Lock Message, Error 3218

I have a database that is split into back end and about 25 front ends.  We
updated from Access 97 to 2003. I now keep getting the following message:
Could not Update, Currently Locked, Error 3218.  It has been causing pure
chaos.  Can someone please provide any suggestions.  I have compacted,
repaired and re-linked tables via Linked Table Manager.  It helps for a
little bit, however will lock up again eventually.  Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Request.Form error in asp.net
We have a web page that displays dated notes kept in SQL table. The users have apparently done a copy/paste of email content into the nvarchar(max) column. Now, when we read it in edit on a web form we are getting the error below. Can anyone help us avoid this issue as the web page crashes. Thanks. An unhandled exception occurred: Message: A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (ctl00$ContentMain$fvActivityHistory$txtActivityNotes="...g, Teresa <tgering@aging.net> w..."). Stack Trace: at System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateSt...

Deleted messages not going away
I have a message that was deleted from the inbox but does not go to the deleted items folder and I can't get rid of it. This has happened to 3 out of 500 users in my company. The e-mail is a cleaned message that originally carried a virus. How do we get this out of the Inbox? Will not allow me to move or delete it as it has already been done once. ...

Dynamic chart generation: Run time Error '1004: Method 'Cells' of object'_Global' fai
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, I am trying to generate a chart with multiple series. The number o series is not fixed and can be any number. I recorded a macro and the modified the code. 'Counter' refers to the number of the series and have referenced it in a worksheet. I am getting the error in the lin that is bold. Thank you for your help. The code is as follows: Dim Counter As Integer Dim i As Integer Sheets("With TC").Select Counter = Cells(38, 13).Value ActiveChart.ChartType = xlLine With Sheets("VP_Wit...

keeping messages in inbox
I've been using Outlook for about a month to pull in my emails from a different mail services I have - AOL and SBC/Yahoo. The problem I'm having is that while my messages are coming in from AOL correctly (or they seem to be), Outlook only retains them for a week or so then they disappear. It does not happen with the SBC mail (which is the first/default mail account). I've looked everywhere for something to adjust the length of time messages stay in the Inbox folder for the AOL messages, but no success. Anyone with ideas that might help would be greatly appreciated, be...

error sending mail,
Last week I could not recieve mail and gary helped sort it out, now i cant send any messages as the following message appears: Subject 'Emailing: STA42547', Account: 'MAIL.TALKTALK.NET', Server: 'SMTP.TALKTALK.NET', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '250 SIZE 20971520', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 250, Error Number: 0x800CCC7D Thanks Nick How big is the message? It is probably 20 MB and that is probably too big for TALKTALK. "Nick. R" <NickR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:290F4DC6-A451...

No records!! No errors!! after Sync.
We installed the sales for outlook client on a laptop and then replicated with the central database without any issues. The new user is a part of the business unit that owns all the records in the central database. After the replication there are no records being transferred to this laptop. We tried replicating a few times with no errors provided but no records being transferred. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks, Nathan ------=_NextPart_0001_6228563F Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Nathan~ Check and see if you received any errors within the subscriptions of...

SMTP Communications error W2K3 SBS
Hi - I am running Windows 2003 SBS server and having configured the exchange server to send via smtp and receive via the exchange pop3 connecter I am getting the following error when a client tries to send an email Recipient not authorised [recipient rejected due to no authorised destination groups] I can't find any log of this error on the net. Can anyone help? Thanks, Darren ...

Why Does This Formula Return an Error??
:confused: Hi, what am I doing wrong with the following formula: =countif(sheet1:sheet31!E6:E35,">=1") FOR some reason this formula fails when I use the (sheet1:sheet31) wit the column range (E6:E35). Is it possible to include a multiple sheet count and column range i the same Formula? Thanks for any helpful responses.. By the way, the formula works ok just as long as I'm not trying to rea multiple sheets.. Please help on this -- Mh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mhz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=...

Office Service Pack 2 update error
System has tried many dozens of times to install an important Office Service Pack 2 update but installation fails every time resulting in error message 57E while I have seen dozens of similar reports, I have yet to see any suggested fix from Microsoft. Clearly this is a well known error. IF the upgrade is important, then why haven't we been provided with a solution. IF the upgrade is not important, then why do they try to keep sending it? See replies to your second post. KenR wrote: > System has tried many dozens of times to install an important Office > Servi...

Re: Message Rules
One of the consistent errors that folks who write code and develop software often make is an overreliance on keystrokes to control basic software functions. Most users want to click, not type, in order to control basic software functions. Those who want to substitute arcane keystrokes for simple clicking [or touching] on menus and buttons are mired in Old DOS Habits. Nancy ...

Opening error
I receive the following error everytime I attempt to open exel document. Can open the document by first opening the Excel program and then select File, Open and then browse for the file. Any help appreciated. Using Excel 2000. Error message: Cannot find the file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\FolderName\Current List.xls' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available. Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Ex...

message Encryption
hi, what are the apps are available to encrypt outboung exchange message? what kind encryption does exchange 2003 provide? Thanks. "=?Utf-8?B?YW5vbmk=?=" <anoni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:447834EB-1BBF-4A5E-9C21-5D80395A5622@microsoft.com: > what are the apps are available to encrypt outboung exchange message? > what kind encryption does exchange 2003 provide? Exchange can work with certificate services to encrypt messages. There are also several other options for message security. Here are some links for you: http://www.petri.co.il/configure_messa...

Error Code 80070103 11-24-09
Interesting problem: I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit OS and windows update failed twice at updating my Gforce 7600GS video driver. I got the error code 80070103 each time. SO.... I downloaded the latest driver from Nvidia which is the 32bit version 191.07(8.16.11.9107) dated 10/5/09 and tried to manually update the driver. At one point during the install process I get an error message from the Nvidia installer stating: "Setup detected that the Operating System in use is not Windows Vista[32bit]/Windows 7[32bit]. The setup program and it's associated drivers are designed ...

The kerberos client received a KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED error and Failed to query SPN registration on DC 'hostname_ho.domainname.local'
We have various branches connected to our main branch, but one of the domain controller from one of the small branches is having issue and is not replicating with DCs in the main office. It is also generating the event ID #4: "The kerberos client received a KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED error from the server host/name_host.domainname.local. The target name used was host2/ name.host.domainname.local. This indicates that the password used to encrypt the kerberos service ticket is different than that on the target server. Commonly, this is due to identically named server accounts in the tar...

What message can be get, when a a usb drive is going to removed?
I have a question, that is how to get message when a usb drive is going to removed. When a usb drive is going to removed, the wnd can not get WM_DEVICECHANGE message. You need to register for the device class to get such messages. joe On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:48:53 +0800, "tanyuheng" <tanyuheng@etang.com> wrote: >I have a question, that is how to get message when a usb drive is >going to removed. >When a usb drive is going to removed, the wnd can not get WM_DEVICECHANGE >message. > Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.floun...

File format not valid message
I have Excel 2000 office. Created a workbook document and saved it in Excel. Now when I try to open it the message "File format not valid comes up". What do I do to open the document in Excel workbook format. You have damaged your file file. You may be able to recover data but the first thing I would do is to copy your file and to work from the copy of the file. Always check the file with your virus scanner and anyone else who attempts to open your file should do the same. Open Notepad and drag the file to the notepad, if you can see text that is a good sign. You may be abl...

Error sending more than 6 emails in outlook.
When I try and send more that 6 emails in outlook, it attempts to send, then pops up with an error message saying it cannot send these messages and tells me to resend the messages from sent items folder. All the messages are then saved into sent items as new (unread) messages and have NOT sent! (I've double checked with recipients!) Everything works fine if I try and send less than 6 messages a time - but more than 6 and I get this error, which is very frustrating! I've search the knowledge base and could only find articles relating to message getting stuck in the outbox, n...

Excel Mobile fails to open un-protected Excel file, with wrong message.... #2
Enrivonment: Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC R2 emulator with Excel Mobile as in Visual Studio 2008 Desktop Excel 2007 [SUMMARY] I have Excel 2007 workbook saved in 'Excel 97-2003' file format. File, when loaded after removing password, fails to open in Excel mobile [emulator] with error message "password protected Excel workbooks cannot open in Excel Mobile". [IN DETAIL] My file was fairly complex logic, hence before trying load into WM5 emulator, I removed all 'WebQueries', button controls, all macros, forms. File still would have graphs, among other calculation...

Script Error in IE8
Running IE8 under XP. Lately when I click on most web sites I get a msg "Internet Explorer Script Error. An error has occured on a script on this page. " Any idea why???? Frank 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? => Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet Explorer (No add-ons). 2. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings (RIES)? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware...

Roles and Features Refresh Error
On 64-bit Win2008 R2 Server when I try to access server manager roles or features (to install IIS) I get an error - Could not discover the state of the system. An unexpected exception was found: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800B0100): No signature was present in the subject. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800B0100) I ran the System Readiness Tool and it showed the following files missing: (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_for_KB974455_server_0~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.0.1.0.mum (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package...

How to retrieve archived messages
In outlook 98, can someone tell me how to retrieve a single message that has been auto archived. The only (clumsy) way I have found, is to import the archive file ARCHIVE.PST. The only problem with this is that ALL the old messages are imported and then seem to remain in outlook forever. Is there a more elegant way of doing it? I just want to look in the archive file, select the message i want and then carry on as before without having to import all the messages since time began. "Paul" <pbras@antispam.postmaster.co.uk> wrote in message news:0d6kn1dcse16vo9lu16d6q3qfkqcni39g...

Another 645 Error Message
Hi folks This may seem late to the game as all prior posts appear to be at least a year ago, but I was just asked to solve this riddle. Been trying to solve it for the past 5 days and have run out of patience. Running XP (Home) 5.1, Service Pack 3, 32 Bit. Plenty of memory available. Have ZoneAlarm Extreme Security running (but not getting any messages indicating the problem lies there). Trying to download & install .Net Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .Net Framework 3.5 Family Update for .Net Versions 2.0 through 3.5. Seem to be going in circles. Can't install ...

sending message in MFC multi-threading
I use class CSMTPConnection and CMimeMessage to send email in a multithreading project. when I only spawn one dialog window and send email, there is no problem at all, but whenever I spawn one more dialog window(concurrently), an exception occured. I traced it a little bit. The exception is about a pointer to interface IMultiLanguage while CMimeMessage instance initializing. Codes is as following class CMyDialog :public CDialog { CMyLog * m_log; void fcn(); ...... }; class CMyLog { .... void SendEmail( ....); .... }; void CMyLog::SendEmail(...) { CSMTPConnection EmailConn...

error after installing sp3
after installing sp3 for office 2000, i get error message when trying to open publication:"the instruction at 0x77fcc453 referenced memory at 0x00000000: the memory couldn't be written." This error is usually due to a faulty printer or video driver. Try opening Publisher in Safe Mode, if it works go to the manufacturer's web site and look for an updated drivers. Most of the time it will be the printer. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "steve" <steve@midlands.net> wrote in message news:027a01c37bb3$a7a72f60$...

An error occured while initializing MAPI...
I am trying to export my messages from Outlook Express 6 on Win 98SE to my new pc with Win XP. When I choose file- export-messages-yes, I get an error saying "An error occured while initializing MAPI". I have no other programs running. Any ideas? Thanks ~Brian ...