Installer for my access application

Hello, All!
I searching for installer for my program.
It must support creating link like "path to msaccess.exe" "path to
myprog.mde" /wrkgrp "path to users.mde"
Is anybody know best solution for this???
Thank you in advance.

With best regards, Alek Luchnikov.  E-mail:
alekluch---FORSPAMERS---1983@mail.ru

Alek
2/25/2008 2:03:53 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Look at Inno setup.  It's free.

"Alek Luchnikov" <alekluch---FORSPAMERS---1983@mail.ru> wrote in message
> Hello, All!
> I searching for installer for my program.
> It must support creating link like "path to msaccess.exe" "path to
> myprog.mde" /wrkgrp "path to users.mde"
> Is anybody know best solution for this???
> Thank you in advance.
>
> With best regards, Alek Luchnikov.  E-mail:
> alekluch---FORSPAMERS---1983@mail.ru

Amy
2/25/2008 3:29:36 PM
Hello, Amy!
It is interesting  that in innosetup i can't find how to create link "path
to msaccess.exe" "path to
myprog.mde" /wrkgrp "path to users.mde"
If you know how to, you are welcome  . . .

With best regards, Alek Luchnikov.  E-mail:
alekluch---FORSPAMERS---1983@mail.ru

0
Alek
2/26/2008 1:35:43 PM
> Hello, Amy!
> It is interesting  that in innosetup i can't find how to create link "path
> to msaccess.exe" "path to
> myprog.mde" /wrkgrp "path to users.mde"
> If you know how to, you are welcome  . . .

I believe Inno has forums where you can ask.  But it may be that this is not
something you can get at from outside Access.

HTH;

Amy

0
Amy
2/26/2008 3:27:54 PM
"Alek Luchnikov" <alekluch---FORSPAMERS---1983@mail.ru> wrote in message

Your inno line for a shortcut with a workgroup file will look like:

Name: "{userdesktop}\Rides Stampede Reservations";
FileName: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\MSACCESS.EXE";
Parameters: """{app}\membersDataBaseS.mde""
/Wrkgrp ""\\mainServer\OFFICE\DOCUMENTS\DATA BASE\security.mdw""
/runtime ";
IconFilename: "{app}\cowboy.ico";
comment: "Starts the Rides Booking System"

Above is example for access 2003...

--
Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

0
Albert
2/26/2008 5:17:35 PM
a path may not be necessary as windows may have a path already to the office
applications

msaccess.exe db.mdb   etc

"Albert D. Kallal" <PleaseNOOOsPAMmkallal@msn.com> wrote in message
> "Alek Luchnikov" <alekluch---FORSPAMERS---1983@mail.ru> wrote in message
>
> Your inno line for a shortcut with a workgroup file will look like:
>

> Name: "{userdesktop}\Rides Stampede Reservations";
> FileName: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\MSACCESS.EXE";
> Parameters: """{app}\membersDataBaseS.mde""
> /Wrkgrp ""\\mainServer\OFFICE\DOCUMENTS\DATA BASE\security.mdw""
> /runtime ";
> IconFilename: "{app}\cowboy.ico";
> comment: "Starts the Rides Booking System"
>
> Above is example for access 2003...
>

> --
> Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
> Edmonton, Alberta Canada
> pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com

0
wphx

RE-Installing

Also Can't Install Latest Update

Reason for Access
How can we test this feature in action? I have enabled auditing for file shares and set SACL for a group. I have created sub folders and files in that shared folder, however i do not get any reason for access data in the logs. My expectation is to see some message like, XYZ has created a file/folder by virtue of he being a member of ABC group. Is that not what is expected? Is there any additional config that needs to be done? Pls ignore this request, i found the solution. "Venkat" <venkat@live.com> wrote in message news:uacdydWzKHA.244@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl.....

Value Pak Installer

Unable to access different views within CRM
My client is using Windows XP Pro with Internet Explorer 6. She can log onto the web-client and access my opportunties, my contacts, my leads etc. When she attempts to change views i.e. all opportunities she receives an error message 'an error has occured, please contact your system admin'. Please help!!!! ...

Installation #4

Access 2003 functions
I am trying to calculate a geometric mean in a report. Access does not have a geometric mean function. I can do it using common logarithims and anitlogarithims, but I can only find a natural logarithim function and an exp function that also is based on natural logs. Without going into excel, does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks Chris U�ytkownik "crhiggins" <crhiggins@discussions.microsoft.com> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:A7BF21FF-F298-4983-8C03-F34A23E6B2FF@microsoft.com... >I am trying to calculate a geometric mean in a report. Access does not have >a > g...

Installer for my access application

format in MS Access chart data table
iI created a chart from access table. The format of data is stored in percentage with 2 dec. format. When I creat the chart with data table displayed, the 9.8% diplay as .098 in the data table. Even I changed the number in data sheet to %, it appears as 9.8% in design view, but when I switch to the data view, ir changed back to .0980. I managed to change the axis and data label to % format, but it will not work with the data table. I have another chart with currency in 6 dec. format, the data in the data table shows in scientific format. Is anyone willing to help me to fix this ...

Fresh install, crystal issue.

Installing XP over Linux

Access 7.0 to Access 2003
Can the Access 2003 convert 7.0 files? THis is from Access for WIndows 95 Yes. I believe so. Not sure if it does all the way back to Access 2.0. 1.1 and 1.0 have to be converted to 2.0 first. -- Joe Fallon Access MVP "Dgabriel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16dc701c417ec$fc8a4fa0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Can the Access 2003 convert 7.0 files? THis is from Access > for WIndows 95 ...

MS Access vs Informix 4GL
Hello all; I am quite comfortable using Access via ODBC however I am now looking at a new position using Informix 4GL on top of SQL Technology on an HP9000 server. Has anyone had experience with Informix from a queries, data reporting, manipulation and GUI design perspective? Is it similar to Access and what would be the reasons for using Informix rather than Access. I am plowing through SQL for dummies in the case that I might have to take hours to do what I can do in minutes with Access. Any info would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks RJ "RJ" <RJ@discussio...

CRM SBS install error

Internet Printing: Printer Installation Failed. The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform
Hi. I have a SBS 2003 machine, I have 2 shared printers set up on it for remote users to print via IPP. Both printers are connected to Windows XP workstations. When I browse to https://servername/printers, I see all the printers. I can use the Connect link to install one of the printers on my workstation however if I select the second printer and click on Connect I eventually get the error: Printer Installation Failed The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform. Please contact your administrator to install proper driver files on the server. I've v...

Issue installing KB916803
Hi, I currently have a problem trying to install the above hotfix. I am trying to test this hotfix with Exchange 2003 server running SP2. I have downloaded the SP2 version of the hotfix from MS, but when I try to run it on my Exchange BE server, I get an error back telling me that the version of Exchange I have is too old, and that I need to install SP2 (even though that is what is installed)! I have tried reinstalling SP2, which didnt fix the problem. I then tried installing on a FE server, which had the same issue. I have now tried this in four different E2k3 SP2 servers, and all ...

client installation
i have installed crm 3 server and it working fine. when i try to install the client i get this message :Action microsoft.crm.setup.client.installabpaction failed exception from hresult:08004010f can you help please gil Gil; What version of windows/outlook is installed? Which version of the outlook client are you installing (laptop or desktop)? Are you installing from the CD, or across a network share? At what point does it fail? Dave "Gil Gilon" <Gil Gilon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07D48A61-81B4-4B1C-BF43-9A45A01C5BB7@microsoft.com... &g...

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO INSTALL SPELL CHECK?
Go to www.c360.com. You can download a small spellcheck "add-on" that works with iespell. It's free and it works well. Regards, John ...

Excel won't start after install
After installing office XP excell goes through the motions but never actually starts...help Jon, Try the following: Go to the Windows Start menu, choose Run, and enter Excel.exe /regserver -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:010701c3aad2$20f75500$a301280a@phx.gbl... > After installing office XP excell goes through the > motions but never actually starts...help ...

installing updates. Never ends
when i did a restart, windows notified me it was installing updates and not to turn off the power as windows would restart itself. I keep getting a message the 2 of 3 updates installed. next says do not turn off computer.\\ well what do I do when the update never ends? TIA Snooky wrote: > when i did a restart, windows notified me it was installing updates > and not to turn off the power as windows would restart itself. > > I keep getting a message the 2 of 3 updates installed. next says > do not turn off computer.\\ > > well what do I do when the...

Excel 2003 installation error
I have been using my PC with excel program for 3 years and when I tried to open an excel spreadsheat today and it would not open. "Installation error: file not found" appeared. File not found was SKU011.CAB and I have not been able to reinstall as I don't have the installation CD as I bought the PC second hand with programs on it. Can anyone help? If you have access to another computer you could save the file from one computer to a disc and copy it in to the appropriate file folder in the computer with the error. "derk22" wrote: > I have been using my PC wit...