Is it possible with Access VB to check if any users are logged onto another Access DB?

Hi All

Is it possible with Access VB to determine if any users are logged
onto other Access DBs?

I have a "mother" DB that replicates itself into a number of "child"
DBs with a subset of its data. For obvious reasons I can only do this
when no-one is using the "child" DBs.

Is it possible to write some VB to call out to other DBs and see if
anyone is logged on?

Cheers for any ideas, suggestions or links,
Chrisso
0
Chrisso
12/14/2007 12:01:06 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

hi Chrisso,

Chrisso wrote:
> Is it possible to write some VB to call out to other DBs and see if
> anyone is logged on?
http://allenbrowne.com/func-ADO.html#ShowUserRosterMultipleUsers

mfG
--> stefan <--
0
Stefan
12/14/2007 12:31:16 PM
It's also possible to write VBA code that will log all users out of an
application after giving them a warning.  On my website
(www.rogersaccesslibrary.com), is a small Access database sample called
"LogUsersOff.mdb" which illustrates how to do this.

--
--Roger Carlson
  MS Access MVP

"Chrisso" <chris75sutton@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> Is it possible with Access VB to determine if any users are logged
> onto other Access DBs?
>
> I have a "mother" DB that replicates itself into a number of "child"
> DBs with a subset of its data. For obvious reasons I can only do this
> when no-one is using the "child" DBs.
>
> Is it possible to write some VB to call out to other DBs and see if
> anyone is logged on?
>
> Cheers for any ideas, suggestions or links,
> Chrisso

0
Roger

Read XML file as an Access table?
Is there any way to process an XML file as an Access table or does the XML have to be imported to a table first? I did some experiments and XML processing appears to be extremely slow; is there any way to speed it up? Thanks. ...

Access 2007 Compact problems
I've just installed SP1 for Access 2007. Before the Service Pack, Compact and Repair would create a new compacted file called Database.mdb but wouldn't rename it to the name of the original file (which is what happened in Access 2003). Now it doesn't create a copy at all! Note that this only happens if you are Compacting a file on a network drive. It works fine on a local drive (but since all my work is on a network drive, it's a hassle to say the least) I suppose this is a fix for the intermittent problem whereby Compact would sometimes delete the file altogether (thankfully...

Is it possible

Limit User Access to certain Vendors
Is there a way to do this that anyone knows of while still allowing access to the rest of the vendors? Eric, I can't see how you would be able to do this without a customization. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Eric Huebschman" <eric@thccorp.com> wrote in message news:38762F86-EE70-446A-8DA0-BAAB1C72CEE8@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to do this that anyone knows of while still allowing access > to the rest of the vendors? On Sep 10, 4:00 pm, "Victoria [MVP]" <victo...@flex-solutions.com> wrote: > Eric, &...

outlook mail logging
I have turned on "Enable Mail Logging" in my outlook2002. But I only got the below entry in my opmlog.log file: 2003.10.14 18:24:03 <<<< Logging Started (level is LTF_TRACE) >>>> 2003.10.14 18:24:03 Resource manager terminated What do i need to configure further to see more detail log of outlook communication? Thanks Vic ...

Personal Folders in OWA

Moving an old transaction from one account to another.
I have a *very* strange situation here... Once upon a time, Mr. Pat Smith married Ms. Pat Jones. The Mrs. Pat Smith was a cute oddity for the duration of the marriage. Sadly, the marriage ended. Mrs. Smith did not change her last name back to Jones... Now we have two people in town with the same name. 'Pat Smith'. Mr. Pat Smith bought a mattress set. In RMS, the mattress is on Mrs. Pat Smith's account. This probably would have gone unnoticed for along time, possibly forever, except for the unfortunate demise of the mattress under warranty. Now we need to return the m...

Cannot access OWA with Macintosh client
We're running Exchange 2003 in a 2003 AD envoironment. We have one Macintosh user, with browser IE 5.2 for Mac, who cannot access OWAfrom his home. From what I understand, it says it's trying to reach the loopback address 127.0.0.1 and just hangs there after he enters his username and password. I've checked and that version of IE for Mac is compatible. Any thoughts ? thanks chrism ...

Microsoft Money 2005 shows its true intent / Check Statements!!
Okay, I've had on and off major problems with MS Money 2005 and as a software company manager I know my share of buggy programs and can work around them pretty fairly. Knowing that Money is a big product with lots of features for advanced and newbies, it is a very good attempt at trying to address these two divergent issues with the same code. But I came upon something serious and is a potential class action lawsuit waiting to happen if others have this same issue when they get their credit card statements. A few years ago, I signed up with bCentral for a service that they provide...

Saving Record using Access FE to SQL BE
I'm using Access 2003 on the front end and SQL 2000 on the backend. When I click on a button on the front end form to save a newly created record, what's the coding to save that record to the SQL server table? The form source is linked to the sql table. Thanks for your help, Blane -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com If you've created linked tables to SQL Server and are binding the linked tables to your forms, you don't need to do anything to save the data: it'll automatically be saved when you move to another record, just as it does when you're ...

Access Problem
Hi I am running MS ACCESS XP and i cannot open anything when i create a new database, nothing happens when i click create table by wizards, design etc. the same applies to forms. I have tried eveerything including reinstalling, any ideas i there anyway to completely unistall office from my computer because i believe i have a corrupted installion that may be causing the problem thanks for your time On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 14:29:31 -0800 (PST), Mikejack2007uk@googlemail.com wrote: You can start uninstall using the setup program. After that, additional cleanup is possible. For example these arti...

Duplicate Check Example
Has anyone had success is implementing this sample code?: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm/html/mbs_crmappdup.asp I simply dumped it into a folder on the CRM server under wwwroot. And try to run it from there (at this point I'll run it manually, I dont need a button via ISV). My biggest problem is understanding the step "Add Assembly as Reference to Solution". What exactly am I suppose to add? And where do I place this? Even to that, I still get errors. The first one was that it can't load: prjTechConference2002MSCRMSDKDemoWeb.ISVD...

Update Sub form as user enters data in main form
I have a mainform that uses an unbound combo box to populate a subform. This works great. This will display all of the existing data for my contracts. If however they want to add more contracts, they enter the data on the main form and after continueing on to the next record and selecting that company from the combo box, they will see that their contract has been added to the list. I would like to be able to show the user the data they are entering into the main form is also going directly into the subform as a new record without the need of a command button or advancing a record. At one p...

Pivot & External DB & Lookup
I have a pivot table (I seem to be saying that a lot in this place) :) I have a rather large database that cannot be handled by excel in whole (300,000 records +10,000avg each month) I use the pivot tables to accomplish most of the jobs I require. Within the Database, however I have several tables, one of which contains a list of all customer account codes and with them a sales person reference i.e. ABC123 : H REF234 : P There are around 500+ records in this list. I use MS Query to cross reference this list with the actual sales table within my DB to group sales by Sales Person.(using the a...

Downloaded checks have same payee
After I download an ofx file for my checking account, and import into Money05 (04 acted the same way) all the new checks list with the same payee. Now I realize that Money doesn't know the payee until I enter it, but how can I get all newly imported checks to show as "unknown payee" or something like that? Right now they all appear as "Burger King". On a related note, when I change the payee to, say "Safeway" Money doesn't seem to know that all my transactions to Safeway are catagorized as "groceries". Do I have to select a category each and e...

Adding PST Tax onto Invoice Report
Hi there, Can anyone show me or help me start off in modifying the sales invoice report to display both GST and PST taxes for Canadian companies. I know that the report is within report writer but am clueless on how to start this off, but more on where I need to pull the data. Thanks. Hi Ian, This is fairly easy... you'll have to work with calculated fields and use the schdeduled tax table (TX_Detail_MSTR = TX00201). Normaly, those taxes are already taken care within the default SOP Blank Form, but I suspect that you want to show the various tax labels and their respec...

Accessing Add-Ins Tab
Hello, I recently installed Office 2007 Enterprise Edition on my laptop. During the installation it prompted me if I would like to upgrade or to remove all the previous versions (Office 2003). I opted to remove and do a custom install so that I could install some add-ins to some of the Office applications. My problem is that when I try to access the Excel Add-Ins tab that displays upon clicking on the Excel Options button I get an error. The error comes up in an a dialog box stating that "Microsoft Office Excel has encounter a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the in...

Spell check not working on Outlook Express 6 with Office 97
I got a new computer with XP installed and now I can't get my Outlook Express 6 to recognize spell check. (It worked on my Windows 95 workstation). I have Office installed under C:Program Files / Microsoft Office / Office. How can I tell Outlook Express where the dictionary is located? Thanks for any help! Mike How To Fix spell checking in Outlook Express 6 http://www.tech-pro.co.uk/howto_010.html Spell check not working in XP Outlook Express http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/spellcheck.htm Spell Checker Not Working in Windows XP http://www2.cajun.net/~theriots/blk/xp_oe.h...

Only run if check box is checked
I have some code that I only want to be run if a check box is checked. So I inserted an ActiveX check box which I have named cbRecord. I then put the following IF around the code which is initiated by clicking a spinner form control: If cbRecord.Value Then .... .... .... End If However, when the code is run I get the following error: Run time error '424': Object required. When I go to debug, the code doesn't even know that my check box exists. TIA...Geoff Try If Sheets("Sheet1").CheckBoxes("Check Box 1").Value = xlOn Then '...

Export Access Data Project Queries to old Access .mdb file
I want to copy Access Data Project queries from a project into a new .mdb file. What is the best way to do this? In the new .mdb go to the menu bar, click file, Get external data, and Import. Select the orignal .mdb file and then the items. >-----Original Message----- >I want to copy Access Data Project queries from a project into a new .mdb >file. What is the best way to do this? >. > ...

Administrator doesn't access CRM
I can't access the Microsoft CRM through the server with the Administrator account. Does anybody know what may be happening? I only see the Error 401 (Access Denied) after the third try. -- Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional–Microsoft CRM Applications Professional Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional–Microsoft CRM Customization ...