Linked Table - How to modify property?

Good Evening,

Can anyone help me, please?

I working with a linked table on Access and one of the column are set as
text but I want to change to Memo but it is not allowing to do it.

Best Regards,

Vanessa Simmonds

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

You can't change the field properties of Linked tables. You have to make
that change from within the "parent", i.e., the file you are linking to.

--
HTH,
George

"Vanessa Simmonds" <VanessaSimmonds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:D8BDD291-284E-49D9-8ACA-09347CC5A48A@microsoft.com...
> Good Evening,
>
> Can anyone help me, please?
>
> I working with a linked table on Access and one of the column are set as
> text but I want to change to Memo but it is not allowing to do it.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Vanessa Simmonds

0
George
11/16/2007 6:01:04 PM
Thank you very George.

I am using excell.

Which format I have to use in Excell so Access accepts as memo?

Best Regards,

Vanessa

"George Nicholson" wrote:

> You can't change the field properties of Linked tables. You have to make
> that change from within the "parent", i.e., the file you are linking to.
>
> --
> HTH,
> George
>

> "Vanessa Simmonds" <VanessaSimmonds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:D8BDD291-284E-49D9-8ACA-09347CC5A48A@microsoft.com...
> > Good Evening,
> >
> > Can anyone help me, please?
> >
> > I working with a linked table on Access and one of the column are set as
> > text but I want to change to Memo but it is not allowing to do it.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Vanessa Simmonds

Change link between form and subform

Transforming Table into Matrix
Hi there, I hope you can help me. _*DATA_I_HAVE:*_ *Table * of *3 columns*: -column 1-: up to 60.000 terms -column 2:- up to 60.000 terms (mostly the same as in column 1; jus different order (column 1 and 2 are representing a connotation) -column 3-: weighting of connotation _*AIM:*_ In order to conduct a better evaluation of the data (connotations) need to *transform * the *Table-Sheet * into a *Matrix*, - having 2 coordinates: 1 coordinate representing column 1, on representing column 2 and - filled data (crossing of the terms) representing the weighting of th connotation(s) _*QUESTIO...

Linked Forms

linking #4

Account's Relationship Type property vs. Competitor Management?
Hi, What does property "Relationship Type" in Account Management mean? it has a value named "Competitor", what is relationship between this property with Competitor Management function? Thanks, Account is a general term used to define relationships with any real world entity. So Customers, Prospects, Suppliers, Partners, etc are all examples of 'relationships'. That is if you choose to use the system that way - some people only include 'customers'. The use of Competitor in this instance is just an example, and remember - if you only have the sales ...

Links not linking

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

Link To A Cell From Chart

links

Linked Tables Over A LAN

2 Axis Pivot Table Based Chart Problem
Hi, I have a Pivot Table with 6 data types. 1 has a wide scale, say 1 - 100,000. The other 5 data types have a scale that is narrow, say 1 - 20. After I create the Pivot Chart from the Pivot Table and choose a "Line - Column on 2 Axes" type chart, Excel assigns the first 3 data types to the scale on the left (which happens to be the small scale) and the other 3 data types to the large scale, even though 2 of those last 3 are small scale data types. So, the result is 2 data series displaying as if they are zero, because their values are things like 3, 7, 11, 0.5, yet Excel has fo...

Links

Modify pivot table report
I am sent an xls that includes a worksheet that is a pivot table. There are a couple combo boxes in the first row (e.g., Date, Year) that if I were able to connect to the external data source would allow requerying of the pivot table. I don't need to do that. I just need that data as it is but I would like to delete the combo boxes from the worksheet. I am prevented from doing that (msg: you cannot change or modify a pivot table report). I can cut the data and paste it into another spreadsheet, however. I'd rather be able to modify the original worksheet (delete the first row with ...

Data Tables
Question for you, please: In the past, if I wanted to use an EXCEL data table, I was sure that the "row input" and "column input" cells needed to have values in them. It needed to be, for example, 3, not even =3, since the latter is a formula. That made sense to me because you are asking EXCEL to give you some other cell's result with different values for this "input" cell. Recently, I replaced such an input with a formula and, to my surprise, the data table results did not change and it seems to work anyway, which kind of blows me away. You would think t...

Modify receipt to not show customer balance
The receipt format for sales on account print customer previous and new balance. How do you modify to not print that info? Thanks in advance. Neal You'll need to modify your receipt template. Save the original and work on a copy! Open the template with Notepad and study it. If you're able to figure out what's going on in there, you will be able to find the lines you want to remove and remove them. If you need more specific instructions, post a reply. Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail "Neal C" wrote: > The receipt format for sales on account print customer ...

Pivot table and running total #2
I have a table with Columns: Region, Client, Date, and quantity. Using a pivot table I want to see per Region the quantity each Clients bought or sold. The problem I have is I can't figure out how to view a running total per region. You can view at this URL "http://members.freemail.ch/paulg/pivottable.gif" a picture of how I would want to see it (in yellow) and the table it comes from. Actual data has at least 20 different regions and 60 or so clients. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

email links in Publisher pdf

Chart template and links

text box datasource refer to a field in a table
Hi, I am building a report that gives a summary on all purchase order in a period of time. For the report, I have the query set up no problem, but on the report Head, I would like to make it dynamic so that it can display a company name field from another table (not included in the report's datasource). Using the expression builder I got the following: =[company name]!CompanyName [company name] is the name of the table and CompanyName is the name of the field in the table. When I try to run the report, it promps me for a variable, somehow it doesn't recognize that [company name] is a...

how do i show text in the data field of a pivot table?
If you put a text field into the data area of a pivot table, it will summarize the field to show a count, instead of showing the text. You can place the text fields in the Row, Column or Page areas, where their text will show. pum75 wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Tables to PDF
Hi there, I'm working with a table in Publisher at the moment & have formatted all my column / row gridlines to 0.25pt. However, when I convert to Adobe PDF, some of the lines appear much thicker than the others. Any Suggestions? Ian Have you tried printing the .pdf file? I've seen lines that look thicker but print just fine. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "ianp" <ianp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:402A32B6-8157-4D23-907A-9C437BD4FE35@microsoft.com... > Hi there, > > I'm working with a table in Publisher at...

Linking to ODBC Linked Tables

Saving information to a table field
Hi Really not sure if this is possible, however I will try to explain... I am wanting to have a field on a form that will allow the user to see information on the persons file of meetings they have attended. I am upgrading the database for someone and at the moment they have a checkbox for different events that have happened which is each held in its own column. I would like it to be able to have a sub form or something that would show each event that has happened and a checkbox next to the events to say that they have attended. Saving it into different fields is an option, but I would li...

Linked Graphs from Excel
I have linked graphs from excel into my publisher document using Paste Special. The problem is that when they paste in they reshape (I have pie charts and they come in publisher looking like tall skinny ovals). I can fix the shape of the charts manually after pasting them in, but when I update the links the reshaping reverts to its original, incorrect size. Any suggestions on how I can use the linking to excel and not have to resize every time I update? "Paste Special" as what format? Have you tried an image format? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http...

table of content
Using styles (Heading 1, etc) in Word (any version) allows me to create a TOC very simply. I cannot find a way to create a table of content automatically in Publisher (2003), for instance by applying styles. Am I missing something or have they just left out this option? Don't want to create a TOC manually in a 200 page document.... TIA - Rob The bad news is you will have to create the TOC manually. Publisher is a page layout application. Word is better suited for what you are doing. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsof...