Make a button the default button

Hi all

If got a form with 3 buttons.

First they need to search for a customer and after that for all the articles
related for that customer.

So in the code for searching a customer I put:

Me.knp_Bok_Zoeken.Default = True

at the end.

But he doesnot make this the default button :S Or at least when I enter a
customer and press enter he searches for that customer and if I press enter
again he does nothing (instead of running the code to find the articles)

Does anybody now what I'm doing wrong?

Kind regards
Erwin

0
Erwin
1/9/2008 6:58:37 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Erwin

If you open the form in design view, select the button you wish to have as
the Default command button, open that control's properties, and set Default
= Yes, that button should show as the default on the form.

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP

"Erwin Bormans" <erwin.bormans@verwijderdit_telenet.be> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> If got a form with 3 buttons.
>
> First they need to search for a customer and after that for all the
> articles related for that customer.
>
> So in the code for searching a customer I put:
>
> Me.knp_Bok_Zoeken.Default = True
>
> at the end.
>
> But he doesnot make this the default button :S Or at least when I enter a
> customer and press enter he searches for that customer and if I press
> enter again he does nothing (instead of running the code to find the
> articles)
>
> Does anybody now what I'm doing wrong?
>
> Kind regards
> Erwin

0
Jeff

Make Default

Modify Message Box Cancel Button
Part of the code below brings up a message box letting the user know that they must press Add Incident button to save the incident. The problem I’m having is when the Cancel button is pressed it behaves the same way the OK button. The OK button works properly. I would like the Cancel to return user to the form so that information may be re-entered. How do I modify the code to make that possible? _____________________________________________________________________ Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If Me.NewRecord Then Dim strWhere As String Dim varResult As Vari...

making a transfer show up in the budget

Show buttons on one row grayed out
I am using OL 2003 and trying to customize it a bit. When I clicked the arrow at the end of the standard toolbar. I noticed the option to "Show buttons on one row". Unfortunately, I also noticed that it was grayed out, and unuseable. Both rows buttons could easily fit on one row. Could somebody tell me how to make use of the option to show them on one row? Thanks. Sorry, I was wanting it to put the standard toolbar and the advanced toolbar on the same row. I have now added most of the items of the advanced toolbar to the standard bar. That did the trick. "Bob S" ...

making tickets

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

redirecting OWA default website
Can anyone tell me of any possible drawbacks in the future of configuring the default website for OWA to automatically redirect to the /exchange virtual directory? for some reason typing /exchange to the OWA url was an issue, so I was asked to make http://mail.mydomain.com automatically redirect so OWA would load normally then. I did this a while ago and it works fine, but I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't cause any headaches in the future. Todd "Todd Seagraves" <nospam_todd.seagraves@gbe.com> wrote in message news:i3f%c.17652$8X2.13382@newssvr22.news.pro...

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

How can I set View as HTML as the default view...
I am trying to use a news group in which the dominant form of message is based on HTML. But my Outlook news reader forces me to manually turn each message into HTML which is a pain. It must have changed with some security update. I want my old settings back! -- Henry Stock, Network Administrator onProject.com 3 Wing Drive Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927-1006 Henry Stock <hstock@onproject.com> wrote: > I am trying to use a news group in which the dominant form of message > is based on HTML. But my Outlook news reader forces me to manually > turn each message into HTML which is a...

No control buttons on title bar (no minimize, restore or close)
A friend asked me to take a look at a workbook he has. When it opens, it cannot be resized, it does not have any control buttons (minimize, maximize or restore, and close) and does not have the other control menu on the left. It only has the filename of the workbook displayed completely flush left within the titlebar Has anyone got any ideas? I've read through a million posts and can find nothing. P.S. It does the same no matter where it is opened, and it's not in full screen view and it's not the problem mentioned in other posts involving Novell Groupware Many thanks if you...

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

Making a bmp transparent
Using Publisher 2000 Windows 98SE Is it possible to make a graphic file transparent? I'm attempting to create a motivational cartoon and would like to have a couple of scenes in the background. To do this I think I need to make an image file transparent. Can it be done? I have Paint Shop Pro and MS Paint. I have the challenge in the file, "Problem.zip" which can be downloaded at: http://www.tinyurl.com/wifs On the "Odds, Ends & Funny Things page. Click on the Snowman. 'Appreciate the help. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of...

Send button no longer on Message ribbon after reinstall
I recently had to reinstalling Office 2007 Professional RTM after the secondary (i.e. non-boot) hard drive suffered partial MFT corruption. I was able to uninstall Office 2007 successfully before fixing the drive and reinstalling the same version of Office from the same source discs. After reinstalling, I noticed that the Send button no longer appears on the Message ribbon like it used to. It used to be located where the Clipboard in now located on the Message ribbon. Now it only appears in the message itself, next to "To", "Cc", and "Bcc". After search...

How to make Frames??
how to make frames in microsoft publisher??? You use the Tool called TEXT FRAME Pretty easy I would have thought - obviously a challenge for some. -- i try to find in tool section.. but there is no button called TEXT FRAME? can u tell me the steps! PLZ!! Thankx.. and one more question.. i would link some sites... but i want that link(site) to be pop up in new window.? how to do it??? i've been trying to find it.. but then it always pop up in same window.. and could u tell me the steps?? plz. Thanzk Trust me, there is most definitely a button called Text Frame. Look in the HEL...

Relabel custom toolbar buttons?
When a macro name is dragged to a toolbar, a button is created that displays name of the macro. If the macro is stored in the local mpp, the name gets way too long. Is there a way to relabel the button to something shorter and easier to understand than "[project filename].mpp![name of macro]"? This is documented somewhere in "Help" and I'm sure I did not find this by serendipity. Menu: View/Toolbars/Customise ... While that dialog box visible, click on the right mouse click o the button and you'll see a rich list of options to enable changing lots of...

How to make this report simple? Thanks
How to combine all items to be read better? I mean just now I have 3 products however to each of theme are the same items / Rqst, EG, SP, EG-SP/ and I would like to meka it simplier. July2006 August2005 Group1 Group2 Group3 Group1 Group2 product1 Rqst 4301 0 250 120 75 EG 3560 0 150 80 100 SP 3200 0 120 40 50 EG-SP 360 0 65 30 200 product2 Rqst 100 150 EG SP EG-SP product3 Rqst EG SP EG-SP Thanks a lot for any kind of info. Juraj / mer68@zmail.sk ...

making lines around info so it looks like a table when printed or viewed
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) How do I put horizontal and vertical lines around all the cells so it looks like a table? Display the Toolbox by hitting the Toolbox button. Activate the Formatting Palette (upper left button) then chose Borders and Shading. Make sure you select the cels you want to format.... <br><br>make your choice in de button that has &quot;type:&quot; in front of it. Done Thank you I have been successfully making borders in all my excel worksheets but since the latest update, the palette in excel no longer works. At firs...

How to make a stacked bar chart using time?
Hi, I have the following data to plot on a stacked bar chart, and displayed as time. Dr X Dr Y Dr Z 02:03 03:00 01:00 00:20 02:00 00:30 00:40 01:00 00:30 02:45 01:00 00:15 02:10 08:13 07:00 02:00 This is time in hours and minutes. I need the result to look like this... Dr.X bar [02:03][00:20][00:40][02:45][00:15][02:10] Dr.Y bar [03:00][02:00][01:00][01:00] Dr.Z bar [01:00][00:30][00:30] where [02:03] represents a colour to represent 2 hrs & 3 mins etc. If I just select the Dr. X data I can get a stacked chart, but as soon as I add either Dr. Y or Dr. Z data the whole chart ...

How do I make each row add up seperatly? Please make it easy...
I have never set up anything on excel before. My job has always had it ready for me. I want to do this to help me figure out how much I will need for my baking ingredients for the holidays. I thought that I could put a row for sugar, and then for everything I am making with sugar type in 3/4 cup and 1 1/2 cups then at the end of all the sugar items have it add how much I will need. Can anyone tell me step by step how to set this up?? Please make it easy I am not computer smart at all. I'm willing to take this project on! Why don't you email what you have to ng@officear...