Minimized form

Hi,
   I have a big issue with Acces 2007,whne i open a form,the window is
always minimized,i try to set the property "Auto resize" to yes,but when i
open the form it's minimized as usual and displays one record only unless
users scroll down the bar to see the records one by one...
   Is there any solution for this?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

What I did ( Access 2003 though ) was to put a macro with the command
Maximize in the form onload event

"Pietro" wrote:

> Hi,
>    I have a big issue with Acces 2007,whne i open a form,the window is
> always minimized,i try to set the property "Auto resize" to yes,but when i
> open the form it's minimized as usual and displays one record only unless
> users scroll down the bar to see the records one by one...
>    Is there any solution for this?
Thank you for your reply..
but i don't want to maximize the form,i want it to appear as it's.

"Pietro" <Pietro@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi,
>   I have a big issue with Acces 2007,whne i open a form,the window is
> always minimized,i try to set the property "Auto resize" to yes,but when i
> open the form it's minimized as usual and displays one record only unless
> users scroll down the bar to see the records one by one...
>   Is there any solution for this?

0
HEILI
3/5/2008 5:21:47 PM
Maybe you could try to use the Restore Command instead.
You will first have to set focus to the form

"Pietro" wrote:

> Thank you for your reply..
> but i don't want to maximize the form,i want it to appear as it's.
>
> "Jochen" wrote:
>
> > What I did ( Access 2003 though ) was to put a macro with the command
> > Maximize in the form onload event
> >
> > "Pietro" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >    I have a big issue with Acces 2007,whne i open a form,the window is
> > > always minimized,i try to set the property "Auto resize" to yes,but when i
> > > open the form it's minimized as usual and displays one record only unless
> > > users scroll down the bar to see the records one by one...
> > >    Is there any solution for this?

Opportunity Form
I want to have the same attribute twice in the same Opportunity Form (view). Is that possible? If I try to add the attribute I cannot find it (and I suppose it's because the attribute has already been added). Cheers, Hi, Microsoft CRM doesn’t provide duplicate fields on the form. Basically you need to trick the form by creating a duplicate field with slightly different name and add it on the form. Than using JScript, you can make those fields interdependent. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MV...

Paste text to form
I have an interesting request that I am trying to figure out how to do. Let me explain a little first. I get lists of numbers sent to me for an exclusion process that I am having to enter each number manualy into the main database for the exclusion to be effective. I want to automate this process. I have created a DB that can hold the numbers and I have created the code to be able to produce the kind of file needed to automate the end of this whole process. What I am needing to find out how to do is; I want to be able to copy the numbers sent to me into a form, click a cmd b...

FORM MAIL IN OUTLOOK
Hi, I have this code in a html page <form name="form1" method="post" action="xxx@xxx.xxx?subject=RICHIESTA ISCRIZIONE&body=xxxx"> <input type="submit" name="Submit" value="SEND"> </form> This code is only used by 2 computers. The first is running Windows Xp SP2 with Office outlook 2002 no sp. With this computer when i press the send button on form, outlook opens a window with the mail but doesn't send it. (what I want) The second is running Windows Xp SP2 with Office outlook 2003 No sp Whit this computer ...

Word Content Controls Restricted Document Fill in forms
I have a word (2007) document that i need to restrict to fill in forms due to the need of Checkboxes. When i do restrict the document and try to edit the text in my Content Controls (Plain Text) i cannot start writing or editing it at all unless i step into it with my arrowkeys. If i do this once in any content control the rest starts working and i can start clicking on them and it allows me to edit it. My dropdownlist(wordname?) works fine though. Anyone have a clue bout how to solve this? or whats the problem? /Thanks in regards /Eric Hi Plaskdex I have the same ...

Form isn't closing nor saving when i try to exit
Form isn't closing when I hit the X button on the form. It’s prompting to save, I select yes- then it doesn't close the form nor save. The last thing I done to maybe cause this problem is use the access analyzer, but I don't believe it made any changes. I'm running on Access 2000 and I created the DTB although I don't know how to do the codes, I use a lot of the wizards and I can do basic designing. Thanks in advance for any help! Try importing everything into a new empty database, then compiling it. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.or...

Email messages and pics are outlined and in box form
How do I change my Email Messages that I receive that appear outlined in box form? They are inside a box and it is a mess. Thanks debull@gmail.com You haven't provided any details. Any answers you get at this point will simply be guesses. Please advise the following: Version of Outlook Type of mail account Default format O/S Any error messages? What do they say? Has it always been like this, or is this new? Does this behaviour continue if you open Outlook in safe mode? If you use Vista or Windows 7 follow this instruction: Start > Start Search > outlook.exe /safe...

How do I minimize to the trey
I have a requirements to put an icon of my app in the trey when it is minimized. How would I do this. 1. From a console app. 2. From an MFC dialog app? Thanks, Yes, an MFC dialog app. All Dialog apps, if I remember correctly, come with an App.ico file. You can draw on this or replace it with your own. If you replace it, then you may need to find how it links with the code and make sure your file is used instead. Not sure if you can override the icon of a console window. >-----Original Message----- >I have a requirements to put an icon of my app in the trey when it is >mini...

Report based on form value
I have a report based on a table. The table contains an ID# which is unique to an individual, but the ID# may appear more than once in the table. I also have a form that displays one ID# and has a command button to print the report. I use the DoCmd.OpenReport command in the OnClick function of the command button, but am having problems with the criteria part. strCriteria = "[ID#] = " & Me.ID where ID# is the field in the table and ID is the field on the form, returns a dialog box asking for the ID#, though the current ID# is displayed in the dialog box. I'm pr...

Custom Form Question
OL 2007 with Exchange Server: I have created two custom forms for use in our firm. Each are essentialy the same - they are tasks, and they now contain a second tab with a simple sheet that we fill in boxes on as we sign off on the task. I think I did everything the same on both. We create these tasks by selecting action|new custom task. My questions is this - one of the tasks will appear with a task icon, but the other will apper with a message post icon (the one with the yellow paper with a push pin in it). I can't for the life of me find where to specify what type of form this shou...

Minimized Outlook
I was glad to discover that I could minimize Outlook to an icon at the right of my task bar instead of to the standard big minimize bar. At least, until I found out that half of the time when I click on it to expand it, I get a ! message telling me that Outlook is not responding. I suppose that's a function of my Exchange server. But having to click again slows things down. Is there a way to disable this message and maximize Outlook quickly? Howard Brazee <howard@brazee.net> wrote: > I was glad to discover that I could minimize Outlook to an icon at > the right of my ta...

Form/Sub-Form problem
I have a form that is empty except for two sub-forms, the reason being that I want to move the 2nd sub-form up and down depending on what record is currently selected in the 1st sub-form. Both sub-forms are "continuous". The second sub-form is however filtered to a value that would produce at most two records. When I open the 1st sub-form directly from the DB window, it displays "continuous" as it's intended. However, when I open the form in which it is a sub-form, only one record displays, as though it's in "single form" mode. I've not been able to...

Minimized form
Hi, I have a big issue with Acces 2007,whne i open a form,the window is always minimized,i try to set the property "Auto resize" to yes,but when i open the form it's minimized as usual and displays one record only unless users scroll down the bar to see the records one by one... Is there any solution for this? What I did ( Access 2003 though ) was to put a macro with the command Maximize in the form onload event "Pietro" wrote: > Hi, > I have a big issue with Acces 2007,whne i open a form,the window is > always minimized,i try to set the proper...

form e-mail from a hyperlink
I'm having some trouble - I need to set up a form e-mail that will populate from a link on a web page. Basically, we want to have the user click and then have an email open up in outlook (since everyone is required to use outlook no problem there) with the to field already populated, the subject line populated and fields that we need to have the user populate in the body of the message. What is the best way to do this? Thanks! ...

How do I make a form "read only"?
I have a form with nearly 18,000 records that is searchable via combo box. I want to restrict the form to search and view only. How do I do this? Set its AllowEdits, AllowAdditions, and AllowDeletions properties to No (design view of form). -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "scaast" <u33052@uwe> wrote in message news:702e29ed1976a@uwe... >I have a form with nearly 18,000 records that is searchable via combo box. >I > want to restrict the form to search and view only. How do I do this? > ...

Form Fun...
Hi, How do you assign whatever is entered in a textbox in a form to variable? For example I want to be able to select up to 6 different worksheet and within these worksheets then go and single out the spreadshee titled Totals. Then I must create another spread sheet which wil solely contain the data that is entered on all the individual totals. This is similar to my other post except the added complexity of form is now in play. I have already set the form up just need help with th hard part. Many thanks, Ton -- tonyDeBrascoPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup acces myVar =...

My data is not showing on the form.
I have a database with 3 tables in it. I created a form to input data. Whenever I input data, the records are stored to the tables but I cannot see the information on the form Teg, That's a bit confusing. Do you mean you enter a new record of information, and you see those entries on the form as you type, but after the record is saved...you can't find, or see, or go to, that record? Perhaps the DataEntry property of your form is set to YES. DataEntry = YES only allows users to enter new records, but they can not access any previously entered record. What makes m...

IMPORTING A FORM
I have to fill out a payroll form each week for each contractor showing gross, deductions, net, hours and wages for each one. I have a form in formtoolv5 that I go in and edit. My quickbooks will download the payroll information I need into excel, but is there a way I can import this form and it would put things in the proper columns? I can not figure out how to do it in excel. I am very new to excel and all I have managed to accomplish is a headache. Any info would be helpful. I'm not familiar with FormTool v5. Where can we find out some more about it? Part of Quickbooks? Is ...

Data forms and data validation
I am attempting to create an excel data list using the standard data form. e.g. menu>data>form..... I have already created the headings and have applied data valisation to the cells under the headings to restrict the data entered to a specific range. I was hoping that by using data forms the data validation would restrict the data entered to that in the speciic range. Can someone tell me how I can invoke the drop down menus to the standart data form. Thank You You may want to look at John Walkenbach's enhanced data form: http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm On his fea...

Setting up a form to input into selected worksheet
I am sure this is kinda simple but haven't messed around with it since the late 90's so here it goes. I have a workbook with about 40 different sheets each sheet has its basically for accounting issues each sheet has a about 1500 rows prefilled in with every date for a year on each row I have 5 withdraw columns and a deposit column and a running balance column. what I need to do is create a form on the first worksheet that will give you a list box of all the worksheets and then another field that will let you input the date and 2 more boxes one for withdraws and 1 for deposits a...

New Message Form
I am trying to set my out of office to forward emails onto another account, when I do this I need these words in the subject line "Release-Authorised"... I get create the rule, but cannot see how to get the words inserted... I want to create a message form that allows me to set these words into the form... can anyone advise... am I going about this in the right way? Regards - Paul You can't, but you can add a certain category so you can sort on that with the receiving account. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www...

How to activate a checkbox in a form based on field of another for
Hi, hope that someone can help me with this! I have two forms CM-OR related to a table ORÇAMENTO and the form CM-EC related to the table ENCOMENDA. I need to insert a checkbox, named ACEITE on CM-OR, and activate it when the number inserted on the field ORÇAM (from table ENCOMENDA) of the form CM-EC is equal to the field NºORÇAMENTO (primary key of table ORÇAMENTO) of the CM-OR form. Thanks in advance ...

How to add "minimize" button for the dialog
How to add "minimize" button for the dialog - that is - the little "x" on the top right of the window? In resource editor, right click on the dialog and click properties. In styles tab, you will find the option "System Menu". Check it in your case. ------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com I am sorry. I also want minimize, that is "-" on the top right of the window How to add it by using code? This option (minimize box) is also available in the styles tab. -------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Play with GetSystemMenu of your dialog and remove...

Passing datagridview from form to class
Hi, I need some advice on how to use a datagridview properly. I'm converting a vb6 app to vb.net. In the vb6 application I was passing an empty datagrid by referene to a class I'd written, I was populating the datagrid and passing it back to the form all set up for action. I've tried doing the same in vb.net but the class I've written doesn't recognise the datagridview. So my question is, is passing the datagridview from a form class to a class I've written the best way to populate my datagridview? I'm really keen to have the populating of the grid ...

Minimize
I can minimize the whole program, but I can not minimize the file itself, the minimize button for the file is not there, what do I do? THanks S Hi Shawn Your Workbook is protect with Windows Checked Tools>Protection.....Protect Workbook -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Shawn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0f9b01c3932e$360a9df0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I can minimize the whole program, but I can not minimize > the file itself, the minimize button for the file is not > there, what do I do? &...

Select from a combo box, go to related record in another form
Hi, I've been struggling with this. It seems to be simple enough, but I cannot get my macro to work. I would like to have one form with just a combo box. The combo box contains a user ID and the First/Last names, so that when a user selects from the combo box, they are sure to select the correct person. After selecting from the combo box, I'd like to have a different form open to the record selected from the combo box. I'd like just that record to be displayed. I created a macro that opens the other form (OpenForm), and input an expression for the "Where Condition&quo...