Microsoft Releases Access 2007 Runtime for Free

Hopefully this isn't old news to most of you!

http://accesspro.blogspot.com/

Great for anyone that needs to deploy an Access database to multiple
users and doesn't want to buy full licenses!

0
bsmith59
7/22/2007 4:56:54 AM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Look through the Office button: a new option should appear there for you to
use it.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"dhawke@designersupport" <dhawke@designersupport@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:CAE6912C-0439-4F82-B658-AB9FA18FD7A1@microsoft.com...
> It is great that the runtime is FINALLY out as we have over 1,500 users of
> custom software program that uses the Runtime -- however, after proceeding
> though the installation routine I have yet to figure out where it was
> actually installed on my PC.  Perhaps what is causing this confustion is
> the
> fact that I also have the full version of Access 2007 installed.  Can
> anyone
> help me out here?
>
> "bsmith59@gmail.com" wrote:
>
>> Hopefully this isn't old news to most of you!
>>
>> http://accesspro.blogspot.com/
>>
>> Great for anyone that needs to deploy an Access database to multiple
>> users and doesn't want to buy full licenses!

0
Douglas
7/22/2007 1:10:42 PM
Thank You for replying so quickly; however, I have looked at every menu I can
find and still do not see a reference to it.

Perhaps you know what location it would be in?

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 04:14:02 -0700, dhawke@designersupport <dhawke@designersupport@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>It is great that the runtime is FINALLY out as we have over 1,500 users of a
>custom software program that uses the Runtime -- however, after proceeding
>though the installation routine I have yet to figure out where it was
>actually installed on my PC.  Perhaps what is causing this confustion is the
>fact that I also have the full version of Access 2007 installed.  Can anyone
>help me out here?

In previous versions, the Runtime was basically the full version with certain features disabled. I don't know
specifically about the 2007 version, but if you install the Runtime on a machine with the Retail/Full version, then (at
least AFAIK), the install will not proceed since there's no reason to install the Runtime on a machine with the full
version.

>"bsmith59@gmail.com" wrote:
>
>> Hopefully this isn't old news to most of you!
>>
>> http://accesspro.blogspot.com/
>>
>> Great for anyone that needs to deploy an Access database to multiple
>> users and doesn't want to buy full licenses!

Scott McDaniel
scott@takemeout_infotrakker.com
www.infotrakker.com
0
Scott
7/22/2007 1:46:47 PM
Did you click on the Office button (the circle to the left of the menus)?

--

wrote in message news:513D9549-7ED6-4DEC-B1A6-C796EA5C7F91@microsoft.com...
> Thank You for replying so quickly; however, I have looked at every menu I
> can
> find and still do not see a reference to it.
>
> Perhaps you know what location it would be in?
>
> "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
>
>> Look through the Office button: a new option should appear there for you
>> use it.
>>
>> --
>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>> (no private e-mails, please)
>>

>> "dhawke@designersupport"
>> <dhawke@designersupport@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote in message
>> > It is great that the runtime is FINALLY out as we have over 1,500 users
>> > of
>> > custom software program that uses the Runtime -- however, after
>> > proceeding
>> > though the installation routine I have yet to figure out where it was
>> > actually installed on my PC.  Perhaps what is causing this confustion
>> > is
>> > the
>> > fact that I also have the full version of Access 2007 installed.  Can
>> > anyone
>> > help me out here?

0
Douglas

Linking tasks in MS Project 2007
roI have copied 5 tasks from a project and linked them in a consolidated project using the 'Paste Special' command. This almost works well because any changes I make to the tasks in the original project are reflected in the consolidated project except the % complete shown in the indicators column. For some reason, when I make any changes to the % complete in the original project, the changes arent reflected in the consolidated project (and vice versa). I'm presuming that % complete should be updated like any other field therefore any help would be appreciated. -- s...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

access app as a service
Thanks in advance for your help. What is the easiest way to run an access app as a windows service? I'm looking for options. Thanks again. hi Lance, On 21.04.2010 16:37, Lance McGonigal wrote: > What is the easiest way to run an access app as a windows service? I'm > looking for options. There are some third-party tools which allows to run almost any executable as a service, but an Access application is not such an application. You may run Access using the Task Scheduler. btw, why do you want to do that? Maybe there are other options. mfG -->...

"dpm 2007" library shows "Missing:1" for a slot in quantum superlo
I have reinstalled the entire OS/DPM 2007 setup, but despite this, i'm still "missing" a slot in library.. slot 9 of my quantum dlt-s4 superloader 3. I've emptied that slot in the library just to make sure.. Does anyone know what would cause this and how to fix it? I'm on 2008 r2 x64 ( was on plain 2008 x64 before, no change).. Thanks I tried all of your suggestions, but #9 is still missing. (Note, again, that i had wiped the C drive and reinstalled 2007 dpm, as well as upgraded to 2010, all to no avail). I'm still thinking it may be a bad cart...

Outlook 2007 Autopick Next
I was looking for autopick next in Outlook 2007 and couldn't find it. However, after googling I found a couple of sources that have a screen shot of the Scheduling Assistant screen that show an Autopick Next button in the lower left corner ( same place as 2003). I do not have this button on my screen. Am I missing something, was something changed before Outlook 2007 was released or ............? Thanks for your help! Are you sure the screenshot was for 2007? On the appointment form, it's on the right side, http://www.xsolive.com/Outlook%20Screen%20shots/suggest.png Actions, Plan a m...

Cannot access mine CRM (3.0) Contacts from Outlook 2003 Address Book
I have imported over 700 contacts into CRM (3.0). I have installed the CRM using Outlook 2003 client. When I look in my Address book in the Show names from list, I can see the CRM contacts option but I get an information message. Message reads "The Address list could not be displayed. The action could not be completed". What do I need to do to have my CRM contacts accessable from Outlook for addressing mail? ...

size of large icons in 2007 Ribbon
What is the expected size of the image to be used in the "large" ribbon controls? I searched around but didn't find it in the docs. Thanks! Hi, I believe its, Normal = 16 x 16 Large = 32 x 32 Cheers Andy On 09/02/2010 05:22, E. Alex Davis wrote: > What is the expected size of the image to be used in the "large" ribbon > controls? I searched around but didn't find it in the docs. Thanks! ...

Money 2007 Locks up when trying to reconcile account
Hello, everytime I try to reconcile an account the program stops responding. I am running XPSP2. Please help. I have never had a problem until now. Have you tried File|Repair? "dandrzej" <dandrzej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3DF46789-461F-4C77-968D-CD5CE1A24E0F@microsoft.com... > Hello, everytime I try to reconcile an account the program stops > responding. > I am running XPSP2. Please help. I have never had a problem until now. Thanks, I believed that worked. "Dick Watson" wrote: > Have you tried File|Repair? > &...

Excel not Access

Outlook 2007
Hi All Using outlook 2003 I had the MCL overwritten by the users login script with a version that included all the categories we needed. Now with outlook 2007 this no longer works as the categories are stored elsewhere. Is there a way using something like vbs that the users categories could be over written by a master txt file or something? I tried the catman 2 tool but would involve installing the app on multiple machines. Thanks in advance. Laurence. "LarryB" <LarryB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07DBECAB-79CE-4942-B527-2DF2C283387...

lousy audio playback in release version
Can someone tell me why my double buffer audio playback (from a file) sounds lousy in my release version? Inside Visual Studio, either build plays fine, but when I run that exe by itself, I can only get the full sound quality if I put the entire file data in a single buffer. Steve Russell wrote: > Can someone tell me why my double buffer audio playback (from a file) sounds > lousy in my release version? > > Inside Visual Studio, either build plays fine, but when I run that exe by > itself, I can only get the full sound quality if I put the entire file data > in a ...

Cannot drag and drop any files (doc, ppt, xls) into outlook 2007 e
I have recently updated my pc with Win7 (from XP) and I use MS Office Pro 2007. I have my Outlook configured and have been using it for a few days now but since I upgraded, I have difficulty managing file attachments when trying to send email. I send files often to coworkers by dragging a document into the body of an email. This no longer works and I get the symbol of the circle and line through it. HOWEVER, it works manually if I go through the steps using the paperclip button to attach files. It does work between emails though. I can create a new email and drag at...

Access 2000 01-07-08
Does anyone know how to define an email field as a clickable event which then opens up Outlook Express with the email address you have just clicked appearing in the To: line? Sarah, > Does anyone know how to define an email field as a clickable event... Every TextControl has a DoubleClick event. Any code you want to run when the field is double-clicked should be placed in that event. Given an Email field on the form named EMail1, the following code will send an email to the email address contained in Email1. (Don't use the Click event, as that will send an email every time...

Microsoft Promo

Importing from Access to an Outlook Distribution List
Hi, I have been busy building a contact database in Access (2002) and am wondering if there is anyway to up-load the e-mail addresses to an Oulook (2002) distrubtion list. If anyone knows the answer, my summer student will be very excited because he won't have to re-enter the information in Outlook. Cheers! ...

Logging Access to Mailboxes?
I'm somewhat new to Exchange 2003 and I have been asked by our CIO to see if another one of the Admins is looking at others mailboxes. I know he has the ability to do this (we both do) but I cannot find any logs that show him accessing other mailboxes. I was used to the way 5.5 worked when it would log access to other mailboxes in the eventlog. Is this enabled or enable-able in Exchange 2003? Thanks. On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 22:57:57 -0400, "CG" <cg@cox.net> wrote: >I'm somewhat new to Exchange 2003 and I have been asked by our CIO to see if >another one of ...

Publisher 2007 Beta 2 with pdf add-on
I am a newsletter editor for a very simple monthly newsletter and I am pleased that I can send my letters out in pdf format so eveyone with a computer can read the letter with the Adobe reader. I think I am going to leave well-enough alone and not do anything to jepordize this feature until I can buy the final copy whenever it comes out. Will anything happen automatically to the Beta 2 version of office to prevent me from using the pdf feature in Publisher before the final product hits the streets? I am learning a lot from this discussion group--thanks to all of you. Depends on when...

Outlook Web Access
When trying to email via OWA using IE 7, the software prompts for the Outlook 2000 disk. (Computer has Office 2000 and Windows XP on it). If I delete Outlook from the computer, and leave Outlook Express, would the problem cease to exist? I don't believe OWA needs Outlook to reside on the computer for OWA to operate. You should not have to remove Outlook in order to use OWA. I use it from home all the time. You may want to inquire whether or not you require IE 8 in order to use OWA, find out from your Exchange Admin. -- Kathleen Orland "TerryTutor" <...

Setting a bookmark from Access
- I am running an RunTime-Access 2000 and Word 2000. - I have an Access-form with a bound object. - When activating the object I want to put some of the data from my form into the Word-document. This is where my system crash! I manage to open the object, but if I try to call anything about bookmarks it crashes! I have tried : ***************** Dim WordObj As Object Dim WordDoc As Object Dim WordRange As Range With Forms![frmSosJournal]![Journal] .Enabled = True .Locked = False .Class = "Word.Document" .OLETypeAllo...