match a subform field value to a field in a 2nd subform

I have a main form named user_Match.

It has three subform containers:
sub_BUSays with source object form named sub_match_BUSays
sub_RptSays with source object form named sub_match_ReportSays
sub_BTSays with source object form named sub_match_BTSays

sub_match_BUSays has a field called BU_BT_Portfolio_ID.
sub_match_ReportSays has a field called MRE_PortfolioID.
sub_match_BTSays has a field called BT_Portfolio_ID.

The portfolio id is a unique 10 digit number stored as a string.

I want to use the parent form to identify incorrect portfolio id's
in the BUSays and ReportSays subforms.

I would like to be able to doubleclick the portfolio id field
in any of the three subforms in order to display the record
with a matching portfolio id in the other two subforms.

However, I don't want to filter down to just that record.
Each subforms recordset needs to be available so I can search
or navigate to find the correct record in the case of no match
or an incorrect match.

The DoCmd.OpenForm with OnOpen Bookmark doesn't seem to work since
it will open separate instances of the subforms.

I have been try to adjust the code suggested by Wayne-I-M in
"how to select record in the subform and to show it in the main form"
which uses setfocus, findfirst, and bookmark within the initiating 
event to change the record on the parent.  But I can't seem to get
the references to the 2nd and 3rd subforms right when I try to modify it for
for this application.

With this code I get an error message that says:
"invalid method in an expression" but it doesn't tell me which
expression

Forms!user_Match!sub_RptSays.Form!MRE_ProjectID = _
Forms!user_Match!sub_BUsays.Form!BU_BT_Portfolio_ID
Forms!user_Match!sub_RptSays.Form.SetFocus

Set rst = Me("sub_RptSays").Form.RecordsetClone
rst.FindFirst "MRE_PortfolioID = " & _
Forms!user_Match!sub_BUsays.Form!BU_BT_Portfolio_ID
Me("sub_BUSays").Form.Bookmark = rst.Bookmark

If I use the referential syntax from 
http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0031.htm
so that the code looks like this:

Me!sub_RptSays.Form!MRE_ProjectID = Me.BU_BT_Portfolio_ID
Me!sub_RptSays.Form!MRE_ProjectID.SetFocus

Set rst = Me("sub_BUSays").Form.RecordsetClone
rst.FindFirst "sub_RptSays = " & Me.BU_BT_Portfolio_ID
Me("sub_BUSays").Form.Bookmark = rst.Bookmark


I get an error trap message that says it can't find the field
sub_RptSays

If I swap the container names for the actual names of the subforms
I get an error trap message that says it can't find the field
sub_match_ReportSays

I have tried adding square brackets and several other permutations
but nothing seems to work.

Does anyone have any ideas?  What am I doing wrong?
Thanks,

0
Utf
10/17/2007 5:22:15 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

4 Replies
786 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 45

If your respective Portfolio_ID fields are the first field in each subform, 
then this will work:

Dim intMatchID As Integer

'This will store the ID number you want to search for

'Replace <ID Name> with the match ID from the subform you are 
double-clicking in

intMatchID = Me.<ID Name>

'This will set the focus on each of the subforms 1st fields and then search 
for the
'ID number stored in intMatchID

'Replace <Parent Form> and <Subform x> with the name of the form all 3
'subforms are in, and the respective subforms you would like to search in

Forms!<Parent Form>.Form.<Subform 1>.SetFocus
DoCmd.FindRecord intMatchID, acEntire, , acSearchAll

Forms!<Parent Form>.Form.<Subform 2>.SetFocus
DoCmd.FindRecord intMatchID, acEntire, , acSearchAll

"owp^3" wrote:

> I have a main form named user_Match.
> 
> It has three subform containers:
> sub_BUSays with source object form named sub_match_BUSays
> sub_RptSays with source object form named sub_match_ReportSays
> sub_BTSays with source object form named sub_match_BTSays
> 
> sub_match_BUSays has a field called BU_BT_Portfolio_ID.
> sub_match_ReportSays has a field called MRE_PortfolioID.
> sub_match_BTSays has a field called BT_Portfolio_ID.
> 
> The portfolio id is a unique 10 digit number stored as a string.
> 
> I want to use the parent form to identify incorrect portfolio id's
> in the BUSays and ReportSays subforms.
> 
> I would like to be able to doubleclick the portfolio id field
> in any of the three subforms in order to display the record
> with a matching portfolio id in the other two subforms.
> 
> However, I don't want to filter down to just that record.
> Each subforms recordset needs to be available so I can search
> or navigate to find the correct record in the case of no match
> or an incorrect match.
> 
> The DoCmd.OpenForm with OnOpen Bookmark doesn't seem to work since
> it will open separate instances of the subforms.
> 
> I have been try to adjust the code suggested by Wayne-I-M in
> "how to select record in the subform and to show it in the main form"
> which uses setfocus, findfirst, and bookmark within the initiating 
> event to change the record on the parent.  But I can't seem to get
> the references to the 2nd and 3rd subforms right when I try to modify it for
> for this application.
> 
> With this code I get an error message that says:
> "invalid method in an expression" but it doesn't tell me which
> expression
> 
> Forms!user_Match!sub_RptSays.Form!MRE_ProjectID = _
> Forms!user_Match!sub_BUsays.Form!BU_BT_Portfolio_ID
> Forms!user_Match!sub_RptSays.Form.SetFocus
> 
> Set rst = Me("sub_RptSays").Form.RecordsetClone
> rst.FindFirst "MRE_PortfolioID = " & _
> Forms!user_Match!sub_BUsays.Form!BU_BT_Portfolio_ID
> Me("sub_BUSays").Form.Bookmark = rst.Bookmark
> 
> If I use the referential syntax from 
> http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0031.htm
> so that the code looks like this:
> 
> Me!sub_RptSays.Form!MRE_ProjectID = Me.BU_BT_Portfolio_ID
> Me!sub_RptSays.Form!MRE_ProjectID.SetFocus
> 
> Set rst = Me("sub_BUSays").Form.RecordsetClone
> rst.FindFirst "sub_RptSays = " & Me.BU_BT_Portfolio_ID
> Me("sub_BUSays").Form.Bookmark = rst.Bookmark
> 
> 
> I get an error trap message that says it can't find the field
> sub_RptSays
> 
> If I swap the container names for the actual names of the subforms
> I get an error trap message that says it can't find the field
> sub_match_ReportSays
> 
> I have tried adding square brackets and several other permutations
> but nothing seems to work.
> 
> Does anyone have any ideas?  What am I doing wrong?
> Thanks,
> 
0
Utf
10/18/2007 12:34:02 AM
The code I posted will also work if your respective ID fields are not the 
first fields in the tab order, but first you will need to click in the 
appropriate field to search through in each subform before your double-click 
(this will set the focus on the appropriate field)...there is probably some 
way to code in the setfocus for that specific field, but I'm not able to find 
it right now.



"owp^3" wrote:

> I have a main form named user_Match.
> 
> It has three subform containers:
> sub_BUSays with source object form named sub_match_BUSays
> sub_RptSays with source object form named sub_match_ReportSays
> sub_BTSays with source object form named sub_match_BTSays
> 
> sub_match_BUSays has a field called BU_BT_Portfolio_ID.
> sub_match_ReportSays has a field called MRE_PortfolioID.
> sub_match_BTSays has a field called BT_Portfolio_ID.
> 
> The portfolio id is a unique 10 digit number stored as a string.
> 
> I want to use the parent form to identify incorrect portfolio id's
> in the BUSays and ReportSays subforms.
> 
> I would like to be able to doubleclick the portfolio id field
> in any of the three subforms in order to display the record
> with a matching portfolio id in the other two subforms.
> 
> However, I don't want to filter down to just that record.
> Each subforms recordset needs to be available so I can search
> or navigate to find the correct record in the case of no match
> or an incorrect match.
> 
> The DoCmd.OpenForm with OnOpen Bookmark doesn't seem to work since
> it will open separate instances of the subforms.
> 
> I have been try to adjust the code suggested by Wayne-I-M in
> "how to select record in the subform and to show it in the main form"
> which uses setfocus, findfirst, and bookmark within the initiating 
> event to change the record on the parent.  But I can't seem to get
> the references to the 2nd and 3rd subforms right when I try to modify it for
> for this application.
> 
> With this code I get an error message that says:
> "invalid method in an expression" but it doesn't tell me which
> expression
> 
> Forms!user_Match!sub_RptSays.Form!MRE_ProjectID = _
> Forms!user_Match!sub_BUsays.Form!BU_BT_Portfolio_ID
> Forms!user_Match!sub_RptSays.Form.SetFocus
> 
> Set rst = Me("sub_RptSays").Form.RecordsetClone
> rst.FindFirst "MRE_PortfolioID = " & _
> Forms!user_Match!sub_BUsays.Form!BU_BT_Portfolio_ID
> Me("sub_BUSays").Form.Bookmark = rst.Bookmark
> 
> If I use the referential syntax from 
> http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0031.htm
> so that the code looks like this:
> 
> Me!sub_RptSays.Form!MRE_ProjectID = Me.BU_BT_Portfolio_ID
> Me!sub_RptSays.Form!MRE_ProjectID.SetFocus
> 
> Set rst = Me("sub_BUSays").Form.RecordsetClone
> rst.FindFirst "sub_RptSays = " & Me.BU_BT_Portfolio_ID
> Me("sub_BUSays").Form.Bookmark = rst.Bookmark
> 
> 
> I get an error trap message that says it can't find the field
> sub_RptSays
> 
> If I swap the container names for the actual names of the subforms
> I get an error trap message that says it can't find the field
> sub_match_ReportSays
> 
> I have tried adding square brackets and several other permutations
> but nothing seems to work.
> 
> Does anyone have any ideas?  What am I doing wrong?
> Thanks,
> 
0
Utf
10/18/2007 12:56:00 AM
Thanks Tim,
I have made some progress.
The setfocus lines don't error out anymore.
I can also push a value into a control on another form.
But I can't get the FindRecord to work.
I get an errormsg stating "command or action isn't available now"

Dim intMatchID As String
Dim intMatchID2 As String
intMatchID = Me.BU_BT_Portfolio_ID
intMatchID2 = Forms![user_Match].Form![sf_ReportSays].Form.MRE_PortfolioID

'The next line works though it is not what I am trying to do.
'Forms![user_Match].Form![sf_ReportSays].Form.MRE_PortfolioID = _
           Me!BU_BT_Portfolio_ID

'Forms![user_Match].Form!HoldThatThought.SetFocus
'Forms![user_Match].Form!sf_ReportSays.SetFocus
'Forms![user_Match].Form![sf_ReportSays].Form.MRE_PortfolioID.SetFocus
'OR
Me.Parent.HoldThatThought.SetFocus
Me.Parent.sf_ReportSays.SetFocus
Me.Parent.[sf_ReportSays].Form.MRE_PortfolioID.SetFocus
DoCmd.FindRecord intMatchID, acEntire, , acSearchAll, , acCurrent

I've also tried sticking code in the gotfocus events of the other subform 
and its ID field but the event never fires (clicking in the target fields 
before firing the code doesn't make a difference).  GotFocus fires on the 
main form, but...I'm not sure what I can do with that...

Any ideas what I should try next? 

"Tim Johnson" wrote:

> The code I posted will also work if your respective ID fields are not the 
> first fields in the tab order, but first you will need to click in the 
> appropriate field to search through in each subform before your double-click 
> (this will set the focus on the appropriate field)...there is probably some 
> way to code in the setfocus for that specific field, but I'm not able to find 
> it right now.
> 
> 
> 
> "owp^3" wrote:
> 
> > I have a main form named user_Match.
> > 
> > It has three subform containers:
> > sub_BUSays with source object form named sub_match_BUSays
> > sub_RptSays with source object form named sub_match_ReportSays
> > sub_BTSays with source object form named sub_match_BTSays
> > 
> > sub_match_BUSays has a field called BU_BT_Portfolio_ID.
> > sub_match_ReportSays has a field called MRE_PortfolioID.
> > sub_match_BTSays has a field called BT_Portfolio_ID.
> > 
> > The portfolio id is a unique 10 digit number stored as a string.
> > 
> > I want to use the parent form to identify incorrect portfolio id's
> > in the BUSays and ReportSays subforms.
> > 
> > I would like to be able to doubleclick the portfolio id field
> > in any of the three subforms in order to display the record
> > with a matching portfolio id in the other two subforms.
> > 
> > However, I don't want to filter down to just that record.
> > Each subforms recordset needs to be available so I can search
> > or navigate to find the correct record in the case of no match
> > or an incorrect match.
> > 
> > The DoCmd.OpenForm with OnOpen Bookmark doesn't seem to work since
> > it will open separate instances of the subforms.
> > 
> > I have been try to adjust the code suggested by Wayne-I-M in
> > "how to select record in the subform and to show it in the main form"
> > which uses setfocus, findfirst, and bookmark within the initiating 
> > event to change the record on the parent.  But I can't seem to get
> > the references to the 2nd and 3rd subforms right when I try to modify it for
> > for this application.
> > 
> > With this code I get an error message that says:
> > "invalid method in an expression" but it doesn't tell me which
> > expression
> > 
> > Forms!user_Match!sub_RptSays.Form!MRE_ProjectID = _
> > Forms!user_Match!sub_BUsays.Form!BU_BT_Portfolio_ID
> > Forms!user_Match!sub_RptSays.Form.SetFocus
> > 
> > Set rst = Me("sub_RptSays").Form.RecordsetClone
> > rst.FindFirst "MRE_PortfolioID = " & _
> > Forms!user_Match!sub_BUsays.Form!BU_BT_Portfolio_ID
> > Me("sub_BUSays").Form.Bookmark = rst.Bookmark
> > 
> > If I use the referential syntax from 
> > http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0031.htm
> > so that the code looks like this:
> > 
> > Me!sub_RptSays.Form!MRE_ProjectID = Me.BU_BT_Portfolio_ID
> > Me!sub_RptSays.Form!MRE_ProjectID.SetFocus
> > 
> > Set rst = Me("sub_BUSays").Form.RecordsetClone
> > rst.FindFirst "sub_RptSays = " & Me.BU_BT_Portfolio_ID
> > Me("sub_BUSays").Form.Bookmark = rst.Bookmark
> > 
> > 
> > I get an error trap message that says it can't find the field
> > sub_RptSays
> > 
> > If I swap the container names for the actual names of the subforms
> > I get an error trap message that says it can't find the field
> > sub_match_ReportSays
> > 
> > I have tried adding square brackets and several other permutations
> > but nothing seems to work.
> > 
> > Does anyone have any ideas?  What am I doing wrong?
> > Thanks,
> > 
0
Utf
10/18/2007 9:43:02 PM
I finally got it to work.
I'm not sure if this is the best way or the right way, but...
All that matters is it works.

OK 2 recap the mainform holds 3 subforms with different control sources.
The 3 recordsets do have a common key.  I want to be able to doubleclick on 
the common key field in any of the 3 subforms at which point the other two 
subforms will show the corresponding record for that keyvalue.

Solution:
Added a textbox in the mainform called holdthatthought to hold the keyvalue 
and this code:
Private Sub Form_Load()
   Public lookfor As String
   Me.HoldThatThought = ""
   lookfor = ""
   Me.sub_RptSays.SetFocus
   Me.sub_RptSays.Form.MRE_PortfolioID.SetFocus
   Me.sub_BUsays.SetFocus
   Me.sub_BTSays.Form.BT_Portfolio_ID.SetFocus
   Me.sub_BTSays.SetFocus
   Me.sub_BUsays.Form.BU_BT_Portfolio_ID.SetFocus
End Sub

Then in each of the subforms there are two modules like this:
Private Sub BT_Portfolio_ID_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
On Error GoTo Err_BT_Portfolio_ID_DblClick
   'put the keyvalue into the mainform holder
   lookfor = Me.BT_Portfolio_ID
   Me.Parent.HoldThatThought = lookfor
   'set the focus to the keyvalue control on subform 2
   Me.Parent.SetFocus
   Me.Parent!sub_BUsays.SetFocus
   Me.Parent!sub_BUsays.Form.BU_BT_Portfolio_ID.SetFocus
   'set the focus to the keyvalue control on subform 3
   Me.Parent.SetFocus
   Me.Parent!sub_RptSays.SetFocus
   Me.Parent!sub_RptSays.Form.MRE_PortfolioID.SetFocus
Exit_BT_Portfolio_ID_DblClick:
    Exit Sub
Err_BT_Portfolio_ID_DblClick:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_BT_Portfolio_ID_DblClick
End Sub

Private Sub BT_Portfolio_ID_GotFocus()
   'get the keyvalue from the holder on the mainform
   lookfor = Me.Parent.HoldThatThought
   'find the first record with that keyvalue unless the keyvalue is empty
   If Not lookfor = "" Then DoCmd.FindRecord lookfor, acEntire, , 
acSearchAll, , acAll, True
   'move to the first record if the current record doesn't match the keyvalue
   If Not Me.ActiveControl = lookfor Then DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acFirst
End Sub

I've spent about a week searching all over this forum, on the net, etc. 
trying to figure this out and get it to work consistently.  I am glad it 
works but wonder if perhaps there was an easier/more elegant/more correct way 
of accomplishing the goal?

I'd really appreciate some feedback on this.

Thanks,

owp^3

"owp^3" wrote:

> Thanks Tim,
> I have made some progress.
> The setfocus lines don't error out anymore.
> I can also push a value into a control on another form.
> But I can't get the FindRecord to work.
> I get an errormsg stating "command or action isn't available now"
> 
> Dim intMatchID As String
> Dim intMatchID2 As String
> intMatchID = Me.BU_BT_Portfolio_ID
> intMatchID2 = Forms![user_Match].Form![sf_ReportSays].Form.MRE_PortfolioID
> 
> 'The next line works though it is not what I am trying to do.
> 'Forms![user_Match].Form![sf_ReportSays].Form.MRE_PortfolioID = _
>            Me!BU_BT_Portfolio_ID
> 
> 'Forms![user_Match].Form!HoldThatThought.SetFocus
> 'Forms![user_Match].Form!sf_ReportSays.SetFocus
> 'Forms![user_Match].Form![sf_ReportSays].Form.MRE_PortfolioID.SetFocus
> 'OR
> Me.Parent.HoldThatThought.SetFocus
> Me.Parent.sf_ReportSays.SetFocus
> Me.Parent.[sf_ReportSays].Form.MRE_PortfolioID.SetFocus
> DoCmd.FindRecord intMatchID, acEntire, , acSearchAll, , acCurrent
> 
> I've also tried sticking code in the gotfocus events of the other subform 
> and its ID field but the event never fires (clicking in the target fields 
> before firing the code doesn't make a difference).  GotFocus fires on the 
> main form, but...I'm not sure what I can do with that...
> 
> Any ideas what I should try next? 
> 
> "Tim Johnson" wrote:
> 
> > The code I posted will also work if your respective ID fields are not the 
> > first fields in the tab order, but first you will need to click in the 
> > appropriate field to search through in each subform before your double-click 
> > (this will set the focus on the appropriate field)...there is probably some 
> > way to code in the setfocus for that specific field, but I'm not able to find 
> > it right now.
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > "owp^3" wrote:
> > 
> > > I have a main form named user_Match.
> > > 
> > > It has three subform containers:
> > > sub_BUSays with source object form named sub_match_BUSays
> > > sub_RptSays with source object form named sub_match_ReportSays
> > > sub_BTSays with source object form named sub_match_BTSays
> > > 
> > > sub_match_BUSays has a field called BU_BT_Portfolio_ID.
> > > sub_match_ReportSays has a field called MRE_PortfolioID.
> > > sub_match_BTSays has a field called BT_Portfolio_ID.
> > > 
> > > The portfolio id is a unique 10 digit number stored as a string.
> > > 
> > > I want to use the parent form to identify incorrect portfolio id's
> > > in the BUSays and ReportSays subforms.
> > > 
> > > I would like to be able to doubleclick the portfolio id field
> > > in any of the three subforms in order to display the record
> > > with a matching portfolio id in the other two subforms.
> > > 
> > > However, I don't want to filter down to just that record.
> > > Each subforms recordset needs to be available so I can search
> > > or navigate to find the correct record in the case of no match
> > > or an incorrect match.
> > > 
> > > The DoCmd.OpenForm with OnOpen Bookmark doesn't seem to work since
> > > it will open separate instances of the subforms.
> > > 
> > > I have been try to adjust the code suggested by Wayne-I-M in
> > > "how to select record in the subform and to show it in the main form"
> > > which uses setfocus, findfirst, and bookmark within the initiating 
> > > event to change the record on the parent.  But I can't seem to get
> > > the references to the 2nd and 3rd subforms right when I try to modify it for
> > > for this application.
> > > 
> > > With this code I get an error message that says:
> > > "invalid method in an expression" but it doesn't tell me which
> > > expression
> > > 
> > > Forms!user_Match!sub_RptSays.Form!MRE_ProjectID = _
> > > Forms!user_Match!sub_BUsays.Form!BU_BT_Portfolio_ID
> > > Forms!user_Match!sub_RptSays.Form.SetFocus
> > > 
> > > Set rst = Me("sub_RptSays").Form.RecordsetClone
> > > rst.FindFirst "MRE_PortfolioID = " & _
> > > Forms!user_Match!sub_BUsays.Form!BU_BT_Portfolio_ID
> > > Me("sub_BUSays").Form.Bookmark = rst.Bookmark
> > > 
> > > If I use the referential syntax from 
> > > http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0031.htm
> > > so that the code looks like this:
> > > 
> > > Me!sub_RptSays.Form!MRE_ProjectID = Me.BU_BT_Portfolio_ID
> > > Me!sub_RptSays.Form!MRE_ProjectID.SetFocus
> > > 
> > > Set rst = Me("sub_BUSays").Form.RecordsetClone
> > > rst.FindFirst "sub_RptSays = " & Me.BU_BT_Portfolio_ID
> > > Me("sub_BUSays").Form.Bookmark = rst.Bookmark
> > > 
> > > 
> > > I get an error trap message that says it can't find the field
> > > sub_RptSays
> > > 
> > > If I swap the container names for the actual names of the subforms
> > > I get an error trap message that says it can't find the field
> > > sub_match_ReportSays
> > > 
> > > I have tried adding square brackets and several other permutations
> > > but nothing seems to work.
> > > 
> > > Does anyone have any ideas?  What am I doing wrong?
> > > Thanks,
> > > 
0
Utf
10/21/2007 9:43:00 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Subform does not print.
I have designed the form the way I want it. Well, almost the way I want it. I enter the info into the form and then go back and check all my tables to ensure that all the info is being stored into the tables and that all functions appear to be working like I want them to work. When I hit the print preview button the subform does not appear. I had this happen before and managed to reset the form so that the subform would actually print but I can't remember how I did it. What am I doing wrong? -- Bandit ...

Date format in merged field
I am using Publisher 2000 (from Office 2000 Pro), under W2K. I am printing membership cards, merging data from an Excel spreadsheet. One of the merged text fields on the membership card is a date. How do I control the date format on the printed cards? When the spreadsheet had a date format of "8/4", the card printed as "August 8, 2004". I changed the spreadsheet date format to "August 4, 2004". Now the card prints "8/4/2004". I suspect, however, that it was something else that I did within Publisher that caused the date format results. - Da...

calculated field with conditions
In the query design view I am trying to make a calculated field total certain amounts based upon the contents of a certain field. The statement reads: IIf([recShortName]<>"sm/TRACTORS" Or "sm/WASH ALL TRAILERS" Or [recShortName] Not Like "bnsf*",Nz([bilUnit1],0)+Nz([bilUnit2], 0)...etc.,0) The field is calculating in each record whether or not recShortName matches or not. I would like some guidence on how to arrange to statement with the proper syntax and logic. The goal is to find to records where [recShortName] does not equal "sm/ TRACTORS" or...

Matching function or no match
I am using this formula to compare 2 list to see which numbers are not included in both column A and Col C. The formula I am using below pulls out the ones that i do have a match . Is there another function that I could use that would only pull out the ones that there is not a match? =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(A1,$C$1:$C$5,0)),"",A1) Thanks Uh =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(A1,$C$1:$C$5,0)),A1,"") -- HTH Bob "Donna" <donna@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:BE688A2B-3D42-45A0-AA3F-B65034C685E1@microsoft.com... > > I am using this for...

Client E-Mail and Web E-Mail not matching
I've got a few complaints from about 4 users where e-mail they see in their Outlook Client is not showing up in their Outlook Web Client when they check their e-mail from a remote location. We're using Exchange 2003 with SP2 installed and all the users have Office Outlook 2003 with SP1 Installed also. This seems to only have been a problem since we upgraded to Exchange SP2 two weeks ago. (Although I can't confirm it, but I wasn't told of any problems before th upgrade.) We had to upgrade to SP2 because of the 16 Gig limit so rollback is not an option. Best as I can t...

Matching cells #3
Here's my spreadsheet: A B C 1 1 1 2 3 3 3 4 6 4 5 10 5 8 11 6 9 7 10 8 9 10 11 12 13 How do I get the matching numbers on the same rows, like: A B C 1 1 1 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 8 8 9 9 10 10 10 11 11 12 13 13 I would just re-create the columns. 1. Copy column A into D. 2. In E1 put: =IF(COUNTIF(B:B,$A1),$A1,"") 3. Copy it over to F1 and then down as far as needed. 4. Select columns D thru F, copy them, and go to Edit > Paste Special > Value. Press OK. 5. Delete column A thru C. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA &g...

Lookups Fields
Can I have more then 1 contakt to contact relationship like contact to company, manager, assitant Nope - its not possible to add any new relationship between two "system" (out of the box) entities "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A04FCCD1-4E3C-47ED-94A1-8DA0E2CD5997@microsoft.com... > Can I have more then 1 contakt to contact relationship like contact to > company, manager, assitant ...

Lookup Formula: Return 1st match, then 2nd match, then 3rd match
I have a spreadsheet that looks like the following. Tab 1. Col A=Name. Col B = Task. A B Bob Reconcile Cash Tim Do Sales Report Bob Create presentation Tim Prepare financial statements Bob Hire staff person Now on tab two, I want to create another list that pulls all the tasks together by person. For example, Tab 2 would look like this: Bob Reconcile Cash Bob Create presentation Bob Hire staff person Tim Do Sales Report Tim Prepare financial statement. I realize I can just sor...

Can I have each series be a different field in a Pivot Chart?
I'd like to create a stacked column chart using a Pivot Chart. But each of the series that I'd like to stack are in different field (columns) in my source data. Is it possible to do this? I can't rearrange the source data, because then I'll exceed Excel's 64K row limitation. I am quite sure you can do it, but need more info about your set up before I will be aboe to give any recommendations Where is the data for each series? "tyson12" wrote: > I'd like to create a stacked column chart using a Pivot Chart. But each of > the series that I'd...

Index Match Functions
Has anyone ever combined the Index and Match functions to do lookups? ...

Not matching transactions
I have it set to not automatically do anything. I've tried resetting the account quite a few times with the help of technicians, but it's too long and involved, and I'm tired of rebalancing the account every time. I have 3 accounts, 1 works without passport and does fine. One of the others I can manually download from the web site, and have no problems doing it like so and decided this is the best way, prior tries it wouldn't work with passport. But the other still insists they are new transactions, and I can't download from their site directly. They only allow...

data in row didnt match import type 12-30-05
while importing almost 800 accounts , i got the following error for majority of accounts 'Data in row did not match the import type' what is the solution? How can i match it? whats is the way of comparision? It looks like a data problem. You need to check if all dates are correct (and filled), if numbers are numbers (not letters), etc... Regards, -- Erik van Hoof CWR Mobility Check our weblog at: http://www.cwrmobility.com/weblog "Aam" <Aam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C51E8ED0-443D-4B35-B436-0A9EDB09B419@microsoft.com... > while impo...

Manually matching transactions
Hi, I'm new to Money 2007 so maybe this is an easy question but I don't find an answer after searching help and recent posts. I have setup a checking account and a bill for Tuition. My transactions are automatically downloaded to my checking account. One of these transactions was my Tuition payment, but the bill still shows as being past due. Can't I simply mark that transaction as being a Tuition payment somehow? I'm sure I could record payment from the bill with the same info as that transaction has then delete the downloaded transaction that wasn't associated ...

Referencing From Nested Subform to Parent Table A97
Hi Folks I have a nested subform > MainForm > TabPanel1 > Subform1 with TabPanel2 > Subform2 Record Source for SubForm1 is my MainTable!ID (MainTable also the source for MainForm) I need to link the Subform2 data to the relevant ID of the MainForm record. I am getting a link to the first record ID in the MainTable but I am obviously missing something in linking to the 'Current Record' in the main table. Any suggestions on how I should proceed to get the reference right (and where to put it!!) Keep it Clean now... ;-) TIA "SteveM" <St...

Second Post: Refferencing Nested SubForms
Hi Folks - really struggling to workout how to reference my MainForm from a Nested Subform. Here's my structure: MainForm >TabPanel1 >>SumForm1 on TabPanel1 >>>TabPanel2 on SubForm1 >>>>SubForm2 on TabPanel2 (Reason for this structure is because of the need for nested TabPanels) I need SubForm2 Master/Child references to reference the MainForm RecordSource. Currently, by simply linking SubForm2!fc_id to MainForm!fc_id I get the 1st record from the MainForm recordsource regardless where the cursor is in that recordsource. I have tried using a reference...

Automatic population of a field in an input form
I have been away from Access for a few years, so I am struggling with a problem which I'm sure is an easy fix. I am working with Access 2003, and my form has a field for a Customer ID number. When that number is put into the Customer ID field, the Customer Name is supposed to automatically populate the Customer Name field as soon as I tab into that field. I am working off of one table to accomplish this. Is this accomplished with the criteria section of a query, and if so, how? If now, can someone please walk me through the steps to accomplish this. OwlLover, If I unders...

This forum does have value!
As year end approaches and I am considering upgrading to Money 2005, I found the message traffic extremely valuable. After this summers fiasco with the update to MSN Money locking us out of our local data file, I thought, or was hoping M$ would make an extra effort to make sure that Money 2005 was a significant improvement and without the assorted problems that I have found posted here. Some still unresolved. I have made my decision and I do not care how much work it is going to take me, bt I am going back to Quicken after giving Money a two year trial. This program is just not ready f...

How does MATCH handle a Non-Match?
I would like a steer on how the MATCH Worksheetfunction behaves if it doesn't find an exact match of values in the array it is searching. I am looking through a series of Dates and instead of picking the nearest one - which I need and seems most obvious - it seems to pick the previous one. I.E. - Searching for 14 Oct 2005 In a list which contains (among others) 15 Sep 2005 16 Oct 2005 And it picks the 15 Sep row! PS. Cell values are actually 14/10/2005 but formatted as above. In Excel's Help for the MATCH function, it describes how the values are returned. Chris wrote: > I w...

Index, Match, Min and Max question
I'm trying to retrieve a date (in column A) that corresponds with a Min and Max amount (in columns B:D). Basically I need to know when my amounts hit their Highs and Lows. Can someone help me with this please? Thanks, Maria Dates in column A; values in B Then =INDEX(A1:A9,MATCH(MAX(B1:B9),B1:B9,0)) Returns the date corresponding the max value in B Is this what was needed? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email <mgriffiths@klmtel.net> wrote in message news:1194464476.732636.234500@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com... >...

Scatter chart without numerical values
For some time now, when I create a scatter chart from tabulated (numerical) data, the chart does not display the x/y values, but the serquence numbers instead. This is similar to a bar chart, but should'nt happen with a scatter chart. The scatter charts have worked ok in the past. I'm using Excel 2000 in a company office environment where I have little control over the Excel installation/set-up. -- Regards Fred Are you really making an XY chart? If you make a Line chart with two numeric columns AND the first row have labels, Excel thinks both columns are y-data and uses 1,2,3...

version matching
Do both people have to have the same version of Outlook running in order for Tasks and Appointments to sync up properly when emailed between clients? I'm seeing some irregularities between someone running Outlook in Office 2000 and mine which is part of Office 2003. Appointments with reminders sent from Office 2002 or later will show up as text in Outlook 2000 unless a hotfix is applied to the Outlook 2000 installation. Besides this issue, I am not aware of any others except for ..pst file type incompatibilities, easily solved on the 2003 side. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ...

Matching cells by content then cell fill with color
Thanks to JEM, I am using this routine to color three consecutive cell a specific color, in this case red: Public Sub ThreeCellsRed() ActiveCell.Resize(1,3).Interior.ColorIndex = 3 End Sub What I need now is a way for the routine to continue to find all th similar cells, let's say for sake of disc they are people's names, s when I execute the above on my name, mrh, I want it to continue in th worksheet and find all exact matches and color those same cells red. Another thought, say my name (MRH) is in "A1" and it is also in "D1". But in "D1" I use "...

fuzzy logic matching in Excel
Is there such a thing as fuzzy logic matching in excel? For example, if I have Name Addr1 Addr2 Addr3 Davie Kings Road London England and Davie Kings Road - London This should match as a potential pair. How can I do this in Excel? Any ideas? Nothing built in. Davie wrote: > > Is there such a thing as fuzzy logic matching in excel? > > For example, if I have > Name Addr1 Addr2 Addr3 > Davie Kings Road London Eng...

display fields center
Is there a way to display the fields to be aligned center or right or left in a grid view. I dont see any properties to center a fields. Any ideas without changing style sheets ? -Srini This level of field control is not available in a supported fashion ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com <srini.venkatesan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1161808704.538238.109370@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to display the fields to be aligned center or right or > left in a grid view. I dont see any > properties ...

BOM Cost Field
I am trying to create a report that shows Current Costs in the Item Maintenance form and BOM Cost from the BOM Entry form. Does anyone know what table holds the current BOM Cost field? -- Thanks Knavas If you are referring to the Manufacturing BOM, I believe that window just uses the current cost from item maintenance and is not stored in any MFG tables. I could be wrong though... -- Doug "knavas" wrote: > I am trying to create a report that shows Current Costs in the Item > Maintenance form and BOM Cost from the BOM Entry form. Does anyone know what > tabl...