missing vsflex3.ocx?

I have recently purchased Office Access 2007. I am trying to read a
MDB that I created in the prior version of Access but I'm getting a
error message "missing vsflex3.ocx"  How can I solve this problem.

If I click OK 3-4 times, I then get an error message "Undefined
function "Left" in expression."  I thought this was a standard VB
function. How to solve that problem.

TIA
0
Bob
2/14/2008 10:09:39 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Left IS a standard VBA function. However, Access looks in all the other
linked reference libraries first, before it checks the VBA library. That
means you need to resolve the fact that it can't fun vsflex3.ocx first

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Bob on Whidbey" <bobr@whidbey.com> wrote in message
>I have recently purchased Office Access 2007. I am trying to read a
> MDB that I created in the prior version of Access but I'm getting a
> error message "missing vsflex3.ocx"  How can I solve this problem.
>
> If I click OK 3-4 times, I then get an error message "Undefined
> function "Left" in expression."  I thought this was a standard VB
> function. How to solve that problem.
>
> TIA

0
Douglas

Missing files

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

Missing Emails #2
From time to time my users report that so-and-so sent them an email but they never got it. Last night my VP sent 2 emails from home and never got them. 1. We have Exchange 2000 server, all clients are Outlook 2. We have Symantec anti-virus for exchange server now I have checked the following: 1. in the Exchange logs [reading them in Excel] I can see the 2 messages arrive and seem to process normally -- HELO,MAIL, RCPT, DATA, QUIT are the 5 lines in the log; the datum on the HELO record says =+sccrmhc13.comcast.net. the Quit record as cs-uri-query of 240. 2. I have searched through...

Bin Transfer Entry window missing

Missing Folders after Sync

Missing Fonts in Word Art

HI, Please be patient as the story is long: I migrated my users from a workgroup to a Client/Server network about a month ago. A network using Windows 2000 active Directory. All the clients workstations are Wondows 2000 professional. Before migration, I exported the emails, etc. to a .pst file and after migration imported the same file and all was fine. Last over the weekend our Active Directory server crashed by a Virus supposedly and we had to rebuil the servers, and couldn't have the users logon on to the network to the export/import scenarion again. After the server were re...

Missing Message Text

Missing Sata Sources
Hi there When I click Data, Get External Data, New Database Query..., there are no data sources listed in the Database list under <New Data Source>. Even the defaults e.g. dBase Files, Microsoft Access Database, Excel Files, etc are not listed. I am using Windows XP Professional with Office 2000. How can I fix this? Thanks Michael ...

What am I missing?
Have PC. Onlyprofile on it is administrator.Me. What am I missing on System Restore. There are partitions that I do not need,or want, for System restore to monitor. But "Drive Settings" in 'System Properties/System Restore' the choices are greyed out. ie; Turn off System Restore(disable by Group Policy) and Turn off System restore on this drive in Drive Settings. I have checked in services in administratyive tools. Botj System restore and RPC and started and on auto. Maybe one could show me what I'm missing. I'm getting too old to remember this stuff...

RMA ( Credit) Missing Line Items

Windows XP Home Edition Config\System Missing
Hi: My 15 year-old daughter has a Gateway system that is 4 years old, running XP Home. Today she encountered a black screen on start-up that essentially states Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM 32\CONFIG. We can't find the Operating System CD for Windows XP Home, and my XP Professional OS disc I read cannot be used instead. I have a read a resolution that requires ijnsertion of the OS XP Home disc; boot from CD; Windows set-up initializes and press "R" to repair recovery console; hard drive is examined; pe...

Missing .dll on opening
Upon opening Outlook 2002 I get a message that I am missing MociExt.dll but I cannot get it to reload during any sort of fix or reinstall of Outlook. Any ideas? This started occuring after a recent update I did to Office. John, I don't believe that's a file installed by Office/Outlook. So, my guess is that you have an Outlook add-in that's causing this problem. Please do the following steps to confirm this assumption: 1. Exit Outlook. 2. Press and hold the CTRL key as you launch Outlook. 3. When prompted to start in Safe mode click Yes. Does the error occur? If not, please...

IMF Console missing??
Hello i just have one question , simple i hope! I use my pc (windows xp pro SP2) with a custom console to administer my domain , exchange , dns , etc... Everything is working fine. Last month i installed on my exchange , the IMF from microsoft. When i am logging on to my exchange machine localy or through RDC i can see in exchange system manager below SMTP ,the IMF icon and i am able to change setting install filters and so on... When i open my console from my pc and use exchange system manager console (i have installed exchange management tools and sp1) i cannot see IMF icon below SMTP Vitu...

Font missing
I created a document in Publisher and printed it. Opened document a week later and received 'font missing' error message. In the Format...Font dialong box the font's name is there with the word (missing) next to it. Where did it go? Are you using a font manager? Maybe the link was broken. Do you have the font somewhere else on your computer? If so install/re-install it. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "andy" <andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9390E623-E0FE-498A-AA6...

Scanpst missing
Outlook says there is problem with c:\users\xxx\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst and to run scanpst.exe. I have Vista and after searching computer cannot find the file. Is there a way to download this file? My computer is french so I don't always knowthe translations It's there. Are you using 64bit vista? if so, office is in the 32 bit programs file. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/scanpst.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook T...

Missing Email #4
I am running a 2003 exchange server and one of my users sayes he isn't getting some mail that people say they are sending him. There is a mailbox listed in mailboxes called "Systemmailbox - {GIUD}" there are items listed in there. Could this be the missing mail? And is there anyway to see what these items are. Thanks for any help Damian It won't be in the System Mailbox. The System Mailbox contains schema information. There's generally no reason to ever need to access it unless PSS is instructing you to. As far as your user, make sure that you have message t...

Toolbars Missing, And option to Add Missing
Hi, My Problem is that my normal 'Formatting' toolbar is missing. When I right click on the 'Standard' toolbar to add/view the 'Formatting' the only options i have is: 'Task Pane' & 'Customize'. In 'Customize' the only tool bars listed is the 'Task Pane' & 'Work Sheet Menu Bar' Anyone know how to resolve my Problem... Please Pull-down View > Toolbars There should be about 15 bars listed. if not then select Customize > Toolbars and then push the reset button. -- Gary''s Student "SmeetaG"...

debugging missing images in a CTreeCtrl
Hello, I am having some difficulty trying to debug some missing images in a CTreeCtrl. Essentially, I subclass CDialog and have a CTreeCtrl and CImageList as data members. The CTreeCtrl is supposed to be an expandable tree with each item containing a standard checkbox and a 16x16 solid icon. The problem is that the icons are not showing up at all. I'm wondering where is a good point to start debugging the missing icon images? Things I have verified: 1. The image list is valid and is set as the TVSIL_NORMAL image list for the CTreeCtrl. 2. The bitmaps within the image list are valid (I o...

Missing PB Updates?
Hi, When I check this page: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsembedded/ce/dd430902.aspx for PB 5.0 updates only the July monthly is listed. But I read somewhere else that there was a September update, which I actually found. Is there also an August release for PB 5.0 and is there another place where the updates are listed? Thanks, Jojje I just saw that there is a potential problem with netowrk in the September update. Is this the reason that it is not listed in the updates site. Regards, Jojje On 9 Nov, 10:16, Jojje <jojje.an...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi,...

Gridlines ok in Excel but linked powerpoint- lines are missing
I have several charts that look just fine in Excel (2003). I have the graphs linked to a powerpoint presentation. In Powerpoint, which major axis gridlines show - up seem random. I have tried resizing the graph. That gets a different subset of gridlines. I want all the gridlines to show-up in the powerpoint presentation. I have deleted and relinked the charts. Linking is a different animal than just pasting as a picture, but I know the latter approach gives unreliable results if (a) gridlines are formatted as hairlines and (b) the chart is not scaled at 100% of its size in Excel. - Jon...

miss configured outlook
I just installed outlook 2000 the user tried to configure it. they selected internet connection. To change the installation type from IMO to CW, follow these steps: 1.. On the Tools menu, click Options. 2.. On the Mail Delivery Tab, click Reconfigure Mail Support. 3.. On the E-mail Service Options page, click to select the mail support option you are switching to. Click Next. 4.. Read the warning message and then click Yes. Outlook will close. 5.. Start Outlook. The Windows Installer will start and install the required files. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook...

Sent Messages Missing
Yesterday, suddenly, all my previously sent messages disappeared from the "Sent Items" folder. To make things ever worse, the messages which I have sent since yesterday are not showing up in the "Sent Items" folder? The messages were received by the recipients! Under the Tools - Option ... Email Options, the "Save copies of message in Sent Items folder" option is checked. What could have been inadvertently changed to cause this? -- Basharat Javaid. Are you sure your view is set correctly? (not set to display only unread items for instance) -- Roady [MV...

eConnect 9.0 TRDISAMT is missing in XML
Hi, I've just upgraded from eConnect 7.0.4 to 9.0; I'm populating an amount into TRDISAMT property of the taSopHdrIvcInsert class, but it doesn't show up in the xml - so I get an eConnect eventlog error saying the document amount does not equal subtotal + freight+misc+taxamt+etc... The EventLog entry also says the parameter TRDISAMT was not passed in Has anyone experienced a problem with this? ...

Missing Email
I have a sbs 2003 server running with all current updates applied, it is also running exchange. There are three users that log onto the server (running a domain) to collect there email and do basic file/folder/printer sharing. The three users are part of a sales team and all have there own individual email accounts but also are able to view each others emails, two of the machines are running outlook 2003 and 1 is running 2007. Now heres the thing the machine running outlook 2007 has an email of sales@client.com.au and appears to collect/send mail correctly however the inbox'...