Method 'ExecuteTempImexSpec' of object'_Wizhook' failed

I am attempting to migrate a spreadsheet for a homeowners association into an
Access format.  The spreadsheet (in a decade) has grown to 5 megs in size.
Excel and Word have been working for us, but we would like to try it in
Access.  It is recognized that one problem we faced was the spreadsheet
columns contained mixed data types (text, #s, currency, dates, et al) and
many null spaces.  This has been corrected my installing the text on on
workpage and the data on others.  [Previously all was on one page, why not?
It worked for us.)  Still all attempts to open a table with text info such as
property address, owner, owner's mailing address, owners billing address,
true owner of Trust account, telephone, tenant's name, etc. have all resulted
in the above error.  There are 150 homes, but each imported table starts
petering out with parser errors somewhere around column 88.

The spreadsheet links just fine, it just won't import.  As a practical
matter the inability to import it as a table means there is seemingly no
point to playing with Access when MS Word mail merge does a good job of
generating an invoice from the Excel sheet and new formula columns can be
added at any time.  There exists a need to maintain all of the data as we do
from time to time get legal challenges to unpaid fines, assessment and
interest billings.  Some challenges have their roots in events years ago.

Add to this the frustration of not being able to find an applicable
template.  Very few on the Board use Outlook (too prone to virus attack) so
the few possibly modifiable templates we have found, which are all set up to
download data from outlook, rather than a linked spreadsheet are useless.  We
need a Template that can handle the above data, cope with irregular payment
histories (i/3 the amount owed this week by a check, another 1/2 next week
with a check from a different account, some cash 3 days later, etc.) varying
interest rates for different events (fines vs. quarterly assessments, vs.
unpaid bills for work performed, etc.) with varied accrual rates (annual, vs.
quarterly, etc.).  Anyone have an off the shelf Template?

access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Upgrade from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2007 Schema fails
I am running Exchange 2000 (version 6.0 build 6249.4 sp3) on a windows 2000 sp4 server. The domain is windows 2003 native. Exchnage is in exchange 2000 native mode. have added new 64-bit windows 2003 r2 sp1 server to host exchange 2007. have tried running install to update schema. Keep getting following error: Entry DN: CN=ms-Exch-Mobile-Mailbox-Policy-Link,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=hksys,DC=com Add error on line 124: Unwilling To Perform The server side error is "Schema update failed: An attribute with the same link identifier already exists." An error has occurred in t...

why does publisher 97 fail to save in limited user account
I am using windows XP. one of the accounts on the PC is a limited user (not admin) Publisher 97 will not save the files when using this account. Error message "could not create a tempory file" occurs. Works fine if the user profile is changed to admin user? ...

WU on Win 2003 fails with 0x800706b5
I attempt to run Windows Update on a Win 2003 SP2 server. The home page displays successfully. At that point, whether I click on "Express" or "Custom" the next page displayed says - "The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. [Error number: 0x800706b5]" I've searched the Internet for cases where this particular error is returned by WU, but none of them resolve the problem in our situation. Reviewing "WindowsUpdate.log" confirms that all WU components have the most current version...

Deleted Items In Inbox Fail To Purge
I'm using Outlook 2007 with an IMAP server for my business e-mail. Seemingly without warning, and intermittently, deleted messages are failing to purge from my in-box. The messages clearly show as deleted, but won't purge either manually (Edit, Purge) or automatically (Purge on exiting folder). There's perhaps a clue that when I log into the same account with an Exchange server, the messages aren't there. I've tried restarting Outlook, and even restarting the machine, all to no avail. I'm wondering if this possibly has something to do with the Droid I r...

Access 2003 VB Code Export Query Failing with Access 2007 user
I have a set of excel export queries I created in an access 2003 DB. Now, some of my users have upgraded to Access 2007 and are running in to a "Parameter" error when the execute the "canned" excel export queries I created for them. My only presumption is that it is due to the fact that I have hardcoded the export function, to go to an Office 2003 Excel file, and for whatever reason, Access 2007 cannot handle this. This make sense? And if so, any suggestions? I suppose if there was an easy way to test what version of office/excel they are running, I could change...

(New Object).Method
Is there a simpler acceptable syntax for (New Class).Method than With New Class .Method End With In VB.NET you can use Call Call (New Class).Method but this syntax is not acceptable in VB6 (with or without the () at the end). FYI I am looking for VB6 and VB.NET answers, if they are different. (Using Call in VB.NET is "acceptable", I'm just wondering if there is an alternative syntax I haven't thought of.) BTW Note that if you define an "identity" function: Function Identity(ByVal C As Class) As Class Identity = C End Function (And...

Notification of failed emails
Is there a way in Exchange 2003 to notify someone when an email address fails to be delivered to a specific domain? suppose my email address is 'grant@domain.com' and someone sends to 'grantttt@domain.com' - could I get exchange to notify me that an attempt was made to deliver to the 'domain' domain and the specific details of the message? Thanks, Grant Hi Grant, Grant wrote: > Is there a way in Exchange 2003 to notify someone when an email > address fails to be delivered to a specific domain? > > suppose my email address is 'grant@domain.com&...

Failed to create Microsoft CRM Databases 02-18-04
when i install Microsoft CRM 1.0 i faced to this error messages "Failed to create Microsoft CRM Databases unknown error 80040e14" please help me my system is windows 2000 sp4 sql 2000 sp3a mdac 2.8 also my acccoun is in domain administrator group thx Hi, You will find below 3 TKs that may help you to sort this issue out : http://www.greatplains.com/techknowledge/techknowledge.asp?id=29393&target=PS http://www.greatplains.com/techknowledge/techknowledge.asp?id=30300&target=PS http://www.greatplains.com/techknowledge/techknowledge.asp?id=31908&target=PS -...

SaveBarState fails when it is called from a thread #5
Hi, In my application, I use SaveBarState() for persisting control bar state. The code fragment is something like this. void CMainFrame::OnSavePersistance() { SaveBarState(_T("My Persistence")); // Saves some information to an xml file } Since my xml saving takes some time I changed the code to execute in a thread UINT ThreadFn(LPVOID pParam) { CMainFrame* pThis = (CMainFrame*)pParam; pThis->SaveBarState(_T("My Persistence")); return 0; } void CMainFrame::OnCntrlbartst() { AfxBeginThread( ThreadFn, this ); } But, now in the thread function SaveBarState...

ReadBinHex method
Hi, I'm trying to read binary information from an XMLTextReader and to save it to a .jpg file, using a FileStream. I don't want to use an XmlDocument because of performance reasons. But the only example code I could find is: byte[] binhex = new byte[1000]; do { binhexlen = reader.ReadBinHex(binhex, 0, 50); for (int i=0; i < binhexlen; i++) Console.Write(binhex[i]); } while (reader.Name == "BinHex"); Is there any way to discover the length of the binary data on beforehand? Or can someone give me a hint on how to complete my code her...

CDHtmlDialog::SetElementHtml() always fail
Dear all, I am using CDHtmlDialog in VC++ .Net 2003. In my dialog, I have a HTML List box, it can show "Group List" with my hardcoded HTML resources file. I have a problem that I want to update my HTML using SetElementHtml(), I always missing some data after I added, for example: the HTML resources file contains: <select id="MyFileList" name="MyFileList"> <OptGroup label="Test1.doc"> <Option>C:\MyData\Test1.doc</Option> </OptGroup> </select> I using GetElementHtml(), it return: <OptGroup...

Outlook trys to reinstall, then fails with error 1722.
I just booted my Win2K machine for the first time this week. When I try to launch Outlook from my desktop, it shows an "Installing Office XP" dialogue for 20 seconds or so, then fails with error code 1722. I haven't installed anything new for months. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Bill ...

Log On failing
The past couple of days Money 2004 is failing to log on again. Is anyone else experiencing this? OK as soon as I post it begins working...... "OldBored" wrote: > The past couple of days Money 2004 is failing to log on again. Is anyone > else experiencing this? ...

New Drop-down lists failing
Hi, I'm working on Excel 2003, in a workbook with macros, radio buttons etc. I've been trying to add a drop-down list using Data>Validation. The validation info gets registered (only the data entered is a valid input) but the drop-down list is not displayed (no arrow). Performing the same procedure in a new spreadsheet on same workbook is successful and drop-down arrow is displayed. Can anybody help me troubleshoot the problem? What should I check? Thanks It is possible you have Tools>Options>View>Objects>Hide all selected. This is a workbook only setting so does not ...

Outlook 2003 Rule to Match Body Text Fails
I'm getting a new class of spam that can't be filtered with a rule that matches text in the email body even though the text exists in the body. Also, Outlook's Simple Find can't match text in the message body. Has anyone else encountered this new type of Spam? Any ideas? (Outlook 2003's builtin Junk Mail filter doesn't catch them either.) Most of these spams includes phrases like "I just heard" or "I wanted to tell you" or "My name is John", and include links to the certain WEb sites: http://getitrightnowwholesale.com or http://u...

Why do drop down menus fail?
None of the drop down menus appear when I click on the button bar in Word or Publisher documents. Has anyone else had this problem? For Word, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm. I don't know about Publisher; try a Publisher newsgroup. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Joy" <Joy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E703A301-107F-4C91-ABBD-41136D8E963F@microsoft.com... > None of the drop down menus appear when I click on the button bar in Word or > Publisher documents. Has anyone else had this problem? ...

Should my properties be a method or set by a method
I am in the process of building a VB6 class that represents the Windows startbutton. Currently it has two properties, one to set the caption of the button and one to enable or disable it. Currently setting either property sets that property of the actual start button. Should I be setting these properties via a method? "Leo" <Leo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > I am in the process of building a VB6 class that represents the Windows > startbutton. Currently it has two properties, one to set the caption of the > button and one to enable or disable it. Cu...

The operation failed. An object could not be found. #3
I've looked on microsoft and on the web about this error message. However none seem to cover my problem. This error message, "The operation failed. An object could not be found." shows when i click on rules and alerts. I've gone and done the things the other explanations give about creating a new profile, but I still get this error. I use the rules to separate my e-mails into individual folders depending on who the e-mail is from. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. If you can, any reply's can be sent to my e-mail address schristopher@struthers-dunn.com....

Evaluate Method.
Hi, I need help with evaluate Method. What I am trying to do is write for loop for following. UserForm2.Label1.Caption = "" UserForm2.Label2.Caption = "" UserForm2.Label3.Caption = "" UserForm2.Label4.Caption = "" UserForm2.Label5.Caption = "" UserForm2.Label6.Caption = "" UserForm2.Label7.Caption = "" UserForm2.Label8.Caption = "" I tried this(below) and many other thing, but nothing seem to work. Any suggestion on making this work? For i = 1 T...

Object dosent support this property or method
This code behind a command button should check to see if a record exists and open a form with that data if it does. If record does not exist it will open the form in data entry mode. I don't understand this error??? Private Sub cmdMember_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdMember_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String Dim dbcurrent As DAO.Database Dim rstemp As DAO.Recordset If IsNull([cmdMember]) Then MsgBox "Please enter a Member # before proceeding." Exit Sub Else 'Check to see if a record already exis...

Overtime Methods
I can't seem to find any information on how the overtime methods work in Advanced Payroll. I have read the online manual and looked in Knowledgebase, but I can't find anything about it. Any ideas where I can get help with this? Perhaps a kb number or something? Thanks! Tracey D What manual are you reading? For the overtime rates you need to read the overtime rate manager manual. You should be able to download it from CustomerSource. You can also send an e-mail to me. Take out the "nospam" part of the address. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Tracey D" wrote: ...

change valuation method
1. My company uses standard costing (FIFO periodic) on all items. We want to move to FIFO perpetual for one group of items. We do not want to create brand new items. What is the best way to convert the existing items in Great Plains from FIFO periodic to FIFO perpetual. 2. We tried changing overhead accounts on one item and got the error that you cant edit this account number as there are unposted receipts for this item. What tables do I check for this. We use manufacturing module too and are on GP 8. 3. When we receive an item on purchase receipt, we get PPV and also material overhead entri...

Createshortcut on remote machine fails
When I try to create a shortcut on the desktop of a remote machine with the following code, the shortcut does not work. When it is clicked on the 'Open With..' dialog appears. Creating a shortcut while sat at the remote machine produces a shortcut which works and which has properties which are identical to the one produced with the code. When sat at the remote machine, if I change the properties of the one produced with the code and click Apply the shortcut then works. What am I missing? ===CODE=== $mypath=<path to desktop on remote machine> $test=(new-object...

Is there a method in CString equivalent to std::string::replace?
Hi. How can I replace a substring in a CString? Isn't there an equvalent CString method? For example I can write: std::string s("C:\Temp\Some") s.replace(s.begin()+8, s.end(), "*.*", 3); After replacing 's' contains "C:\Temp\*.*"; How to implement this using 'CString'? Thanks in advance Martin No, 'CStringT::Replace' does quite a different thing: A snip from MSDN: int Replace( PCXSTR pszOld, PCXSTR pszNew ); int Replace( XCHAR chOld, XCHAR chNew ); This function replaces instances of the specified character or subs...

SP2 fails to complete
Server 2000 SP4, Exchange 2003 SP1 SP2 install fails to complete, somewhat similar to KB 919076 but without interupting mail flow. Error message from install routine: Exchange Server component Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services failed. Error: 0xc107041d - 0xc007041d - The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. (EXIFS) Looking in event viewer showed that error maessage immediatly preceeded by Faulting application inetinfo.exe, version 5.0.2195.6620, stamp 3de2893b, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, stamp 00000000, debug...