Let's pick a replacement for this (Access) newsgroup 2

There were two big threads on the original 6/1/10 post in the General
Questions and New User sections.

The gist of the original post was:  Folks have recommended various sites to
replace this (Access) newsgroup for when poor-listener Microsoft drops it.
Why don't we pick a replacement to give it the "critical mass" to fully
replace this one? If interested, please respond to this with your
recommendation.  Also, if you feel like it, in case this goes dead, send me
an email with your email address at North9000 at gmail dot com and I'll try to
collect / send out the news/results. (via blind cc)"

Since then some have voted for www.utteraccess.com, and some had advocated
using newsgroups directly, which (in my limited understanding) apparently
will somewhat live on,   I still don't know "full usenet designation" to
cross post, and am putting this one only here, sort of refreshed, because the
original post has slipped to page 3. .
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I'm sure there is already a "critical mass" at Utter Access, so I am hoping
that some of us will populate a newsgroup, or another, perhaps less popular,
private forum.

My suggestion for a newsgroup is in my SIG.  For those who don't have a news
server, Eternal September appears to have as good feedback as any free news
server.  I've been using "news.individual.net" operated by the Free
University of Berlin, text-only, no graphics, inexpensive but not free, and
it's generally worked well with Outlook Express.

--
Larry Linson, Microsoft Office Access MVP
Co-author: "Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions", published by Wiley

"Fred" <Fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There were two big threads on the original 6/1/10 post in the General
> Questions and New User sections.
>
> The gist of the original post was:  Folks have recommended various sites
> replace this (Access) newsgroup for when poor-listener Microsoft drops it.
> Why don't we pick a replacement to give it the "critical mass" to fully
> replace this one? If interested, please respond to this with your
> recommendation.  Also, if you feel like it, in case this goes dead, send
> me
> an email with your email address at North9000 at gmail dot com and I'll
> try to
> collect / send out the news/results. (via blind cc)"
>
> Since then some have voted for www.utteraccess.com, and some had advocated
> using newsgroups directly, which (in my limited understanding) apparently
> will somewhat live on,   I still don't know "full usenet designation" to
> cross post, and am putting this one only here, sort of refreshed, because
> the
> original post has slipped to page 3. .

0
Access
6/4/2010 8:10:15 PM
=?Utf-8?B?RnJlZA==?= <Fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I still don't know "full usenet designation" to
> cross post, and am putting this one only here, sort of refreshed,
> because the original post has slipped to page 3. .

You also don't understand anything about how a news reader works,
because there is no page 3 in a news reader.

Try it -- you'll likely wish you'd tried it long before.

David