Looking for Opinions from Access Experts

Hello. I am new to access and am looking for some opinions. I have a form
with two input fields (storeA, storeB). The user needs to enter StoreA and
the address, city, etc information will pop-up (visible label), user then
enters StoreB , address, city, pop-up for StoreB. Also a mileage will be
dispalyed for the distance between both stores. Once all that is visbile the
user will decide if they want to run the application.
What I am looking for is when to have all these things happen. Currently I
have a run button. Should I perform a validation to make sure th estore
exists and then populate the address information on loss of focus? When they
click run? What happens if they tab away from the field without entering
anything?
Again I am new to access and looking for the best way and most user freindly
way to set up the form.  (Also to eliminate errors.)
Any and All opinions appreciated. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 20:00:00 -0800, AJ <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

You populate the store address in the AfterUpdate event of the Store
fields. You validate for accuracy of store name entry in the
BeforeUpdate event, and set Cancel to True if not valid.
Or use a dropdown rather than a text field.

-Tom.

>Hello. I am new to access and am looking for some opinions. I have a form
>with two input fields (storeA, storeB). The user needs to enter StoreA and
>the address, city, etc information will pop-up (visible label), user then
>enters StoreB , address, city, pop-up for StoreB. Also a mileage will be
>dispalyed for the distance between both stores. Once all that is visbile the
>user will decide if they want to run the application.
>What I am looking for is when to have all these things happen. Currently I
>have a run button. Should I perform a validation to make sure th estore
>exists and then populate the address information on loss of focus? When they
>click run? What happens if they tab away from the field without entering
>anything?
>Again I am new to access and looking for the best way and most user freindly
>way to set up the form.  (Also to eliminate errors.)
>Any and All opinions appreciated. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.
0
Tom

Remote access for CRM web client
Does anyone have any experience of usage or performance issues when running a CRM web client over 1) 1.8 mbps 3G mobile broadband 2) 56k dial-up connection? Thanks, Kevin HI Kevin, We have clients running the CRM web client using a mobile broadband VPN into the company network, to my knowledge they don't have any performance issues with it. I have not work with any clients that they are using a 56k dial-up connection. This also depends on how much data that each user is going to bring down through the pipe. If the user's setting is to load 250 records instead of 50 records per ...

All my icons look the same (except IE8 and the recycle bin)
i cant open any windows...when i click on them the open with window pops up and wants me to pick wat i want to open it with...i can only get on the internet in safe mode with networking. and when i try to open...for example paint it says invalid bitmap, or its format is not currently supported and other windows wont even open. got any ideas on how i can fix this?? On Sun, 30 May 2010 06:54:01 -0700, xxkoreanxx wrote in message <news:999F2CE9-8E21-47DC-8BA4-BAC1F1329F6E@microsoft.com>: > i cant open any windows...when i click on them the open with window pops up > a...

Sizing Access Window
I want to size the access window to fit my form perfectly. I tried using AdjustWindowRect to determine the size I would need, but it was not quite right. I tried a variation of different constants. The closest seemed to be WS_CAPTION|WS_THICKFRAME, but it was 4 pixels short in the width and 10 in the height. If I was sure that it would always be the same, then I could just adjust manually, but I came across the following in another thread (from 96). "The consensus of opinion is that AdjustWindowRect is no use at all. The only "reliable" way of computing a client area is to do ...

Looking for feedback
Hey everyone just started my own business doing consulting / training for Microsoft Outlook please check out my site www.outlookchallenged.com and provide any suggestions / feedback please. Any advice is good advice at this point. Thanks -- www.outlookchallenged.com Br Sense <outlookhelp@ftard.com> wrote: > Hey everyone just started my own business doing consulting / training > for Microsoft Outlook please check out my site > www.outlookchallenged.com and provide any suggestions / feedback > please. Any advice is good advice at this point. The best advice I have to offer ...

Looking for CRM Solution
Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for residentail, multifamily property management? On Apr 28, 12:55=A0pm, MrB <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for > residentail, multifamily property management? The beauty of Microsoft CRM is that it can be customized for any business in any industry. It's ability to be customized using front- end tools (not within code) is , as far as I know, unparalleled by any other software package. You have the ability to create new entiti...

Access/jet to SQL Server
We have a client who has an urgent need for one of our "packaged" apps to be used with full SQL Server (not just MSDE) and not Jet and as we know nothing in this area we have some questions and any help is appreciated: 1. Our app uses Access Security with an mdw file for development which is not distributed as the app is accessed by the user's own system.mdw file as we have a couple of tables blocked (i.e. hold registration info etc) and only accessed by RWOP queries in the FE. Can this still be done with SQL? 2. Some of our tables start with "Usys" and it seems the wiz...

CRM SF Outlook: Succesful Install, cannot access though
Can some one plz explain stepwise how to access CRM SFO. I cant locate any documentation to it. Thugh it has been succesfuly installed on my machine. Please guide me how to go around with it. Thanks g Best bet for free documentation is the Implementation Guide. Also this excellent site: http://www.mscrmexperts.com which happens to host a white paper you might be interested in on the SFO. info@sharedcal.co.uk www.sharedcal.co.uk Your fast route for team calendar view sharing in MSCRM 1.2! "Gautam Sachdev" <gautamsachdeva@gmail.com> wrote in message news:739B7E8A-828E-415...

=COUNTA() with multiple look-up
Hi All, I would like to count the number of items that have a value "AAA" in column A and an amount >0 in column B. As I am not quite sure how to incorporate two look-ups in a counta formula I was wondering if anyone can give me the formula? Many thanks! Rgds, Robert Try something like this: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="AAA")*(B1:B100>0)) or....if there may be some text cells in B1:B100 interspersed with the numbers =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="AAA")*ISNUMBER(B1:B100)*(B1:B100>0)) Is that something you can work with? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP &...

Accessing E-Mail from Outside Computer
I'm new to Outlook. I have my e-mail set up in Outlook. Is it possible to retrieve my e-mail from a computer other than the one I have it currently set up on now? Example: Emails come to outlook at my home computer. When I enter my email from my work computer it says there is no email because the mail is automatically sent to my outlook on my home computer. Is it possible to enter my email from another computer other than the one my outlook is set up on? Tools>Accounts>Properties>Advanced - check the "Leave a Copy of Messages on Server" ....but note that on o...

can I edit a picture to look faded?
I want to edit my picture to be faded so I can use it as background with text over it. "deborahm" <deborahm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D93DD63-8553-447D-A0AC-44EE0E1BD9B3@microsoft.com... > I want to edit my picture to be faded so I can use it as background with > text > over it. In Publisher you can do it one of two ways. For both ways start by inserting the picture. Method 1, right click on picture and select Format Picture, click on picture tab, then click on the dropdown for Color under Image Control and select wash...

Access - Macro
Hello, I have 2 databases. DB1 and DB2. DB2 is more or less like a rater. I give the input to the DB2 and DB2 produce the output back to me. In DB1, I have a macro (plus calling vba code) that will 1. send the input file to DB2 2. Run the macro in DB2 (part of the macro in DB2 will run a Make table query which will make an Output table in DB1.) 3. Update the result from Output table into another table in DB1. The problem I have is the macro failed at step3. it said the table doesn't exist... I ignored the message, and run the query of step 3 manually and it works f...

Microsoft Pocket Access 1.0
Hi there, I have an access DB which I'd like to convert to pocket access, I've searched the internet, but with no success, does any one have any idea on how to create and sync an MDB file to a pocket pc ? What are the boundaries? Do I need to create a separate program for it (VB or C#?) TIA for all your answers! �����h??? l�hgarhgfrshgrhfsdgkhfskghaklfjvneiluahvlaksdfjgoearhgvlkahrsgouhafkghvfk�jdga�dhfbo�iadhgiuhf ................ alrght? "???? ????" <@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:CAF0FCF7-2926-4E88-8973-BB0104ECFC93@microsoft.com... ...

data look up and return values across a row
I have a list in one spreadsheet, we'll call it 'spreadsheet A' that I need to cross reference with another larger spreadsheet, which we'll call 'spreadsheet B'. I'd like to remove everything from B that isn't on A. Is there an easy way of doing that? Chip Pearson has lots of info about working with duplicates at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Betsey wrote: > > I have a list in one spreadsheet, we'll call it 'spreadsheet A' that I need > to cross reference with another larger spreadsheet, which we'll call > &#...

Public Folder Access Issues
Here is a wierd one. (Please do not referance the article "Removing the first exchnage server in your Org" been there, done that) I have rehomed all public folders to NEW server. Unmount Public Folder store on OLD server. Outlook 2002 clients can no longer access Public Folders. Outlook 2003 clients can access Public Folders, no problem. I upgraded a non working 2002 client to 2003, and boom, there are fixed. What is the differance? What is the setting on the client that needs to be updated to find the Public Folders on the new server? Definalty looks like a client and no...

Looking for basic multiplaction formula
HI ALL, I'm trying to multiply cells d5-d9 by cells a5-a9 and put the answer in cells d14 - d18 ( using caps ) I have tried =(D5*A5) in d14 and then pulling it down to d18 PLEASE HELP ME IVE BEEN AT THIS FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF!! Sounds to me like you had it right... what's not working? In cell D14 enter "=D5*A5" Copy that and paste it in cells D15 to D18. Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel) www.excelguru.ca Concarp wrote: > HI ALL, > I'm trying to multiply cells d5-d9 by cells a5-a9 and > put the answer in cells d14 - d18 ( using caps ) > ...

look up who is connected
hello i would like to check if any pc connects to my xp box which it shares a lot of dirs. can powershell do the job and how? not sure in PS but "netstat" could do this for you. regards Ramazan "ryan" <ryanlihk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eKobVuVrKHA.4220@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > hello > > i would like to check if any pc connects to my xp box which it shares a > lot of dirs. > > can powershell do the job and how? thanks On 2/15/2010 2:21 AM, RCan wrote: > not sure in PS but "netstat" could do this...

From Access Query to Excel and Open the File
Originally I posted this in the Access Forum and was told doing it this way will not work. Does anyone on this side know how to do this?? See Original Post below: Thanks, Hans I have imported the query into Excel and able to save it, but I have people that complained about having to find the file somewhere.... How would I run this query and NOT save to My Documents, but create a new Excel file and just open it, leaving the save option to the user? Also, can you do Excel cell formatting inside the VBA/Access code? DoCmd.OpenQuery "ISS Open Position Query", acViewNormal, acEdit ...

Looking for sheet to handle MPG, etc
HI I am looking for a sheet to handle gas mileage. things like MPG etc. It would be great to have a ready made sheet to handle this info thanks supermari -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This shouldn't be too difficult unless you attended college at Texas A&M =miles driven/gallons used -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "supermario >" <<supermario.1a3sk4@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:supermario.1a3sk4@excelforum-nospam.com... > HI > I am looking for a sheet to handle gas mileage. > things like MPG etc. &g...

Report data truncated on Access 2007
Hi. I have an application in Access 2003 that creates reports dinamically, and asigns font sizes for the data to be print. When I run the application in Access 2007, the font's size for some fields are changed to 11 instead of 8, and hence the data on the reports get truncated. Any ideas how to solve this issue? Thanks. The simplest way is to make a version that only runs in 2007, correcting those controls where the font size goes awry. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "alexrs2k" <alexr...

Look at this package from M$
--ivtelxoethnivzpa Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="owjfpbnibkp"; type="multipart/alternative" --owjfpbnibkp Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="rubabijkdwz" --rubabijkdwz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help maintain the security of your computer from these vuln...

Look at these security update
--wpxhtpbmrmsmmz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="gpfmogvvgagrxl"; type="multipart/alternative" --gpfmogvvgagrxl Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="uxubtxafyzmt" --uxubtxafyzmt Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install ...

ISP blocking access to Gmail POP server
I have been using Outlook 2003 with gmail successfully for almost 3 years. Last Friday, at about 4pm I started getting this message: Task 'pop.gmail.com - Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' I've made no changes to my settings, and double and triple checked my account settings in Outlook. Pop is enabled in gmail. I went through the common errors list and then the troubleshooting guide on...

Access OL from 2 computers?
I suppose I can just access my OL email from another computer in the LAN when I just logon to the network with my username and pw. But what if my computer is on at the same time and OL is open? Is it safe to still do that or should my own computer be turned off first? (:-o) Are you accessing an Exchange Server mailbox or a simple PST file? Mailboxes are shareable while PSTs can't be opened by more than one machine at a time. "R." wrote: > I suppose I can just access my OL email from another computer in the LAN > when I just logon to the network with my username and pw...

CRM 4.0 Out Look Client
Hi All, I have a problem in CRM Outlook Client. After i do install Out Client and configure it to allow send and recieve emails through CRM, it is working fine. But due to some reasons the menu called "CRM" is disappearing from outlook Tool bar and it stops sending emails throgh CRM. It may happen after few days of working well. Could any body help me to find the reason for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Constant Registry access in XP?
Hi all, Despite keeping a lean, mean and clean XP install, the HDD light on my PC briefly flashes once per second, all of the time. Being slightly bothered by this activity, I ran process monitor and traced it down to the registry access shown in the screenshot below. Process monitor doesn't show any hard drive access that coincides with the light flashing, so my questions are: Why is the light flashing for non HDD activity? What do those registry values do and can I stop the constant access? TIA - steve <AT> steveevans <DOT> org - Windows have the tendenc...