Merging Data into Word and Want Checkboxes (Yes/No data type)

I am trying to merge data from my access database into word.   I have several
items that are checkboxes in access.   How do i get those checkboxes to merge
into word so that i see them.  Right now they just produce numbers if they
are checked or not.  Thanks
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

I'm not sure you can do with with a straight mail merge.  The following is a
snippet of code from one of my applications.  The app relies on documents
that have already been bookmarked with simple bookmarks (for fields longer
than 255 characters), checkboxes (for y/n fields), and textboxes for
everything else.  The merging is data driven.  The application loops through
the recordset where the data exists and joins to a table that contains the
field type and bookmark name.

        If rsDAO!ControlType = "Memo" Then
            If IsNull(rsDAO!MemoValue) Then
                If rsDAO!RequiredFlag = True Then
                    MsgBox "Required field - " & rsDAO!FieldDescription &
  -  is missing", vbOKOnly
                Else
                    WordDoc.FormFields(rsDAO!BookMarkName).result = ""
                End If
            Else
                WordDoc.Unprotect
                WordDoc.BookMarks(rsDAO!BookMarkName).Range.Fields(1).result.Text
= rsDAO!MemoValue
            End If
        Else
            If IsNull(rsDAO!TextValue) Then
                If rsDAO!RequiredFlag = True Then
                    MsgBox "Required field - " & rsDAO!FieldDescription &
" - is missing", vbOKOnly
                Else
                    WordDoc.FormFields(rsDAO!BookMarkName).result = ""
                End If
            Else
                If rsDAO!ControlType = "Checkbox" Then
                    If rsDAO!TextValue = "Yes" Then
                        WordDoc.FormFields(rsDAO!BookMarkName).CheckBox.value
= True
                    Else
                        WordDoc.FormFields(rsDAO!BookMarkName).CheckBox.value
= False
                    End If
                Else
                    WordDoc.FormFields(rsDAO!BookMarkName).result =
rsDAO!TextValue
                End If
            End If
        End If
    rsDAO.MoveNext
    Loop

"Ang2459" <Ang2459@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to merge data from my access database into word.   I have
>several
> items that are checkboxes in access.   How do i get those checkboxes to
> merge
> into word so that i see them.  Right now they just produce numbers if they
> are checked or not.  Thanks

0
PatHartman

merging
Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is a certificate) and then merge the desired information from a select querry in access? Hi Tina (sttpreston@clyde.k12.oh.us), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is || a certificate) and then merge the desired information from || a select querry in access? Yes, you can. Which version of Publisher and Windows are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

Merge same transaction
I've had transactions that I've placed in my register with detailed info in the memo area only to have the same exact transaction download with no info and unrecognized as the same transaction. Traditionally I've copied and pasted the info into the downloaded transaction and then deleted my transaction. This is a real PAIN... Is there a way to tell Money that these two separate transactions are the SAME transaction and then have it merge them? It works exactly as intended when Money recognizes the transaction that's already in the register and then merges them beautiful...

Linking Cells: Excel into Word Document
Greetings, After reading through the help files for Excel 2002, it seems to me that there is no way, except for programming, to have just a range of cells in a worksheet be linked to a Word document. Here is what I am attemping to accomplish: Using Word to create an extensive document for a database proposal. Using Excel to document the all of the required tables (since nothing has been created in Acces and I am new databases), drawing diagrams with lines and other database objects. Would like to be able to insert/link certain cells from a worksheet (which would be many inserts/links) into t...

Bubble Chart
Hi all I would like to make a bubble chart that will automatic update when data is changed. The chart data consist of the following type of data in general; Name (Label) Ease (x) Risk (y) Size (cost) Type (colour) Product A 1 2 1 New Product (Red) Product B 2 3 2 New Product (Red) Product C 3 1 6 Improvement (Green) Product D 4 5 3 Improvement (Green) Product E 5 1 2 Cost Out (Gray) … … … … … The colour should be transparent if possible. It would also be nice if the bubble graph would automatic update if a new product is inserted / deleted. /Steen ...

I Want to know how to use iis root folder
I made some stlserver program... because I want a version infomation to serve. and I made all of information xml file . but I have some problem. I got a physical path. but I don't know how to make file of the web address. how can i get the webAddress? ...

creating an address data base #2
I would like to create a database of clients, and when i type ne invoices i would like to select them so the address etc will fill int the address block automaticly -- adspreadboroug ----------------------------------------------------------------------- adspreadborough's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1565 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27192 ...

Importing data from Maximizer
Hi: What experience has anyone had with importing Maximizer data into MSCRM using either the Data Migration tool, Scribe, or a combination of both? Scribe don't handle this seamlessly, you apparently need to export to a .csv file first. Is this still quicker using this process with Scribe, than with the DMF? Many Thanks Cathy Allington Hi, We are also looking at migrating Maximizer into CRM. If you would not mind, could you please let me know if you find anything more on this. I would truly appreciate it. Shauna skoppang@shaw.ca "Cathy Allington" wrote: > Hi: > ...

Word mail merge

Word 2007, Runtime Error code: 429, Active X component can't creat
We have office 2007 professional installed, some users are getting the following error when opening word 2007 Runtime Error code: 429, Active X component can't create object. When I re-create windows profile it's works fine, Is any workaround for this, or is any easy way to just re-create offcie 2007 profile ? ...

Merging 2 Companies into 1
Are there any guidelines or outline for what tables you need to look at to gather the various information you need in order to merge 2 companies together as well as issues to consider when undertaking such a project? It is a project and a half. I got approval from a major client yesterday to proceed with just this project. You literally need to look at all of them! I understand that MS Professional Services will do this project for you. In my case the client cannot be down and has too many 3rd party products for us to pass it off. When does your project need to be completed? -- Ri...

How do I use 2 sets of data in a chart
both sets of data are in the same workbook, but on two different worksheets. Hi, Have read of Jon's page http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html Cheers Andy Skeety wrote: > both sets of data are in the same workbook, but on two different worksheets. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

adding data from multiple spreadsheets into one chart
I need to put information from 4 different spreadsheets into one graph. Can someone please help me? Produce a graph from your first spreadsheet. Copy the relevant data range from the second spreadsheet, then select the graph and edit/ paste special/ new series or new data points. Similarly for the third and fourth sheets. If you have difficulties getting exactly what you want that way, you can use edit Source Data in the graph to add an extra series or to change the X or Y data range for an existing sreries. -- David Biddulph "Marjory" <Marjory@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

mail merge/merging 2 address lists...
Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different in each and some the same. Thank you. Robin Hi Robin (vicary@kconline.com.NOSPAM), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? || I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all || the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different || in each and some the same. No, you cannot. You nee...

Working with Excel charts in Word
I've copied an Excel chart (ie, one based on an Excel spreadsheet) into Word. It's a bar chart with a lot of white space in the upper half. I cannot resize it to get rid of the white space. I've tried resizing, but it doesn't work. Can someone help? I'm using Office 2003. Thanks, Suroor Is it the white space inside the border you're trying to remove? If so, while in Excel select the chart, right click->Format Chart Area, under Patterns tab-> Borders, select None, and click OK. Select and paste into Word. "suroora" wrote: > I&...

merge and compare
We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. Is there any hope??? jimired wrote: > We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. > > Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need > to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. > > Is there any hope??? Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/Zips/Compare.ZIP An add-in which compares two worksh...

Any way to shift data axes?
Helo all, I am having problems getting some data into the format I need. I'm wondering if this is even possible actually. I'm sure it is, but I'd prefer to keep things simple. Data is coming in from a linked Excel table in a format like the following MRC VEH 1 2 3 4 5 101 AAA 12 34 56 78 90 101 BBB 12 34 56 78 90 101 CCC 12 34 56 78 90 102 AAA 12 34 56 78 90 102 BBB 12 34 56 78 90 102 CCC 12 34 56 78 90 103 etc... MRC and VEH denote the cost centre and vehicle types. For those combinati...

How can I get bar codes w/ Excel & mail merge?
I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of money. Can you help? >-----Original Message----- >I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses >printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see >where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of >money. Can you help? >. > hi, I not entirely...

Word 2007 macros won't work in document saved from template
Hello Am I doing something wrong? I have macros disabled with notification turned on, this works fine in a dot file with macros: warning when opening the template, user clicks on enable macros and all is fine. When opening a document created from the template, the macros don't work: nor does the notification message appear, only a msgbox warning when a macro is triggered "macros in this project have been disabled, refer to online documentation or help etc etc etc" How do I get the macros in the "doc" file to work the same way as when it was created from t...

Merging worksheet into MS Word mail merge
I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Excel field that contains $ and commas separating the hundreds and thousands, the $ and the , do not show up in the merged letter. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem? -- Briggs Hi Instead of just referring to the cell e.g. A1 use =TEXT(A1,"[$$-409]#,##0.00") -- Regards Roger Govier "Briggs" <Briggs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F326201-A50F-45E5-9767-4C189ACA5529@microsoft.com... > I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Exc...

Error in Mail Merge when selecting Edit Individual Labels
We are noticing an interesting error when trying to perform a mail merge within CRM and Microsoft Word. We have created a view in contacts and we perform all the typical mail merge functionality using the Labels option. At the end, instead of printing the labels without any edits, we click on “Edit Individual labels” and we get the following error… C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are on CRM v4 Update Rollup 8 using Outlook 2007 and the CRM Outlook (Online only) client. Has an...

importing data using a macro #2
I'm trying to import ten sets of data in Excel. I click on import external data and then choose a file and press next. I add a space to separate the data into two columns and then press finish. I was wondering if it would be possible to use a macro to import the data. Possibly import the first one and then have the macro import the next 9 in succession. The files I import are always in succession, but always have slightly different names. For example, the data I collect today will be saved as 718cr1, 718cr2, 718cr3, etc. The last number represents the trial number and the fir...

Transfer data from XML to Stream?
Hi all, I have a COM component that receives XML documents from MSMQ. Before I process the final documents and pass it to my application, I want to modify the format a bit, as in create a name/value pair structure from an element structure or rename certain fields. I'm using XmlTextReader to read over the original doc and I'm using XmlTextWriter to create a new XML file that I essentially need to load up again into an XMLDocument object. I'd rather write the modified XML to a stream local to my running instance of the COM component rather than create another physical file then ...

Whats the formula to look at data in precentages in fixed periods
how do I calculate a continous percentage return of two data points at fixed intervals? example : data set={12,50,03,59,22,....} , fixed interval=2periods. [(12-03)/12], [(50-59)/50], [(03-22)/03],....I'd like to do this in Excel 03 "donald" wrote: > how do I calculate a continous percentage return > of two data points at fixed intervals? > example : data set={12,50,03,59,22,....} , > fixed interval=2periods. > [(12-03)/12], [(50-59)/50], [(03-22)/03], Assuming data is in A2 down: 12,50,3,59,22,... In B2: =(A2-A4)/A2 B2 formatted as percentage, then copi...

Editing in Print Preview in Word 2010
Is it possible to edit a file after clicking File, Print, in Word 2010 while you are still in Print Preview or is the only way to edit to click one of the tabs to return to the editing screen? Arlene I haven't used Word 2010 myself (yet), but I'm told that Print Preview is no longer editable in that version. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Arlene" <Arlene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E0E367E-D3C3-4279-A128-BA2927812FCF@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to edit a file after clicking File, Print, in Word 2010 > wh...

how to split data in a range to many ranges
I have data in a range, like 1,2,3,4,5. I want to split each of them to five different ranges. How to do it. thanks. -- Paul Data|Text to columns Delimited by commas Looks like it should work. Paul wrote: > > I have data in a range, like 1,2,3,4,5. > I want to split each of them to five different ranges. > How to do it. thanks. > > -- > Paul -- Dave Peterson Thank you, Dave. I made it. "Dave Peterson" <ec35720@netscapeXSPAM.com> ???????:421882CD.22F31915@netscapeXSPAM.com... > Data|Text to columns > Delimited by commas > > Looks...