Let's pick a replacement for this (Access) newsgroup 2

There were two big threads on the original 6/1/10 post in the General
Questions and New User sections.

The gist of the original post was:  Folks have recommended various sites to
replace this (Access) newsgroup for when poor-listener Microsoft drops it.
Why don't we pick a replacement to give it the "critical mass" to fully
replace this one? If interested, please respond to this with your
recommendation.  Also, if you feel like it, in case this goes dead, send me
an email with your email address at North9000 at gmail dot com and I'll try to
collect / send out the news/results. (via blind cc)"

Since then some have voted for www.utteraccess.com, and some had advocated
using newsgroups directly, which (in my limited understanding) apparently
will somewhat live on,   I still don't know "full usenet designation" to
cross post, and am putting this one only here, sort of refreshed, because the
original post has slipped to page 3. .
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I'm sure there is already a "critical mass" at Utter Access, so I am hoping
that some of us will populate a newsgroup, or another, perhaps less popular,
private forum.

My suggestion for a newsgroup is in my SIG.  For those who don't have a news
server, Eternal September appears to have as good feedback as any free news
server.  I've been using "news.individual.net" operated by the Free
University of Berlin, text-only, no graphics, inexpensive but not free, and
it's generally worked well with Outlook Express.

--
Larry Linson, Microsoft Office Access MVP
Co-author: "Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions", published by Wiley

"Fred" <Fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There were two big threads on the original 6/1/10 post in the General
> Questions and New User sections.
>
> The gist of the original post was:  Folks have recommended various sites
> replace this (Access) newsgroup for when poor-listener Microsoft drops it.
> Why don't we pick a replacement to give it the "critical mass" to fully
> replace this one? If interested, please respond to this with your
> recommendation.  Also, if you feel like it, in case this goes dead, send
> me
> an email with your email address at North9000 at gmail dot com and I'll
> try to
> collect / send out the news/results. (via blind cc)"
>
> Since then some have voted for www.utteraccess.com, and some had advocated
> using newsgroups directly, which (in my limited understanding) apparently
> will somewhat live on,   I still don't know "full usenet designation" to
> cross post, and am putting this one only here, sort of refreshed, because
> the
> original post has slipped to page 3. .

0
Access
6/4/2010 8:10:15 PM
=?Utf-8?B?RnJlZA==?= <Fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I still don't know "full usenet designation" to
> cross post, and am putting this one only here, sort of refreshed,
> because the original post has slipped to page 3. .

You also don't understand anything about how a news reader works,
because there is no page 3 in a news reader.

Try it -- you'll likely wish you'd tried it long before.

David

Access doesn't see decimal point!
Hello, I have linked to an Oracle table using Access 2003. The Oracle table contains a PRICE field which has decimal data such as 15.50. When querying this data with Access, 1550 is displayed. The decimal point is missing! On my other computer which has Access 2002, 15.50 is correctly displayed. What could be the issue? Any info would be appreciated. Thank you, H I thought of that as well, but the regional settings are the same. English - Canada The strange thing is that the data being displayed by the Access query does have decimal places because when I do a query for (PRICE < 2.00...

Find and Replace
Could you please elaborate what is the function of Control Find and Replace. Especially when using it to replace a formula to a new coloum It find stated values and replaces them with your stated replacement. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "bio" <bio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A683A659-04C2-4D2B-B9CB-147D6291A8B5@microsoft.com... > Could you please elaborate what is the function of Control Find and > Replace. > Especially when using it to replace a formula to a new coloum ...

Combining a 2-D column graph and a 2-D line graph on the same char
I would like to show a 2-D column graph and a 2-D line graph on the same chart. The independent variable on the X-axis (name of employee) is the same for both graphs. The dependent variables on the y-axis are different: (1) years of experience (column graph), (2) cumulative years of experience (line graph). I need to use two different scales for the y-axis to make both graphs visible, as the year of experience of the employees ranges between 1 and 40 years and the cumulative years of experience ranges between 1 and 1500 years. The input data for the graphs are listed in three co...

May anyone help to receive MS RMS 2.0 for testing?
May anyone help to receive DEMO-install vertion MS RMS 2.0 for testing? For example upload to your ftp and I download. Thanks in advance about your understanding and answer. On Jun 29, 3:02 am, RedFoxUA <RedFo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > May anyone help to receive DEMO-install vertion MS RMS 2.0 for testing? For > example upload to your ftp and I download. > > Thanks in advance about your understanding and answer. Try contacting New West Technologies. They are awesome RMS resellers and they might offer a 30 day demo of RMS. You can find them at http://www.new...

picking out matched data
I have 2 different sets of data each with 3 columns. I am going to place the 2 sets of data on Sheet 1 of a spreadsheet and Sheet 2 of a spreadsheet. The data in a row across the 3 columns pertains to each other. This is true for the data on each sheet. I need to take the data from sheet 1 and have it match up with any entries that exist on sheet 2, and have it show these matches on sheet 3. The problem is the data in sheet 1 and 2 are not exactly the same. On sheet 1 the data is: Customer Name, Transaction#, Acct#. On Sheet 2 the data is: Customer Name, Reference #, Acct#...

Two CRM Servers (1.2 and 3.0) in the same domain?
Is it possible to install a CRM 3.0 in a domain that it's already been used for CRM 1.2? I want to install in a different server, but using the same domain for authentication. We use the 1.2 for sales and the 3.0 we want to use for development. -- Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional–Microsoft CRM Applications Professional Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional–Microsoft CRM Customization Yes you should be able to. Just create a new OU in Active Directory to install CRM 3.0 in. It's also in 3.0 it's not tied to any Organization name, so you ca...

Problem writing to an "ini" file in Access 2007
I have been trying to use Access 2007 VBA to write values to an ini file. Here is my code: System.PrivateProfileString("OurInformation.ini", TypeOfData, VariableName) = VariableValue This works fine in Word 2007 but I keep getting a 429 error in Access ("ActiveX component can't create object"). Why can't I write and read from an ini file in Access when I can in Word? Should I be using some other code to write/read to an ini file? "LA Lawyer" <hkapp@kapplaw.com> wrote in message news:%23Mw9TQ21KHA.3868@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl......

Problem with links #2
I upgraded to service pack 2 last week. I use Outlook for mail and since the SP2 install, every time I click on a link to a web page in an email it takes me to a folder named "nt". What is happening? And what do I need to do. Thanks. ...

Formatting Subtotals #2
When using Data, Subtotals to create subtotals in a detailed spreadsheet, how do I set the format so that all subtotal lines are bolded and are followed by a specified number of blank rows? One option - Collapse the sheet to show only the subtotals, then select visible cells only (F5>Special>Visible Cells only) Then Bold those cells and, instead of adding empty rows, make the subtotal rows taller and format them with the vertical alignment at the top "slh" wrote: > When using Data, Subtotals to create subtotals in a detailed spreadsheet, > how do I set the f...

replace N/A by a blank
How do i replace a #N/A that I get sometimes in a Vlookup by A blank ? or the value if eveything is fine TKS One way: =IF(ISNA(MATCH(A1,Sheet2!A:A,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE) In article <C7212BB1-1BC7-4546-ADFD-1985ED9AE697@microsoft.com>, yyy <yyy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do i replace a #N/A that I get sometimes in a Vlookup by A blank ? or > the value if eveything is fine > > TKS ...

Access 2003 and Sharepoint
My company is moving most of our files into Sharepoint -- however, it seems no one could explain how Sharepoint is going to affect our current Access database. Can someone please enlighten me regarding Sharepoint and how it will benefit us if our Access database is stored in it? Will it make accessing the database faster through our network? Right-now our database is stored in a network drive and depending on where we are located from the server -- it may take long to accesst the data. Or any sites that will help explain the process of Sharepoint. Thank you, Sharon You cannot store your A...

MS Office #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have Student Teacher version 2008. I have MS Office installed on three different MAC's with three individual codes (Allows for three installs). When MS Office is running on my wife's MAC Book, and I run it my iMAC, I get an error message that I'm exceeding the licenses. I'm not. How do I get this to stop?? ...

Xpath problems #2
Hi, I'm trying to display the data from my typed dataset on a page using the Xml web control. I have the following code: Xm1.Document = new XmlDataDocument(ds); Using the debugger, I found that the xml representation of my dataset looks like the following: [code:1:877c35039f] <dsData> <Entry> <Title>Test</Title> <Description>This is a test</Description> </Entry> </dsData> [/code:1:877c35039f] My xsl file looks like this [code:1:877c35039f] <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <xsl:stylesheet...

Restricting Access to specific functions and overriding Lock recor
Hi, We have just implemented CRM 3.0 and things are going very well. However, I would like to restrict some of the functionality of the sales people in the team. I would like to disable the ability for them to assign records to themselves i.e. records created will automatically be assigned to the owner of the Company record? I have checked the security roles but cannot see how to do this? Also Is there a security setting that lets a user over ride locked records for example when a quote has been activated it cannot be changed, what if we want to change it can this be done? Thanks for ...

outlook web access cant reply to a message
i have a strange situation where i can use the same account from two different pcs and on one owa connection i can call up a message and hit reply and get a reply window, fill it in and send it. on the other machine i can hit reply and no window comes up and the message i am reading will go away. i can log on to the machine where the problem is under a different account and not have the problem with owa doing replies. i think it must be either outlook or ie related with that user's config on that machine. have you had this before? I was about to suggest that you look for a popu...

Find and Replace in Access 2007
I have address columns: 705 First St #5 804 Main St #16 I just want to remove the pound (#) signs. How do find/replace for just the #? I tried the Replace Function but it deletes the entire cell. I also tried the RemoveAlpha but I get an error saying its an undefined function. BACKUP DATABASE BACKUP DATABASE Try this -- Replace([YourField], Chr(35), "") -- Build a little, test a little. "lil lam" wrote: > I have address columns: > > 705 First St #5 > > 804 Main St #16 > > I just want to remove the ...

Page 2 of Custom Template

Recreate VLookup in MS Access 2003 Form Using DLookup.....
PLEASE!!! Don’t reply back and tell me to use DLookup() unless you also provide the coding I need as well. I have been trying for weeks to use DLookup() and cannot code the query properly and I am VERY frustrated. The MS Excel VLOOKUP query I am trying to recreate in MS Access 2003 is as follows: =IF(VLOOKUP(EG2,EH:EI,2,FALSE)=B2,"Good",VLOOKUP(EG2,EH:EI,2,FALSE)) Example "Config No": MTU0301-0010 Example "Concatenated Config No_4" data: 0020000100050001000100010001000200050001000100010003000200030001000200030001000100040004000200010001000...

Making pick list conditional on selection from previous pick list
I would like to know how to make a pick list (a "list" of names) conditional on what was picked in the previous column pick list (e.g. of the 4 main areas of a plant (pick list/ column A), there are anywhere from 3 to 5 sections within each main area. I would like to format/program the second pick list (coumn B) to only show the list of sections corresponding to the 'main area' selected in column A. Then I need to do this for a third pick list (specific equipment). If you have an example, it would be appreciated. Thank you. Hi Stewart, See Debra Dalgleish's Depend...

2 account Different passwords
I have two credit card accounts at the same bank, each with its own password. How do I set up both for online banking? Money locks up when I try to change the password for the second account and try to download account data. In microsoft.public.money, John wrote: >I have two credit card accounts at the same bank, each >with its own password. How do I set up both for online >banking? Money locks up when I try to change the >password for the second account and try to download >account data. See FAQ entry http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q76 but replace bank with CC co...

If Function. #2
I have two cells in my spreadsheet which have information. One or the other should have a number, text or whatever, but not both of them. What I want is to create an if function to light up a specified cell with these arrows ← ← ← ←, if both of them have data in them and to remain blank if only one of them has data. Try a formula of =AND(A1<>"",A2<>"") -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "GEM" <GEM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE9382FA-3A80-45A5-8746-C966A7315634@microsoft.com... >I have two cells in my...

Replication Issue #2
Background: previously had two 5.5 sites in same org with directory replication connector running over X400. Now mostly moved to 2003 with just 2 5.5 bridgeheads left. It's now time to remove them! I removed the dirsynch connector, hoping that this would remove the synchronised entries from each address list (as happened in testing!) - unfortunately it didn't, so old synchronised entries remain in the address list (as viewed through Outlook) - GAL in Exch5.5 Admin shows them to have disappeared from each site as expected. How do I clear these entries from the address book that ...

How do I change highlight colour in Find and Replace
This applies to Word 2007. I saw the previous answer from you Danish MVP, however when I go into the Find & Replace function, the Find item is highlighted in blue even thought the font highlight colour is yellow. The only time the Find item is highlighted in yellow is if the option 'Reading Highlight -> Highlight All' is selected. I would like to change the highlight colour only where there next Find item is selected, which is the default of the Find & Replace function. Thanks in advance, Charles As far as I know, you cannot customize the color that indicates...

HR Requisitions access
I am unable to give access applicant requisitions for the company, division, position and department fields. This same user is able to enter these fields on the employee maintenance card. I have tried everything I can think of in the security setup but can't get past this. We don't want this person to see any actual payroll information (wages, etc). Thank you for any help with this. Tracey D ...

Outlook97 can't access Exchange Server 5.0
Hi, When ever I try to go into the control panel and configure the mail option, I receive a "information store couldn't be open" error message. I've removed and reinstalled Outlook97 but still receive the same message. I've also installed client for Exchange with the same result. Workstation: Windows NT 4.0 w/office97 What would be the proper way to resolve the problem? Thanks! "Travis S." <stravis@hotmail.com> wrote: >When ever I try to go into the control panel and configure the mail option, >I receive a "information store couldn't...