Maximum Open Rows read only? - 18777

Hi,

Is there a way to se "Maximum Open Rows" so I can set CacheSize of a
recordset? Now it is 1 and Acess says it is Read Only.

Thanks.

0
muster
10/23/2007 3:29:09 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Why would someone get a read receipt if it wasn't set
Outlook 2000 Windows 2k Someone got a message with a read-receipt and it wasn't set up for that. It happened on two internal messages. Are you using Exchange with Outlook? If yes, the default behavior of Outlook 2000 with Exchange is to send a read receipt. The option is normally greyed out so the user cannot change it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Crimson asked: | Outlook 2000 | Windows 2k | | Someon...

Autofit Row & Merged Cells
Is this just me or is it a common problem: I have some text in a cell. The cell is merged along a row with the adjacent cells, I have put word wrap on. Now Autofit Row doesn't work and only shows the first line of text. Is there anything I can do, apart for manually adjust the row height? Regards Take a look at this macro by Jim Rech: http://google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05 If you need help getting started with macros, look at David McRitchie's Getting Started with Macros page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm In article...

Conditional formatting
Is there a way to use conditional formatting so that if the contents of a single cell changes, then the entire row in that table will change a color. I know it can be applied to the cell, but can it be applied to the entire row? Thanks. Select row 1 as an example. Format>CF>Formula is: =$A$1="OK" Note the $ signs. If you want to copy this to other rows, make it $A1 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 13:28:13 -0700 (PDT), Dave K <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to use conditional formatting so that if the contents >of a single cel...

Delete 'non-blank' rows...
Hi. I've pasted data into my worksheet that leaves every other row empty. I need to delete the empty rows but sorting messes up the order, GoTo/Special/Blank won't work and neither will several DeleteEmptyRow macros I've tried. I applied the ISBLANK function to the empty rows and it returned a FALSE value so something unseen is in those rows. No matter, I still need to delete them. Any ideas? Thanks, silas Use autofilter, filter blanks and delete all the rows that get displayed. On Apr 11, 10:03 pm, "silas" <silas.NOSPAMprop...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi...

Return Maximum value
Hi Looking to find a formula that will calculate a maximum bid figure from an array. Example data. Products Bidder Amount Product 1 John �50 Product 2 David �50 Product 1 William �55 Product 1 Jill �45 Product 3 Tom �60 Product 3 Gwen �30 So when I put s table together of all Product I get the highest bidders for each e.g. Products Bidder Amount Product 1 William �55 Product 2 David �50 Product 3 Tom �60 Any ideas? Thanks 1)List your products from E1:E3 2)Put this formula in Cell D1: =MAX(IF($A...

MsMpEng.exe slowing down the opening of folders
Hi, I recently reinstalled the OS on my 2005 Compaq from their disk set for making the laptop look like it just came out of the box. I had previously downloaded the install package for microsoft security essentials, and before going online, I used the Norton removal package to remove all traces of that, then installed MSE, then went online. The system has generally worked well since then. Occasionally, a folder is very slow to display its contents after a reboot. Looking at the task manager process list, I see MsMpEng.exe has a high CPU usage. Googleing MsMpEng.exe return...

Won't read or see install disc?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC I am trying to install 2008 and the disc will not appear on desktop or in Finder. The disc loads fine on other Macs here at home and this Mac is reading other CDs &amp; DVDs fine. Any ideas why it simply won't see it? ...

outlook is default but express opens links
Hi, I have outlook 2003 it is set as my default mail, it works fine except for when I'm on a site that has a hyperlink to an email address. When I click the link Outlook express opens instead of Outlook. How can I fix this problem....I've look in tools in both outlook and outlook express and it all seems to be correct. WHat am I doing wrong. Thanks for your help! What operating system are your running? Open My Computer Select Tools | Folder Options | File Types Scroll through the list and select the entry for URL:MailTo Protocol Select Advanced | Edit The data in the...

when i print maximum pages is 99 how do i increase?
I have reports which I print 250 pages of the same item but even though I put in the amount 250 the maximum it prints is 99 so to get what I want I have to do (99, 99, and the 52 to get the 250) and its only recently started doing this - my company upgraded its server. On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 10:17:00 -0800, qwcqualityinspector <qwcqualityinspector@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have reports which I print 250 pages of the same item but even though I put >in the amount 250 the maximum it prints is 99 so to get what I want I have to >do (99, 99, and the 52 to get the 250)...

Cannot Start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window.
There are two erros that I am continually receiving when attempting to configure a new user in Outlook 2007 1. I get the Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. A) this is resolved by the resetting the nav pane the second error is 2. Failed to register a VB Script DLL. Reinstall or run Regsvr32.exe VBscript.dll to self register. An error occurred while creating a form. After running "Regsvr32.exe VBScript.dll" I am looped back to the first error. I have ran "msiexec /i <product guid>.msi ADDLOCAL=Outlook VBScript /qb" and ...

Publisher will not open #2
Hello there when I go to open ms publisher 98 it says windows low on memory and close some programs and try again!! I have 256 meg ram and 20 gig hard drive that isnt the problem I do not think ?? please help Anthony Anthony Farmer wrote: > Hello there when I go to open ms publisher 98 it says > windows low on memory and close some programs and try > again!! I have 256 meg ram and 20 gig hard drive that > isnt the problem I do not think ?? please help > Anthony ==================================== Below is a copy of a message and a reply that I have saved in my files. I don...

Outlook 2007 starts to open, then disappears. No error messages.
Outlook 2007 starts to open, then disappears. No error messages. I recently did some "clean up" things using Glary Utilities, like registry cleaner, duplicate file remover, registry defrag, C drive defrag. I have 4 email addresses coming into Outlook. 3 are POP, one is exchange. My other Office programs are working fine. It is strange that there isn't an error message. I have done an Office diagnostics and Windows update. -- Thanks so much! You don't say what O/S you're using but first verify that Outlook is not running in the Task Manager, check ...

XML reading issue

i cant open a file for editing?
when i open a file, i cant edit? If this is a question, you have provided very little detail to assist with helping you. What prevents you from editing? What is the error message you get? Is the sheet protected with cells locked? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 07:49:02 -0800, caroline <caroline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >when i open a file, i cant edit? ...

Apps take a very long time to open
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Hi It seems the the new office takes forever to open. Is there a secret to speed it up. Also PowerPoint crashes all the time....please advise Before any suggestions can be made you need to specify your exact current update levels of both Office & OS X. Some idea of your Mac's specs would also be useful. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 6/13/09 1:52 PM, in article 59b76786.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "jifca@officeformac.com" <jifca@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 &...

"Explorer /select" to select file in already-opened window
Hi, I need to programatically select/highlight a file in Windows Explorer. "Explorer /select,x:\path\to\file" works if the folder window is NOT already open, but it has no effect if the folder window is already open. I would rather not use /n to open yet another new Explorer window of the same folder. Is it possible to select a file regardless of whether the folder window is already open? Is there a Windows API for it? Thanks. ...

Reading / Writing XML To / From object model (without XMLDocument?
Hello, My program is being sent a large XML file, anywhere between 500k - 1MB. Of the entire file, I need to allow a user to view/edit approximately 5% of it. To make matters a bit more complicated, there are occasions where the program needs to load up around 5 instances of these documents. I'm trying to find the most efficient and non-complicated way to do this. My initial idea was to load the XML file into a DOM and get/set the element values via a dom. This is trivial to do, however the problem with this is each 500k instance of this document consumes ~3MB of memory. I s...

Row Height in Ledger Sheet

Unable to add/delete row
My workbook has several sheets. One of them doesn't allow me to add or delete rows. This means when I right-click on a row, the "insert", "delete", "clear content" is grey out. This only happens to this sheet, as the other ones don't have such problem. I've been scratching my head.... The worksheet is unprotected. What can be wrong? Forgot to mention... I use excel 2007. I'm not able to use "insert" from ribbon either. It's grey out. I am, however, can modify contents of cells. ...

Read Only User Mailbox
How can I setup an existing users mailbox so that that user can't send internal/external email on my Exchange 2003 SP2 Server...? They should only be able to read/delete it. Thanks, Tom... I had this issue on one project a ways back and the only process that I came up with was to force ALL mail to go through an SMTP connector and block the user at that point. I'd be interested in any other method that would insure that NO mail got sent. Not sure if this will do what you want, but you could set their quota (prohibit send) down to 0 (or something very low). -GT "Tom K&quo...

Word does not open. Windows cannot find file
While using word on my computer I have been getting this message. Windows cannot find 'C: /Users/XXXXXX/Desktop/Folder name/Resume1.docx' (XXXXXX to protect name). Make sure you type the name correctly, and then try again. The only way I can get is to go into Word to open the file See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/reregisterword.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "RAYCCCC" <RAYCCCC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01D729BC-1FAE-4B84-8D66-E1D122E601D0@microsoft.com... > While using word on my computer I have been gett...

Root dir in open file dialog
Is it possible to set the root folder that is used in an open file dialog? If so, how would one go about specifying it? Just to be clear, I don't want to just set the initial dir. I want to set the root of the explorer tree to a particular folder so the user cannot select anything "above" that dir. Thanks Set the initial directory. Then set the flag that disables the ability of the user to change the directory. Unfortunately, this may be overkill. But right now it's all we've got. An alternative would be to create a subclass and implement the OnFolderChange handler, ...

Count text cells if condition in row is true, over many rows.
Using Excel 2003 - 84 columns, up to 250 rows. By groups of 3 adjacent columns, I want to put (in merged cell at top of each group of 3) a formula showing total of cells with text, IF a separate cell in column CM in each row has a particular value. So, there will be 28 totals (84/3) in top row. If CM2="E", CM3="S", CM4="E", CM5="E", CM6="S", etc, and using condition "E", the formula in merged D1 will count all text cells in columns D,E,F of rows 2,4,5,etc. The formula in merged G1 will count all text cells in columns...

Openning a pdf file
I recently received an E-Mail with a pdf file attachment. When I try to open it, I get a dialog box telling me "This file does not have a program associated with it. Create an Association in the Set Association Control Panel". I am using Microsoft Office 2007 Outlook and I do not see any "Set Association Control Panel". I do have Adobe Reader 9 installed but that does not seem to be the answer. Can I get some direction on this one? Many thanks! Gene L. On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 17:41:34 -0500, "Gene L." <elieve@tampabay.rr.com> wrote: &g...

Wrong Recording of Short Sell and Sell to Open transactions
I am using Money 2005 and have a problem that is driving me nuts. I downloaded investment transactions from Scottrade as a Direct Statement (reading this statement is itself horrendous, but that is for another day). My transactions include several Short Sell and Option Sell transactions. For some (many but not all) of these transactions, the Cash Account register shows the amount being deducted from the balance () instead of being added to the balance (Deposit column). That is, the amount shows up in the Payment column rather than the Deposit column. I spent several hours to re-enter the ...