Is there any *quick* way to view data records *vertically* instead of as horizontal rows?

Ms Access2003  / WindowsXP

Hi

Is there any quick way to view data with all fields of a record
arranged vertically (i.e. on top of each other) instead of
horizontally?

Obviously I could copy and paste into msExcell and transpose the whole
damned thing.
However this wont work for really large tables...

Ship
Shiperton Henethe

0
ship
4/6/2007 11:00:02 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

"ship" <shiphen@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Ms Access2003  / WindowsXP
>

> Hi
>
> Is there any quick way to view data with all fields of a record
> arranged vertically (i.e. on top of each other) instead of
> horizontally?
>
> Obviously I could copy and paste into msExcell and transpose the whole
> damned thing.
> However this wont work for really large tables...

A Crosstab query might do what you want, but your table would have to have
limited unique row values as you are limited to 255 columns (as is Excel prior
to 2007).

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...

0
Rick
4/6/2007 12:03:03 PM
Create a form in Continuous View where all of the fields are stacked
vertically.

--
--Roger Carlson
  MS Access MVP

"ship" <shiphen@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Ms Access2003  / WindowsXP
>

> Hi
>
> Is there any quick way to view data with all fields of a record
> arranged vertically (i.e. on top of each other) instead of
> horizontally?
>
> Obviously I could copy and paste into msExcell and transpose the whole
> damned thing.
> However this wont work for really large tables...
>
> Ship
> Shiperton Henethe

0
Roger
4/6/2007 2:54:18 PM
select the table in the database window and on the toolbar click the "New
Object: AutoForm" button. the wizard automatically creates a form exactly as
you described.

hth

"ship" <shiphen@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Ms Access2003  / WindowsXP
>

> Hi
>
> Is there any quick way to view data with all fields of a record
> arranged vertically (i.e. on top of each other) instead of
> horizontally?
>
> Obviously I could copy and paste into msExcell and transpose the whole
> damned thing.
> However this wont work for really large tables...
>
> Ship
> Shiperton Henethe

0
tina

I hit save instead of save as...is there any way to go back?
I need to retrieve the information from the page before I saved. I needed to hit save as and accidently hit save. Anyone???? You've kinda burned your own bridge. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jr Bullet" <Jr Bullet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9AD451B-209A-448F-935B-B2D1EC64A733@microsoft.com... >I need to retrieve the information from the page before I saved. I needed >to > hit save as and accidently hit save. Anyone???? On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 00:52:09 +0000, Jr Bullet wrote (in article <C9AD451B-209A-448F-935B-B2...

Macro to highlight every 2nd row
Hi, I am trying to work out how to write a macro so that it takes my data range and highlights every second row in a certain colour. if my data is in the range A2:K31, then i want the macro to run so it selects A3:K3 and highlights that in yellow, then skip down two rows and highlights A5:K5 in yellow and so on until there is no more data in the cells (ie. Row 31). the code I have so far is this, but it only highlights every second cell in column A and does NOT extend out to column K... Sub NEWY() Range("A2:K2").Select Do Until ActiveCell.Value = Empty ...

Copying certain column information quickly
As you know in Excel you could quickly copy the information you needed with a drag of the mouse. Because I need information copied repeatedly and easily for my access unfirmiliar co workers. Example JOB CUSTOMER QUOTE # A B1 110701 A(copied) A2 110701 (copied) A(copied) C4 110701 (copied) How do I do this quickly and efficiently for the computer challenged. Sorry, Access is a database, not a spreadsheet, and can't be used like one. You can write some code to select the rows that you want to ...

data validation from other file.
i want to use data validation from other file. Like i have created a master.xls file & want to use data validation in other file where i can pickup product code from master.xls file. i don't want to use vlookup. please help me. Thanks in Advance Shital Shital Debra Dalgleish has instructions for this at.... http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal05.html Gord Dibben XL2002 On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 03:28:01 -0800, "shital" <shahshital@rediffmail.com> wrote: >i want to use data validation from other file. > >Like i have created a master.xls file & want t...

inventory unit of measure
We sell brakes in sets of four, but purchase them as an Each. When we use this system, the quantity on hand shows the amount of Each's on hand -- same with inventory counts. Because a Set of Four is set up in our system as 4 Eachs, If I set the UofM Schedule ID as Set of Four, the Base Unit of Measure (which shows on the vendor and purchasing cards) remains Each. Is there any way to get the "Set of Four" to be th Base Unit of Measure? The Base UOM is the UOM you stock in. So if you make 'Set of Four' the Base UOM, you'll have to stock it that way. You'll ...

Can I show email and calendar in one view?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I am trying to figure out a way to have a calendar view to the right of my inbox, either in place of the preview plane or next to it. <br><br>Is there any way to do this? Hi, you can only have the mini-calendar show up right next to the inbox. If it is not already visible, just click on the tiny triangle button in the lower left corner of the Entourage main window. If you want a calendar or a list showing your appointments (as you can in the Windows version of Ou...

Pivot with multiple data field in Access
By using the first tip you offered, I am now able to get the data for either year and type out through crosstab queries. Now I am having difficulty merging them back without exceeding the 255 field limit in a query. I combined all the data into one table and used an identifier for the type of data. TYPE Year DataField1 DataField2 DataField3 etc Actual "Yr1" Discounted "Yr2" Original Yr3"...(right now through Yr20) I have the users select if an entry is Actual, and for what year of the Deal it ...

XL 2002: Row limit in Pivot Tables
Hello all, Using XL 2002. I was looking for this in XL's help, but couldn't find it: What is the row limit for pivot tables? I have a set of data that I know will have 48,309 rows (less than the 65,536 row per sheet), but when I try to create this pivot table I get the following error: "A field in your source data has more unique items than can be used in a PivotTable report. MS XL may not be able to create the report, or may create the report without the data from this field." I don't know if it makes any difference, but the source data is a filtered view fr...

is there a way of viewing all pages on Publisher at once?
It would be very helpful to be able to see all the pages i have created at the same time - and even better to be able to print them all on one page In print preview you can see most of the pages depending on how many, do a print screen... paste into Paint and print. Can't guarantee the results. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "HJD" <HJD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9534796A-69FA-48C9-8EBD-18E2F7337322@microsoft.com... > It would be very helpful to be able to see all the pag...

Highly configurable (or additional) data types should be available
Because CRM solutions need to be extremely flexible to meet the needs of each unique deployment, I think that the CRM team should consider adding more configuration options for existing data types, or add more data types. For example, I would like to be able to configure an Integer field that uses thousands separators, and one that does not. This type of scenario can arise when different business units within one deployment have different needs for their types of data that are associated with common entities. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft respon...

View actual "to field"
I receive my e-mail via exchange server. I have several aliases, all configured on the exchange server. Is there any field that could tell me which messages were addressed to which alias. The "To" field seems to convert my alias to my actual account so that all received message seem to be adressed to the same e-mail address, although in actuality they are not, as can be verified by looking at the internet headers where you can see the actual "to" address as entered by the sender. Is this information in any field so that incoming messages could be better sorted ? ...

Sort order views
Is it anyhow possible to change the standard field searchbox in views ? For standard search it's a bit annoying having to go in advanced search ! Jack No you cannot do this unless you want to attempt to dig into the sourcecode etc. So the answer is not in standard CRM. I have not heard of anyone making this change. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Jack Nielsen" <no_spam jack.nielsen@get2net.dk> wrote in message news:eo9$w0htEHA.1720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Is it anyhow possible to...

INBOX contents displayed in Calendar, Contact and Task views
About two days ago, icons for Calendar, Contact, and Task suddenly appeared in my email Favorite Folder window on the left side of the overall email view. Trying to remove these icons from the Favorites view and then running SCANPST apparently got rid of these icons. At the same time, the Inbox list (center panel) now displays when I switch to Calendar, Contacts, or Tasks, using the navigation icons on the very bottom of the left panel. The only way that I can display the Calendar, Contacts or Tasks is to select the Files navigation icon, select the right folder from the files list, and t...

Quick help with excel formula
Ok, i need a forumla. this is what I want, i have two columns like this Time Start: ............. Time Finish: ............ I fill out these two columns like this Time Start: ...17:42... Time Finish: ...18:25.. Now i have another Column that says Training Length: ........ I want this to work out the time between 17:42 and 18:25 Any one help pleas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi simply =A2-A1 and format as time If your training time can span midnight use the formula =A2-A1+(A2<A1) >-----Original Message----- >Ok, i need a forumla. > >this is what ...

External Data problem #2
Hi I want to import data from my Access Database into Excel . The problem is that the query it gets the info from you need to enter a start date and a finish date. When I try to import I get the error message to few parameters. Any ideas? I do need to keep the data specific between two dates. Many thanks Steve This usually happens if one of the field names are incorrect or some slight error in the syntax of the query. Have you removed/renamed a column in your database, and not corrected it in your query? -- Gary Brown ---------------------------------------------------------...

normalizing data
I am in the process of normalizing test results in my school district. I have roughly 250 test scores which I want to norm. I am relatively new to excel but many have suggested that I use this program to do the statistical work for me. Any and all help will be appreciated. There are plenty of different ways of 'normalizing' data - the classic is IQ, where the mean is forced to be 100, and one standard deviation is set to 15 points. (Different tests differ in how they assign the standard deviation.) Or you could normalize by dividing by the raw score by the population mean. ...

Correct Way to Update CProgressBar from Thread
I have a database program that currently updates the status bar while working from another thread. Currently the code it uses is a parameter passed to the thread with a pointer to the application and: pApp->m_ProgressCurrent.StepIt(); I've seen people talking about not touching dialogs from other threads, and I was wondering what the proper method would be to have it refresh the progress indicator. The controls can range from steping once every 30 seconds (for a large database) to 100+ times a second (for many small databases). What would be the correct way to update a GUI control f...

Multiple records in table to display single records
My table has 3 columns, A is account numbers, B is first name, C is last name. If an account has 2 owners, the account number is listed twice in C1, like this: A B C 123 Hank Jones 123 Ann Jones 231 Mike Smith 321 Jim John I want to query this table to display the names side by side if there is more than one owner, so that my data appears like this: A B C D E 123 Hal Jones Ann Jones 231 Tim Smith 321 Jim John Help please! Sorry, got the names mixed up! "Hurrikane4" wrote: > My table has 3 columns, A is account numb...

Can I view an MS Publisher pub, in full screen view?
I want to preview an MS Publisher pub, as a full screen picture (like PowerPoint's Slideshow, in contrast with slide edit view)? Idon't have a color printer so print preview shows a greyed out picture. Should I install a dummy printer and go print preview, or what? Print Preview won't show you a full screen image. You've already seen what it looks like apparently. If you download a dummy driver, you could at least see it in color. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "J.K. August" <J.K. August@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Is there a way to split a sheet so columns can be different widths?
I have a bunch of worksheets that have a top part and a bottom part. The top part contains settings for various parmeters. The bottom part is a table showing calculations based on those parameters. The problem is that the parameters often need different column widths than the table. Is there some way to split a sheet into a top part and a bottom part were I can adjust the column widths independently? Column widths and row heights are properties of the entire column and row and cannot be changed. I hesitate to mention "merged cells" due to the problems they can cause. ...

Is there a way to have Excel
read a spreadsheet look at various elements then create a new sheet based on what it saw? How would you do that? -- billb Read books, learn answers to things you always wanted to know. This will make you smarter than the average slug walking around out there and equip you far better than anything else to be able to resist all the horseshit temptations that are just plain stupid. --billb 2005 pivot tables... "billb" wrote: > read a spreadsheet look at various elements then create a new sheet based on > what it saw? > > How would you do that? > > -- > b...

Quick Question
I have been using Office 2007 and OneNote for some time now and have recently set up the 2010 Beta on a second system. In the 2007 version there was a way to repair office if things went flaqky. How do I do that in Office 2010? Michael On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 23:59:26 +0000 (UTC), Rev. Michael L. Burns <sdbpastor@charter.bet> wrote: > >I have been using Office 2007 and OneNote for some time now and have recently >set up the 2010 Beta on a second system. In the 2007 version there was a >way to repair office if things went flaqky. How do I do that in Office 2...

Help! How can I upload data and display it in Excel on client
side. Also, how can I open a book with several sheets on client side? (It is a web application). Thanks. ...

How can you Display Inbox in Calendar view?
How can you Display Inbox in Calendar view? I know you can display TASKS in the calendar view, but can you display the inbox in the the calendar view? Or for that matter, can you display the journal in the calendar view in addition? ...

Requisition Drop Down Lists
Trying to get Business Portal and Requistions going. I added a user; but they are not able to see anything in lookup lists for Item, Acct#, Vendor, etc... Here is what I did to set up user. Added User to the following Groups: BP Internal User BP Requisition Creator Added him to Business Portal Role: Requisition Creator Back Office User (with a GP Back Office ID linked to it) Went into Req User and: Checked unlimited approval (although not really needed for creator) Checked Change Approver Made all Lite Item field access to Editable Added him to Approval Hierarchy.. I then went into a...