Inking in Access 2007 and broken links after transfer database on Vista - 137737

Hi,

I transfered an Access database from my old computer running with XP on my
new Tablet PC running with Vista professionnal. I use this database to make
clients folders. Since I work as a psychologist, I receive my clients at my
office and take notes at each appointment with them. I would want to take
ink notes directly and freely in their Access files with my stylet without
to write in the pop Windows writing box. Is-it possible?

Also, some clients folders has annexed files by shortcut outside of the
database. But since I tranfered my database and the folder who included
annexs, the links are broken, since Vista doesn't have the same files
structure than XP. I thought than since the conceptors of Vista had changed
the files structure, they will think to put something to link automaticly
every linked files made under XP oprerating system. Is someone have some
hints to help me to link rapidly my databases files with annexs?

Thanks!

0
SAM
2/15/2008 4:44:19 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Ink
Man I have found this site that has the cheapest ink for any printer. You can compare prices and then review the companies on service and quality. <http://www.imagraphix.com> Let me know what you think ...

Exchange 2007 Command shell
Hello all I am trying to formulate a command in powershell that will give me the size of the junk-email folder for all users on the server. I can run get-mailboxfolderstatistics -id <name of user) -folderlist <junk-email> this command will run but only againts one user. I need a command that will run agints all users. Thanks Try get-mailbox | get-mailboxFolderStatistics -FolderScope "JunkEmail" -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "skip" <skip@discu...

Unable to attach one doc to another in Word 2007
I need to attach one document (an exhibit) to another document. I first tried right clicking the exhibit doc in Windows Explorer, dragging it to the main doc and then press "Copy Here". All it attached to the main doc was the first page of the exhibit. I then tried the "Insert Object" technique, but that didn't work either. It inserted only the first page, not the whole doc. (As a last resort I tried copying and pasting the exhibit doc contents, but, as I expected, the formatting of the exhibit was all screwed up, so that didn't work either) BTW...

How to skip the confirmation on updating link?
for updating links, under Edit > Links, I have specify that Excel always update links, and save it, when I open it next time, message box is still pop up for confirmation. Do you have any suggestions on how to skip the confirmation on updating links? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric What version of Excel are you using? In 2003 the option you want is Edit, Links, Startup Prompt, Don't display the alert and update links. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Eric" wrote: > for updating links, under Edi...

Links #17
When open excel such as financials thubnail it says this workbook contains links etc. It shouldn't and I don’t want it to have links. How do I find the links and eliminate them in excel? Hi Terry, Try Bill manville's FindLink addin which is freely downloadable at: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Def�ault.htm --- Regards, Norman "TerryTutor" <TerryTutor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64759427-1ABE-49F1-8585-DE9ABC0EC86F@microsoft.com... > When open excel such as financials thubnail it says this workbook contains > links etc. It sho...

Access 2.0 Conversion to Access 2003
I'm a newbie at this. An existing small stand alone project has to be converted to the current version of Access. I've d'ld the Access 2003 Conversion Toolkit and run the analysis on the two databases and it reported no major problems for the conversion. When I tried to import the tables into A2k3 a message stating that the 'you must install the Microsoft Access 2.0 Converter in order to convert this file.' I've followed the links to a page where I thought I would find the download or at least an email address where I could post a request. The search ende...

Split a transaction into withdrawal and transfer
Hi I have a transaction for my home payment which consist of mortgage payment (Principle + Interest) and payment to an escrow account for paying the property taxes. I am trying to figure out how can I split this amount into a withdrawal (corresponding to mortgage) and transfer to the escrow account Thanks NS 1. Create an escrow account. 2. Create a loan account and use the payment information from the bank but let it figure out the interest rate. It may be a few decimals places off from the bank but if the P&I is correct and the term is correct, that's probably as close as yo...

Error in Loading image file into database using ADO
Hi, I tried a sample code from a website, to store my files in the database. The code perfeclty writes the data into the access file. I can preview the image in the dialog box. But I am not able to do this via the database that has been created. I am using MS Access2000. The format of the data is .bmp, .jpg, .xls. But in the Access file, instead of saving it as a specified format, it says long binary data which couldn't be opened. If i click that i get message stating " Problem occured while MS Access was communicating with OLE server or ActiveX control" How should I overcome...

Ink
Man I have found this site that has the cheapest ink for any printer. You can compare prices and then review the companies on service and quality. <http://www.imagraphix.com> Let me know what you think ...

Unable to change default font in Outlook 2007
I am unable to change the default font in Outlook 2007. I change it under Tools > Options > Mail Format > Stationery and Fonts. I click the Font button under New Mail Messages and change it to Verdana 10. But when I open a new mail message, the font remains Times New Roman 12. Office has already been uninstalled and reinstalled. Is there a registry key that needs to be edited? Could it be pulling the font settings from somewhere else? Thanks much! JD ...

Pinpad
When I go into "Configure OPOS Service Objects" and select pinpad then test I get an "Access Denied" error message followed by "Unable to OPEN device (Error Code: 104). I am getting this message on both of my terminals, however one of my pinpads displays "READY" where the other one says "OFFLINE". Is there any good documentation on how to setup and trouble shoot these pinpads? Michael, First, have the pinpad(s) been sent to your processor and had them encrypted? Second is it plugged into a serial port on the computer and not a Serial=>...

how do i access my hotmail plus account from outlook
Hi, Please help me by explaining the settings of outlook to access the hotmail plus account as POP mail. I would like to access the hotmail account like a POP account instead of web access. Thanks Vinod Natively you can configure it as an HTTP account. For POP3 like access you can use a third party tool like Hotmail Popper. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 -- "Driltools" <Driltools@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A418134...

Exchange 2003 cannot access system Manager (throws MAPI32.dll Q266418 error Popup)
Thank You for reading my post. We have SBS2003 with Exchange Server. For some time now, whenever I attempt to use the Exchagne System Manager, it fails to load, throwing an error dialog box which reads... Exchange System Manager. Exchange detected that "c:\windows\system32=MAPI32.DLL" is not the correct versin required to run Exchange System Manger or Exchange Server 2003. This may cause failures in Exchange System Manager, affect availability of your server, or both. For more information see Microsoft Knowledge Base article Q266418 at http://support/microsoft.com The...

Ink
Why wont the black ink come out of my printer(Epson)? Hi, Has the black ever worked? Try going into the printer properties and run the nozzle check, head cleaning, and alignment utilities. If these don't work, is there a possibility that the black cartridge is damaged or dried out? M. "princessz325" wrote: > Why wont the black ink come out of my printer(Epson)? it definetely had worked before. And i did all those things, id ont think its the ink cartridge, beacuse we tried another one, and it still didnt work. "Morisot" wrote: > Hi, > > Has th...

How do I enable read access so I can open an access attachment 04-12-10
I just bought Microsoft Office 2007 enterprise for school. When I try to open an attached "ACCESS" file from my school ( so I can edit it for homework) a box with an EXCLAMATION POINT in it shows up and says "the file does not exist, or I don't have read access to the file.." how do I fix this so I can do my homework? One more thing, I have no problem opening an attachment that is a word document. It's strictly the access program I'm hving a problem with.. Please Help.. Sincerely, Sandy ~AKA~Ms. Confused :) Hi Sandy, I think that your p...

user access public folders with no restrictions
i have an exchange server 2003, we want to use shared public folders. I have a public folder call sales and a couple of calender under it, i set the permission on the folder in exc manager. we can access it inside and out. BUT the problem i found is that when i just goto servername/public, on my brouser inside the network .... i have full access - no restrictions You'd be wise to check what the Default and Anonymous permissions are set to on the public folder. Also, if you created the Public Folder, you will by default be an owner, with no restrictions. Also, keep in mind ...

Message Tracking Access Denied
Hi. Got a problem here... Running Exchange 2003 sp1 on Windows Server 2003. Only one Exchange machine. It runs on a DC (hey, I'm in a small environment, leave me alone!), and all seems well.... save for one thing: When I try to enable MESSAGE TRACKING on the server in question I am returned the error: Access Denied. Facility: LDAP Provider ID no: 80070005 Microsoft Exchange Management Now what in the heck does all of that mean? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Joe Hi Joe, I have exactly the same problem on and SBS 2003 server. This feature has been...

access 97 service release-1
Got a new laptop with windows vista home. installed office 97 and getting out of memory error. downloaded sr-1 and sr-2 from microsoft after double clicking the file for sr-1 Sr-1 will not install, it starts by unzipping and then just sits there. if you click on the file again it starts again, unzips and goes directly to the need to reboot screen. after rebooting the serivice release has not installed. any answers out there I'm not using Vista at the moment (I have it on a different PC, but not on the one I'm using right now). Try right-clicking the service-release .exe files, ...

Access Grid Information
Does anyone know how to access grid information? For example, I needed the ability to create a new Service Ticket of a Grid. I was successful. My code is below. But, I think there may be more effecient means of accessing this information. Perhaps Microsoft made a function that allows me to return grid information by column title. Any one have any knowledge? Here is the isv.config code I have created: --------------- <Grid> <MenuBar> <Buttons> <Button Title="Create Service Ticket" ToolTip="Creat a new Service Ticket" Icon="/_im...

linked file not found
Hi, I cut pasted some data in workbook sheet A from another workbook sheet B and then deleted workbook B. When I click on the cell it refers to workbook B, in fact gives me the full path of the value. The file is no longer there. I cant find it using windows search on the whole disk. Does anyone have any idea, what is going on? TIA/amag It appears that you have only copied a link to the data, not the data itself. If you have not deleted the file from your RecycleBin, then restore it and then Copy > PasteSpecial > Values again to re-capture the data. hth Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CA...

Page Numbers Across Different Documents in Word 2007
I am trying to link page numbers across separate documents. In other words, I have multiple documents where I want the page numbers to be sequential across them - so, e.g., I have a "part I" document ending at page 5 and I want the "part II" separate document to start with page 6. I have used the quickparts feature to set up a table of contents that references different, separate documents but am having trouble with this. Can anyone help? There is no built-in mechanism to do this automatically. You can do it manually: In each document, open the Header...

2010 Beta: Wiki Linking (other than to page in same section?)
The wiki linking in ON2010 Beta is nice. One can easily create a new page in a section and have the link to it -- in one easy step. Can one use sytax to link/create a page in *another section* of a notebook? David ...

Error message with Outlook 2007
I am running into problems with some of my users with previews. The error message I am getting is This file cannot be previewed because of an error with the previewer. To open the file double-click it. I found out the problem. Uninstall google desktop.. Just as an FYI "Joe" <josephadeluca@gmail.com> wrote in message news:40EFABD0-33C0-449A-A48E-75CD67B8C648@microsoft.com... > I am running into problems with some of my users with previews. The error > message I am getting is > This file cannot be previewed because of an error with the previewer. To > ope...

have some problem with database
Hello Have this problem that I'm trying to solve. Have just discovered how great Excel is, so I apologise if my question is noobie. Well this is it: In my daily work I have to fill in an excel worksheet that contains following columns -Date -Customer name -Customer number -Product name -Cause -Total amount -Signature -Salesman In the end of every week i have to sumarize everything into an report and I would like to make it more automatic. Have been making this "summarize" for a while and i have one problem. Well my problem is that I would like to know which customers have ...

How do I chart in Access
My database tracks safety observations. My main table fields are as follows: OBS_ID,Date,Observer,Area. I need to be able to produce a graph that shows the number of observations for each area for a particular period. I am stumped. Can someone please help me out? When I enter chart or graph into Help I don't seem to get much information. First create a query that creates the records you want to chart. Then use the chart wizard to add the chart to your form or report. Once the wizard is finished, you usually have to go back and change the Row Source property of the char...