>Thanks for your response, but can you elaborate a little bit more, if I keep
>the 2002/2003 format, can I take advantage of the new features of 2007?
>
>"Tom van Stiphout" wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 15:24:01 -0800, Wind54Surfer
>> <Wind54Surfer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> There is no A2007 MDB format. However you can continue to use your
>> 2002/2003 format MDBs in A2007 just fine. If you need to use
>> replication, that would be your best choice.
>>
>> -Tom.
>> Microsoft Access MVP
>>

>> >I am presently using Access 2003 and contemplating upgrading to 2007 and have
>> >a couple of questions.
>> >
>> >1-If I keep my MDB as "2002-2003 format" can it take advantage of all the
>> >changes, in particuler "Export to PDF", I want to be able to Email directly
>> >(no more PrimoPDF)?
>> >
>> >2-If I change my MDB to 2007 can I still replicate to the others MDB's
>> >("2002-2003 format")?
>> >
>> >Thanks for any help.
>> .

0
Tom
3/10/2010 2:13:27 AM
If you want to replicate, and you want the latest features-- then you
should use 'Access Data Projects'

the backend is SQL Server, and that's what most people use for
replication these days.

Im sad that they dropped replication from Access 2007 (format) I used
to use it in a WAN environment back in 2000, and it was so worthless,
I just replaced it with a whole bunch of append / update queries

(you know you can still do that, right?)

On Mar 9, 6:13=A0pm, Tom van Stiphout <tom7744.no.s...@cox.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 15:44:01 -0800, Wind54Surfer
>
> <Wind54Sur...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> Which features are you thinking of?
> Generally: no.
>
> -Tom.
> Microsoft Access MVP
>
> >Thanks for your response, but can you elaborate a little bit more, if I =
keep
> >the 2002/2003 format, can I take advantage of the new features of 2007?
>
> >"Tom van Stiphout" wrote:
>
> >> On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 15:24:01 -0800, Wind54Surfer
> >> <Wind54Sur...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >> There is no A2007 MDB format. However you can continue to use your
> >> 2002/2003 format MDBs in A2007 just fine. If you need to use
> >> replication, that would be your best choice.
>
> >> -Tom.
> >> Microsoft Access MVP

> >> .

"a a r o n . k e m p f @ g m a i l . c o m" <aaron.kempf@gmail.com>
wrote in
m:

> If you want to replicate, and you want the latest features-- then
> you should use 'Access Data Projects'
>
> the backend is SQL Server, and that's what most people use for
> replication these days.

Define "most people."

Another idiotic answer from Aaron, of course.

David
3/10/2010 7:51:04 PM
most people prefer sql server to jet

that's a fact

just because you hang out with a bunch of jet crybabies doesn't mean
that most companies, most developers- prefer SQL to jet

On Mar 10, 11:51=A0am, "David W. Fenton" <XXXuse...@dfenton.com.invalid>
wrote:
> "a a r o n . k e m p f @ g m a i l . c o m" <aaron.ke...@gmail.com>
> wrote innews:edcc6bef-bf34-4311-b049-6ac72f3a011e@o16g2000prh.googlegroup=
s.co
> m:
>
> > If you want to replicate, and you want the latest features-- then
> > you should use 'Access Data Projects'
>
> > the backend is SQL Server, and that's what most people use for
> > replication these days.
>
> Define "most people."
>
> Another idiotic answer from Aaron, of course.
>
> --
> David W. Fenton =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0http://www.dfenton.com=
/
> usenet at dfenton dot com =A0 =A0http://www.dfenton.com/DFA/

Aaron.

You claim to be a database developer, yet the statements you make would
cause even a new-comer to the profession squirm with embarrassment. Surely,
you realize that there is no room for ambiguous generalizations like "most
people" in any sort of technical discussion. In our profession, there is no
room for "most", or "a lot". We are responsible for delivering ACCURATE,
REPEATABLE results every single time.

Surely you understand that if you were to deliver a database that returned
valid results "most of the time" your customer would be entitled to fire you
on the spot. So, please, if you MUST continue to offer wild assertions and
irresponsible claims, at least spare yourself the embarrassment doing so in
vague generalities. Let's see some statistical substantiation here,
including the methodology you used to obtain your results. Until then, it is
just plain impossible to take you seriously.

"a a r o n . k e m p f @ g m a i l . c o m" <aaron.kempf@gmail.com> wrote in
message
> most people prefer sql server to jet
>
> that's a fact
>
> just because you hang out with a bunch of jet crybabies doesn't mean
> that most companies, most developers- prefer SQL to jet
>

> On Mar 10, 11:51 am, "David W. Fenton" <XXXuse...@dfenton.com.invalid>
> wrote:
>> "a a r o n . k e m p f @ g m a i l . c o m" <aaron.ke...@gmail.com>
>> wrote
>> innews:edcc6bef-bf34-4311-b049-6ac72f3a011e@o16g2000prh.googlegroups.co
>> m:
>>
>> > If you want to replicate, and you want the latest features-- then
>> > you should use 'Access Data Projects'
>>
>> > the backend is SQL Server, and that's what most people use for
>> > replication these days.
>>
>> Define "most people."
>>
>> Another idiotic answer from Aaron, of course.
>>
>> --
>> David W. Fenton                  http://www.dfenton.com/
>> usenet at dfenton dot com    http://www.dfenton.com/DFA/

0
GP
3/13/2010 3:12:53 AM
"Wind54Surfer" <Wind54Surfer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am presently using Access 2003 and contemplating upgrading to 2007 and
>have
> a couple of questions.
>
> 1-If I keep my MDB as "2002-2003 format" can it take advantage of all the
> changes, in particuler "Export to PDF", I want to be able to Email
> directly
> (no more PrimoPDF)?
>
> 2-If I change my MDB to 2007 can I still replicate to the others MDB's
> ("2002-2003 format")?
>
> Thanks for any help.

0
De
3/13/2010 5:36:09 PM
listen to the FACTS

jet doesn't work over wireless

the majority of machines sold today are laptops / netbooks / portables

case in point- jet is obsolete.

furthermore, it doesn't truly support X64- or multi-core processors
(the majority of CPUs sold today are BOTH)

On Mar 12, 8:12=A0pm, "GP George" <george_hepwo...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Aaron.
>
> You claim to be a database developer, yet the statements you make would
> cause even a new-comer to the profession squirm with embarrassment. Surel=
y,
> you realize that there is no room for ambiguous generalizations like "mos=
> people" in any sort of technical discussion. In our profession, there is =
no
> room for "most", or "a lot". We are responsible for delivering ACCURATE,
> REPEATABLE results every single time.
>
> Surely you understand that if you were to deliver a database that returne=
> valid results "most of the time" your customer would be entitled to fire =
you
> on the spot. So, please, if you MUST continue to offer wild assertions an=
> irresponsible claims, at least spare yourself the embarrassment doing so =
in
> vague generalities. Let's see some statistical substantiation here,
> including the methodology you used to obtain your results. Until then, it=
 is
> just plain impossible to take you seriously.
>
> "a a r o n . k e m p f @ g m a i l . c o m" <aaron.ke...@gmail.com> wrote=
 in
> messagenews:0faddf10-17a1-461e-9a28-5837f392435d@t34g2000prm.googlegroups=
..com...

> > most people prefer sql server to jet
>
> > that's a fact
>
> > just because you hang out with a bunch of jet crybabies doesn't mean
> > that most companies, most developers- prefer SQL to jet
>
> > On Mar 10, 11:51 am, "David W. Fenton" <XXXuse...@dfenton.com.invalid>
> > wrote:
> >> "a a r o n . k e m p f @ g m a i l . c o m" <aaron.ke...@gmail.com>
> >> wrote
> >> innews:edcc6bef-bf34-4311-b049-6ac72f3a011e@o16g2000prh.googlegroups.c=
> >> m:

> >> Define "most people."
>
> >> Another idiotic answer from Aaron, of course.
>
> >> --
> >> David W. Fenton =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0http://www.dfenton.=
com/
> >> usenet at dfenton dot com =A0 =A0http://www.dfenton.com/DFA/

"a a r o n . k e m p f @ g m a i l . c o m" <aaron.kempf@gmail.com>
wrote in
:

[obscenities deleted:]

> wtf are you talking about, stalker?
>
> wild assertions ?
>
> jet xxxxxxx xxxxx a xxx xxx xxxxxx xxxx.
>
> there's nothing wild about that assertions!
>
> Everyone knows that jet just plain xxxxx.. except the old xxxxxxx
> in this one newsgroup.
>
> The real world moved to SQL Server a LONG time ago.. or mySQL or
> Oracle.
>
> jet just doesn't cut it, it doesn't have any benefit over ADP /
> SQL Server
>
> You don't need to take me seriously, you're a xxxxxx xxxxxxx jet
> xxxxxxx xxxxxx, why should I give a xxxx what some xxxxxxx xxxxxx
> thinks?

15 words that are obscenities/insults out of 93 total (and I'm not
counting WTF, of course):

> fucking sucks
>
> big fat donkey dick
>
> sucks
>
> retards
>
> mother fucking
>
> crybaby retard
>
> fuck
>
> crybaby retard

That 16% ratio of obscenities and insults to other text.

Way to go Aaron. This is exactly how one gains the respect of
others, i.e., by making sure that more than 10% of your posts is an
obscenity or an insult.

David
3/15/2010 9:50:50 PM
"a a r o n . k e m p f @ g m a i l . c o m" <aaron.kempf@gmail.com>
wrote in
m:

> You've spent more on DB software than I have in the past 15 years!

How do you know this?

Unless, of course, you've spent ZERO, which wouldn't surprise me,
since your "knowledge" of SQL Server would suggest that you've never
done anything but read about it.

David
3/16/2010 7:25:08 PM
:m!!!nnn

"Wind54Surfer" <Wind54Surfer@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le
message de groupe de discussion :
AF50E225-3821-43E4-990B-ACBA0F10A1B9@microsoft.com...
> I am presently using Access 2003 and contemplating upgrading to 2007 and
> have
> a couple of questions.
>
> 1-If I keep my MDB as "2002-2003 format" can it take advantage of all the
> changes, in particuler "Export to PDF", I want to be able to Email
> directly
> (no more PrimoPDF)?
>
> 2-If I change my MDB to 2007 can I still replicate to the others MDB's
> ("2002-2003 format")?
>
> Thanks for any help.

0
joelgeraldine
3/17/2010 1:44:44 PM
technically, I Just spend $49 on a copy of SQL Server developers
edition.. I've gotten ~5 copies of this previously for free (from MS)

On Mar 16, 12:25=A0pm, "David W. Fenton" <XXXuse...@dfenton.com.invalid>
wrote:
> "a a r o n . k e m p f @ g m a i l . c o m" <aaron.ke...@gmail.com>
> wrote innews:73dec295-0de7-49eb-a543-e301c8b2879d@m27g2000prl.googlegroup=
s.co
> m:
>
> > You've spent more on DB software than I have in the past 15 years!
>
> How do you know this?
>
> Unless, of course, you've spent ZERO, which wouldn't surprise me,
> since your "knowledge" of SQL Server would suggest that you've never
> done anything but read about it.
>
> --
> David W. Fenton =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0http://www.dfenton.com=
/
> usenet at dfenton dot com =A0 =A0http://www.dfenton.com/DFA/

David;

And I still find it funny when you claim that I don't know about SQL
Server.

I'm a certified DBA.. I make twice as much money as -ANY- jet retard

And I've been writing SQL Server fulltime for 11 years.

Prior to that, I had a couple of solid years with Access / VBA / VB6,
etc

Thanks-- but the facts state that I know my way around SQL Server.

-Aaron

wrote:
> "a a r o n . k e m p f @ g m a i l . c o m" <aaron.ke...@gmail.com>
> wrote innews:73dec295-0de7-49eb-a543-e301c8b2879d@m27g2000prl.googlegroup=
s.co
> m:
>
> > You've spent more on DB software than I have in the past 15 years!
>
> How do you know this?
>
> Unless, of course, you've spent ZERO, which wouldn't surprise me,
> since your "knowledge" of SQL Server would suggest that you've never
> done anything but read about it.
>
> --
> David W. Fenton =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0http://www.dfenton.com=
/
> usenet at dfenton dot com =A0 =A0http://www.dfenton.com/DFA/

"a a r o n . k e m p f @ g m a i l . c o m" <aaron.kempf@gmail.com>
wrote in
m:

> And I still find it funny when you claim that I don't know about
> SQL Server.

Your posts demonstrate it, since almost everyone gets something
signficant wrong about whatever topic you address, including SQL
Server.

> I'm a certified DBA.. I make twice as much money as -ANY- jet
> retard

Yeah, right.

> And I've been writing SQL Server fulltime for 11 years.

Since the age of 4?

> Prior to that, I had a couple of solid years with Access / VBA /
> VB6, etc
>
> Thanks-- but the facts state that I know my way around SQL Server.

The evidence that is available to the public, i.e., your public
posts, demonstrates quite plainly that you are almost as ignorant of
SQL Server as you are of Access and Jet/ACE.

David

how to use 2007 styles in Word 2003
hi everyone, we have Word 2003 but we really like the Styles that come with Word 2007. Is it possible to export these Styles and use it in Word 2003? And if yes, how can i do that. In Word 2007, click the Home tab of the ribbon. In the Styles group, click Change Styles | Style Set | Word 2003. To make this choice the default, click Change Styles again, and then click Set as Default. If/when you are prompted to save the changes to your template, choose to do so. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "skoub" <skoub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Word 2007 Will Not Apply Styles
I am an editor, so I am generally sent documents that are jumbled-up messes when it comes to styles/formatting. I edit and fix these problems. It seems lately that I keep running into the same problem over and over. Let's say I have a document that has a title with the Heading 1 style and then a few sentences that are styled as Normal. I want to create a new style for the sentences called "Style 1" and change the font/text size/etc. I highlight the sentences, click the "New Styles" button, set up the style, and click OK. Normally, it would apply my n...

Synchronize Pocket PC with OL 2007
I currently have 3 folders under the Data Files tab in OL 07 Contact Folder Contacts.pst Personal Folders Calendar. pst and Personal Folders Outlook.pst This is the 'default folder'. When I close OL 07 3 files on my hard drive are updated: Contacts.pst Calendar. pst and Outlook.pst It seems to my that in OL2000 there was only 1 .pst file that contained contacts, calendar, and personal folders. And ActiveSync used that file to update. I have been afraid to attempt a synchronization with ActiveSync since installing OL07. Do I have to do something diffe...

What is the Orange scrolling bar above the To Do list in 2007
I've searched forums for the last 45 minutes and have seen the question posted many times, but never the answer. What is the scrolling orange bar above the To Do list in 2007? On 3/9/2010 4:11 PM, Kirstin wrote: > I've searched forums for the last 45 minutes and have seen the question > posted many times, but never the answer. What is the scrolling orange bar > above the To Do list in 2007? Please take a screenshot and post a link to it. -- Leonid S. Knyshov Crashproof Solutions 510-282-1008 Twitter: @wiseleo http://crashproofsolutions.com Microsoft Sma...

Outlook 2007 will not archive email messages
I have Outlook 2007 on Vista64 RTM. I have years of email in some personal folders. I have configured Tools, Options, Other, AutoArchive to archive daily to the normal archive folder for messages older than 12 months (time period doesn't matter). I have configured the folders I want to archive (Folder, Properties, AutoArchive) to archive using the default settings. When I click File, Archive, if I have no archive folders or archive.pst file, new archive folders are created but NOTHING is put in the folders (the archive.pst folder is only 265 KB - it should be over 100 MB). I ha...

Printing a selection of an email
I suspect this is an old Outlook 2007 , Windows 7 question. Suppose I wish to print a selected portion of an email message in Outlook 2007. In either Outlook Express or Outlook 2003 al I do is open the message, highlight the desired selection, then click File | Print | Selection. But in Outlook 2007, when I select a message, and click File | Print, the Print Selection is not present, or possibly hidden elsewhere. I can either print the entire email, or selected entire pages. So in the new improved Outlook 2007, what=92s the correct procedure to print a desired selection? P...

Undelivered mail with Exchange Server 2003
This may seem like a trivial (hopefully) question to all you experts out there, but im have just been introduced to windows/exchange server 2003 and i am confused. The problem: In my company here (v small) we used to get our email using POP3 from our ISP. Now the boss decided to get a server and i set up exchange to collect the email. I set up addresses for all the users here and email gets sent and received perfectly. However there are other emails that are supposed to be coming in that noone is receiving - eg emails addressed like 'sales@blah.com' and 'info@blah.com'....

is outlook 2003 compatible on windows 7
I just got a new PC with Windows 7 and I am wondering if my Outlook 2003 that I currently have on my old computer is compatible . If yes how do I transfer all datas . If not do I need to purchase Outlook 2007 ? Thank you It is compatible. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA01...

Append a database in a form. (New to Access 2007)
I have created a database and a form in Access 2007. I can view data in the form, but I can't append. I have been manually entering info in the database. Would like to use the form to enter info. Not exactly new to databases, I used dBase in DOS for 10 years. Any assistance would be appreciated. In form design view, open the Properties sheet. Looking at the properties of the Form (not of a text box), what is the RecordSource property (on the Data tab of Properties sheet)? You will be able to add records if the RecordSource is just one table, or a query that uses just one table. If th...

Problems filtering Access 2007
Hello, I have converted my database from 2002 to 2007 and my filters used with a macro (applyFilter) works when I enter the first criteria, however if I ask for another criteria the form comes back with the same record. Here is how my macro is: Note: I use a Form to Filter and it calls "CastFilterForm" Action SelectObject (Object Type - Form); (Object Name - InvoiceForm); (In Database Window - No) ApplyFilter (Where Condition [Forms]![CastFilterForm]![CompanyName] Close (Object Type - Form); (Object Name - CastFiltForm) It always worked fine I don't kn...

Considering the move from Quicken to Money 2007, A Few Questions
A couple questions re: Money 2007: 1. Quicken includes an emergency records organizer that allows a user to input a variety of information, from medical and personal information on each family member to details about life and medical insurance to specifics about all financial accounts. It's a nice summary that can be included with your will and other important papers. Does Money have this feature? If so, does it automatically link back to the account information? (i.e., with Quicken, a user must enter the account specifics in two places: the account set-up and the emergency re...

Office Home and Student 2007 01-03-10
Do I have to uninstall Office 2003, which includes Outlook, in order to install Office Home and Student 2007, which does not? "carole" <carole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6425EE8-62A4-4D7E-91B6-364467ED719B@microsoft.com... > Do I have to uninstall Office 2003, which includes Outlook, in order to > install Office Home and Student 2007, which does not? No. They can peacefully co-exist on a computer. Read the following in total to determine how you want to install the upgrade or side-by-side installation. http://support.microsoft....

Outlook 2003 Hangs/freezes during spellcheck
A co-worker in my company using Outlook 2003 with Windows 2000, has showed me that frequently when she is sending an e-mail outlook hangs/freezes during or after spellcheck when sending an e-mail. I am told that it happens more often when there is an attachment. What will happens is she makes out a standard e-mail, and at some point while she is correcting it will just hang/freeze you can move the mouse and use other applications but outlook will not respond. The really weird part is that the after closing (you CAN close it WITHOUT ctrl+alt+del) it still shows as sent, and the recipients still...

Problem w report Access 2007
I have a report that I created with Access 2003 that is 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches. It worked great in Access 2003, but in Access 2007 it prints the 1st page ok (info centered where I want it), but prints the info on the 2nd page moved to the top of the page (almost like there is no margin). The strange thing is that after the bad 2nd page, all other pages print just fine.?.? The pages selected to print are entered in a range from a query. Thanks WWV ...

Trying to share a new calendar in Outlook 2003
We are running Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2003. I followed the instructions on creating new calendars and sharing them from this Microsoft link: http://office.microsoft.com/training/Training.aspx?AssetID=RP010309851033&CTT=6&Origin=RC010333631033 For some reason when the person goes to "open" a shared calendar, their is no calendar found. They have "author" permissions. What in the world am I missing? Thanks, Annette. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

Word 2007 doc's defaulting to Read Only when not wanted
Some Word 2007Documents [compatibilty Mode]Opens as read only Rename + Saving not allowed -"already open in other application" Checked document properties -Read Only not set Closing and re-opening Windows Explorer sometimes works, other times Laptop must be restared, Explorer re-opened, then the Document can be Renamed, Deleted, Saved or Opens OK - sometimes If I save as a differnt name = OK, but to delete the old versions I have to re-start Explorer or the PC -very frustrating as this doesn't always work either! You may have an orphan lock file (or files) - see ...

access-relatorios
Estou a iniciar me no access. Estou a construir uma base dedados e depois de fazer com sucesso a criação de tabelas;consultas e formularios iniciei a elaboraçao da criação de um relatorio utilizando o assistente. Já fiz inumeras tentativas e no final obtenho sempre a informaçao de que "não foi possivel criar o relatório. Porquê?Eu estou a utilizar access2003/XP. Agradeço resposta Carlos pina ...

unable to create user mailbox in Exchange 2003 SP2
I seem to have a big problem in that when creating a user in Exchange 2003 /w SP2 the user's email address isn't created. Also, the mailbox rights only has the user (SELF) listed and not the other properties that should be there. I manually created the smtp, x400 addresses then tried to logon to that users exchange mailbox and couldn't. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9562 Date: 7/5/2006 Time: 6:50:26 AM User: N/A Computer: MAIL1 Description: Failed to read attribute msExchUserAccountControl from Active Directory for /o=AB/ou...

problems with comcast accessing outlook
Problem developed yesterday; when I try to enter outlook to check email I get message "comcast not able to use Outlook reference # CR089824423". Comcast doesn't know what the problem is. Fishstick48 wrote: > Problem developed yesterday; when I try to enter outlook to check > email I get message "comcast not able to use Outlook reference # > CR089824423". Comcast doesn't know what the problem is. This is a message box that comes up? What is the title on it? What buttons are available to you there? What happens when you click either of the buttons? ...

Cannot open PDF file that is attached to digitally signed xls file as an object
Hello, I have some payment approval request xls file. In this document, there is a PDF file attached as object (invoice). As long as this document is not digitally signed, I can open the attached PDF file by clicking on its icon or first page preview. However, when first person sign this document, I am no longer able to open it I can only see the icon (or preview). I don't understand why. I just want to read what is in this PDF document, not change its content so it should not have any influence to digital signature. I tried the same in DOC - I attached PDF file as object to wor...

Marcro to Create PDF from Access Report
I want to create a macro that fires off once a day to create a PDF file from an access report. How to? ...

Can't access my newspaper in Outlook any more
For years, I have been reading my daily newspaper via my Outlook. It is delivered daily via e-mail. Today, it was delivered via e-mail as alwys, BUT I was not allowed to open it. The message from Outlook says that it had been blocked and to contact my system administrator. Since I am using my home computer (as always!) I am wondering what gives. Does it have anything to do with the Outlook Connector items that were downloaded automatically sometime recently without warning. If you put the attachment on your desktop,can you open it then ??? -- Peter Please Reply to Newsg...

Outlook 2003 #285
I have the trial version of Office 2003 on new Media Center 2005 PC. After starting Office I noticed that my user profile is always left open when I shut down or log off the PC. The message said something about not registering Outlook correctly in NT/Authority namespace? I only have one user as administrator. Do I need to add myself again as a limited user? I tried to look up the message on Internet but do not understand about writing scripts and so forth. There has got to be an easier way to install a program and have it work properly.! Lori <lorikuiper92@hotmail.com> w...

Unwanted fills on lines in Office 2007 charts
We take Powerpoint and Excel charts into Adobe Illustrator to spiff them up before posting on the Web or putting into printed publications. But with Office 2007, plot lines are no longer just lines, they are lines AND fills--they have both line and fill attributes. So when we bring a chart into Illustrator and we want to change the color of a plot line, we have to change the color of the line (stroke) AND the fill. If we want to change the stroke thickness (weight), we are stuck--we can't do it. Does anyone know of a way to make plot lines in Powerpoint and Excel simple lines (and not shap...

Access 2007 unusable over network
Access 2007 seems to have severe (severe!!!) performance problems with mdb's over a network. Over VPN it's downright unusable. It doesn't matter if the mdb is upgraded or not... and it happens on both XP and Vista and on different machines. I expected the Office Suite SP1 to address this issue, but it did not. This must be a known issue, no? Is there a workaround? (no, we're not upgrading to ADP or going to use replication). Access 2000,2002,2003 all work great. The only way that Access can be used over a VPN is with a web server against a JET database, or a Terminal ...