mdb format and Access 2007

I opened my FE mdb database (2000-2003) using Access 2007.   Tried to make a
form with buttons that open other forms.   The buttons to not run.    I did
the same test with the mdb converted to accdb format and the buttons do open
forms as expected.  Any idea why I loose some design change abilities while
using the .mdb format in Access 2007?   I'm not ready to convert the database
to .accdb yet and would like to continue use of the .mdb for a while longer.
--
FL
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Is the MDB file in the same folder as the ACCDB file? If not, is the folder
where the MDB file is set up as a Trusted Location?

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

"FL" <FL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I opened my FE mdb database (2000-2003) using Access 2007.   Tried to make
> form with buttons that open other forms.   The buttons to not run.    I
> did
> the same test with the mdb converted to accdb format and the buttons do
> open
> forms as expected.  Any idea why I loose some design change abilities
> while
> using the .mdb format in Access 2007?   I'm not ready to convert the
> database
> to .accdb yet and would like to continue use of the .mdb for a while
> longer.
> --
> FL

0
Douglas
5/21/2010 6:11:55 PM
Douglas,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I have the converted accdb in the same folder but renamed the file.
Is this still a problem?   I'll create and move the accdb to another
location.    Also, how do I verify and set up the Trusted location?

Thanks

--
FL

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> Is the MDB file in the same folder as the ACCDB file? If not, is the folder
> where the MDB file is set up as a Trusted Location?
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>
> "FL" <FL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I opened my FE mdb database (2000-2003) using Access 2007.   Tried to make
> > form with buttons that open other forms.   The buttons to not run.    I
> > did
> > the same test with the mdb converted to accdb format and the buttons do
> > open
> > forms as expected.  Any idea why I loose some design change abilities
> > while
> > using the .mdb format in Access 2007?   I'm not ready to convert the
> > database
> > to .accdb yet and would like to continue use of the .mdb for a while
> > longer.
> > --
> > FL
>

> .

The name shouldn't matter, just the folder location.

To trust your folder, click:

  a.. Office Button (top left)
  b.. Access Options (bottom of dialog)
  c.. Trust Center (left)
  d.. Trust Center Settings (button)
  e.. Trusted Locations (left)
  f.. Add new location (button)

--

> Douglas,
>
> Thank you for the reply.
>
> Yes, I have the converted accdb in the same folder but renamed the file.
> Is this still a problem?   I'll create and move the accdb to another
> location.    Also, how do I verify and set up the Trusted location?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> FL
>

> "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
>
>> Is the MDB file in the same folder as the ACCDB file? If not, is the
>> folder
>> where the MDB file is set up as a Trusted Location?
>>
>> --
>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>> http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele
>> (no e-mails, please!)
>>
>> "FL" <FL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I opened my FE mdb database (2000-2003) using Access 2007.   Tried to
>> >make
>> > form with buttons that open other forms.   The buttons to not run.    I
>> > did
>> > the same test with the mdb converted to accdb format and the buttons do
>> > open
>> > forms as expected.  Any idea why I loose some design change abilities
>> > while
>> > using the .mdb format in Access 2007?   I'm not ready to convert the
>> > database
>> > to .accdb yet and would like to continue use of the .mdb for a while
>> > longer.
>> > --
>> > FL
>>

>> .

0
Douglas

CRM 4.0 Toolbar not showing in Outlook 2007
When I open Outlook 2007, the CRM toolbar goes thru its usual startup process, but then disappears. I have run the CRM Configuration Wizard and re-booted, but no luck. Help? Is the user that's logged into Outlook an enabled user in CRM? Please run Start - Programs - Microsoft Dynamics 4.0 - Diagnostics Let it run through and fix errors or read log if something is not fixed by system. It works very well. Jukka Majander "Andy" wrote: > Is the user that's logged into Outlook an enabled user in CRM? > > ...

Text formatting in cells #2
I am designing a form in Excel 2000. Occasionally, in a cell I am getting what appears to be a blank line immediately above the first line of text. I have tried changing alignment & cell format etc, but it still appears every so often & I would like to prevent this. Any help would be appreciated -- HP63 You get one rowheight per row. If the cell in Column A needs a large rowheight and the cell in column B (in the same row) needs just a little height (and you have the cell formatted to be bottom aligned), it could look this way. If that's not the case, have you reset the heig...

Accessing Outlook from another computer
This may sound like a silly question but I was just wondering if I can access my contacts and calender from another computer? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, thank you so much and God Bless Yes. Just set the .pst file location to one computer and point Outlook to that file from any/all computers. You will only be able to use Outlook on one machine at a time as it requires exclusive access to the .pst file. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Kim <anonymous@dis...

Formating syntax
I have a formula : ="Lost profits are "&ROUND(G24,0) What the syntax to format the cell reference (G24) as a currency with zero decimals? Thanks in advance Bdavis, try - ="Lost profits are "&TEXT(ROUND(G24,0),"$#,##0.00") regards, JohnI "Bdavis" <bdavis@alixpartners.com> wrote in message news:05b301c36e80$8f031900$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a formula : > > ="Lost profits are "&ROUND(G24,0) > > What the syntax to format the cell reference (G24) as a > currency with zero decimals? > > Thanks ...

Problem mail merging form Outlook 2007
Hi I am trying to mail merge an html document using outlook contacts. Problem is Outlook 2007 seems to mess up my html and adds a lot of html code presumably due to using word 2007 during mail merge. The mail shot then appears with unwanted attachments on the other side. Is there any way to avoid this? Thanks Regards you should not get attachments - what are they called? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlo...

Is there a quick reference guide for excel 2003 -2007
I think I have seen one somewhere but can't find it. Is there is a reference guide showing how to find find things in excel 2007 that are not in the same place as they are in 2003? you can give this a try http://www.officelabs.com/ribbonhero of download this xls workbook http://office.microsoft.com/download/afile.aspx?AssetID=AM101864291033 -- Gary Keramidas Office 2010 "Noella" <Noella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45DF2F13-504E-45CD-8FB7-39433847656F@microsoft.com... >I think I have seen one somewhere but can't fi...

Date format in Great Plains
We have a client who is looking for an alternative way to change the User Date format in Great Plains. We understand that the date settings from within Great Plains come from the regional settings on the workstation. However, this client has an internal restriction that prevents them from changing the regional setting and they require the Great Plains user date to be different to what the regional settings are setup as. (e.g. Regional setting is MM/DD/YYYY but require Great Plains to be DD/MM/YYYY) ...

where can i store my personal templates and have access from excel
I have office 2010 beta installed and am having trouble finding a location to store my personal templates to and have access from all my office 2010 programs ...

"Launch 2007" a legal license?
I ordered a number of Office 2007 Pro licenses from an authorized MS reseller that I found on the MS website and that I have never had problems with before. This time I received a single "Master Install Media" disk which looks authentic, and a number of "Launch 2007 Resource Kit" folders, each with a MS serial number. When I Google "Launch 2007 Resource Kit" the results seem to indicate that these are give-aways at MS event. Did I just get ripped off? W "Willem" <Willem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A20C242...

LoadLibrary() Fails (@err 998:invalid Memeory Access)
hi all , i am getting this Problem i am Unable to Load the DLL/ACM, the Problem with this (DLL /ACM ) is its a C code but this DLL using the C++ library i written a wrapper for C++ library and Used this now, its Linking Correctly....and Created the (DLL/ACM), but when i try to load this (DLL/ACM) i am getting a LoadLibrary() is failing and flagging Error 998 (invalid memory access) so please help me out its very Urgent thanks in advance. It would help a lot if you showed the code, and told us, at the point where the error occurred, what the ACTUAL parameters are. At that point, the problem w...

date formating
hi I am using the date formula for a series of dates, but when it changes the year I get #num! That happens only on that one sheet, so I think is the way those cells are formated. Any suggestions about what may be the problem? Thanks. Formatting has nothing to do with errors. The #NUM! error indicates that one or more of the arguments to the date function is invalid. In article <4E3B4159-EF2E-41BF-941D-F8513D11944A@microsoft.com>, "Neda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hi, > I am using the date formula for a series of dates, but when it changes...

XP Theme and MDB support
I m using Visual C++ 6.0, doing Project for my Comp Sc/College. I m unable to make controls and background adopt the XP theme.... Please tell me how to in dialog based MFC wizard (preferably). Another is, the simplest way to make and include .mdb file (access database) support in the VC project. Thank you in advance.... Awaiting Answers. :) mysterious wrote: > I m using Visual C++ 6.0, doing Project for my Comp Sc/College. I m > unable to make controls and background adopt the XP theme.... Please > tell me how to in dialog based MFC wizard (preferably). > Another is, the simplest...

Conditional formatting and then counting specifics within it.
I have a work book that can have up to 100 sheets within it. An example of a sheet is:- Col B Col F Col N Col AM Col AN Col AO Col AP Test 1 12/03/03 1 01/01/03 31/03/03 01/01/02 31/03/02 Test 2 01/01/03 5 01/04/03 31/08/03 01/04/02 31/08/02 Test 3 01/09/03 2 01/09/03 31/12/03 01/09/02 31/12/02 Test 4 12/12/03 2 Test 5 14/04/03 3 Test 6 12/03/03 1 Column B hold a name. Column F holds a date of birth. Column N hold a number in the range 1 to 5. Columns AM to AP are start and end dates for current year and previous year for specific periods in the format dd/mm/yy. I have used 3 Conditiona...

Access XP >> 2000 >> 97
I have on my machine Acc2003, AccXP, Acc2000 and Acc97. Each customer and its needs... I have written a small application in Acc2000 and it was also opened with AccXP (Acc2000 File format) Then I realised my customer had only Acc97. I did the conversion from AccXP AND from Acc2000 and every time I try to open a form in Acc97 I get a crash message and Access closes. Is there a way to convert it to prior Access version that works? -- (�`�.��.���`�.��.->YmK<-.��.���`�.��.���) Yaacov Klapisch VB/Access Programmer - System Admin. y@klapisch.net If you have ADO code in your 2000 app, it ...

How to disable mobile access for all users, then enable it one by
Hello, Anyone know how to disable mobile access for all users in Exchange 2k3 SP1, Window 2k3, then we will enable users one by one per approval. I tried Admodify 2.0, however, I cannot find any mobile access option. TIA. Not sure how to disable them all at once but I do know how to disable per user. Using ESM if you can run the Exchange Tasks on each mailbox to either disable or Enable Remote Access "EX Admin" <EXAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:039FD851-48BA-4BC9-9223-C625607022BD@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Anyone know how to disab...

Unable to format data
I have a file that was exported from Access and the number columns I am unable to edit. I have tried copying and pasting into a new workbook. I have tried copying and pasting values and just text and have had no luck. Any problems that anyone knows about that might help me in this situation? Thanks, Debbie check the format of the columns "DBarker" <DBarker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1153001c3f59f$4767b550$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have a file that was exported from Access and the > number columns I am unable to edit. I have tried copying &...

Margins format
hi, i have a document in 2007 where users pasted different pieces including Excel tables. How do i bring them all to a single margin format as some pages are wider than the others? i tried the format brush tool but it did not work Thank you , -- ______ Regards, Greg In Page Setup, you can set the margins for "Whole document," which will take care of the margins even if the document contains more than one section. It will not, however, affect the width of existing tables. What you'll need to do for those is to set the table width (Table tab of Table Prop...

Excel 2007 format cells to date format
Hi got a problem with excel. everytime I open a file the cells are formated in a date format and I have to reformat them. Any suggestions to solve that thanks -- Stefan ...

Microsoft Outlook 2003 and 2007
I'm changing computers and i want to move my personal folders to the new pc. How can i accomplish this task? Microsoft Outlook 2003 and 2007. You don't mention if both machines are connected to your home/personal network, but I have found copying the PST file(s) to a common removable/network drive share the best way. Once you get the PST file(s) moved over to the new machine on one of its local drives, just create a new mail profile on the new machine and use your old data file. "LNNO" <LNNO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB4089CD-B...

Trouble closing access 97.
Hi, I know it's an old version of Access, but it doesn't seem to quit properly when exiting our database application (an accounting package). We have to go to the task manager and kill Access 97. (Trying to shut it down doesn't work) Any clues? TIA, JG See whether what's in http://www.mvps.org/access/bugs/bugs0005.htm at "The Access Web" is relevant. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "merlin2049er" <merlin2049er@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B282917-BF22-4C3D-B098-BE998D93...

I need at least 5 colors formatting!
Ok guys thanks so much but I have tried Conditional Formatting, its fine only if it�s for 3 levels formatting but actually I need at least 5 colors formatting! What to do?? Any suggestion? Thanks, ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It would have been helpful to all if you had mentioned that to start with. You will need code. Details would be helpful. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "saud" <saud.xi48m@excelforum-nospam.co...

Conditional formatting #41
I have 2 columns of data which are linked to other sheets. the first o these can either contain Text or numbers. i would like to have exce only display the values above 0 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select column A, go to Format > Conditional Formatting, Formula Is, and insert: =OR(ISTEXT($A1),$A1<=0) and format the font as white. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have 2 columns of data which are linked to other sheets. the first of >these can either contain Text or numbers. i would like to have excel >only display the values ...

Help OL 2007
Does any know how to delete appointments in OL 2007 without having to send an update? Some appointments I can delete with the option of not sending an update, and other's I can't - I can only choose to either send an update or cancel the deletion. Doesn't seem to be any consistency on which appointments can't be deleted without sending updates. I've resorted to deleting the offending appointments on my cell phone then synchronizing - which works but it kind of a wank. OL 2007 on Vista Pro. What are the differences between the ones you can delete and the ones yo...

Excel's financial currency format vs. Access currency format
Who can shine a light on this? In forms and reports I woul like to show currency according the Excel Financial format that is: the currency symbol should be left aligned and the digits right aligned. E.g. €12.345,60 should be displayed as € 12.345,60 depending on the width of the field. Thanks for your suggestions/tips,Ron ...

CSV format?
I have been forewarned that I will be working on creating an Excel spreadsheet in a CSV format. Can someone explain to me what that it? I am having a problem finding it in Excel's Help. Thanks a bunch! Teri. Hi CSV stands for Comma Separated Values. This means that when the file is saved, all formatting and formulas will be lost - it will just be plain text. The file can be opened with a text editor, Excel, Access and numerous other applications. Hope this helps. Andy. "Teri" <Teri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2729370-33E3-4F52-BEF2-F9358B...