Message box if date is already in a table

Hello.

I have a problem, and was wondering if anyone could help?

I have a table whereby a date is added at the start of a process, to show
that the process has already been done for this date.

Is it possible to have in a macro a function that says "If the date is in
this table, then bring up an error message box and halt the process.  If the
date is not in the table then continue with the process (macro)"

Thanks in advance
AJ
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Can you describe the process a little more? It is probably possible to do in
VBA, but can't say for sure without more information.

--
Lynn Trapp
MCP, MOS, MCAS

On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 00:32:01 -0800, AJCB <AJCB@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hello.
>
>I have a problem, and was wondering if anyone could help?
>
>I have a table whereby a date is added at the start of a process, to show
>that the process has already been done for this date.
>
>Is it possible to have in a macro a function that says "If the date is in
>this table, then bring up an error message box and halt the process.  If the
>date is not in the table then continue with the process (macro)"
>
>Thanks in advance
>AJ

You could put a unique Index on the date field in the table; but you can't
really put events like this in a Table. If (as should be routine!!) you have a
Form through which the data is entered, you can do this check in the Form's
BeforeUpdate event, which can be cancelled.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

e-mail messages, from outlook, to cd, how to
hello there, i have a few thousant e-mail messages in outlook maps. i want to save them, i would like to burn them on a cd. i would like to move them just by one klik of my mouse i can rename them one by one, and then put them in a new map on C disk, an than burn them on a cd, but i want to do them all by just one mouse klick. please can you help me. What are Outlook Maps?? All of your mail is contained in a file with a .pst extension. You can export your folders that you want saved to a .pst file and then burn that to CD (you will need to copy it back to your hard drive and remove the r...

How do you make Inbox messages stay bold until opened?
While in the Inbox, new messages are bold. Just by "passing" by them, the bolding is removed and it appears the messages have been read. How do you make the message remain bold until the message is actually opened? Tools, options, other, Reading pane button - uncheck Mark as read when selection changes. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlo...

How do I obtain number of days in the month of a given date
-- Robert =EOMONTH(A1,0)-EOMONTH(A1,-1) where the date is entered in cell A -- Alex Delamai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Alex Delamain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1127 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26913 On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 00:17:02 -0700, Robert <bobbell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: With the given date in A1: If you have the analysis tool pak installed, you can use: =DAY(EOMONTH(A1,0)) If you do NOT have the ATP installed, then you can use: ...

No message rules?
I just switched from Outlook express (which I really like) to Windows live mail. It did a very good job of finding my old contacts and messages, but I don't see my rules. I used to route incoming messages to specific folders based on sender or message title. I can't find the corresponding feature in Windows live mail. Am I just not looking in the right places or does Live mail just not offer the equivalent feature?? ED On the Menu Bar: Tools | Message Rules. Don't see the Menu Bar? The Alt button will temporally enable the Menu Bar, or click on the Menus ...

Reject messages with custom message?
A policy has dictated an account of a former employee respond to all incoming email messages with a custom note and not allow the messages to accumulate in the mailbox. In fact, for admin purposes it would be great if there was no longer a AD account and mailbox. Thank you, -Bob I suggest that you request a few thousand dollars to hire a programmer to write you a custom event sink so that you can comply with the policy. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "just bob" <kilbyfan-aol@net.com> wrote in message news:%23...

month-date #2
Hi all, I have '23-Dec' format in a coloumn. How can I sort Month first and then first date first? Thanking you in advance. Regards, Kirandeep Surely the sort will get it in m onth order anyway? -- HTH ------- Bob Phillips "Kirandeep Singh" <kiran_excel@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e$zFD6NdEHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I have '23-Dec' format in a coloumn. How can I sort Month first and then > first date first? > > Thanking you in advance. > > Regards, > > Kirandeep > > Hi are these...

block messages
Hi all, can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. I have created Contact with internet email address (non AD user) I have tried Delivery restriction Tab to reject messages from specific mailbox (that Contact) in the internet, but it doesn't work. Is any solution, how to filter abc@abc.com on exch5.5 sp3 Thanks Marek On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:34:08 +0100, "Marek" <neco@necoteckaenco.com> wrote: >Hi all, >can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. >I have created Contact with internet email addr...

Combo Box Adding Button to edit list items
I have a form which is designed to enter information about jobs we have completed. It has 3 combo boxes for different types of contacts that are pulled from different tables. I want the user to be able to select from the list or add a new contact. I know they can right click on the drop down arrow for the combo box and select "Edit List Items" but I really would like to add a button next to each combo box that gives them that option. I have tried creating a button next to it that opens up the form for the contact and then a button on that newly opened form to save and clos...

Outlook message rules for sent message from me.
Greetings, There has always been a message rule I wanted, and never asked about. So now I will. I default a copy of all my send messages to the sent folder. They are marked at read... which is good, because if I send the message, I obviously read it. <grin> At times, I wish I could send the message to other folders. Example. I have a folder called "family". If I send a message to "family", I'd like to be able to put a copy in the "family" folder. I know you could do this, but the message is not marked as read. Thus, the folder is bolded/...

Exchange 2003, lost messages and tracking
AD 2000 domain, single forest, single domain, single exchange site Exchange 2003 Windows 2003 Ent I have a strange problem going on here. I’ve been receiving complaints periodically about users not receiving message with xls attachments. I sent the user and myself 3 messages from a test yahoo account with sequential subjects (1,2,3…) and a .xls attachment. I received all 3 messages and attachments to my account. The user in question only received the 2nd and 3rd message with attachments. The message tracking center shows all 3 messages being delivered with the final entry being “S...

Outlook 2003 Error Message #8
When sending messages to my internal MS Exchange recipients I get this error message. "You do not have permission to send to this recipient." Any help or work around for this. I searched the MS Knowledge Base and could get this exact error to come up. Thanks. ...

Access 2007 Property for visible tables in navigation pane?
I have a form with a list box. I would like the list box to load the tables from my database that are visible in the Navigation pane. Where is this property set? I have tried the AllTables collection, but the table properties are not available. And I tried this: Dim cat As adox.Catalog Set cat = New adox.Catalog cat.ActiveConnection = CurrentProject.Connection Dim i As Integer With cat.Tables For i = 0 To (.Count - 1) If .Item(i).Properties(9).Value = False Then Me.lstTables.AddItem .Item(i).Name End If Next i End With Where Prope...

Message removal
I'm attempting to remove 3 messages that keep appearing in my Sync Issues / Server Failures folder. I delete them, and the next day they are back again. I've tried extracting them with the ExMerge utility, run in Archive mode to delete them from the store. It fails, and in the ExMerge.log file it says: [11:54:12] Error copying messages from folder '\Sync Issues\Server Failures' (MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION) Any ideas how I can extract these messages? I would try disabling any AV on the machine you are running Exmerge on and see if that works. On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:42:...

number of messages in inbox
how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? If you have the status bar enabled from the View menu and then highlight the folder the number of items is displayed in the status bar <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08ad01c3d513$e0e22dc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? ...

OLE Server Error Message
Access 2002. I am running a database compiled with Access 2003 on a system that is using Access XP (2002). When I exit the database I get an "information" dialog that says: A problem occurred while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE server. Try one or more of the following: *Make sure you're connected to the network server where the OLE server application is located. *Close the OLE server and restart it outside of Microsoft Access. Then try the original operation again from within Microsoft Access. *Reinstall the OLE server to ensure that it's register...

NDR Message 5.7.1
I have a problem with message beging recieved through our exchange server. This recently started. One of our other admins did some tweaking before he went out of town and we are having a hard time finding out what was done and yes we have tried to contact him. Mail sent from exchange users come in fine but when sent from external addresses (the ones we have tested) do not come in and get a ndr message. I don't know how long this has been happening exactly but it has been a week since the other admin left. Used both DNSreports / DNSstuff and oddly both have the MX and DNS succes...

Message Tracking with Message ID
I work on the Defense Message System. We get error reports for messages with a message ID on them. The problem is how does one find the message that goes with the ID in a "FIND" of the Sent Items on the senders computer? I have not found a way that is user friendly to do this search on the users computer. Very Respectfully, ET3 Hettinger USN ...

Calendar date shown incorrect
I have a bit of an issue using CRM3.0. One of my users is getting a strange error, when she selects the calendar date picker option to select a date while it correctly shows today as 04/04/2008, the calendar suggests it is a Saturday!! Anyone got any idea? Can you please let us know what time zone did the user set at and what timezone your system is at? That could be a bug in CRM 3.0 and MS might already have the hotfix for it. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Apr 4, 6:43=A0am, Will <W...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a bit of an iss...

Pivot tables and macros
i currently use macros to change some downloaded sales information. unfortunately, the volume always changes and I cannot use a macro for creaqting a Pivot table. When i select cell A1 and hit pivot tabel it automatically selcts the range. In my macro it will only select the actual range i recorded. IS there a way to go around that? Thanks Mike You'll have to edit the macro to create a variable range (alt + F11 will bring up the VB Editor). If, for example, your macro recorded the range as "A1:D4200", you'll want to create a variable to capture the final row, th...

Help on Pivot table
When i do pivot i get the data displayed as Contractor Circle Count X 1 10 2 15 3 20 Y 1 10 2 15 3 20 Z 1 10 2 15 3 20 I want to display as Contractor Circle ...

Error message Importing INV File
I am using Money 2005 Samll Business and when I try to import a custom invoice I receive the following error message. Money cannot import an INV file that was created before July, 2002. Please try importing a more recent version of the file. I just created my file tonight and the properties say it was created 11/19/04 so there should be no problem with the date. I am set up for US regional settings. Has anyone ran into this and figured a way around it? Thanks, ...

Suddenly no pictures in HTML messages
Running XP pro SP3, Outlook 2002. About Wed. or Thurs, any html messages received do not include pictures. Did Microsoft send out an update that might have interfered? Or did I do something I'm not aware of? Thank you, Roberta Roberta, you wrote on Sat, 4 Apr 2009 06:52:06 -0700: > About Wed. or Thurs, any html messages received do not include > pictures. Did Microsoft send out an update that might have > interfered? Or did I do something I'm not aware of? There is no such an update. Verify if the Internet Explorer is in offline mode (go to the file menu in IE)...

Copy Local Message Rule
I've created a complicated message rule for filtering that I would like to put on other client machines. Can I copy it? Is this possible? WIn2k server/ Exchange 2k w/all current SPs. STEVE ...

cannot move messages
Sometimes when I attempt to move a message from the inbox to a storage folder I receive the following error message - "An unknown error has occured. The selected message(s) could not be moved." Why am I receiving this message and how can this problem be corrected? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks What kind of mail account is it? POP3, IMAP or HTTP? Both IMAP and HTTP accounts synchronize with the mail server, so moving a message from the mail account to the storage folder requires that WLM tell the mail server to delete the message from the server ma...

anchor picture to text box
(Publisher 2003) I have a newsletter with a Kudos box. In the corners of the box I have a happy face. I'd like the happy faces to be anchored to their corners so when I enlarge or shorten the box, the faces move along with the text box. Why not create a rectangle, insert the happy faces, group. The problem as I see it would be if you resize, the happy faces could be distorted if you widen or shrink the group. You would always have to re-size proportionally. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Helen" <Helen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:193...