Is this possible in Access?

I have searched and searched for the 'perfect bingo program'. I have a few, but they don't do exactly what I want.I would like to create custom pages for printing, with one or two cards on each page. B4 landscape for single cards, B4 Portrait for doubles. A total of 50 pages for singles, 25 for doubles.On each page, I want to place a 5x5 grid with the numbers 1-25 placed at random. This I will do manually, I don't need access to generate random patterns for each page.Then, I would like to load a series of pictures, saved with the file names 1.jpg-25.jpeg.On each page, based on the numbers in each cell of the grid, I would like the pictures to replace the numbers.What I am hoping for is that with some type of  'template' I could load any series of pictures numbered from 1-25, have the pictures appear in the appropriate location on the cards, and be able to print them out.E.g., In a folder named 'Fruits & Veggies' 25 pictures of fruits and vegetables, numbered 1-25, in a folder named sports, pictures of sports numbered 1-25, etc.Anyway, if you think this is possible in Acess, I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.If not, and you have any suggestion on how to accomplish this, I welcome any and all.I have seen this type of thing done with Java, but it outputs the prints to a Web page, and it's impossible to format for the type of printing I want to do.
0
James
3/27/2007 8:02:42 AM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Read XML file as an Access table?
Is there any way to process an XML file as an Access table or does the XML have to be imported to a table first? I did some experiments and XML processing appears to be extremely slow; is there any way to speed it up? Thanks. ...

Access 2007 Compact problems
I've just installed SP1 for Access 2007. Before the Service Pack, Compact and Repair would create a new compacted file called Database.mdb but wouldn't rename it to the name of the original file (which is what happened in Access 2003). Now it doesn't create a copy at all! Note that this only happens if you are Compacting a file on a network drive. It works fine on a local drive (but since all my work is on a network drive, it's a hassle to say the least) I suppose this is a fix for the intermittent problem whereby Compact would sometimes delete the file altogether (thankfully...

Is it possible

Personal Folders in OWA

Limit User Access to certain Vendors
Is there a way to do this that anyone knows of while still allowing access to the rest of the vendors? Eric, I can't see how you would be able to do this without a customization. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Eric Huebschman" <eric@thccorp.com> wrote in message news:38762F86-EE70-446A-8DA0-BAAB1C72CEE8@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to do this that anyone knows of while still allowing access > to the rest of the vendors? On Sep 10, 4:00 pm, "Victoria [MVP]" <victo...@flex-solutions.com> wrote: > Eric, &...

Cannot access OWA with Macintosh client
We're running Exchange 2003 in a 2003 AD envoironment. We have one Macintosh user, with browser IE 5.2 for Mac, who cannot access OWAfrom his home. From what I understand, it says it's trying to reach the loopback address 127.0.0.1 and just hangs there after he enters his username and password. I've checked and that version of IE for Mac is compatible. Any thoughts ? thanks chrism ...

Saving Record using Access FE to SQL BE
I'm using Access 2003 on the front end and SQL 2000 on the backend. When I click on a button on the front end form to save a newly created record, what's the coding to save that record to the SQL server table? The form source is linked to the sql table. Thanks for your help, Blane -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com If you've created linked tables to SQL Server and are binding the linked tables to your forms, you don't need to do anything to save the data: it'll automatically be saved when you move to another record, just as it does when you're ...

Access Problem
Hi I am running MS ACCESS XP and i cannot open anything when i create a new database, nothing happens when i click create table by wizards, design etc. the same applies to forms. I have tried eveerything including reinstalling, any ideas i there anyway to completely unistall office from my computer because i believe i have a corrupted installion that may be causing the problem thanks for your time On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 14:29:31 -0800 (PST), Mikejack2007uk@googlemail.com wrote: You can start uninstall using the setup program. After that, additional cleanup is possible. For example these arti...

Accessing Add-Ins Tab
Hello, I recently installed Office 2007 Enterprise Edition on my laptop. During the installation it prompted me if I would like to upgrade or to remove all the previous versions (Office 2003). I opted to remove and do a custom install so that I could install some add-ins to some of the Office applications. My problem is that when I try to access the Excel Add-Ins tab that displays upon clicking on the Excel Options button I get an error. The error comes up in an a dialog box stating that "Microsoft Office Excel has encounter a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the in...

Export Access Data Project Queries to old Access .mdb file
I want to copy Access Data Project queries from a project into a new .mdb file. What is the best way to do this? In the new .mdb go to the menu bar, click file, Get external data, and Import. Select the orignal .mdb file and then the items. >-----Original Message----- >I want to copy Access Data Project queries from a project into a new .mdb >file. What is the best way to do this? >. > ...

Administrator doesn't access CRM
I can't access the Microsoft CRM through the server with the Administrator account. Does anybody know what may be happening? I only see the Error 401 (Access Denied) after the third try. -- Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional–Microsoft CRM Applications Professional Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional–Microsoft CRM Customization ...

Money 2001 will not let me access the program
Keep getting a "runtime" error. I have reinstalled several time with MS WorksSuite (came with my Dell). Even downloaded 2001 from a shareware site. No luck. Anyone have suggestions? Try opening the Sample data file from the program files\microsoft money folder. If that works, see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=131. "rufus" <rufusmckee@msn.com> wrote in message news:1aefc01c44f30$80f941e0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Keep getting a "runtime" error. I have reinstalled > several time with MS WorksSuite (came with my Dell). Even > downloaded 2001 f...

Access 2002/Access 97
I have developed databases used by numerous users in Access 97.I am looking to upgrade my version of Access to 2002, but all the users will remain in 97. Are there there any risks to this? Will I be able to develop in 2002 and save down to 97 without any issues. I strongly advise against trying to develop in 2002 and convert back to 97. You should keep developing in 97 as long as your users do. However, you can have multiple versions of Access on your computer, so you can install 2002 while retaining 97. -- --Roger Carlson www.rogersaccesslibrary.com Reply to: Roger dot Carlson at ...

"Filter for" context menu item for Access 2007
One of my most commonly used commands in previous versions of Access was the "Filter for" command available in the context menu when right clicking a field in a table or query. Is this feature available in Access 2007? The filter by form is not what I want because it requires many more operations to set up for a quick temporary filter than the "Filter for" menu command. I would frequently type SQL statements such as "A or B or C or D" in the "Filter For" filter command in Access 2003 and earlier. ...

Who can convert an Access 2000 application to Access 2007 for me?
I'm looking for an individual, or company, to convert an Access 2000 application to Access 2007. Where do I find such people? Does anyone here know anyone that has done this (and knows what they're doing)? If your database is mission critical, or large and complex, continue to seek proffesional help. If not, make a copy, open it in A2007 and convert it with the option in the Office Button. For proffesional help, search through this group. Many of the MVP's and others, contribute here freely but also provide services proffesionally. Go through the last few days' postiings...

How to get Access to ignore subform records when browsing form
I have an Access 2007 form that has a primary record in the main form that draws data from three separate tables. It's an asset database tracking photo usage; each photo has a unique ID that's the main key. A fourth table, which records uses of the photo, is on a subform, linked to the unique ID. This is a 1 to many relationship. There are about 4200 unique photos in the database, and about 8700 records in the table in the subform. I notice that after adding the subform to the form, when I attempt to browse through neighboring IDs, the table treats each subform record as a ...

Give remote access to just a users calendar
Hi, I would like to give someone outside our company access to (just) the calendar of an employee. I would be interested to hear recommendations on this? Perhaps using Outlook Web Access or Outlook over HTTP? Thanks in advance, H OWA would be by far the easiest way to go although it does offer less functionality. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821900/en-us Nue "Hoopla" <cymru@mbyth.com> wrote in message news:uEJ7d7SZGHA.1192@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I would like to give someone outside our company access to (just) the > calendar of an employe...

Viewing mailbox access
Hi, we are running exchange 2003 and windows 2003 server and I was wondering if it is possible to view who has been accessing mailboxes. In particular I am looking to see if anyone has been accessing a mailbox that as far as IT are aware they should not have access to, or should only be accessing in the absence of the other person. Regards, Ian On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 07:51:02 -0700, "Lemonsprig" <Lemonsprig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, we are running exchange 2003 and windows 2003 server and I was wondering >if it is possible to view who has been accessing...

pictures in various shapes
Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of time. with a graphics editor -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014D0D06-15F9-4D92-8D93-64FBD3A9CA32@microsoft.com... | Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or | various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of | time. | | Stephanie wrote: > Is it possible to insert a pict...

Access 2003 11-29-09
I have installed or reinstalled my office 2003 professional edition on to my recently upgraded windows 7 machine, however, I can’t make access run. I don’t get any error it just won’t run. Any suggestions? Hi JZ, Do any of the other Office 2003 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) run successfully? Try locating msaccess.exe, right-click on it, and select Run As Administrator. Does this make a difference? Tom Wickerath Microsoft Access MVP http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/ __________________________________________ "JZ" wrote: > I have ins...

Is this possible
I want to make a list of the files in several different folders. Is it possible to somehow "Copy and paste" just the filenames into a list, in either Word or Excel or Wordperfect. I am just trying to sort the files in several different folders to weed out duplicates. There has got to be an easier way then typing them all or screen printing the lists and manually weeding them out. Any suggestions. Frustrated... Hans, Here is some code that will start in a directory and list all files in that and any sub directories. It uses recursion to go through all the subs. Just ch...