Memo field in cross tab query

Am using Access 2007. I'm linking to a "View" in SQL Server 2005. I want to
create a crosstab query based on that view, however some of the fields in the
view table are Memo and will not show up as options in the cross tab query
wizard.

Is there a work around for this?

Thanks! Your help is very much appreciated!

access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You could use a select query that has calculated field to pull the left 255
character of the memo field.
--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

"Anne721" wrote:

> Am using Access 2007. I'm linking to a "View" in SQL Server 2005. I want to
> create a crosstab query based on that view, however some of the fields in the
> view table are Memo and will not show up as options in the cross tab query
> wizard.
>
> Is there a work around for this?
>
> Thanks! Your help is very much appreciated!

I am assuming that you are not trying to use the memo for anything other
than a Row Heading.  That being the case, do the crosstab without the memo
field and then join the crosstab query back to the table to pick up the memo
field.

"Anne721" <Anne721@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Am using Access 2007. I'm linking to a "View" in SQL Server 2005. I want
> create a crosstab query based on that view, however some of the fields in
> the
> view table are Memo and will not show up as options in the cross tab query
> wizard.
>
> Is there a work around for this?
>
> Thanks! Your help is very much appreciated!

0
Pat

Memos disappear
I am using MS Money 2006. When I download new transactions from my bank and import them there is usually some information contained in the memo box. I have been using MS Money for years and have never seen this happen until today. The new transactions had information in the memo section, then it suddenly disappeared. It was also gone from all other transactions that were still bold. Luckily I was able to get almost every thing back from a back up. Any idea what happened and how I can prevent this in the future? ...

How do I sort by calculated field
relationship = one buyer to many purchases. Report is summary of buyer purchases. Number of purchases and total purchased. The number of purchases is calculated "=Count([Lot Info]![Lot No])" , the total purchase is calculated "=Sum([Price])" How can I make the report sort by descending total purchases? By descending total lots? To get the information to report one total line sorting and grouping is set to group by buyer number, group ascending. group on each value, interval =1, keep together = whole group. Presumably the sum of price is in a group footer, so...

Variable Accros Queries
If I wish to use a variable across mutliple queries, is this possible, and if so where would I declare and set the variable? You can't use variables in queries. Are you thinking in terms of selection criteria (i.e. parameters), and you don't want to have to input the same parameters multiple times, or do you want the value stored in a variable to be returned by the query? For the former, the easiest approach is to create an unbound form with controls on it, one for each parameter. Have the query refer to the controls (the syntax is Forms![NameOfForm]![NameOfControl]), rather...

Update A Field From Another Field
Hi All, I was wondering if anyone can help me on this one. It's probably simple, but I'm stuck!! I have a Table which fills in data from a form with the following field: ReservationNo ReservationName Surname1 Name1 Surname2 Name 2 Sometimes I don't have the names, so fields Name1 and Name 2 are left blank until I check in the guests using the RESPEL form with the following fields RservationNo ReservationName Surname Name Now the ResevationNo and ReservationName have identical data since they are autofilled. What I want to do is if the ReservationNo and the S...

add spell checker for comment and description fields
a client has asked if GP could have a spell checker, particularly for comment and description fields ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f369f3e0-f5c0-4e10-a403...

Using a Yes/No field to trigger a calculation in another field
> I have a billing form that was created from a query based on the table that all > these fields are from. In this billing query is where all these calculations > are happening so they can be displayed on the billing form. > > TotalTuitions is a field that exists in my main table and it is calculated > in the billing query by adding (4) other tuition type fields. > > MultiClassDisc is a field in my main table and is in the billing query. > > MultiClassTrigger is a field in my main table that works from a Yes/No combo > box. This will also...

Tab Pages Visible only when certain criteria met
I have a database and have set it up so that I have 6 tab pages. The first contains general information and always needs to be visible. I have radio buttons set which have the same headings as the tab pages and I want to click the radio button and make the tab page visible. Example: General Data is open but radio button 2 is checked, this record should now show the General Data page and page 2. Any help would be very much appreciated. Private Sub Frame5_AfterUpdate() Dim lngLoop As Long For lngLoop = 0 To (Me.TabCtl0.Pages.Count - 1) Me.TabCtl0.Pages(lngLoop).Visible = Fa...

memo
I am trying to make some "From the desk of" memo pads that I can run off for teacher gifts. Any ideas how to make 4 to a page portrait size? A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from apesgreat66 <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I am trying to make some "From the desk of" memo pads that I can run > off for teacher gifts. Any ideas how to make 4 to a page portrait > size? Set the Page Size in Page Setup to Custom, and set that to the size you want the pads to be. Use the Advanced Print Settings or Multiple Cop...

Update fields with blanks
Below is the code I am working with in Access. Basically, I am appending fields from one table to another. Once I run this, the field “Change” comes up with some values. I want to, somehow, make the values of the field “Change” blank. How can I code it in my statement below? INSERT INTO Quarter3_Table ( ID, Change, [Last Name], Name, Office, Sex, [Officer Title], [HR Department], [Asset Class], Style, Product, [HR Functional Title], Function, [Research(F_OR_Q)], [2nd Func/Dept], [Date Joined Delaware], [Date Joined Industry], [Date Left Delaware], MBA, School, [Year Graduated], [Other...

Update Query
I have three tables: tblVendors, tblForecast and tblTemp tblTemp VENDOR_NAME, SERVICESUITE_NAME, Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, REGION_NAME tblForecast VENDOR_ID, FHIST, SERVICESUITE_ID, REGION_NAME, Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4 tblVendors VENDOR_ID, VENDOR_NAME, VENDOR_DESC, REGION_NAME I am trying to populate (append) records into the tblForecast from tblTemp by matching VENDOR_NAME in tblVendors with the VENDOR_NAME in tblTemp. If a match occurs I want to write the entire tblTemp record to the tblForecast and add the VENDOR_ID from tblVendors to tblForecast. PK in tblVendors = [VENDOR_ID] PKin tblForecast =...

Tabs on form disappear
Hi, I have an Access 2002 form with a tab control. Because there is quite a lot of data on the form, the tabs always end up disappearing when the form is opened as it automatically scrolls down into the form. Any advice on how to open the form at the top, with the tabs showing would be appreciated. Thanks Richard When the form opens, focus always goes to the first control in the tab order of the Detail section - if your Tab Control is in the form header that would cause the problem or if the first contol in the tab order is below it. Change the tab order of your controls and see...

How do I remove all records of duplicated fields?
I am using excel 2002. I have a row of data, with some duplicated records. I want to be able to delete ALL duplicates. e.g. bob bob scott john would delete all record of bob leaving just the following: scott john How can I achieve this? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks -- nozzaworld The Common and known options is to use Advanced Filter to filter "Uniques Only". Micky "nozzaworld" wrote: > I am using excel 2002. I have a row of data, with some duplicated records. I > want to be able to delete ALL duplicates....

Parameter Query For Selected Dates or All Dates
Hi Folks - I'm having a senior moment. I have a query with a date field. I want to use Between [Start Date] and [End Date] to choose a date range, but if the user leaves the parameters blank, I want all records returned. I was able to do this when I passed a form control to the query, but I can't figure out how to do it within the criteria row of the query. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. -- Michael On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 17:02:00 -0500, Michael wrote: > Hi Folks - I'm having a senior moment. I have a query with a date field. I > want to use Between [Start Da...

Memo Type issues
Hi All, I have a feild set as memo type. It is only allowing 255 character. Why is it limiting my data to this I thought it would allow 64,000+ -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200708/1 Allen Browne's tutorial will probably explain it! http://allenbrowne.com/ser-63.html mattc66 wrote: >Hi All, > >I have a feild set as memo type. It is only allowing 255 character. Why is it >limiting my data to this I thought it would allow 64,000+ > -- There's ALWAYS mor...

Increase distribution reference field to at least 50 characters.
My client uses the distribution reference field which appear to be very long but only allows 30 characters. They would great appreciate having the field be at least 50 characters long. -- Thanks a lot, Julie London Technology Management Concepts (TMC) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "...

From field not auto-filling
The From field on Outlook used to always auto-fill with my email address, but for some reason it no longer does. Recepients seem to be getting it, but it does not appear when I start a New or Reply message. You asked the same question yesterday and got multiple replies; have you read those answers already? Long story short; there is no need to manually specify the From field for each message. It is only needed when you want to send as/on behalf of somebody else. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Out...

Credit memo not appearing in Sales Statement
Hi, Im using the RM Statement on blank paper but when printing the document out, the credit memo amount won't show. It'll only show the the document no. In the report writter, i pull out 2 column for debit amount and credit amount. Please help. Thanks in advance!! ...

Field Based Security
hi all, can this be done? Define security/access based on field(s), say Account Type of Account. When Account Type is anything but "TypeA", all users of the system have full access, however when Account Type is changed to "TypeA", only certain group(s) of people can see the accounts Appreciate any input You are basing security/access on a field's value, not talking about true field level security (i.e. access to individual fields within an entity/form based on a security role, specific user or Team). In this case, I think "Sharing" of accounts will w...

How do you get rid of a lookup field
I'm trying to fix a database that someone else created. Although I have quite a bit of Access experience, I'm stuck! Basically, one of the tables has a field set up as a Lookup Column. I want to change it to just a plain old text with the Lookup's associated values (as opposed to the stored id number) as the actual value. I've tried creating a new field and running an update query to set the new values, but no matter what I do I get the stored number instead of the real value. There's already a LOT of data in this table, otherwise I would just retype the v...

Business Required Fields
Hi, Is there any way of writing an event to bypass business required field validation? i.e. dynamically change it from mandatory to none? Please advise. Thanks. hey i have seen a statement which can change the required fields dynamically. Will get bak tou on that ASAP. geoffreyjoei@hcl.in Hi, use: crmForm.SetFieldReqLevel( <fieldname>, 1 ); and: crmForm.SetFieldReqLevel( <fieldname>, 0 ); 1 = mandatory, 0 = normal "JM" <someone@example.com> wrote in message news:5571AAD3-98D5-4547-A51B-434BB30883F3@microsoft.com... > Hi, > Is there any way of ...

Adding a second Manager field to the User record
We have personnel that report to more than one boss. Is it possible to create a second "Manager" field on the User record that performs just like the original Manager field through the standard Customization interface? Hi Robin, It seems like it's possible to make such customization with CRM "internal" instruments. You just have to go to customization area in CRM and open the User entity. The attribute name of Manager field is parentsystemuserid, and you can create similar attribute with lookup type and give it a name something like second manager. Then do the ma...

an email sent doesn't show up on the activities tab
sometimes when i send an email addressed to someone in my address book and then I go to their contact file and click on activites, sometimes it shows up and sometimes it doesn't. Why doesn't it show up every time and can I manually import it to the activities tab so I can reference it later. I want to have a chronological list of ALL emails I send. Also I would like to know why it doesn't show up. ...

Memo Field 04-20-07
my memo field will not allow characters past 257 characters when typing in data from a form, why won't it? Are you sure you defined the field as memo, and not text with a limit of 255 characters? Mich "accessdesigner" <accessdesigner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:497B46D1-2D36-4520-B3B6-82C199F80AF4@microsoft.com... > my memo field will not allow characters past 257 characters when typing in > data from a form, why won't it? 1. Are you really, really sure that it's a memo field and not a text field? I had to ask. 2. Is there some s...

Company is a Required Field?
How do I make the Company field not required on the Leads entity? Right now while I'm customizing the Leads entity I've tried to remove it, however the error states it is required on a Business level. How can that be requirement be lifted? Thanks! Change the Requirment Level from Business Required to Business Recommended or No Contstraint. You can find this under Customizations, Lead, Attributes, and then open the attribute. "Luke Davis" wrote: > How do I make the Company field not required on the Leads entity? Right > now while I'm customizing t...

check box fields that correlate to data fields
Hello, Following the advice from Karl Dewey: how does one correlate data fields to check boxes; so that report knows to pull from only checked data fields? Thanks, LA -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Can you provide some useful context to your question? How about some requirements or specs? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm "misschanda via AccessMonster.com" wrote: > Hello, > Following the advice from Karl Dewey: how does one correlate data fields...