Locked out of database

Not sure what happened but get a message saying "database has been converted
from a prior version of Access by using DAO compactdatabase and is now in a
partially converted state."
It says I should be able to import tables into a new data base but when I
try this it just gives the same message about converting and the data base
just doesn't open.
Please help because lots at stake, have to do a report based on these tables
so am waiting with anticipation!!!x
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Pete,

Usually this means you are opening an earlier version of Access in a new
version. Make a copy of the database so you don't further damage your
original. Go ahead and open it and it should ask you if you want to convert
to a newer version or something like that. Go ahead and convert. If this
doesn't happen, try importing into a newly created database and when you are
ask to convert go ahead and convert then. Outside of that, I can't say I
would know what's wrong as I only have that problem as I mentioned in the
beginning.

Hope this helps!

"Pete Rothery" wrote:

> Not sure what happened but get a message saying "database has been converted
> from a prior version of Access by using DAO compactdatabase and is now in a
> partially converted state."
> It says I should be able to import tables into a new data base but when I
> try this it just gives the same message about converting and the data base
> just doesn't open.
> Please help because lots at stake, have to do a report based on these tables
> so am waiting with anticipation!!!x
Thanks a lot Stockwell that sorted things out - phew!!

Pete

"Stockwell43" wrote:

> Hi Pete,
>
> Usually this means you are opening an earlier version of Access in a new
> version. Make a copy of the database so you don't further damage your
> original. Go ahead and open it and it should ask you if you want to convert
> to a newer version or something like that. Go ahead and convert. If this
> doesn't happen, try importing into a newly created database and when you are
> ask to convert go ahead and convert then. Outside of that, I can't say I
> would know what's wrong as I only have that problem as I mentioned in the
> beginning.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> "Pete Rothery" wrote:
>
> > Not sure what happened but get a message saying "database has been converted
> > from a prior version of Access by using DAO compactdatabase and is now in a
> > partially converted state."
> > It says I should be able to import tables into a new data base but when I
> > try this it just gives the same message about converting and the data base
> > just doesn't open.
> > Please help because lots at stake, have to do a report based on these tables
> > so am waiting with anticipation!!!x
You're quite welcome Pete, glad I could help!

Could you do me a favor please? If that helped you could you please mark it
as such. This way if someone else has that problem they will see this worked
for you.

Thanks Buddy and have a great day!!!!

"Stockwell43" <Stockwell43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

 > Could you do me a favor please? If that helped you
 > could you please mark it as such. This way if someone
 > else has that problem they will see this worked
 > for you.

He just did "mark it that it helped him" by posting his response to you here
in the newsgroup.  The "marking" you describe is only available from/to the
online user interface you used, and a relatively small minority of the users
of this newsgroup access it via the online user interface. By replying to
you, he's indicated to all users that it was helpful, not just the ones
using the online UI.

 Larry Linson
 Microsoft Office Access MVP

0
Larry
3/12/2008 1:48:51 AM
I basically meant to mark it "Yes" that it was helpful so the green checkmark
would appear so when others are searching for the same issue they can sort it
by answered questions. Why waste time going through every posting if it
didn't help? I didn't see the checkmark, but I am aware that I have helped
him based on his response.

"Larry Linson" wrote:

> "Stockwell43" <Stockwell43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>
>  > Could you do me a favor please? If that helped you
>  > could you please mark it as such. This way if someone
>  > else has that problem they will see this worked
>  > for you.
>
> He just did "mark it that it helped him" by posting his response to you here
> in the newsgroup.  The "marking" you describe is only available from/to the
> online user interface you used, and a relatively small minority of the users
> of this newsgroup access it via the online user interface. By replying to
> you, he's indicated to all users that it was helpful, not just the ones
> using the online UI.
>
>  Larry Linson
>  Microsoft Office Access MVP

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 05:04:00 -0700, Stockwell43
<Stockwell43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I basically meant to mark it "Yes" that it was helpful so the green checkmark
>would appear so when others are searching for the same issue they can sort it
>by answered questions. Why waste time going through every posting if it
>didn't help? I didn't see the checkmark, but I am aware that I have helped
>him based on his response.

Stockwell, you're making the (very reasonable, given the way Microsoft
presents themselves) assumption that everyone sees the green checkmark because
everyone is using the Microsoft webpage.

That assumption is WRONG. This is NOT a webpage. This is NOT a blog.

The microsoft webpage is one of *many* available interfaces to the text based
Usenet newsgroups, a subset of which are hosted by Microsoft.

Most of us who volunteer here find the webpage slow, difficult to use, and
overburdened with bells and whistles. I for one use a newsreader named Agent
to connect to the news server msnews.microsoft.com, and see the *content* of
messages. I don't see the little blue MVP icon by my name, I don't have
pushbuttons for "answered" and the like.

Many people who ASK questions also come in from other venues, so they do not
have the option of checking the checkbox either.

A few folks at Microsoft are rumbling again about making the web-based
interface mandatory and shutting down the text-based NNTP newsgroups. They are
hearing loud and clear from the MVP's that doing so will drastically cut the
number of helpful replies to their customers' questions, because a lot of us
will simply cease using the forums if compelled to use (at least the current)
web interface.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

"Stockwell43" <Stockwell43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I basically meant to mark it "Yes" that it was helpful so the green
>checkmark
> would appear so when others are searching for the same issue they can sort
> it
> by answered questions. Why waste time going through every posting if it
> didn't help? I didn't see the checkmark, but I am aware that I have helped
> him based on his response.
>
> "Larry Linson" wrote:
>
>> "Stockwell43" <Stockwell43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>>
>>  > Could you do me a favor please? If that helped you
>>  > could you please mark it as such. This way if someone
>>  > else has that problem they will see this worked
>>  > for you.
>>
>> He just did "mark it that it helped him" by posting his response to you
>> here
>> in the newsgroup.  The "marking" you describe is only available from/to
>> the
>> online user interface you used, and a relatively small minority of the
>> users
>> of this newsgroup access it via the online user interface. By replying to
>> you, he's indicated to all users that it was helpful, not just the ones
>> using the online UI.
>>
>>  Larry Linson
>>  Microsoft Office Access MVP

0
Larry

locking up
This might be more of a GDI question, but since I'm in MFC, I'll ask: Would BitBlt-ing to the screen repeatedly tend to lock up a program, after alt+tabbing to another application? If so, why? This seems to be happening to me, and I want to get to the bottom of the problem. What I have is either a fade loop or a screen-size redraw, both based on a timer and bitblt. Quite often, after I leave the program to go to another app, I cannot return and must "end task". "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message news:%23YFL5Ks%23F...

Desktop Alert Locks Computer
Greetings, I am seeing a little quirk on some of my desktops. It only happens occasionally, but it happens to different models of PC. Not all the time, but once in awhile, I have users that complain of their PC freezing. The only remedy is to do a hard reboot. I have noticed in these instances, that the desktop mail alert ( the preview that pops up by the system clock when you get a new mail) is showing when it froze. If I go into Outlook and turn off the desktop alert, then the PC freezing stops. So, I know that the Desktop Alert is the cause of the problem. Has anyone else ever seen this? Th...

Lock formula to cell
I want a formula to lock to a cell so that when I add or delete a column the formula will always remain with say column H I know if the sheet is Password protected this will prevent this happening but that is no use when I have to unprotect the sheet to delete a column. Anyone got thoughts on this? regards Pat Hi Pat without using VBA you can't achieve this Frank Pat wrote: > I want a formula to lock to a cell so that when I add or delete a > column the formula will always remain with say column H > > I know if the sheet is Password protected this will prevent this >...

locked excel File ??
Hi . I am working with my colleges with one Excel file in a shared file system. Sometime - when I open the file, there is the message "locked from College" - but he is definetly out of office and shut down his PC. We are using Excel 2003 + Excel 2007. What can I do?? THnks for help Susan ...

Locked out of database
Not sure what happened but get a message saying "database has been converted from a prior version of Access by using DAO compactdatabase and is now in a partially converted state." It says I should be able to import tables into a new data base but when I try this it just gives the same message about converting and the data base just doesn't open. Please help because lots at stake, have to do a report based on these tables so am waiting with anticipation!!!x Hi Pete, Usually this means you are opening an earlier version of Access in a new version. Make a copy of the data...

Outllook2007 to open my Outlook2002 Win7 says files locked.
I'm following 2002 to 2007 instructions step by step. When I point Outlook to my ..pst file, I get access restriction messages. How do I make sure these files can be accessed by Outlook 2007? Thanks. Which exact steps are these? From your Outlook 2002 machine, copy the pst-file to your Outlook 2007 machine and place it in a convenient location such as My Documents\Outlook\ In Outlook 2007 you can then reconnect to the pst-file via; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Robert Sparnaai...

How do I change the name of Access 2007 Database?
Unable to rename or delete Access 2007 databases created for practise. Can anyone help? On Nov 22, 3:56 pm, leroyd <ler...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Unable to rename or delete Access 2007 databases created for practise. Can > anyone help? What is the error message you are getting? navin "navin" wrote: > On Nov 22, 3:56 pm, leroyd <ler...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > Unable to rename or delete Access 2007 databases created for practise. Can > > anyone help? > > What is the error message you are getting? > > navi...

can not create database
I am apart of the builtin\administrators group which has a server role as dbcreator. I attempt to create a dbase and get the following: CREATE DATABASE failed. Some file names listed could not be created. Check related errors. CREATE FILE encountered operating system error 5(Access is denied.) while attempting to open or create the physical file 'D:\BTCSystem\Data\Heal.mdf' Thanks. On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 10:01:10 -0700, seeker <seeker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am apart of the builtin\administrators group which has a server role as >dbcrea...

Lock autoshape to fixed position
Hello, Does anybody know if it is possible to keep an autoshape to a fixed position. I have a worksheet that has two panes, one is frozen i.e. a fixed header and scrollable rows. On the bottom of the page I want to put a button bar made of shape buttons. The problem is that when I scroll, the buttons scroll too! It would be nices if I can keep them in position. I know that is is possible to add a second window, but that does not look so well... Any ideas? Multiple fixed panes would be a great option! Change the alignment option to be absolute. Picture properties > Layout tab > Advan...

How can I get a pivot table to recognize a growing database?
I add new data to the data range weekly. To get the (6) pivot tables which look at the data to update and include the new lines, I have to go into the wizard and redefine the data range for each pivot. There must be an easier way. Hi Nort frustration isn't it ... check out "dynamic ranges, naming" at www.contextures.com/tiptech.html for an solution -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "Nort" <Nort@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46BD0E21-43D0-492B-AA40-1A83B72EF741@microsoft.c...

Money "lock-out" solution-thanks Kurt
Kurt Thanks for the idea. It worked. I unistalled money 2002 and the reinstalled using custom mode...up and running again! Thank -you What happens to all your data when you do that? Do you still have your data? I tried reinstalling, but no luck. I hate to uninstall, since I would lose all the data, right? Would appreciate info. Thanks, Alice >-----Original Message----- >Kurt > >Thanks for the idea. It worked. I unistalled money 2002 >and the reinstalled using custom mode...up and running >again! Thank -you >. > Your data is in a file *.mny. This is ind...

Create a form in one database and then copy and paste to another
You guys have been great with your help. I created a form in a database, quite by accident that I got it the way I wanted it as I am still learning by trial and error, and reviewing this board... Anyway, I created this form, tried to twick it and screwed it up totally. I have the form before I messes with it backed up on a zip drive. Is there anyway to copy just a form from one datebase and place into another database? There is also a few forms in templates that would work great for me with just a minor adjustment here an there, but how can I get them into the database without cre...

Form locking up
I've completed my own Linked Table Manager wizard, so that the connections I create to SQL Server and Oracle database on my network don't require a DSN (DSN-less connections). This wizard exists in its own mda file, which I have added as a reference in several of my databases. In my test database, this wizard runs great. I've got a command button that calls a function (fnRefreshLinks) that exists in the wizard. It opens a form, refreshes a list of the linked tables, tests the link, and provides me with some options. When I run this same function from another database, it...

Where am I being locked out?!
This is an unusual problem and I'm hoping someone will have come across something similar before. Before I start I should state that I've hardly used Windows Server or Active Directory, so go easy on me if this is something obvious! I am having my account locked out on a daily basis. I know that this isn't to do with my machine as it happens even if I get my account unlocked and wait a day without turning my machine on I still can't log on the day after. I'm pretty sure it's a piece of software that I've installed somewhere that keeps trying to con...

Why not use this as a lock object in lock
Hello! According to the docs it says that lock (this) is a problem if the instance can be accessed publicly. Can somebody explain what can happen if I have a lock section and use this as the lock object like this. lock(this) { } //Tony On 2010-06-20 17:09, Tony Johansson wrote: > According to the docs it says that lock (this) is a problem if the instance > can be accessed publicly. > Can somebody explain what can happen if I have a lock section and use this > as the lock object like this. > lock(this) > { > > } > http://haacked.com/ar...

Managing Remote Access Database
Hi everyone My question is how to retrieve and update records in a remote Access db sitting on a remote web host using a VB application. While I can do this with SQL Server I could do with some general pointers on the technique(s) used to do the same with Access. Do you have to get the recordset via an asp page using the appropriate SQL string and if so can updated records be returned back to the remote db via the same means. Any comments to steer me in the right direction much appreciated. Dave A Jet engine (often named Access) is no data base server, it is a database file (it ha...

"Computer Locked" dialog does not show up
I have windows XP Pro (version 2002) SP3. When I lock my computer, I do not see the "Computer Locked . . . " dialog. Instead, I only see the "Unlock Computer" dialog immediately upon locking. I am concerned about not pressing Ctrl+Atl+Del before entering my password to unlock. Is there a setting that I can change (I have extensive knowledge of windows registry and system tools, but I have not been able to find an option to "Show only unlock screen". ...

locks and more locks
Hello. This is about a SQL Server 2005 back end and Access 2007 front end. There is a front end on each user's machine. This has to do with the locking (or blocking as some call it) issue. Connections from the front end remain open once the user opens the front end until the front end closes, if the user closes the front end at all and not everyone closes the front end when done. There can be approximately 100 (+/-) people using the front end during the day. Some may actually be transmitting data (transactions) and some may not. But my thought is if the connection is a...

Database Not Found Error Message
Hello, I've installed RMS on Server 2003 running MYSQL. I have another machine running XPPro and want to use that one as the POS front end computer with the HP server as the database/file server. I've installed RMS on both machines although the machines are networked and can see each other when I attempt to launch POS on XP Pro machine, it tells me could not connect to the database. I've made sure the SQL server client utility has the same enabled protocols of TCP/IP and Named Pipes. This is the same config on the 2003 Server. I can launch the Store Operations Administr...

database diagram
All I wish is to find a blank template with database diagram symbols on it. (Visio Standard 2003) ...

Determine which mail is locking queue
Came in to work yesterday and exchange was not delivering mail... bummer. I determined the queue was all backed up. Message tracking showed (*from memory) that the messages were being submitted to the advanced queue but would continue no further. I the reboot the server, stop the smtp server when it's back up move and then move all messages in the queue folder to a new folder and start the smtp server. All is well. I stop smtp server, place some of the messages I moved back into the queue folder and start the server again. So on and so forth until messages stop being delivered aga...

Access 97 database from Access 2007 machine?
I have 7-8 machines running Access 97 happily . . .and a new machine with Access 2007 that I wish to just run the database for now. Will convert the database when I can get all machines upgraded. Is that possible?. . .the permissions messages that come up are confusing me. I use security thru a ..mdw file as well. ...

Keyboard locked
Hello all My keyboard seems to be locked and I can't type anthing. I have a Dell Inspiron 1501(three yrs old). I pressed the fn key with the number lock key and that didn't work. Can someone please help. Thx Dolores Try replacing the keyboard and/or rebooting your computer. "dolores01" <u59578@uwe> wrote in message news:a6fd3466ee816@uwe... > Hello all > My keyboard seems to be locked and I can't type anthing. I have a Dell > Inspiron 1501(three yrs old). I pressed the fn key with the number lock > key > and that didn't work. Can...

eConnect How to Specify the Company Database with eConnect Incoming Service
The article from the knowledge base "How to Specify the Company Database with eConnect Incoming Service" states that this can be accomplised by add the following node to the XML document. <eConnectProcessInfo> <ConnectionString>data source=SERVERNAMER;initial catalog=SQLDATABASE;integrated security=SSPI;persist security info=False</ConnectionString> </eConnectProcessInfo</eConnectProcessInfo> The question is how do you get the eConnectProcessInfo into the XML document programmatically like the example I use below. Thanks grs // eConnectType cla...