Is it true about DoCmd.SendObject

That DoCmd.SendObject  will find your default Mail client?

--
Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob
MS Access 2007 accdb

0
Bob
4/15/2010 7:01:06 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

"Bob Vance" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
> That DoCmd.SendObject  will find your default Mail client?
>
> --
> Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob
> MS Access 2007 accdb
> Windows  XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3

It's true if your default Mail client is Outlook :~)

Being able to find and use your default Mail client depends on your default
Mail client looking and acting exactly like DoCmd.SendObject expects.

Unfortunately, the specification for registration of the default Mail client
was never particularly clear, and drifted over the years. And some Mail
clients weren't particularly designed to be the "default as recognised by
Microsoft Access 2007 running on Windows XP".

I haven't seen any complaints recently about this particular problem, but I
assumed that was because the number of different mail clients in the world
was decreasing, not because compatibility with Access was improving.

In any case, on XP there are a number of different places that a Mail client
can be set as the "default" for different things. If it doesn't work first
time, post back with information about the specific Mail client you are
trying to use.

(david)

0
david
4/15/2010 7:59:34 AM
Thanks David, for your help..........Bob

"david" <david@nospam.au> wrote in message
> "Bob Vance" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
>> That DoCmd.SendObject  will find your default Mail client?
>>
>> --
>> Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob
>> MS Access 2007 accdb
>> Windows  XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3
>>

> It's true if your default Mail client is Outlook :~)
>
> Being able to find and use your default Mail client depends on your
> default Mail client looking and acting exactly like DoCmd.SendObject
> expects.
>
> Unfortunately, the specification for registration of the default Mail
> client was never particularly clear, and drifted over the years. And some
> Mail clients weren't particularly designed to be the "default as
> recognised by Microsoft Access 2007 running on Windows XP".
>
> I haven't seen any complaints recently about this particular problem, but
> I assumed that was because the number of different mail clients in the
> world was decreasing, not because compatibility with Access was improving.
>
> In any case, on XP there are a number of different places that a Mail
> client can be set as the "default" for different things. If it doesn't
> work first time, post back with information about the specific Mail client
> you are trying to use.
>
> (david)

0
Bob

Passing Qry as part of Rpt DoCmd.OpenReport
If the selected manufacturer = "_All" first value in list, then my query sQry = "Year = " & ddlYear.Value else: sQry = "Year = & ddlYear.Value & " and manufacturer = " & ddlManu.Value .... also tried: "...=" & "'" & ddlManu.Value & "'" DoCmd.OpenReport sReportName, acViewPreview, , sQry Checking the value of sQry shows "Year = 2007 and manufactuer = 'TRMCO'" But I still get the same data set as "Year = 2007" When I query by pasting the same where clase into my dat...

Problems with DataEntry = True
Hi I am opening a form "Add New Job", which on load, sets its DataEntry attribute to true. If I enter no details & close the form, a record had been created, so I added code to delete the record if no details had been entered. Now when I close the form without entering any details, it deletes the current record it has just created, but creates another one with the next sequence number. What I want it to do is create no record if no details are added. How can I achieve this? Yours Stapes Are you sure it's deleting the record you just created? The DataEntry property does...

True to TRUE
I'm entering data for a database at work and when I type in the last name "True" Excel is changing it to "TRUE." I try to just undo it and it won't. How do I make it so it's just True???? TRUE is a special value in Excel. To enter True, precede the text with an apostrophe. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Nikki@CustomMortgageSolutions" <Nikki@CustomMortgageSolutions@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E35515F3-F2E8-4B05-B970-66951A7600A4@microsoft.com......

True Justify Text in multivalued ComboBox
Hi, Is there a way to true justify the text in multivalued ComboBoxespecially on the report (Access 2007)? Thanks in advance, Kozaw ...

Cancel = true
Hi I am attempting to run the following: - Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "KPI Data - New links to PEOPLE table" DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview stDocName = "KPI Data - New ATTEND Records" DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview Each report has the On No Data property set, displays a message, then sets Cancel = True. However, it appears it doesn't do anything else after Cancel is set to True in the first report. It does not even try to open the second report. I guess this is because Cancel is set to True. How can I unset this - if that is th...

open an Application (excel) in a form using docmd
Hello can i open an Application (excel) in a form using docmd can this be done if so how?? thanks in advance Hi Have at look at this http://support.microsoft.com/?id=210148 -- Wayne Manchester, England. "smason" wrote: > Hello > > can i open an Application (excel) in a form using docmd > can this be done if so how?? > > thanks in advance If you just want to open the other document, be it pdf, doc (word), or xls, (excel), then just go: application.FollowHyperlink "c:\path name\documentname" eg: application.FollowHyperlink "c:\myShe...

TRUE vs true or FALSE vs false
What exactly is the difference. This has always bothered me that this is the case. I've noticed that you cannot substitute one for the other. I'm guessing TRUE was the original way of doing things before "true" came along? The same case can be made with FALSE vs false. Thanks On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 09:23:44 -0500, "JCO" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote: >What exactly is the difference. This has always bothered me that this is >the case. I've noticed that you cannot substitute one for the other. I'm >guessing TRUE was th...

DoCmd.SendObject in AC2007
code has worked for years in AC2000. Migrated to AC2007 and get the message "Microsoft Office Access can't send this e-mail message". What am I missing??. Code is: DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport, strReport, acFormatRTF, Forms(strForm).Email, , , _ "Confirmation of entry in Baton Twirling Contest", _ Forms(strForm).FullName _ & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "Thank you for your entry in " & strLinkName & "." _ & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "If the attached report is not correct please notify us i...

Formula is true if proportion of range is true
Trying for true / yes result if at least 50% of range meets criteria eg =IF(AND O2="yes",H2<>"",I2<>"",J2<>"",K2<>"",L2<>"",M2<>"",N2<>""),"yes","no") where O2 must be yes and input is required for at least 4 out of 7 cells between H2 and I2 thank you =IF(AND(O2="yes",COUNTA(H2:N2)>3),"True","False") Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "nussbaum" <nussbaum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7...

Is it true? Word Merge
Is it true that you cannot do a simple merge document directly from MS CRM??? The video I found indicated that you needed to export to excel and then merge with Word? I need the ability to have single letters that can be easily merged with a single contact by end users. I would have thought this would be a base functionality for any CRM but it appears this is not the case. Is there a way to do this? I am loving everything else I am seeing about MSCRM but this is a fundemental requirement and may be a show stopper for us. Could someone please comment. I find it hard to believe t...

true-false
I want to select a field when the condition (other fields in the same are true) -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com You're really going to have to give us a little more explanation of what you're trying to do/what your problem is for anyone here to help! anthonyd wrote: >I want to select a field when the condition (other fields in the same are >true) -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 16:02:01 GMT, "anthonyd via AccessMonster.co...

DoCmd.TransferDatabase acExport to SQL server 2005
All, I am trying to export a table from an Access 2007 database to a SQL server 2005 database. However I can not get the table to export to the correct schema. it always goes to the dbo schema. Below is the code I am running. When I run the table shows up in SQL as dbo.[schema.SQL_Tableusername] and I need it to be schema.SQL_Tableuser Any help would be helpful Private Sub Command7_Click() Dim db As Database Dim username As String Dim tablename As String Set db = CurrentDb username = Environ("USERNAME") username = Replace(username, ".", ""...

How do I stop Excel from changing the word true to TRUE?
I am typing names and addresses into an Excel spreadsheet. I have one person whose first name is True. When I type it into the cell, it converts it to TRUE. I know this is a function/formula, but how do I stop it from doing that? Try this: Either put an apostrophe before the name: 'True Or Format>Cells>Number Category: TEXT Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "Schmyerlou" wrote: > I am typing names and addresses into an Excel spreadsheet. I have one person > whose first name is True. When I type it into the cell, it converts it to > TRUE. I k...

"TRUE" "TRUE" formula needed
Hello, I have Excel 97. I have this in my worksheet: new column A B C D E 1 50 25 TRUE 5 TRUE 2 20 30 FALSE 30 FALSE 3 80 60 TRUE -20 TRUE 4 10 40 FALSE -15 TRUE 5 35 25 TRUE 5 TRUE 6 40 30 TRUE -15 FALSE 7 10 15 FALSE I was previously sent the following formula which worked great for finding every "TRUE" in column C and calculating the values in column D next to every "TRUE" in column C. =SUMPRO...

Count condition true for 3 lookup columns
Hi All, I have a worksheet that contains 3 seperate lookup columns. My challenge is that I need a low overhead way to find and count the combination of true lookups. So if one of the 3 looksup is found I would get a return of '1', if 2 of the 3 are found then '2'. I know I can do this with an array formula, but am worried about the calculation hit as this is a very complex worksheet and already has a long intitial calc time. I suppose I could do the inverse and could an 'iserror' condition and then subract that answere from 3. I thought of using a complex 'if&...

TRUE: Would like it to appear as "True" in the cell.
Using Microsoft Excel 2007. I am typing in a name 'True', but when I type the name it is capitalizing the entire word 'TRUE'. I would like to capitalize only the first letter in the name. How do I achieve this using Excel? I believe Excel recognizes it as a formula. Either: format the cell to Text prior to entry or: precede the value with an apostophe (single quote) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Lindsay" wrote: > Using Microsoft Excel 2007. > > I am typing in a name 'True', but when I type the name it is cap...

Format a column for "True / False"?
Having come from Access I am used to creating a field (column) which can be a "yes\no" or "true\false" but which actually contains "0" or "-1" Is it possible to do this in excel, and is it possible to have a check box on the worksheet which will enter the value for me regards Roga Just use TRUE/FALSE in the column. If you pick a checkbox from the controls toolbox, and link that to a cell, that sets the cell value to TRUE/FALSE. -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "roga" <...

Cancel = True
Hello All I have a number of reports where I have set the OnNoData event to Cancel = True. This works fine where the user attempts to open one of the report usign a button created with the wizard for that purpose, but if they click a button where the OnClick event includes lots of DoCmd OpenReport commands, when the code reaches a report with no data they get a message that the OpenReport was cancelled - and the code stops. What do I do? Hope someone can help Many thanks Leslie Isaacs Do you have error handling in your code? IF so, does it use Resume Next? We can'...

Excel: with an if condition display a row of cell if true
Hello, I am a relatively new user and I was asked to set up a contact list for my office. I would like to have one master list on the first worksheet and then kind of query different sections into new worksheets. Is this possible? For example in the main worksheet i would have name, region and supervisor. In the second worksheet I would want only Peel Region enteries to be displayed. The main goal is: If a change something on the first worksheet I would like the other worksheets altered automatically. PLEASE HELP ME. Copy the data that you want from the main worksheet and then paste...

How do I get a true calculation?
Please explain in somewhat more detail what your requirement is. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "reckyroo" <reckyroo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5577D52D-BFE3-4355-BC34-48F015A613E4@microsoft.com... | ...

DoCmd.OpenReport Error
Hi , Please kindly assist. Every time I try to click the OK butto to open the report that I have created It passes an error of Run time error 2585, action cannot be carried out while processing a form or report or event. Below is the coding. in the Ok event procedure. Private Sub cmdOK_Click() Me.Visible = False 'DoCmd.OpenQuery "LicenseQueryB", acViewNormal, acEdit DoCmd.OpenReport "Torrens Valley Firearms Report B", acViewNormal, acEdit 'DoCmd.Close acForm, "License DialogB" End Sub Below is the coding for opening the Report which is call...

Countif( 2 criteria = true ?)
Hi can you please help me... I am trying count the number of items based on 2 criteria can you please help me..? Basically I have a sheet and in col A I have Code and col B I have name. eg: Col A - Col B 1001 - Mike 1001 - Dave 1001 - Keith 1002 - Terry 1001 - Mike What I am trynig to do is count how many say ("Mike" col B) with code of say ("1001" col A). so the answer according to the above will be "2". I know I can use the dsum function to do this but the problem is I am trying to get a formula in 1 cell to do the job as opposed to 2 rows + 3 columns.. he...

What's the best way to toggle between true and false in Excel? Hi all, My excel work involves a lot of toggling between true and false (boolean types) ... and it's very repetitive... Is there a w
What's the best way to toggle between true and false in Excel? Hi all, My excel work involves a lot of toggling between true and false (boolean types) ... and it's very repetitive... Is there a way to select a bunch of cells, and press a key short-cut so that they toggle all at once? Thanks! I can't tell you whether this is a "best way" to do what you want or not, but it is "a way" to do it. It doesn't use a key short-cut, rather it uses a right mouse click. Go into the VB editor and double click on ThisWorkbook in the Project window, then copy/paste...

DoCmd.SendObject 11-27-09
I use DoCmd.SendObject to send my reports by emails. My report has sub report on the main report. The emails include my subreport when I manually to send emails. The subreport is not in the email when I use DoCmd.SendObjec. I would like to know are there any workaround for this? Your help is great appreciated, ...

DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acLast
Hello everyone I have this procedure and suddnely it's not working. I'm not an expert but it was ok. It's like this : Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acLast End Sub And when i open this form, it goes to another record when it's suppose to go to the last one. Any ideas? Please help me. Tks in advance Pedro Try putting that code into the Load event, rather than the Open event. The Open event fires before all of the data has been retrieved. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Pedro&...