Linked Fields not Updating

I have a Macro attached to the start up of a FE Database. It runs a query
that updates a table with one date- That date is linked to all the other
tables in the DB.
You can't fill out the forms unless that date is filled in.
For some reason the tables won't pull in the date. The Macro and query ran.
The date was correct in the date table, but blank on the other tables.
I added it in by hand but am wonmdering how to fix this problem
Thanks in advance

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

I'm unclear what you mean by "that dates is linked to all the other tables in
the db."  How are you doing the linking? It sounds to me like you need to run
a separate query for each table to update the date.

"lovespar" wrote:

> I have a Macro attached to the start up of a FE Database. It runs a query
> that updates a table with one date- That date is linked to all the other
> tables in the DB.
> You can't fill out the forms unless that date is filled in.
> For some reason the tables won't pull in the date. The Macro and query ran.
> The date was correct in the date table, but blank on the other tables.
> I added it in by hand but am wonmdering how to fix this problem
> Thanks in advance

That would make sense to me too, however this DB has been operating for 2
years without  it. When I say linked, I mean in the Table link manager. Is
there any other way to get the date into the tables than seperate queries. I
am missing something here somewhere.

"mray29" wrote:

> I'm unclear what you mean by "that dates is linked to all the other tables in
> the db."  How are you doing the linking? It sounds to me like you need to run
> a separate query for each table to update the date.
>

> "lovespar" wrote:
>
> > I have a Macro attached to the start up of a FE Database. It runs a query
> > that updates a table with one date- That date is linked to all the other
> > tables in the DB.
> > You can't fill out the forms unless that date is filled in.
> > For some reason the tables won't pull in the date. The Macro and query ran.
> > The date was correct in the date table, but blank on the other tables.
> > I added it in by hand but am wonmdering how to fix this problem
> > Thanks in advance

On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 11:33:03 -0800, lovespar
<lovespar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>For some reason the tables won't pull in the date. The Macro and query ran.
>The date was correct in the date table, but blank on the other tables.

If you're expecting a query which updates one table to automagically update a
whole bunch of other tables at the same time, you're on the wrong track: it
won't.

What code or query or form operation enforces "You can't fill out the forms
unless that date is filled in"?

--
             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 11:33:03 -0800, lovespar
> <lovespar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >For some reason the tables won't pull in the date. The Macro and query ran.
> >The date was correct in the date table, but blank on the other tables.
>
> If you're expecting a query which updates one table to automagically update a
> whole bunch of other tables at the same time, you're on the wrong track: it
> won't.
>
> What code or query or form operation enforces "You can't fill out the forms
> unless that date is filled in"?
>
> --
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 08:54:00 -0700, lovespar
<lovespar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The form is automatically updated with the new date on Startup. Macro to
>Form, then a query updates the date in a Monthend Table. That table is linked
>to the other 9 tables in the linked table manager.

Well, then fix the error in the macro or the code.

If you would like help doing so please post some information about them. We
can't see your screen!
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

MS Word Updaters
I'm working on a PowerBook, OS 10.4.11 I had MS Office 2004 version 11.3.5. I downloaded the updaters from Microsoft website and in succession ran 11.3.7, 11.3.8, 11.3.9, 11.4.0. They all ran properly but when I restarted MS Word, it's information reads version 11.3.8 and I cannot rerun the updaters? Any idea what's going on. Am I running 11.4.0 and the info is wrong, or did the last two installers 11.3.9, 11.4.0 fail to work. By the way, I restarted and retried 11.3.9, 11.4.0 but to no avail. Marc In article <ee8dde3.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, mpkmac@officeformac.com...

Update Chart Source Data
I used the "Record Macro" function to get the code shown below. When I recorded the macro, the value of A1 was 392. But when I actually ran the macro, the value of A1 was 393. As you can see, the "Record Macro" function "hard coded" the value of 392. How can I make this work such that the SeriesCollection is updated with the CURRENT value of A1? Sheets("Chart2").Select Range("A1").Select Selection.Copy Sheets("Chart1").Select ActiveChart.PlotArea.Select Application.CutCopyMode = False Act...

Disabling a field from the onChange
Hi all, I have found similar questions to this one but can't seem to develop an OnChange event that works for me. I would like to disable a field (not hidden, just disabled) when a secondary field had data entered (eg; tick box ticked causes field #2 to become disabled). I'm sure this is a simple script but, as a novice with this, cannot seem to get it working. Any assistance would be much appreciated. -- Matt Pring Hi Matt. I found this en the SDK {Field}.Disabled So, when you want to disabled some field you need to do this. When your field change crmForm.all.name. Disab...

Money's account update, will it ever work again?
Well, it's been quite a while since i have been able to update my Money file from my bank. Any of you MVP's got any information on the problem, like when we can expect to use the software we paid for the way it was advertised to work.I know it's still down according to Microsoft's Money status site. http://moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.asp In microsoft.public.money, Insane Bill wrote: >Well, it's been quite a while since i have been able to update my Money file >from my bank. We don't know what your bank is. >Any of you MVP's got any ...

Linking cell in Excel to Folder in Outlook 2000
I have a contact list in Outlook that I wish to link to from Excel 2000 D:\MSOFFICE\OFFICE\OUTLOOK.EXE /select outlook:173 works perfectly from the RUN command. However, using the Hyperlink command in cell formatting does not. My wife runs a parking lot and needs to be able to click on a parking space, say 201 in Excel and have the clients contact information come up from Outlook. In this case the folder 173 contains all the information on a block of contacts 173 to 210. 173 is by default a .xnt file but Excel doesn't by default appear to be able to deal with one. Any ideas ? I obvio...

Export Fields in Design View of Access to Excel
Is there a way to take the fields in the Design view of a MS Access table (Field Name, Data Type and Description) and export that or copy and past it to excel? So for example, as we create our tables, we have Field Name Owner Data Type Text Description Owner of the Contact How could I export that...not the actual data in those fields but the field properties essentially? Did that make sense? Dano On Aug 21, 3:32 pm, SteveM <Ste...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Curious...why would you want to do that? > > You can get these field properties through VBA and then use ...

cannot access links in emails
This is the notice I get when I click on an email link. This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer -- Thanks, Ronjon444 ronjon444 wrote: > This is the notice I get when I click on an email link. > This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this > computer You are claiming that you have no knowledge of how to perform online searches? Google still works: http://www.google.com/search?q=%2B%22operation+has+been%22+cancelled+canceled+%2B%22due+to+restrictions+in+effect+on+this+computer%22 Operation ca...

Clearing content when field changes
I have a form that I need a few fields to clear when one field changes. Is there a way for this to happen. Here is the example. Current Comtech Level changes from 2 to 3. I need Passed Written Exam and Passed Practical Exam check marks to be cleared. Any thoughts? Thank you much, -- Scot Rawlings Technical Trainer Comcast Auburn, WA Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 04:06:55 GMT, "spcscooter via AccessMonster.com" <u30679@uwe> wrote: >I have a form that I need a few fields to clear when one field changes. Is >there a way for...

Open the Linked Table Manager from Button (?)
Is there a way to open the Linked Table Manager from a button click? -- Thanks, croy croy wrote: >Is there a way to open the Linked Table Manager from a >button click? DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdLinkedTableManager Even if that does what you ask, you should never expose thw link table manager to users. If they are not experts in linking tables, they can make a serious mess of things. Way better for you to use code to do the (re)linking based on a user selected file path. To select file/path see: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm Then to relink the ta...

Miscalculation of 2 fields?
In a database for a printing company, I've got a form that has a field for "Quantity" ordered and "Finished" total pieces created. When an order is written up the "Quantity" is filled in and the order goes into production. Once production is finished, a final count is taken including all extras and that count is entered into "Finished". Once "Finished" is updated and the user tries to exit the "Finished" box, a calculation is done to make sure the the value of "Finished" is not less than the value of "Quantity&qu...

JScript Help
hi i have two fields on contacts - enrolment source and id enrolment source is a picklist with two values 1 = A 2 = B What i want to do is have an event which says when enrolment source = A make the id mandatory else leave it as business required. following is the code that i am using under the on change event for enrolment source: if (crmForm.all.new_enrolmentsource.SelectedText == "Clinic") { crmForm.SetFieldReqLevel("new_patientformid", 2); } else { crmForm.all.new_enrolmentsource.SelectedText !="Clinic"; crmForm.SetFieldReqLevel("new_patientformid&qu...

How to Color a Box on a Report when Change in one Field's Data
I want to have a box on a report change it's back color from one color to another and back again on every change in a field called "CollectionCode." The box is in the detail section. It is not in its own section for stylistic reasons. However, it is the first field listed in the sort. Thanks, Matt doyle60@aol.com wrote: >I want to have a box on a report change it's back color from one color >to another and back again on every change in a field called >"CollectionCode." > >The box is in the detail section. It is not in its own...

Linking to a Document or Presentation
I have been having some difficulty establishing a hyperlink to a document or presentation. When in hte design mode i hit CTRL and the hyperlink and the Document opens fine. When i preview the web page i hit the link and nothing happens. I should note that when i link to a web site it works fine. It is just when trying to launch an applicaiton like word. Finally, i noticed in the source that the link address is preceeded by "File:\\\ Any ideas ...

Field
I'm inputting a note in the field text box and this will be saved as the last entry. When I go back into this box, the order of the entries will be all messed up. It will be marked as 2 entries before. I don't have any sorting order on the form. It just sorts itself by computer time. It will just take the last entry and put it in 2 entries before. Please help. > =A0I don't have any sorting > order on the form. =A0It just sorts itself by computer time. =A0It will j= ust take > the last entry and put it in 2 entries before. =A0Please help. There are a c...

Linking a Worksheet
I have a Workbook (Workbook A) with multiple Worksheets. I want to create a separate Workbook (Workbook B) and link it to one of the worksheets in Workbook A. The goal being that any updates to the worksheet in Workbook A will automatically update Workbook B. How do I do this? Hi open both workbook A and workbook B and choose the correct sheet in each - now choose window / arrange and Ok so that you can see them on the screen at the same time. Click in workbook B where you want a piece of information from workbook A and then type an = now click in workbook A (you'll have to cl...

displaying lookup fields
Can anyone help. I have created two tables customers and booking. From the booking table I have created a form for entering the booking information. For the customer field within this form I have used lookup columns from my customer table. In the booking form I click on the customer field and it correctly shows list of customers. I select the correct customer but the field only displays the first name. Is there a way I can select the customer and the filed to display both the first name and last name, address and postcode? I am desparate can you help? Firstly, I hope you are not usin...

Field type question
Can you use a check box instead of a radio button? ...

Send a Check Out Link?
When I right-click a document in SharePoint and select Copy Shortcut, the resulting link opens a read only copy when pasted into an e-mai. Is there a way to send a shortcut via e-mail that gives the recipient the option to check the document out rather than automatically opening a read only copy? For those who might be interested, I found the answer: 1. Click the down arrow that appears when you hover over a document 2. Click View Properties 3. Right-click Check Out 4. Select Copy Shortcut 5. Paste the shortcut into your message ...

To field shows empty in my meeting request
Hello, I sent the meeting request to my team members. The next day i opend the same request i am unable to view the invitee's name in the To field. To field appear " blank " I have checked in the scheduling & tracking area, there also invitee names are not appear. Can anyone help me to sortout the issue? I am using Outlook 2003 sp-3 ...

Link cell to axis maximum and mininum
Hi I have a big number of charts that I would like to change the X-axis maximun and minimum values in an easy way. It would be perfect just to asign e.g. the maximum value to a worksheet cell. Is it possible in any other way to change the chart axis max and min value for more than one chart at a time Best Regard Peter Hi have a look at the following site for an add-in that will achieve this http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/autochart/index.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Peter wrote: > Hi, > > I have a big number of charts that I would like to change the...

How to enable Intelligent Message Filter auto update?
I enable IMF auto update according to KB 907747, but it seem dosen't work. Why? I have installed SP2, and enable IMF in the Default Virtual SMTP Server. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907747 -- ----------------------------------------- http://gaosheng.blogchina.com ----------------------------------------- Hi, Found a solution yet? I'm having the same problem. Windows2003 sp1 & Exchange2003 sp2 "gaoaheng" <someone@microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:OTy0vS$FGHA.2568@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I enable IMF auto update according to KB 907747, but it ...

S&T 2010 updated maps
I just bought a box copy of S&T 2010 and upgraded my 2009 S&T installation. My main motive was to get the map errors out of the way. S&T 2009 is full of map errors and this makes it about worthless for me. When I got S&T 2010 installed I checked some of the known map errors and they are still there. For example, in northwestern Oklahoma, along U.S. Highway 60, west of the town of Arnett, the rural road numbers on either side of the highway don't match. Also, the town of Harmon, 12 miles east of Arnett is half a mile west of its actual positron. Several other s...

CRM 4.0 Rollup Update 9
Hi all, Now I have CRM 4.0 without Rollup Update (New installation) and I want install Rollup update 9 (after install Rollup Update 7 for client and Datamanager). My question is: There are many registry key that I must change but I don't understand which registry keys I must change client side, which registry keys I must change server side and which registry keys I must change booth client and server side. Can you explain me? Thanks Hi Davide- Which registry keys are you thinking of changing? Are you referring the the Update Rollup KB where you can manually enable some fixes ...

Links in Outlook 2002
When I open an E-mail that contains a web link and I click on it, it goes to Windows Explorer and looks for a .exe file?? Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing so it will go directly to the website? Thanks for the help. John John <jtswanwick@comcast.net> wrote: > When I open an E-mail that contains a web link and I > click on it, it goes to Windows Explorer and looks for > a .exe file?? Is there a setting somewhere that I am > missing so it will go directly to the website? Thanks > for the help. When it want to browse for the .exe file, direct it to C:...

How to import ole fields to a SQL Server db
Hi, I have an access db. In a table I have an ole field where I have lots of Word Docs stored. I need to pass all the Access database data to a new SQL Server database, but I have a problem, the word docs... It seems that Access put an header to the docs stored in its ole field, but I can't find it. Anyone can help me? Thank you in advance Roberto Cerulli Hi Roberto, Yes, documents stored in an Access OLE field don't consist just of the contents of the file but also include a wrapper with information about the parent application of the document and usually a preview image. I don...