lines of text...notes box

I have created a custom database for our marketing woman, I have designed the
table and layout...but I have created a Notes box for the user to enter
information into.

But the notes box is getting full and I would like to configure it so the
notes box can be unlimited rows or attach a text file to the table if
needed...I have read somewhere thatg the notes box is limited to 255 lines is
that right??

any help gratefully recieved but please be aware I dont know much about access
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Mister Bobzi,

Rather than defining the notes area as a Text field, make its properties a
Memo field.

A Memo field can hold up to 65,536 characters.

        Alan

"Mister Bobzi" <MisterBobzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created a custom database for our marketing woman, I have designed
>the
> table and layout...but I have created a Notes box for the user to enter
> information into.
>
> But the notes box is getting full and I would like to configure it so the
> notes box can be unlimited rows or attach a text file to the table if
> needed...I have read somewhere thatg the notes box is limited to 255 lines
> is
> that right??
>
> any help gratefully recieved but please be aware I dont know much about
> access

0
Alan
5/6/2007 10:15:12 PM
I also should have mentioned that the maximum size of a Text field is 255
CHARACTERS, not 255 LINES.

        Alan

"Alan" <inthegalaxy@solarsystem.huh> wrote in message
> Hi Mister Bobzi,
>
> Rather than defining the notes area as a Text field, make its properties a
> Memo field.
>
> A Memo field can hold up to 65,536 characters.
>
>        Alan
>
> "Mister Bobzi" <MisterBobzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have created a custom database for our marketing woman, I have designed
>>the
>> table and layout...but I have created a Notes box for the user to enter
>> information into.
>>
>> But the notes box is getting full and I would like to configure it so the
>> notes box can be unlimited rows or attach a text file to the table if
>> needed...I have read somewhere thatg the notes box is limited to 255
>> lines is
>> that right??
>>
>> any help gratefully recieved but please be aware I dont know much about
>> access

0
Alan

printing text only in labels not the included clip art
I am working with labels in mail merge, after adding clip art in the addresses my printer will only print the text. My printer is a Lexmark S508. I had it working a week ago but not anymore. Apart from this problem the printer is working fine and prints brilliant pictures in full colour. Thank You Roy. You might try turning of Background printing. I've found this option can send the text to your printer before your images. The location of this option depends on the version of Word you are using: - Word 2007: Click the Office Button, click Options, and under Print Options ...

Converting Excel table with multi-line cells into Access DB
Hello ~ I need to export a MSWord table to an Access table. The original Word table contains multiple lines of text in each cell, separated with carriage-return(line return). .. I would like to retain these multiple lines within in each destination field in Access or Excel I have the following structure in my Word table: Column1: PhotoID (alphanumeric,single line) Column2: Image of the photos(jpeg/bmp) Column3: Description(text, multiline) Column4: Code#(alphanumeric, single line) Column5: Notes(text, multiline) In short, how do you tranfer those multi-line cells(with carriage-return...

Line Spacing and Line Justification
I am a Publisher novice. On a blank page I pasted a PowerPoint Presentation slide. Below the slide I drew a line and copied that same line multiple times. How do I make the spacing between theses lines of equal ditance? How do I align these lines so that they are basically at the same starting point on the left side of the page? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Regards, Mercury The best way would be to create guidelines. Select your created line, while holding the ctrl, (the cursor will turn into a + sign) pull the copy to the next guideline. If you go the copy route, ...

Skipping a line by condition
Thanks for reading this. I have a report that is grouped by [positiontitle] in a two column report. It prints out ok. The thing is what I want it to do is when a new [positiontitle] comes up I want it to skip a line in the report. For example: Worker George Fred Non Worker Bill Tom The way it comes up now is: Worker George Tom Non Worker Bill Tom The [positiontitle] is located in the header of the report. Thanks for your help. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/2...

Change Number to Actual Text
I would like to change a number to actual text, for example: 1 would be 'one' or 1278 would be 'one thousand two hundred seventy-eight' Is this possible? Thanks! Jimmi ...

In Excel -- How do I cross out (strike through) text?
In Exel -- How do I cross out (strike through) text? Select the cell you want to format. Then, go to the Format menu, choose Cells, then the Font tab. There, check the "Strikethrough" checkbox. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "E.Walsh" <E.Walsh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BD0B20E-DE93-4F5F-90F8-83CF908C622C@microsoft.com... > In Exel -- How do I cross out (strike through) text? ...

Step Line Charts
Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vertical. Hi Carrie, You Will need some form of extra data to get excel to create a step chart. Take a look at these methods. (http://www.andypope.info/charts/stepchart.htm) Carrie wrote: > Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vert...

Line colors in a bargraph
ColorNum and m_Array are set before entry which works fine except for all bars are outlined in black which is not a major problem, but would like to eliminate. How do I draw the line in the code below a different color than the bars? Below is a snip from my BarChart() routine: CBrush BlackBrush(RGB(10,10,10)); CBrush CyanBrush(RGB(1,39,229)); CBrush MagentaBrush(RGB(176,4,174)); CBrush YellowBrush(RGB(187,176,3)); CBrush GrayBrush(RGB(230,230,230)); if (m_Array.GetSize()) { // ***** THE PROBLEM IS HERE WHERE I WOULD LIKE THE DRAWN LINE TO BE LIGHT GRAY ***** MemDC.Sele...

outlook 2007 now has blury text
I don't think this is the IE 7 issue with blurry text i had to fix when i installed that. Why is the text now default to this blurry gray text? thanks! ...

Converting variable text strings to numeric
I've imported some word tables into excel, the 'numbers' have spaces instead of commas and consequently are read as text. The 'numbers' vary from single integer to millions For example 1 101 335 293 207 23 113 101 19 While I can use the left, mid and right functions for the millions that formula is unworkable for other numbers. Any ideas, or do I have to get a VB programmer to write a function for me? Hi! Try using Find/Replace Select the range Goto Edit>Replace Find What: enter a space by hitting the space bar Replace With: nothing...

In Publisher when making a poster can u slant text
I am designing a sign for the side of my van with my details on and would like to slant some of the text to stop it looking dull. Is it possible An Italic font? A draw program will allow you to do this. Publisher is not the best design program for what you have in mind. Might try DrawPlus http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/ -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bodgit" <Bodgit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93F352C3-8FB7-4DD3-9C82-D5CB444A4809@microsoft.com... >I am designing a sign for ...

Removing Text
I have a long column that has text in it. Ex: A1= joe1-g-mex.state.city A2= bill22-g-mex.state.city B3= mary-g-mex.state.city I need to be able to remove everything from the dot (.) to the end leaving only the first part that is up unto the (.) but not including the (.) To make it look like this: A1= joe1-g-mex A2= bill22-g-mex B3= mary-g-mex Thanks for any help!!! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ In B1, put =LEFT(A1,FIND("."...

Text on button getting smaller every time I press it
Hi, I've created a button on a worksheet, but recently every time I press it the text on it gets smaller and smaller (it's virtually disappeared as I use it to initiate a userform I am working on / testing). Any idea why this might be? Regards, JVLin ...

OWA - Hangs "Loading" Inbox
2 of our OWA servers have recently stopped functioning. The login appears ok and the interface starts to load, but the fonts are wrong (times new roman is shown) and the inbox doesn't load at all, showing "Loading..." I've searched the forums/web and can see many people had the same issue, but have found no fixes that work. "Error on Page" Line: 56 Char: 1 Error: Object expected. Any suggestions or help really will be gratefully received. Thanks I had this same issue except one of my owa boxes would work and the other one didn't. I don't have a KB ar...

Please help me .... (CListCtrl multi-line column)
Dear all, I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data displayed in the control contains multiple lines. By default, the control displays the multiple-line text in a single line. In the multiple-line text, it uses "\r\n" (CR-LF). How can I set the column of CListCtrl to display the column text in multiple line like the data cell in Excel? -- Kathy This is the nearest i can find. Hope it helps http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/controls/lists,treesandcombos/article.php/c2291/ "Kathy" wrote: > Dear all, > > I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data di...

How to: text color depend on value
Anyone know how to make the text change colors, depending on what valu certain data is? I'm sure it's easy... -- bobsmith58 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bobsmith58d's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1452 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26148 bobsmith58d Wrote: > Anyone know how to make the text change colors, depending on what valu > certain data is? I'm sure it's easy.... Go to Format/Cells/Custom and inside the "Type" box, choose th...

Line chart with value on the line
Hi, I have implement a line chart by thousands of data rows for a stock. Now I want to show values on 10 particular points with the lable E.g, one extra column for displaying the label. TradeDate Ticker Close Label 04/01/1999 1234 63.67 05/01/1999 1234 63 06/01/1999 1234 63 Mr. A buy 07/01/1999 1234 67.33 08/01/1999 1234 68.33 11/01/1999 1234 68.67 Mr. B buy Does anyone teach me how to do this ?? thanks Ginola "Ginola" <ginola@fake.email.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3fdc1aa6.8209734@msnews.microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have implement a line chart b...

removing black lines
Sometimes I type an underline bar across the page. At the end of the page I'll hit the return (enter) key. When I do, the underline bar turns into a big black bar. Then I can't get rid of it. It just stays there. How can I get rid of this black bar? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> &...

Formula showing in cell as text
This is a new one on me. After entering a formula, instead of seeing blank cell or the result of the formula in the cell, I'm seeing th text of the formula as I normally would see it displayed in the formul bar. I can't seem to get it to calculate or stop showing the formula a text in the cell. One additional odd thing, going to TOOLS>FORMULA AUDITING>EVALUAT FORMULA, everything looks normal, with two exceptions; one a statemen "The cell currently being evaluated contains a constant", is displaye in the dialog box and all but the CLOSE button are grayed out. What I ha...

want to filter out emails, with subjest line starting with a specfic sring
Hi All, I am using MS outlook 2003, I am trying to find out how can i create a rule to filter out emails with subject line starting with a specific string, but not to filter if that string is in the middle of subject line. i.e. lets take the sting as Foo Filer if Foo is in the starting don't filter if if the Foo is not in the starting. if any of you aware of the trick to make this happen please let me know, i tried to google it, but couldn't find anything related to it. Thanks Anand outlook doesn't offer anyway to build that sort of rule. If you can coun...

Line graph question
How do I get my date axes (the horizontal axes) to start at zero followed by the first day of the month. -- WH99 Hi, If your dates are entered in the spreadsheet as dates then you may have problems - Excel stores dates as numbers so today is 39594 and 0 would be January 0, 1900. This would tend to spread the x-axis out quite a ways. If your dates are not entered as dates then make the first entry 0,0 - that is put another entry in the data area whose date value is 0 and whose value is 0. There are potential problems with this approach - each entry will be spaced equidistant apart ...

Search Macro with Cell text colour replacement
This is a similar question to one posted by tobiasescalante. Thanks to Frank Kabel for his original reply to my email Ok- here's the question. I have a single sheet excel file and I want to search through column G for number of key words - e.g. open, closed, assigned, submitted, duplicate etc et For each occurence of "opened" I want to change the text on th corresponding cell in Column E to Red. For each occurrence of "closed I want to change column E cell text to Green, etc, etc. I can't use Conditional Formatting as I have more than 3 options Any help much appreciate...

reading line by line
Dear all, I have a big problem, but I don't known how excel can solve it. I have a sheet with like it: process process_line status values_USD 0255155 10 44 10 0255155 20 44 20 0255156 10 33 11 0255156 20 44 21 0256157 10 33 12 0256157 20 33 22 0256157 30 33 23 0256158 10 ...

Text to Columns issue with Date & Time #2
Apparently the answer was simpler than I thought. The suggestion o copying the column and then formating the orignal and the new colum for date and time respectively worked fine. I also tried the 'text to columns' solution with 'other' checked an the <Alt> 0160 but that did not work for me. I probably did somethin wrong. I have a workable solution, so thank you all for your input -- C Andrew ----------------------------------------------------------------------- C Andrews's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1625 View this th...

Adding a line to the line/column chart?
Is there anyway I can add a second line to the line/column chart? Basically I have 3 sets of data that I want to plot vs. time on the same graph. 1 using the column format, the other 2 being lines connected by data points. Create the chart using all the data, right click on the one you want to change to a line and select chart type from the dialogue box and choose the type you want. There are a few restrictions on the mix you can have though. -- John MOS Master Instructor Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "Steven"...