Is there much of a difference between Access 2002 and Access 2003?

My company has Access 2002 and upgrading right now is not an option.  I would
like to take an Intro to Access 2003 online course through the "community
education" dept. at local community college.  Will I be able to follow along
with the 2003 course on the 2002 version or are there too many differences?
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

The differences between ACCESS 2003 and ACCESS 2002 are very minor. What you
learn in a introductory class for 2003 will be applicable for 2002.
--

        Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

"Rhonda K." <Rhonda K.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My company has Access 2002 and upgrading right now is not an option.  I
> would
> like to take an Intro to Access 2003 online course through the "community
> education" dept. at local community college.  Will I be able to follow
> along
> with the 2003 course on the 2002 version or are there too many
> differences?

0
Ken
10/9/2007 4:12:38 PM
Minimal differences.

The addition of sandbox mode/unsafe expressions to security settings is the
biggest difference that comes to mind.

HTH,

"Rhonda K." <Rhonda K.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My company has Access 2002 and upgrading right now is not an option.  I
> would
> like to take an Intro to Access 2003 online course through the "community
> education" dept. at local community college.  Will I be able to follow
> along
> with the 2003 course on the 2002 version or are there too many
> differences?

0
George
10/9/2007 4:17:50 PM
Rhonda K. <Rhonda K.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My company has Access 2002 and upgrading right now is not an option.  I would
>like to take an Intro to Access 2003 online course through the "community
>education" dept. at local community college.  Will I be able to follow along
>with the 2003 course on the 2002 version or are there too many differences?

Like the others have posted the differences are minor.  The big
difference to me is the addition of Smart tags which make your life
easier.

Tony

--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.

Access to Change User Settings
Which permission in a role gives users access to change settings such as time zone, etc. in their personal settings? Any help would be appreciated. Also is there a way to globally change the time zone setting for all users? Thank you! Time zone is not something you can lock down. Users get to choose which time zone they are in. If youre paying $1000 a seat for an employee that cant be trusted to select their appropriate time zone themselves, you got a problem. No, I think you misunderstood me. What I am saying is that it is a pain for users to have to set their own settings. I wo...

What's the difference between DDB and DIB?
As I have learned, the DDB is a memory buffer located in graphic card, for example, If my screen color depth is 16bit, the DDB' raster data my contain two bytes for each pixel on the screen. The DIB is like some file "X.BMP" in windows, It hase some File header, File infor ,color palette,and the raster data. I searched by google, and found some articles discussing : http://www.codeproject.com/KB/graphics/DFB_vs_DIB.aspx But I still confused on these terms. more, in Win32 programing, We also hase some sturcture like: BITMAP HBITMAP CBitmap, and some function like CreateDibSetct...

Outlook 2003 Font Selection
I'm running Outlook 2003 under XP. I want my font on outgoing messages to be 14 Aerial. I go into Tools/Options/Mail format Stationery and fonts and select 14 pt Arial. when I bring up a new message window I still type the message in Times New roman. I have none selected in stationery and a check by always use my fonts. I am not using Word to draft the messages. Any thoughts? Dennis don't use word. "Dennis Hughes" <dvhughes@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:40E86814.4446EFD0@mindspring.com... > I'm running Outlook 2003 under XP. > > I want my...

Access and Touch Screen
My client would like to do some simple data entry via a touch screen. Can anyone offer some advice and/or links regarding Access (2000) and touch screens? TIA -- AG Email: discuss at adhdata dot com Hi We have a number of touch screens running on access. You don't need to do anything different to the access DB. It works just the same. Oh one thing though. Make the forms so that they are OK for touch screen - bigger controls. -- Wayne Manchester, England. "AG" wrote: > My client would like to do some simple data entry via a touch screen. > Can anyone of...

Excel 2003 freezes on file open
This just started happening last week. When I open an excel file by double-clicking the file Excel opens to a visually blank worksheet and freezes. When I click the X to shutdown Excell the actual worksheet I was opening appears for a second and the program closes. Everything opens fine if I open Excel first and do a file/open. Does this sound like a video memory problem? Do you think an external Video card would solve this? I am Running: XP Pro Office 2003 3.00 GHz 512 MB Onboard Video Intel 82865G controller Chip Pearson has a bunch of techniques that deal with start up errors a...

Newbi needs a very small help, thank you very much.
Newbi needs a very small help, thank you very much. Hello everyone and thank you very much for your time. I Have a small db for invoicing and on my form (with a subform) there is a CANCEL button which will just cancel what had been selected or entered in the form ... here is the code behind the cancel button... Private Sub Cancel_Click() Me![BillsFormSub].Form.Refresh DoCmd.SetWarnings False DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 8, , acMenuVer70 DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 6, , acMenuVer70 DoCmd.SetWarnings True Exit_Cancel_Click: Exit Sub End Sub This was working ...

learning access 02-17-10
Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to learn access? I know nothing at this point, but must learn it. I was at the same point last month with excel and found this site: http://www.learnmicrosoftexcel.com/free_tutorials/free_tutorials_with_video.htm I paid $14.00 for the cd and learned excel in less than a month. Mike Smart created this cd for someone who knew nothing about excel and it was great! I need something like that. I bought Access 2007 video from Alison Balter and soon realized that video series was for someone that was already familiar with access. I ...

Calculating time difference over midnight!
I have read all of the tips and tricks to try to get an answer withou bothering anyone and I have come up empty. Here is my specific question: How do I calculate the time duration in minutes between two times whe the first time is before midnight and the second time is afte midnight? For example, how do I calculate the time difference i minutes between 11:00PM and 1:37AM the next the next day? Any help is appreciated -- sygazell ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sygazelle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2...

OE 6.0 to Outlook 2003
I have been using Outlook Express 6.0 as my default email program and I am thinking of making Outlook my email program but I would like to be able to export my email addresses and all my personal subfolders. to Outlook. I am looking for some advice on the best way to manage this transition. Thanks You must have both Outlook and Outlook Express installed on the same machine. In OE, go to "File|Export"; from here, you con export both messages and addresses to Outlook. You could also do this from Outlook using "File|Import and Export", however, OE's export func...

outlook 2003 will not send outgoing mail
when I try to send mail in outlook 2003 I get the following error message. Task 'Hotmail - Sending' reported error (0x80070057) : 'Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid.' I can receive mail ok,But I cannot send it.I am using it with hotmail. Any suggests would be appreciated Thankyou in advance Bobby ...

Error Message on Data Access Page
I developed a Data Access page for data entry for multiple users. Some users are getting this error message: CONVERSION ERROR OCCURED WHILE BUILDING PARAMETERIZED UPDATE OR REFRESH STATEMENT Anybody have any ideas how to solve this? sorry,i do cuininioli edina www.sina.com.cn multimedia cumedia security jinsha dins vinslinkcom CCDIN visp "dmeyer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> д���ʼ� news:02d501c39422$97230740$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I developed a Data Access page for data entry for multiple > users. Some users are getting this error message: > CONVERSION...

Might be asking too much
I am using excel to track day to day project hours on a bi-weekly interval. In the cell where I am entering my time I am also adding comments as to what work was done during that time. What I would like to do is figure out a way that I can extract the comments out to print. Now I know that I can print them at the end of the layout which is essentially what I want, but the way it defaults the printing is by calling out the cell name i.e. (c24) then the comment. The problem is that I have no way of know which cell that is. so what I would like to do is basically set up a layout myself...

Outlook 2003 crashes every time I send mail with attachments / embedded images
Any time I send an e-mail where there is an attachment over 1MB or if there are embeded images in the message Outlook will crash and restart. When it restarts I look in sent items and the message has been sent ok. Why is it crashing and how do I fix it? Thanks. ...

compatibility of Word 2002 and Outlook 2003
I have MS Office XP Professional version 2002 and Outlook 2003. When I try to create a letter from an Outlook contact using Word, I get a message stating, "To use this feature, you must install the version of Microsoft Word that matches the installed version of Microsoft Outlook." Since MS Office XP Professional version 2002 includes Outlook, why doesn't my version of Word match my version of Outlook? "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:366ECCBF-80ED-445A-81C5-4ACB3D759AA3@microsoft.com... > I have MS Office XP Profess...

Access 2000 & Windows 7
Hi, I have an Access 2000 program that I package using Developer 2000 and Access Run-time. Does anyone know if this package will install and run under Windows 7? Thanks -- Phill ...

Exchange 2003 Distribution List Creation
I have over 100 email addresses in a word document that I need to use to create an email distribution list. Is there an easy way to import all these addresses into the distribution list's members area? Or am I stuck typing in each one by hand? Thanks for any help! You could use a tool like LDIFDE. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=237677 Nue "redrobit" <redrobit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E73943C3-55F6-40B0-BC5D-811491A64769@microsoft.com... >I have over 100 email addresses in a word document that I need to use to > create an email di...

mail merge with different subjects
I have to sent email messages with mail merge with different subjects. I have excel sheet which contains subject, email address fields. please help -- With gratitude, Faisal Ijaz You cannot do it with mail merge out-of-the-box. You could do it with a modification of the code used in the the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/MergeWithAttachments.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, o...

Problem with drop-downs in Outlook 2002 entries for date entry
I recently had to reformat my c: drive and to reinstall WinXP and my applications, including Outlook 2002. Since then, I�ve had a number of problems, most of which have been solved, often with help from people on these forums. One problem has not. When I am entering a date through a drop-down in the Calendar or Tasks, although the month calendar with left and right arrows for moving forward and back appears when I click my mouse on the drop-own arrow, the moment I move the mouse pointer away from the drop-own arrow, the entry calendar disappears. This makes it impossible for me to use that...

Exchange 2003 SMTP greeting garbled
Server in question is SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003 SP2 (Build 7638.2) We had some email issues due to lack of rDNS which has been fixed. I have verified that Default SMTP Virutal Server - Delivery - Advanced lists our correct fqdn for our email. However on a dsstuff.com report shows that our server is sending out a string of * for the SMTP greeting as follows: '********************************************************************0****0*2*************************200*****0******0*00': 220 ******************************************************************** Is there somehwere else ...

User seeing too much data
I have a user who has changed from a view all role to a restricted view role, everything has been updated on his user profile including removing his old role and adding him to the new role but on some views within CRM he can still see data that was linked to his old role. User was a customer service rep who at one time was the owner of several hundred records and had full organizational view privlages. About 6 months ago he changed to a sales position which he now owns a new group of records and should only be able to access and see the records he owns. The records he used to own hav...

how much is too much data for a cell?
a cell should hold 32,000 characters if i am not mistaken. i have a large spreadsheet that has codes, their use, description and the # of times they have been 'hit'. most of the information fits in a cell very easily but i have one description that is huge. i made the cell 255x409 which is the max and what happened was part of the information showed and then the rest of the cell was blank. at that cell size there was more than enough room for all the data but for some reason it would not all show. i tried things like changing the alignment and it is on wrap text. i tried selectin...

Categorizer in Exchange 2003
Hi, Sometimes (but not always) a message being sent to internal recipients are being delivered to the categorizer and then disappear. When sending a message from user1 on server1 to user2 on server2 the events from the message tracking tool in ESM are: 1. <Event Time> - SMTP: Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store 2. <Event Time> - SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing 3. <Event Time> - SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue 4. <Event Time> - SMTP: Message Submitted to Categorizer And that's it. No event log entries and no messages s...

Operator[] overloaded but how to access it as pointer?
hi all, I Overloaded the operator [] : double &operator[](DWORD); double &Classname::operator[](DWORD p) { return m_array[p]; } The problem is , I need to know how to access the operator if I yust have a pointer to the object. I want do something like the following : Classname* pObj; pObj = new Classname(); double test = pObj[0]; // that doesnt work , is there any possiblity to realize that? thanks a lot cheers Filip How about (*pObj)[0] -- Hank Williams Quantum Technologies, Inc. HaWilliams(at)spamcop.net "Filip Lyncker" <lyncker@gmx.de> wrot...

Outlook 2003 and Exchange #3
I have 30 clients on a win2000 server with exchange. All but two of the clients are running office 2000. The two new computers are running Office 2003. The Outlook 2003 clients get disconnected from the exchange server several times through the day. They don't loose file access or printer access or internet access just exchange. They connect fine to the exchange but after awhile an outlook login box pops up with their user name asking for their password. Once thay type in the password and hit okay Outlook will reconect to the exchange server. How do I get this to stop? Always pro...

Update for Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB932330)
Windows Update keeps telling me to install the urgent update "Update for Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB932330)" but the installation always fails. Has anyone else seen this behaviour and have a solution. Thanks BK Download manually and apply. If you get an error, then post the text of the message here. Link to download is list in this link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;932330&sd=RMVP "BK" <bill@wpNOSPAMkennedy.com> wrote in message news:OmXKfB9fHHA.4156@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Windows Update keeps telling me to inst...